Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X (16575 Views)

One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim / Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Panshow(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2015
It seems like mods are on a pree of digging old threads today. 2012 making front page today.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by fascowilly(m): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2015
abrajproperties:
A lot of confusion in this religion#
I know that bombing human but stoning devil is the right one, MUMU.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Merry Xmas in advance!
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by knaa: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
op i support u 100%.
x stands for bad. most times d devil blindfolds us to see serious issuee as trivial. if u reverence Christ as ur savior why will u be ok when some one substitutes part his name with a letter dat stands for bad.
please to every true christian x is a way of removing d name of christ from all events and making it less popular.
just as BBC has decided to stop using BC which stands for beforr christ and rather prefer using "old era" which sounds dumb.
i will not succumb to substituting d name of my saviour with x neither will i buy and card that reads seasons greetings only. christ is d reason for the season so cards should read MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY CHRISTMAS and not seasons greetings.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Oluwafemi15: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2015
Dear writer don't let us be unnecessarily religious o, what u are saying doesn't mean anything at all. U are the one that just coined ds out of your own imagination and thought, you may be writing Christ full and yet hate him in your heart. Writing Christ as X is nothing at all, just be plain and free your heart. When I write it as X I know very sure that I cannot derogate my Lord and saviour, it's just like writing mnemonics and codes. It means nothing bro, just search your heart and see that you truly love that Christ whom you profess. Thanks for ur understanding!
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by ladycomfort(f): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2015
CrazyMan:
Hi everyone...

I've been carrying this burden in my heart for some time now, and I feel its time I let it out.

Dear christians, you're gradually replacing our lord's name (Christ) with the letter X why?

To be honest its very bad...we're christians, we carry the image of christ not X. So I see no reason why people should say I'm an Xtian or merry Xmas etc.

X if you're a mathematics student simply means unknown. So replacing christ name with X simply means that you have an unknown identity.

It means you no longer bear the image of christ, but an unknown image.

I know we all aren't perfect, and we are all subject to mistakes...but I pray that as God has opened our eyes to the truth, we would learn to call his son rightfully, and refrain from replacing his identity with an unknown letter.

May God bless us even as we keep to his word.

Happy sunday. smiley
. I really hat abbreviation. You can imagine someone typing hbd or hbdllp as a birthday message. It sucks. Total nonsense

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by ayo4lahanyahoo: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2015
A lot of Christians just worry unnecessarily over irrelevant things. Why do you use Roman numerals? Why haven't you complained why letter two is represented as II? The X in Xtians or Xmas is not in anyway demeaning or neither will it reduce its significance. It is a fusion of Greek nd English which has been widely used and accepted over a century ago. Do the research Plssss.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by gemale(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2015
Just whn I tot stupid posts lyk these were going d way of D dinosaurs on NL, 1 fella arises & disappoints me. He's obviously misinformed which is no crime bt my grouse wt him is dt he decided 2 spread his ignorance & misinformation around & further twist dis ignorance in2 propaganda by bringing in d x unknown in maths crap. Oga op d X used in Christmas is a greek abbreviation 4 Christ in kinda d same way "Jesus of Nazareth, king of D jews" is abbreviated as INRI in latin. Pls use Google more 2 avoid future mistakes lyk dis.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by jeevyww(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2015
CrazyMan:

Very bored...if you choose to replace christ with the letter X, and refuse to accept necessary corrections, then I'm really sorry for you.

Honestly I don't think is boring at all. Which is what you. Should have said not bored,the truth is Nigerian christians worry a lot about the most irrelevant things,the bible was never written originally in English but Greek,Aramaic and Hebrew,that said no where in the Original text was he called Christ,but you see instead Xristos and Yeshuwa,you. Saying you are sorry for him shows you feel more spiritual or cleaner than him and that is most indeed pitiful

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by charlsecy(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2015
dominique:
Same should go to those that end prayers with IJN (some people don't even bother to capitalize it)
Grammar things.

panachuku:
Yawns, be like say u drink ogogoro. After 3 years FP. Surely end times
It is Christmas period.

Bella3:
you re totaly right...
ozimec:
OP you're absolutely correct.
OP not absolutely correct, but a sort of ignorant or overzealous.

CrazyMan:
....if you choose to replace christ with the letter X, and refuse to accept necessary corrections, then I'm really sorry for you.
CrazyMan:
Dear christians, you're gradually replacing our lord's name (Christ) with the letter X why?

X if you're a mathematics student simply means unknown. So replacing christ name with X simply means that you have an unknown identity.
I think your post was typed in the ink of ignorance and/or overzealousnes. When does abbreviation become sinful?

I think you are not properly informed about the "X" sometimes used in place of "Christ."

The "X" is taken from the Greek word "Χριστός." The English word "Christ " was translated from "Χριστός."

Xtian and Xmas, for examples, are mere abbreviations, and are not in any way related to the mathematical unknown "x."

knaa:

x stands for bad.
Be informed from the blue-coloured words above.
Meanwhile, in which language does the letter "X" stands for bad?

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by femi4: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2015
kodlins:
What about spelling Jesus as Chisos or Jisox
We should stand for what we believe in.

Sad many were raised in godly homes with godly character
Amen IJN
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by femtoj2: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2015
I agreed with you and OP, I think it is even far more better to load the " Christ" in "Christmas" and replace "Mas" with whatever ?
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by esonuu(m): 9:45am On Dec 06, 2015
My spiritual father pastor praise okpo(of the blessed memory) said dis last yr december,dat its satanic for christians to be using X in place of christ,i believed him..the problem nw is dat it has eaten deep into our minds,evn wen u try nt to say xmas,u end up hearing dat word coming out unconsciously 4rm ur mouth(demerit of over abbreviation).. GOD help us

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by femi4: 9:46am On Dec 06, 2015
ladycomfort:
. I really hat abbreviation. You can imagine someone typing hbd or hbdllp as a birthday message. It sucks. Total nonsense
It is not nonsense especially if you are using a platform like twitter
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by femi4: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2015
esonuu:
My spiritual father pastor praise okpo(of the blessed memory) said dis last yr december,dat its satanic for christians to be using X in place of christ,i believed him..the problem nw is dat it has eaten deep into our minds,evn wen u try nt to say xmas,u end up hearing dat word coming out unconsciously 4rm ur mouth(demerit of over abbreviation).. GOD help us
Must you ascribe everything to demon/Satan?
Its a mere abbreviation just like you ll say ggmub, hbd, llnp, IJN etc
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by ojosegun2011(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2015
I can't blame you because you are a Crazy Man, I don't expect your thinking to be right. Meanwhile, read Matthew 11.28 and take your burden out of the social media to Christ Jesus who has promised you to bring the load on your head, Crazy man with crazy posts.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by charlsecy(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2015
Personally, I don't like abbreviations and email shorthand; I almost always use full form. However, that doesn't mean I will call a mere abbreviation Demonic.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by charlsecy(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2015
esonuu:
My spiritual father pastor praise okpo(of the blessed memory) said dis last yr december,dat its satanic for christians to be using X in place of christ,i believed him..
demerit of over abbreviation...
You rightly understood that it's merely an abbreviation, but unfortunately you accepted it to be Satanic just because your "spiritual father" said something like that. So if your name was Ikechukwu, and you abbreviated it as "Iyke;" it would become Satanic?

Anyway, tell us why you believe that the abbreviation Xmas is Satanic.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by femynho(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2015
CrazyMan:
Hi everyone...

I've been carrying this burden in my heart for some time now, and I feel its time I let it out.

To be honest its very bad...we're christians, we carry the image of christ not X. So I see no reason why people should say I'm an Xtian or merry Xmas etc.

It means you no longer bear the image of christ, but an unknown image.

I know we all aren't perfect, and we are all subject to mistakes...but I pray that as God has opened our eyes to the truth, we would learn to call his son rightfully, and refrain from replacing his identity with an unknown letter.

May God bless us even as we keep to his word.

Happy sunday. smiley

Aftr reading d intro of ur writeup, I just scroll up 2check ur username n guess wat??
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2015
dominique:
Same should go to those that end prayers with IJN (some people don't even bother to capitalize it)
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by FKMagazine(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2015
I hate it wen I see pple do dat

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by sytymo: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2015

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Temysteve(m): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
ITbomb:
The Xteristics of certain Xtains is that certain things can not be xplained xpeciall at xmas

They will be worrying about irrelevant things yet the basic tenet of Christianity, LOVE, is lacking in their lives
Punchline!!!
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by kodlins(f): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
Saurab:

The name Jesus was a corrupted version of Zues

Why don't you mind your Islamic religion
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by peemyke(f): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
I wonder y Christ is bin replaced by X...that's stupidity
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good observation from the op, I myself I will try to stop doing that
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by darlingtonVII(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
This thread was created in october 2012 and it's in frontpage Now?
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by tunde233(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
kelvinili:

The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek , meaning “Christ”.

That wasn't true. I studied Greek. Chi which is represented by our x does not stand for Jesus. You can check online

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by ProPastorChris(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Is the Lord Jesus Himself complaining?
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by tunde233(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
charlsecy:

Grammar things.

It is Christmas period.

OP not absolutely correct, but a sort of ignorant or overzealous.

I think your post was typed in the ink of ignorance and/or overzealousnes. When does abbreviation become sinful?

I think you are not properly informed about the "X" sometimes used in place of "Christ."

The "X" is taken from the Greek word "Χριστός." The English word "Christ " was translated from "Χριστός."

Xtian and Xmas, for examples, are mere abbreviations, and are not in any way related to the mathematical unknown "x."

Be informed from the blue-coloured words above.
Meanwhile, in which language does the letter "X" stands for bad?

I share the sentiment of the OP. You contradicted yourself by saying that a word represents an alphabet . Even in English it is the other way round, B as in Ball, not Ball as in B. X which is an alphabet in Greek and never stands for Christ.
Thanks so much OP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Catholic Priest Be A Best Man? / Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas / Please Don't Lose Your Soul To The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.