Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X (16750 Views)

One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim / Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Sammyblaq(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
True!. We are celebrating CHRIST-mas but all we see around is Santa. Too bad. Accept not the use of X... (Anti-christ alert!).
Every word that have or sounds e(X) is bad. Eg. ex-wife, ex-boyfriend,...
This season celebrate CHRIST not X, Santa, Xmas tree or frost-man.
Merry Christ-mas in advance.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Saurab: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
kodlins:

Why don't you mind your Islamic religion
There was no letter 'J' in the Hebrew alphabet, so how come he was named Jesus? Maybe the Jewish 'saviour' was actually call Yeshua? But how come Yeshua became Jesus? Jesus sounded to me like 'hail Zues'
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
janet4kelly:
Merry Xmas in advance!
Please take correction
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by j1mmy: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
Israelis don't give a shyte about Jesus...
Only stupid brainwashed blacks carry it x 2 on their mumu heads.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by charlsecy(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
tunde233:
You contradicted yourself by saying that a word represents an alphabet...... X which is an alphabet in Greek and never stands for Christ.
You see contradiction where none exists. Worse still, you misrepresented the content and meaning of my submission.

For clarity, I said the Greek word for Christ is Χριστός. Can't you see the "X" in "Χριστός?" This X is what you find in Xmas (ΧριστόςMas), and so forth.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by CrazyMan(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
charlsecy:

You see contradiction where none exists. Worse still, you misrepresented the content and meaning of my submission.

For clarity, I said the Greek word for Christ is Χριστός. Can't you see the "X" in "Χριστός?" This X is what you find in Xmas (ΧριστόςMas), and so forth.
You're not making any sense. So because Christ (Χριστός) in greek begins with the letter X, so we should call him X according to your logic..pathetic!

X as an alphabet in greek can mean anything just as C which is the first alphabet for the word Christ in English language can mean anything. C could be chalk, chair, cream...etc. So by saying C, it doesn't translate to you referring to Christ, you will have to spell the alphabet in full so people would understand you're referring to Christ.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by damocool(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
So disheartened, we can do anything, go anywhere just to get USA, some will even fast and pray, spend days on the mountain, even some Christian(believer) parents have no other prayers than their children to travel to America, but wouldn't do same to make HEAVEN. We obey rules and regulations without violations, just for earthly country that would be consumed by fire at the close of the day, but we keep violating principles that qualify us for HEAVEN.... Don't be deceived by the word "civilization" , technological advancement, data collection, social media and so on is directly or indirectly preparing the ground for the Antichrist, the globe is now connected which makes it easy for Antichrist reign, no hiding place for anyone who misses the RAPTURE, though the spirit of Antichrist is at work already, working hard through INTERNET, MEDIA, DAILIES, FILMS, MUSIC, SPORTS and so on to derail as many with lackadaisical attitudes towards his creator.. Anyone who fails to seize the opportunity Christ has given to us through his death on the cross of calvary will pay the price with his own blood in order to escape eternal damnation during the great tribulation, which I doubt anyone could, because it would be a time of intense suffering, such as was not since the beginning of the world.. there's still little time left for us to fine tune our way brothers and sisters, the would is coming to an end soonest, the events taking place right now in the world really pointing to it, as stated in the book of Matthew 24 and Daniel 12, war, violent, deceiver waxing stronger in their deceit, wickedness abound everywhere, rebellion against the leadership at every level of leadership, etc... We have little time left bro and sis, let's give room for God to have way in our lives, let's repent of our evil ways in sincerity by acknowledgement of our sin, confess and forsake in sincerity and ask for forgiveness of our sin, and cleansing with the blood of Jesus, only the blood of Jesus can make us clean... Join a bible believing church to continue to hear the words that make you grow and strong in the lord spiritually.. Meditate on the Bible and pray every, asking for grace to stand till he comes.. Don't be deceived, heaven is real, likewise hell..... Let he that hath ear, hear what the spirit is saying. Don't mind my English pls... God bless us all..
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by ODUBEZE: 1:20am On Dec 07, 2015
Your write-up portrays you as someone who believes so much in name then why bear CRAZY MAN?
Anyway your call came at the right time! some even take it further by writing IJN instead of In Jesus Name! I guess it is too much familiarity with Christ!
Lord have mercy!
It is well!
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by charlsecy(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2015
CrazyMan:
.....you will have to spell the alphabet in full so people would understand you're referring to Christ.
What you call alphabet is actually a letter, not alphabet. Alpahbet is the body of letters in a language, not a specific letter itself.
Done.

Let's take some examples; Cannot is abbreviated can't; Limited abbreviated LTD, same way Christmas is abbreviated Xmas.
Some source has it that Christ is abbreviated X because of its semblance to a cross.

What problem do you have with abbreviation when it relates to Christianity? Why is it sinful to abbreviate "Christian" words to you?
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by IAMWEALTHY: 6:25am On Dec 09, 2015
[quote author=CrazyMan post=12642409]Hi everyone...

I've been carrying this burden in my heart for some time now, and I feel its time I let it out.

Dear christians, you're gradually replacing our lord's name (Christ) with the letter X why?

To be honest its very bad...we're christians, we carry the image of christ not X. So I see no reason why people should say I'm an Xtian or merry Xmas etc.

X if you're a mathematics student simply means unknown. So replacing christ name with X simply means that you have an unknown identity.

It means you no longer bear the image of christ, but an unknown image.

This should be your problem and not mine. Who made you more hollier than others? Too much religious people in Nigeria still, they don't know the meaning of love. The reason we write xmas instead of christmas is also the reason we write luv instead of love. You got it? This does not mean we do not love Christ. White man brought you the word of God, xmas, and other festive celebrations we do today, but we Nigerians pretend to know better. I am tired of being sick and tired of this so-called nigerian christian hypocrites. Religion and relationship is personal, so keep it to yourself.
Re: Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X by Hawlahscho(m): 6:38am On Dec 31, 2015
CrazyMan:
Hi everyone...

I've been carrying this burden in my heart for some time now, and I feel its time I let it out.

Dear christians, you're gradually replacing our lord's name (Christ) with the letter X why?

To be honest its very bad...we're christians, we carry the image of christ not X. So I see no reason why people should say I'm an Xtian or merry Xmas etc.

X if you're a mathematics student simply means unknown. So replacing christ name with X simply means that you have an unknown identity.

It means you no longer bear the image of christ, but an unknown image.

I know we all aren't perfect, and we are all subject to mistakes...but I pray that as God has opened our eyes to the truth, we would learn to call his son rightfully, and refrain from replacing his identity with an unknown letter.

May God bless us even as we keep to his word.

Happy sunday. smiley

Now, what if I type Christ and my mind and soul keep pronouncing X

Bro, nice observation though but God deals with the mind.
if it's official, I type Christ (for English sake) if it's not, I type anyone that comes to my fingers (for time sake)

That has never and never can that replace Christ with unknown. Bishop David Oyedepo said "what you think is what you become"

#Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? / Joshua Iginla Celebrates Birthday By Donating N23m To 115 Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.