Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? (10243 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Wsdm: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
obadiah777: OH YE SIMPLE ONES HOW LONG WILL YE LOVE SIMPLICITY ? WHAT DO YOU THINK CHRIST IS COMING FOR ?

ISAIAH 14 VS 1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

JEREMIAH 12 VS 15 And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land

NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHAT CHRIST IS COMING FOR
1-YES HE IS COMING TO FIGHT. TO BREAK THE SATANIC HOLD OF THE GENTILES ON THE WORLD. ITS CALLED WORLD WAR THREE AND THE THIRD WOE. ISAIAH 63 VS 1-3, JOEL CHPT3, ISAIAH CHPT 13, ETC ETC
2-TO CLEANSE THE WORLD WITH FIRE ( THERMONUCLEAR FIRE ). HE IS THE ONE WHO PUT IT IN THE MINDS OF THE SCIENTIST TO MAKE THE NUKES ISAIAH 54 VS 16
3-TO COLLECT HIS SAINTS ( ISRAELITES ) FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH AND BRING THEM BACK TO THEIR OWN LAND ( AND NOT NOT THE PEOPLE IN ISRAEL TODAY PRETENDING TO BE JEWS. THOSE ARE AMALEKITE-EDOMITES REV 2 VS 9 )
4-TO PUT THE GENTILES WHO DIDNT HEARKEN TO THE WORD INTO SECOND DEATH
5-TO SPRING ISRAEL FROM SECOND DEATH

CHRIST IS NOT COMING TO HAND OUT COOKIES AND MILK. HE IS COMING FOR WAR.
I do not like countering any quotations from any HOLY BOOKS. But God have been gracious to Israel that their persistent unbelief make me feel that the next thing to them should be punishment.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Jack2fit(m): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
Originalsly: Did the Bible say the first day...Sunday... was the Sabbath?... or the seventh day...Saturday? Am sure you don't have a clue as to why people worship on Sunday. According to the New Testament is for each man to pick any day to be his Sabbath. If a man chooses Tuesday then Sunday is a normal day for him to do business or whatever. If you have a. BIble...read it for yourself.
whr ɪ̣̝̇
ۑ it in T̶̲̥̅̊
h̶̲̥̅̊
℮ bible
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
Wsdm: I do not like countering any quotations from any HOLY BOOKS. But God have been gracious to Israel that their persistent unbelief make me feel that the next thing to them should be punishment.
AND WHO TOLD YOU THOSE IN ISRAEL TODAY ARE THE REAL ISRAEL ? IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE THINKING ?
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Rick9(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
manny4life:

Which of the commandment is this? shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's people like you who twist the Bible upside down
she said the truth
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by jamp: 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
rotimiakpeji: So why did God give the law in the first place if he was going to change it

Good questiom
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] The word of the lord cannot be broken, even Jesus said ''I did not come to abolish the law but rather to fulfill it,'' i believe the reason why the OP asked this question is because the holy spirit has been popping and laying effancies on this commandment of keeping the sabath day holy, the sabath day is the day of the lord, it's a day that should be completely dedicated to the lord Just as tithing 'which is the dedication of 10% of your income to the lord ' is also applicable till date even though it's of old testament origin, but trying not to keep the laws makes u lose your peace, cos you come to realise ''atleast for those who are sensitive to the voice of the holy spirit'' that you actually grieve the holy spirit each time you refuse to obey this two commands, which is a demonstration of love for both God and his church, if you truly love God you would keep his sabath day holy by not engaging in buying and sellings, making it a special day, a day different from the rest of the days of the week, the only thing that would make you buy must only be in demonstration of love to God & to man which was exactly what Jesus did by healing on the sabath day, the sabath day is supposed to be a special day dedicated to God's services of doing good and showing more love and staying completely from anything that contradict the will of God while also tithing is also another way of proofing God to be your source, u pay it cos you love him as it is written ''If you love me, obey my command - Jesus''
And his command says ''bring ye thy tithe into my house that there might be enough in my house - Malachi''
But many choose to twist the scriptures to suit themselves and fall under false deception Just like many atheists & agnostics of today fall into same dark pit of self-deception and most eventually get sold to a reprobate mind and most end up in destruction.
I pray God help us all! [/size]

The Sabbath and tithing isn't for Christians. If you really want to stick to the Laws of Moses, continue with the animal sacrifices at the temple in Jerusalem. Remember to also stone fornicators and adulterers to death too. Contnuing with such actually means Christ came in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by yemivictor: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
Originalsly: Did the Bible say the first day...Sunday... was the Sabbath?... or the seventh day...Saturday? Am sure you don't have a clue as to why people worship on Sunday. According to the New Testament is for each man to pick any day to be his Sabbath. If a man chooses Tuesday then Sunday is a normal day for him to do business or whatever. If you have a. BIble...read it for yourself.

Please where in the new testament is this? I'd like to read it up!
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by TableLeg(m): 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
No.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by jnrremedy(m): 1:15am On Nov 12, 2012
Like so many people have pointed out sabbath is not sunday but saturday. the law of keeping sabbath day holy was giving to the jews (jewish religion judaism is totaly different from christanity in terms of forms of worship moses practised judaism paul was a christian but they both worshiped/served one God) and they still keep it religiously up til date(with other mosaic laws).
When God gave that law (and some other laws) he specifically gave the jews. Jesus demonstrated several times dat following the law is not a pre-equisite for truly serving God. paul made it clear in the book of romans that we gentiles are not bounded by the law. he observed these laws cos he was a jew but not cos he wanted to be a better christian. Mosaic laws are monocultural and traditional (in fact all the books in d old testament are written around just one culture the jewish culture) but christianity is a way different it is a true way of life regardless of culture but, since it originated from the jewish culture it is somehow difficult to totaly seperate d two. most churches doctrine are based on jewish cultural practises not christ based teachings a typical example is tithe giving. Not that some of these jewish cultures can not be followed/practised but inability to follow or practice them should not be regarded as sinning against God. dats was wot jesus was showing when he deliberatly disobeyed some of these laws
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 12, 2012
In America it ain't . undecided
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by aduje(m): 3:04am On Nov 12, 2012
jamp: My fellow NL, Could it be said that buying and selling on a sunday is a sin since the Bible said remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

If is a sin that means almost everybody is committing the sin cos we buy fuel on sunday or enter taxi to visit friends/relations on sunday.

Let's reason together on this
Hmmmm, Sunday is not even a sabbath day to start with. The pastors who preach it produce their messages on CD/DVDs and sell immediately after service (Some of them advertise their books and sell from the pulpit before they start sermon. My take: Make sure you attend service and worship God. after then, if your business can operate on a sunday,,,,go ahead and buy or sell. I use to have a pastor who owns a petrol station, fleet of trucks and buses; these ventures work 24/7 including sundays and the MOG will be angry if i am on duty on a Sunday morning in my own place of work. He will totally condemn working on Sundays until I summoned courage to challenge him...since then he called me a rebel and i had to leave his church for him. Lets be wise man.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by joe4christ(m): 5:59am On Nov 12, 2012
obadiah777: SABBATH IS NO BIG DEAL NOW BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY THE REAL JEWS DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE. THEY HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE LAND ( LUKE 21 VS 24 ) AND DISCONTINUED FROM THEIR HERITAGE AS JEWS ( JEREMIAH 17 VS 4 ). AND WE ARE IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES ( ROMANS 11 VS 11 ) AS SUCH THE SABBATH IS NO BIG DEAL BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO RENDER UNTO CAESAR WHAT IS CAESARS. THIS WORLD IS NOT OF THE LORD AS IT IS SETUP ( JOB 9 VS 24 )

MY POINT HERE IS YOU CAN PICK ANY DAY FOR SABBATH, HOWEVER WHEN THE REAL JEWS ARE RETURNED TO ISRAEL IN CHRISTS SECOND COMING, THE REAL JEWS WILL OBEY SABBATH ON SATURDAY. WOULDT BE NO 'MAN IS MADE FOR SABBATH'. THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A BOOK FOR GENTILES. THIS IS WHY THERE WAS A SABBATH COMPROMISE CUZ YOU CANT EXPECT GENTILES TO OBEY JEWISH LAWS. HOWEVER THE SABBATH IS A VERY IMPORTANT LAW, JUST NOT IN THIS KINGDOM. HOWEVER MORAL LAWS ARE VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS KINGDOM. CEREMONIAL LAWS WILL BE IMPORTANT IN ISRAEL WHEN CHRIST KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED. ONE THING TO NOTE, ONLY HERITAGE ISRAELITES AND THE GENTILES WHO TRULY WORSHIP GOD WILL BE RETURNED TO THE LAND OF ISRAEL. EVERYONE ELSE WILL REMAIN IN THEIR OWN LANDS. AND THEN ISRAEL WILL BE THE AMERICA OF TODAY. FROM ISRAEL WILL COME THE SPIRITUAL CIVILIZATION OF THE WHOLE WORLD.

[size=15pt] Please do read through the whole of Gal 3:1 to the end of same chapter, then would you of a truth know who the true Jews are.
One thing i know is that the word of the lord cannot contradict itself.
I rest my case here! [/size]
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by akon4u: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2012
Jesus Christ has now become the Sabbath rest for Christians under the New Covenant.

Heb:4:1: Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb:4:2: For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb:4:3: For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb:4:4: For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb:4:5: And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb:4:6: Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb:4:7: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb:4:8: For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb:4:9: There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb:4:10: For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb:4:11: Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Networkmaster(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2012
[sub][/sub]
jamp: My fellow NL, Could it be said that buying and selling on a sunday is a sin since the Bible said remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

If is a sin that means almost everybody is committing the sin cos we buy fuel on sunday or enter taxi to visit friends/relations on sunday.

Let's reason together on this

Mind you, the sabbath day is not on sunday it is on saturday which is the last day of the week.
Wish you watch the Anchor of Truth and you will understand how the sunday became a holy day to we christains.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by HerexG(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2012
Know that we are not of the law but of the grace of our Lord Jesus.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Revolva(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2012
If e be me make I hussle get money on sunday I will definately do it who cares we are in the survival times Bleep all these religious bullshit -lets be ourselves
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Ayomivic(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
God takes the issue of Sabbath day very important in Old Testament.He even said that 'anybody that violated his Sabbath day would not enter his place of rest' .The Sabbath day worked for the people in the day of Moses and Joshua because Bible told us that the people served God in the day of Moses and Joshua. But when they departed, things goes in other hand because there ware no people like Moses and Joshua any more. To me, nobody is observing sabbath day any more.I can't say of the Jews today but to the rest of the world nobody. The law of Sabbath is beyond the buying and selling.Even though, it is Saturday nor Sunday.According to the law of Sabbath you can not cook or washing clothes on sabbath day you and your household. You can't go to farm on Sabbath day or make animal to work on the field on that day.Even those that are worshiping on saturday ,are they not doing any other works (homework) apart for their daily transaction?
We are no longer under the law but under the grace as people have said. Some one said 'did God changed his words' ?God knows of this before and that was the reason Moses told them that "God will raise another prophet like him among their brethen him they should listen to". He also promised them a new convenat that different to the one he made to their fathers in the wilderness.He said on that day he would replace their stone heart with flesh. What does these mean to you? What is the new convenant that God spoke of here? What are the different between stone heart and heart of flesh ? Who is the prophet God promises to send and what are the purpose of his coming ? Answers to the above questions would solve the op question.
Very sure Jeses is the prophet God promises to send. A prophet of new covenant. When Jesus cane he said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it.This statement was so confussing to some christians and non-christians.Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law but he disagreed with killing of adulterers which is part of law.He did not come to abolish the law but he heals on Sabbath day which the Jews counted to be unlawful to do.When the Jews accussed him on this, he asked them if they would not pull out their sheep if it fell in pit on sabbath day. His disciples plucked the ear of the corns on sabbath day and he did not rebuke them.
Truely, Jesus did not open his mouth to teach directly that we can work on sabbath day but his teaching show us that God would not punish us for any good thing we did on sabbath day.How did Jesus fulfil the law as he say i did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it ? The law of God is to give us peace not wickedness or hatred of one another. In Old Testament they had turned the law to an excuse to do evil.Take for instance if you have a visitors on Sabbath day, you can not cook for them.Can you imagine,they told the hungry disciples not to pluck on sabbath day.They want them to go on hunger to satisfy the law.That was what they told Jesus when he heals on sabbath day. " It is not lawful to do this on sabbath day" in another words it is not lawful to help or do good on sabbath day.In some cases Jesus will asked them which one is right to do good or evil on Sabbath day? Before he performs miracle on Sabbath.
As they used the sabbath for wickedness that was how they used other commandments.They used the law against adultry and fornication to carry out wickedness by excuting the person that offended them whereas they too did the same in secret.They used the law of divoice to divoice their wife without genuine reasons .Jesus told us a story of good samaritan in which the Levite saw the wounded person but left him in that state and went on his way, the priest saw him too but went away unhelp. The reason they left this man in his condition was that they don't want to commit the sin by touching the dead body because the law forbids the priests and levites to touch the carcass of person or animals.But the Samaritians whom they call sinner did the right thing.
The law is for peace and to help us stay away from wickedness and that was how Jesus fulfils the law because he eliminated the evils attached to the law as a mercy from God for us to make heaven. He said, ' he deserve mercy not sacrifice'. If buying and selling is good God we not punish us for that.People had turned Sunday which they set apart to worship God to the day of fornication and adultery especially in Nigeria.So let us continue to do good be it ordinary days or sabbath day because that is only things that warrant our ticket to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt] Please do read through the whole of Gal 3:1 to the end of same chapter, then would you of a truth know who the true Jews are.
One thing i know is that the word of the lord cannot contradict itself.
I rest my case here! [/size]
WHATS YOUR POINT BRAH ? LETS BREAK BREAD
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by StarblackM: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
[b]Its not a sin cos sunday is not the sabbath day rather its saturday.
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

Which of the commandment is this? shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's people like you who twist the Bible upside down
nay, jesus said if you love your neighbour and god, them you've fulfilled all d commandment. You haven't read dt in your bible?
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2012
Ayomivic: God takes the issue of Sabbath day very important in Old Testament.He even said that 'anybody that violated his Sabbath day would not enter his place of rest' .The Sabbath day worked for the people in the day of Moses and Joshua because Bible told us that the people served God in the day of Moses and Joshua. But when they departed, things goes in other hand because there ware no people like Moses and Joshua any more. To me, nobody is observing sabbath day any more.I can't say of the Jews today but to the rest of the world nobody. The law of Sabbath is beyond the buying and selling.Even though, it is Saturday nor Sunday.According to the law of Sabbath you can not cook or washing clothes on sabbath day you and your household. You can't go to farm on Sabbath day or make animal to work on the field on that day.Even those that are worshiping on saturday ,are they not doing any other works (homework) apart for their daily transaction?
We are no longer under the law but under the grace as people have said. Some one said 'did God changed his words' ?God knows of this before and that was the reason Moses told them that "God will raise another prophet like him among their brethen him they should listen to". He also promised them a new convenat that different to the one he made to their fathers in the wilderness.He said on that day he would replace their stone heart with flesh. What does these mean to you? What is the new convenant that God spoke of here? What are the different between stone heart and heart of flesh ? Who is the prophet God promises to send and what are the purpose of his coming ? Answers to the above questions would solve the op question.
Very sure Jeses is the prophet God promises to send. A prophet of new covenant. When Jesus cane he said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it.This statement was so confussing to some christians and non-christians.Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law but he disagreed with killing of adulterers which is part of law.He did not come to abolish the law but he heals on Sabbath day which the Jews counted to be unlawful to do.When the Jews accussed him on this, he asked them if they would not pull out their sheep if it fell in pit on sabbath day. His disciples plucked the ear of the corns on sabbath day and he did not rebuke them.
Truely, Jesus did not open his mouth to teach directly that we can work on sabbath day but his teaching show us that God would not punish us for any good thing we did on sabbath day.How did Jesus fulfil the law as he say i did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it ? The law of God is to give us peace not wickedness or hatred of one another. In Old Testament they had turned the law to an excuse to do evil.Take for instance if you have a visitors on Sabbath day, you can not cook for them.Can you imagine,they told the hungry disciples not to pluck on sabbath day.They want them to go on hunger to satisfy the law.That was what they told Jesus when he heals on sabbath day. " It is not lawful to do this on sabbath day" in another words it is not lawful to help or do good on sabbath day.In some cases Jesus will asked them which one is right to do good or evil on Sabbath day? Before he performs miracle on Sabbath.
As they used the sabbath for wickedness that was how they used other commandments.They used the law against adultry and fornication to carry out wickedness by excuting the person that offended them whereas they too did the same in secret.They used the law of divoice to divoice their wife without genuine reasons .Jesus told us a story of good samaritan in which the Levite saw the wounded person but left him in that state and went on his way, the priest saw him too but went away unhelp. The reason they left this man in his condition was that they don't want to commit the sin by touching the dead body because the law forbids the priests and levites to touch the carcass of person or animals.But the Samaritians whom they call sinner did the right thing.
The law is for peace and to help us stay away from wickedness and that was how Jesus fulfils the law because he eliminated the evils attached to the law as a mercy from God for us to make heaven. He said, ' he deserve mercy not sacrifice'. If buying and selling is good God we not punish us for that.People had turned Sunday which they set apart to worship God to the day of fornication and adultery especially in Nigeria.So let us continue to do good be it ordinary days or sabbath day because that is only things that warrant our ticket to heaven.
commendable
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2012
pak:

Na wa O. No wonder most atheist know more about Christianity than christians. The last time I checked the Sabbath was on Saturday and even Jesus worked, walked and healed both on Saturday and Sunday so which one is your own.
before you remove what is in another's eyes, remove yours first so you see clearly. If you have any correction to give, direct it to d op.
Meanwhile, when clearing a sister or a brother, it pays not to digress, most christians assume sabbath to be sunday so i ask 'what's ur problem?'
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2012
pDude:

Which bible did you read this from

And who says Sunday is the Sabbath?

Some people just swallow and regurgitate all their pastor tells them.
next time don't be in a haste to correct, try and find out why i posted such...very surprised at you!
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777: SATURDAY IS SABBATH NOT SUNDAY
this in a way answered d question but d op ought to know dt but wanted something more seeing dt sunday is sabbath to some, howdy?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 13, 2012
ATMC: this in a way answered d question but d op ought to know dt but wanted something more seeing dt sunday is sabbath to some, howdy?
CANT COMPROMISE ON THE LORDS DAY. SUNDAY IS SUN WORSHIP DAY IN THE PAGAN TRADITION OF THE ANCIENT ROMAN EMPIRE. I DEY OOOOOOO MY SISTER. WETIN YOU CHOP REMAIN FOR ME NOW ? wink
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777: CANT COMPROMISE ON THE LORDS DAY. SUNDAY IS SUN WORSHIP DAY IN THE PAGAN TRADITION OF THE ANCIENT ROMAN EMPIRE. I DEY OOOOOOO MY SISTER. WETIN YOU CHOP REMAIN FOR ME NOW ? wink
. Dey chop? Lol, man shall not survive by chop chop na...u mean u no dey follow go church on sundays?
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2012
ATMC: . Dey chop? Lol, man shall not survive by chop chop na...u mean u no dey follow go church on sundays?
CHURCH KEEE ? ME I NO DEY GO CHURCH OOO. MY CHURCH IS MY BIBLE
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777: CHURCH KEEE ? ME I NO DEY GO CHURCH OOO. MY CHURCH IS MY BIBLE
your bible no tell you not to form bad habit of neglecting d gathering of brethren?
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2012
ATMC: your bible no tell you not to form bad habit of neglecting d gathering of brethren?
GATHERING OF BRETHREN IS DIFFERENT FROM ORGANIZED RELIGION. GATHERING OF BRETHREN IS 2 OR MORE GATHERING TOGETHER TO BREAK BREAD LIKE WE DO ON NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION EVERYDAY. THAT IS CHURCH. ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A FUNCTION OF SATAN. THATS SATAN MAKING PEOPLE DEFY ACTS 17 VS 24.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by ATMC(f): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777: GATHERING OF BRETHREN IS DIFFERENT FROM ORGANIZED RELIGION. GATHERING OF BRETHREN IS 2 OR MORE GATHERING TOGETHER TO BREAK BREAD LIKE WE DO ON NAIRALAND RELIGION SECTION EVERYDAY. THAT IS CHURCH. ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A FUNCTION OF SATAN. THATS SATAN MAKING PEOPLE DEFY ACTS 17 VS 24.
how are you going to bring up ur kids or are you an eunuch?
Re: Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? by cupidwarden: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2012
BUYING and SELLING on a sunday is a SIN.....because whoever that is buying such a commodity sould have done so the previous day.
As for commercial bus drivers, policemen and doctors, it is quite imperative to work on sundays BUT they would have other days in the week which they would regard as their sundays, where they can rest and thank God for his mercies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? / How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian / Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.