Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? (15546 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by SELFWORTH: 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
manugbo: i think marriage should be allowed to take its natural procedures. if not im very sure the woman will have to endure and not to enjoy that marriage for the rest of her life .

if u ar a lady and u know that age is no longer on your side, instead of u to be dat desperate. pls u can adopt, or u may look for some stupid Married men
(cheaters) or even single gys who can help u father and take care of the child.

pls dont jump into anything on trouser.because it could be a terrible experience for u

I concur. Ladies be warned. Prevention is better than cure. Not everyman you are in courtship with is husband material . No amount of prayer and fasting can save a marriage that breaks the fundamental rule of the bible. We know but don't speak the truth.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by SELFWORTH: 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
adora4u1:

And how many guys on this thread have said they MARRIED the woman who proposed to them? It's very easy to answer a hypothetical question!

Thank u sis. Most guys would obviously liked to be proposed to for obvious reasons. Whether they are married to someone who proposed to them is another matter. This means its simply a dream of theirs .
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by kay10: 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
There is nothing bad in a lady proposing to man.What matter most is the way at which she proposes to a man,that is, it musts be indirect approach.Also,a lady must also look out for reasonable,articulateand intelligent guy before such approach is made.Not just any Guy.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ibatosh84: 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
no because she easily breakup with anytime
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by JoeBatters: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
He who finds(To come upon or discover by searching or making an effort) a wife finds a good thing. And obtains favor from the LORD.Proverbs 18:22.
D bible is against it.
Our culture is Against it.
It is nt Normal or Natural.(Tk a q 4rm nature)
It is a sign of desperation.
Pls we shld stop dis importation of dez negative western ideologies.
If ladies r nt married wen they r in their prime, they need to look inward n re-evaluate themselves.
P.S "An unexamined life is nt worth livin" Socrates
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by secreyor: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
trust me,no matter how much i love my girlfriend,if she beats me to doing d proposal,i might get scared...l mean,it's no more a question of if i love her or not, but as a man,i know why i'm moving at my own pace..so its really unrealistic for her to propose first.To me,i believe dat move would only slow tins down.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Joe Batters: He who finds(To come upon or discover by searching or making an effort) a wife finds a good thing. And obtains favor from the LORD.Proverbs 18:22.
D bible is against it.
Our culture is Against it.
It is nt Normal or Natural.(Tk a q 4rm nature)
It is a sign of desperation.
Pls we shld stop dis importation of dez negative western ideologies.
If ladies r nt married wen they r in their prime, they need to look inward n re-evaluate themselves.
P.S "An unexamined life is nt worth livin" Socrates

We should not forget that the writer of that particular scripture was a man. What about she that finds a husband, like ruth did Boaz, did she not find a good thing ?

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

We should not forget that the writer of that particular scripture was a man. What about she that finds a husband, like ruth did Boaz, did she not find a good thing ?
and where did your bible tell u ruth proposed to boaz?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

I thought Christians said that the Bible is inspired by God. If so, why then are you insinuating that the gender of the writer dictated the structure of that verse?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by chalyotas(m): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare: As a result of the nature of my job I tend to come accross many ladies and gents intending marriage. But one thing I have discovered with the ladies is that, if they had the mind set they could have initiated marriage, not waiting for the guy to ask them first. So my questions
to matured single ladies and guys, and even married ones. If you have/had your way as a lady can you ask a guy out on a date, woo him if he is a husband material and propose marriage and marry him ? And to the guys, will you marry a lady, that asked you out, wooed you and propose to marry you, if she is your ideal wife material ?
there is notin wrong jo.wat matters is d man's acceptance, just as dat of d woman to give it head way.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by kenono(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

We should not forget that the writer of that
particular scripture was a man. What about she that finds a husband, like ruth did Boaz, did she not find a good thing ?

Ruth did not propose to Boaz, she only provided a platform for a connection between them. And Boaz being a noble man knew when he found the right woman for him unlike most guys now who are only sensitive to sex and bed.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by kenono(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
This matter is a matter of personal choice for goodness sake, it's not a debate. Naturally men are hunters, if he chases and catches the prey,it is so sweet in his mouth but if it comes too cheap, 98% of guys won't actually value the marriage on the long -run.

So if I'm a lady I won't do it, and as a man, it turns me off when a lady asks me out, it happens to me almost every week. MaRriage is a far more complicated issue, a man should be careful before making such a terrific decision.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by SELFWORTH: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

The scripture is God's word. It is not open to amendment or reverse analysis. His word is final. The bible never talks about "she finding a good husband" so this is no argument.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by SELFWORTH: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
kenono:

Ruth did not propose to Boaz, she only provided a platform for a connection between them. And Boaz being a noble man knew when he found the right woman for him unlike most guys now who are only sensitive to sex and bed.

I think you mean to say ....sex- addicts and bed-hoppers!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by flexdee(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
As for me I think I'll always like to cook my own woman so that I'll appreciate how to eat her better and not other way round.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by solid3(m): 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
if a lady take m y place to do the marriage proosal, my rep for her wld drop drastically and i wont feel happy to go ahead wit such r/ship.

Except if it dis particular girl.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
kenono:

I did not say propose,go back and read and understand the context in which I made the post
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
SELFWORTH:

The scripture is God's word. It is not open to amendment or reverse analysis. His word is final. The bible never talks about "she finding a good husband" so this is no argument.

So you mean that every he in the bible was refering to a man. Hmmm
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

So you mean that every he in the bible was refering to a man. Hmmm
In the context of "he findeth a good wife," of course, "he" meant a man. And I also believe that every "he" in the Bible refers to a man. Educate me if I am wrong; I am always willing to learn.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by onechance(m): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
I dont see anything wrong in a girl asking a guy out,i have been asked out,me and the girl are good friends.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by vislabraye(m): 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
A lady can go after a guy she likes. Its an art just like a man toasting a babe.
Some ladies have given me subtle signals that they're interested. I remember one telling my friend that she likes me, but never came directly. Some have tried to seduce while some did not know how to go about it.

For the lady, its all about having the technique
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
yes, I like women with confidence. I would even commend her for that and if I like her, why not? this is 21st century, it should not be an issue at all
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by MOBBDEEP: 12:22am On Oct 30, 2012
onechance: I dont see anything wrong in a girl asking a guy out,i have been asked out,me and the girl are good friends.

My brother (no slight intended), as your NL ID name suggested, that proposal na one chance ooo.
LOL hilariously.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by madamebebe(f): 1:18am On Oct 30, 2012
ochallo: please the correct question should be , would you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?. i can't believe this is on front page and is grammatically wrong.
. Ahahahahhaha the coma before 'to you' killed me ahahahaha as if !
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by shadrach77: 2:06am On Oct 30, 2012
For those of you who have been erroneously quoting Proverbs 18:22, here are two alternatives to that scripture

One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover.
I yearned for him, but he did not come.
2 So I said to myself, “I will get up and roam the city,
searching in all its streets and squares.
I will search for the one I love.”
So I searched everywhere but did not find him.
3 The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds,
and I asked, “Have you seen the one I love?”
4 Then scarcely had I left them
when I found my love!
I caught and held him tightly,
then I brought him to my mother’s house,
into my mother’s bed, where I had been conceived.

Songs of Solomon 3:1-4

1 In that day seven women
will take hold of one man
and say, “We will eat our own food
and provide our own clothes;
only let us be called by your name.
Take away our disgrace!”

isaiah 4:1

[size=14pt]Bottom line is, contrary to what some people would have you believe, the bible supports a woman wooing a man[/size] kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:34am On Oct 30, 2012
someone once said dt "will u marry me?" means
"look lady,enuf of spending your n parent money,i am ready to cater for ALL ur needs n wants so move to my place" rephrasing "will u marry(carry all ur problems to) me?.
D que dis throws out is, are d ladies ready to shoulder these responsibilities?
personally,i need to pend her request,study her n ask wat she's bringin into d relp,of course she mustn't b a liability to me,nt one who wud b waitin to colet money b4 she does her hair &so on.
relp wrks wt 2
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by kenono(m): 7:06am On Oct 30, 2012
shadrach77: For those of you who have been erroneously quoting Proverbs 18:22, here are two alternatives to that scripture

One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover.
I yearned for him, but he did not come.
2 So I said to myself, “I will get up and roam the city,
searching in all its streets and squares.
I will search for the one I love.”
So I searched everywhere but did not find him.
3 The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds,
and I asked, “Have you seen the one I love?”
4 Then scarcely had I left them
when I found my love!
I caught and held him tightly,
then I brought him to my mother’s house,
into my mother’s bed, where I had been conceived.

Songs of Solomon 3:1-4

1 In that day seven women
will take hold of one man
and say, “We will eat our own food
and provide our own clothes;
only let us be called by your name.
Take away our disgrace!”

isaiah 4:1

[size=14pt]Bottom line is, contrary to what some people would have you believe, the bible supports a woman wooing a man[/size] kiss :-
* kiss

You are bent on making arguments whether it is wrong or right, the question is "TELL US IF YOU WILL MARRY SUCH A WOMAN" I have seen relationships that started like that and the man will always say "that is how you pushed yourself to me" on the long-run such marriage is prone to be filled with NEGLECTS and LACK OF VALUE. If it can work for you, then I wish u all the best
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by bagsland(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2012
All depends on the situation and persons involved
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by emcemayo: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2012
I proposed to my hubby and we r now 5 years + into it and I couldn't have been happier, best part is that he love's me more!!! Our home is happy and we are best of friends , u can never guess I made the first move because we both are conservative people

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2012
emcemayo: I proposed to my hubby and we r now 5 years + into it and I couldn't have been happier, best part is that he love's me more!!! Our home is happy and we are best of friends , u can never guess I made the first move because we both are conservative people

Oshe! Let them know its possible and not all men will take you for granted. I guess before proposing to him, you have measured his level of maturity in handling such... Thats what I am saying. If you are convinced about it, then go for it gurl!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by madridsta007(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2012
sadeiyare: As a result of the nature of my job I tend to come accross many ladies and gents intending marriage. But one thing I have discovered with the ladies is that, if they had the mind set they could have initiated marriage, not waiting for the guy to ask them first. So my questions to matured single ladies and guys, and even married ones. If you have/had your way as a lady can you ask a guy out on a date, woo him if he is a husband material and propose marriage and marry him ? And to the guys, will you marry a lady, that asked you out, wooed you and propose to marry you, if she is your ideal wife material ?

If she is my ideal wife material? Ideal you mean? Well, yes, yes and a big yes!!! What am I looking for again?

It is a bit dicey anyway. I have had ladies propose to me some jokingly and some quite seriously. Some had even said they would foot the bill, and a couple are non Nigerians. However, I turned them down for a myriad of reasons. Not my kind of person, sometimes I feel they are too cheap, sometimes I feel they are a bit desperate and sometimes I feel that it's plain silly.
But the bottom-line is they are not my kind of person. Else, I wouldn't even let her propose to me, I would propose to her if she's the kind of person I want.
But if my ideal wife-material does propose to me, it's a yes from me straight up.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by 401kk: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There are many couples in America where women have proposed to the men. Many of those couples are still happily married.

It is all about the person.

Liar. Are you the only nairalander living in america?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Lounge..life,love,dressing,food And Everything Ladylike.(season 2) / •**★★Breast Challenge★★*** / Which Month Has The Most Birthdays. . .>>>poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.