Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,876 members, 7,956,304 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped (9562 Views)

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / Fayose's Victory: A Thousand Steps Backward And a Very Sad Day For All Nigerians / Nigeria: Developed, Developing, Or Underdeveloped Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by RareDiamond: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Y0ROBA LAND IS THE MOST UNDER DEVELOPED PART OF NIGERIA. THE SOUTH WESTERN STATES ARE SO BACKWARD AND UNCIVILIZED.

BELOW ARE DIFFERENT PICTURES OF BACKWARD SOUTH WESTERN STATES

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by fairheven: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2014
Tenderly1: I've noticed that most eastern states are backward,and they claim that there are improvment. Could the problem be spiritual undecidedor lack of góod governaceplease drop useful comment.

PS :abeg una i no be yoruba ooo
Wt state are u from?let's compare it wit any state in the East...I double dare you!..that's if you are not hallucinating angry proof to me that u are not a "masquerade" u and ur backers! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2014
Ikengawo: Outside of Abuja, and Lagos, i can't think of a state with a better standard of living than eastern states.
People aren't fabulously rich, or abject poor. Most people, which is natural to the igbo way, are towards the middle, but many are towards the bottom of the middle. You wont find Dangotes and giant buildings, but you won't find beggars, homeless, or destitution.

Otherwise you can't look at Enugu, Imo, Calabar, and Rivers and say you're looking at a 'poorer' region of nigeria. We have our Aba and Onitcha which look atrocious, but their still more productive than any city in nigeria their size by far and large. We Igbos want our states to be better, but we're not going to pretend as if we're living in Ekiti, Kogi, Oyo and the rest because these places still house villages of people that can't speak english and live in thatch and mud dwellings. Though the east doesn't have a Lagos, it has, as a whole, surpassed this level of primitive development which no other region in nigeria as a whole can say it has done.
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by fairheven: 8:55am On Jul 01, 2014
[quote author=grayh@t][/quote]
Even with no federal presence,deliberate marginalisation,3yrs of devastating civil war and genocide,we still have better and livable cities outside of Lagos ,Abuja and portharcourt*(pH still debatable) cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Look @ what they call development grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Tenderly1: I've noticed that most eastern states are backward,and they claim that there are improvment. Could the problem be spiritual undecidedor lack of góod governaceplease drop useful comment.

PS :abeg una i no be yoruba ooo

Sure, you are not Yoruba but

You are demented.

To answer your question visit threads on Ibadan, Enugu, Imo, Anambra and Ekiti. No.need repeating the obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2014
yarodin:

LOL,they are all from Lagos abi u want the guy to say Ekiti?

Hahaha...

The lady is drunk early in the morning..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
I just spoke with a Yoruba guy who said he is from Lagos state, meanwhile his documents said Ogun.
Yorubas, why??

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by chimerase2: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
How r u guys sure that stupid gal is frm yoruba undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by laudate: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
The cybertribalists have started again...with their pathetic rants of "my town is finer than yours'." shocked

While others are busy contributing innovative ideas on other threads, some one here feels the only type of contribution he can make is to start attacking towns, villages and communities in different parts of Nigeria. It shows how shallow some people are.

! Abeg, make I siddon look... wink
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Francis5: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
laudate: The cybertribalists have started again...with their pathetic rants of "my town is finer than yours'." shocked

While others are busy contributing innovative ideas on other threads, some one here feels the only type of contribution he can make is to start attacking towns, villages and communities in different parts of Nigeria. It shows how shallow some people are.

! Abeg, make I siddon look... wink

You crooked ostrich

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by laudate: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ikengawo:

Otherwise you can't look at Enugu, Imo, Calabar, and Rivers and say you're looking at a 'poorer' region of nigeria. We have our Aba and Onitcha which look atrocious, but their still more productive than any city in nigeria their size by far and large.

Hmmnnn..... I thought Calabar & Rivers belong to the South-South, and not the South-East? Why are you lumping these cities with the South-East? Or am I missing something here?

Ikengawo:

We Igbos want our states to be better, but we're not going to pretend as if we're living in Ekiti, Kogi, Oyo and the rest because these places still house villages of people that can't speak english and live in thatch and mud dwellings. Though the east doesn't have a Lagos, it has, as a whole, surpassed this level of primitive development which no other region in nigeria as a whole can say it has done.

Bros, make una no take laugh kill person for here. So every single occupant of every village in the South East, can speak English? So there are no mud houses or thatched huts in any of the South East villages from Abakaliki to Ogbaru? shocked

Chei! I guess people see things differently afterall. undecided

Bros, listen. Every single region in Nigeria (including the South-East) has one or more villages with houses that have thatched roofs and mud bricks. Our political leaders have underdeveloped most of our rural areas. Just go round the villages in your area and check what is going on!
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
laudate:

Hmmnnn..... I thought Calabar & Rivers belong to the South-South, and not the South-East? Why are you lumping these cities with the South-East? Or am I missing something here?

Bros, make una no take laugh kill person for here. So ever single occupant of every village in the South East, can speak English? So there are no mud houses or thatched huts in any of the South East villages from Abakaliki to Ogbaru? shocked

Chei! I guess people see things differently afterall. undecided

Bros, listen. Every single region in Nigeria (including the South-East) has one or more villages with houses that have thatched roofs and mud bricks. Our political leaders have underdeveloped most of our rural areas. Just go round the villages in your area and check what is going on!

U brought these on yourselves and now u are playing victim.

First, the op didn't say SE, he said eastern region, that's how calabar n uyo came up.
Secondly, yes easternrs can express themselves better in English than westerners . U can go and dive in the lagoon for that .
Of course there will be some mud houses in the SE but there are just so many in SW that its even a norm.
So don't come here and form as if we are on the same level.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by laudate: 1:14am On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:

U brought these on yourselves and now u are playing victim.

First, the op didn't say SE, he said eastern region, that's how calabar n uyo came up.
Secondly, yes easternrs can express themselves better in English than westerners . U can go and dive in the lagoon for that .
Of course there will be some mud houses in the SE but there are just so many in SW that its even a norm.
So don't come here and form as if we are on the same level.

Erm .... you conducted a census or a survey, to compare spoken English skills among people in all communities located within the South East and the South West, then you plotted a Gantt chart (or was it a pie chart) in order to find out those who could express themselves better in English? shocked

Hmmn.... wonders will never end!! I am laughing in ...... Chinese! LWMKMD! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by sean079: 3:38am On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123: I just spoke with a Yoruba guy who said he is from Lagos state, meanwhile his documents said Ogun.
Yorubas, why??

i dont knw where u ppl get dis concept dat every yoruba u c must always claim lag. av met so many yoruba n av not come across anyone dat display dis ur idealogy. dey are always proud of dier heritage. just as am a proud ijesha from ipole. dats where i hail from even doe i avnt been to ipole all my life but am ready to project a true son of d soil. dont knw u ppl obsecessn wit lag. even mere lookin at dier name will show u where dis person is from in yorubaland. just lyk fayemi,fagbenro,fashola n so on is common to ppl 4m ilesha to ekiti, olanipekun, oladaoja, ode n so on is synonymous to ppl from ibadan area, yl shodimu, onanuga, shobambi are ijebu names just lyk glo ceo adenugba is ijebu man

1 Like

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by prophylaxis: 6:15am On Jul 02, 2014
Ikengawo: Outside of Abuja, and Lagos, i can't think of a state with a better standard of living than eastern states.
People aren't fabulously rich, or abject poor. Most people, which is natural to the igbo way, are towards the middle, but many are towards the bottom of the middle. You wont find Dangotes and giant buildings, but you won't find beggars, homeless, or destitution.

Otherwise you can't look at Enugu, Imo, Calabar, and Rivers and say you're looking at a 'poorer' region of nigeria. We have our Aba and Onitcha which look atrocious, but their still more productive than any city in nigeria their size by far and large. We Igbos want our states to be better, but we're not going to pretend as if we're living in Ekiti, Kogi, Oyo and the rest because these places still house villages of people that can't speak english and live in thatch and mud dwellings. Though the east doesn't have a Lagos, it has, as a whole, surpassed this level of primitive development which no other region in nigeria as a whole can say it has done.
pls pls pls dnt ever in your life claim rivers state as south east. We are south south abeg n we r nt igbos
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by prophylaxis: 6:22am On Jul 02, 2014
DeLaRue: Dont mind them.

These people dont know that Ibos have single handedly built their region (without any Federal assistance), and have taken on the burden of also developing other regions too, particularly Lagos, Abuja, Portiskum, Igbokoda, Ogbomosho, Jalingo, Abuja, Sokoto, Auchi etc.

Yorubas in particular should be thankful.

Mighty Ibos!
. Dts exactly wt d op is saying if d Igbos r responsible for d developement of lagos n other places in nigeria den der place shld b lik liittle london bt dt is nt d case as we all know

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2014
sean079:

i dont knw where u ppl get dis concept dat every yoruba u c must always claim lag. av met so many yoruba n av not come across anyone dat display dis ur idealogy. dey are always proud of dier heritage. just as am a proud ijesha from ipole. dats where i hail from even doe i avnt been to ipole all my life but am ready to project a true son of d soil. dont knw u ppl obsecessn wit lag. even mere lookin at dier name will show u where dis person is from in yorubaland. just lyk fayemi,fagbenro,fashola n so on is common to ppl 4m ilesha to ekiti, olanipekun, oladaoja, ode n so on is synonymous to ppl from ibadan area, yl shodimu, onanuga, shobambi are ijebu names just lyk glo ceo adenugba is ijebu man

I no know all those disparities o.
but yes, he told me he us from Lagos,
when I told him his documents said otherwise, he said Ogun is close to Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 02, 2014
laudate:

Erm .... you conducted a census or a survey, to compare spoken English skills among people in all communities located within the South East and the South West, then you plotted a Gantt chart (or was it a pie chart) in order to find out those who could express themselves better in English? shocked

Hmmn.... wonders will never end!! I am laughing in ...... Chinese! LWMKMD! grin

What does it take to understand that yorubas don't know how to speak English.
Esp when u visit non Lagos SW, you will see what am talking about.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by lyntiffany(f): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2014
Tenderly1: Did you say very honest?
Yes he said very honest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by lyntiffany(f): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2014
prophylaxis: pls pls pls dnt ever in your life claim rivers state as south east. We are south south abeg n we r nt igbos
is your brain struck by hurricane katrina ? , op said eastern region and pls who wants to claim you guys? Pls cling to your PH who needs it?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Frenchkiss564: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2014
[quote author=Aigipan]

http://nigerianewsdigest.com/anambra-battles-to-free-streets-of-beggars/

Beggars have invaded Onitsha, Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Umunze, Nkpor, Ihiala and Awka, among other towns in Anambra State, turning themselves into a problem. ODOGWU EMEKA ODOGWU reports that the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development is taking steps to curb the menace.

Like bees, beggars have swarmed cities in Anambra State, including Awka, the capital. The streets are congested with these beggars said to be numbering over 10, 000 this is real myth bursting, thumbs up
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by bolaino(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2014
I greet all the Ethnic bigots on this thread. Una welldone.
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by fairheven: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2014
prophylaxis: pls pls pls dnt ever in your life claim rivers state as south east. We are south south abeg n we r nt igbos
And wt is special about your south south?wigh all ur oil money?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
undecided

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Ikengawo: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2014

nobody wants you bungalow drunks in the south east, but you're a colony. Imo State's land should be returned back to Imo from rivers (northern rivers) because you don't know what to do with it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by sean079: 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:

I no know all those disparities o.
but yes, he told me he us from Lagos,
when I told him his documents said otherwise, he said Ogun is close to Lagos.
In dat case i'll say dere is d diff btw am from lag n i lived in lag. i fink he's tryin to tell u dat he reside in lag just lyk som1 from sango r badagri will tell u he's from lag. d mentality is dere dat if u lived in lag dat ure smater, exposed, wise n very civilised dats what i can't deny even som1 dat bin to lag for just 1 day will go back to his town n b boastin abt places he saw durin his trip.
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
sean079:
In dat case i'll say dere is d diff btw am from lag n i lived in lag. i fink he's tryin to tell u dat he reside in lag just lyk som1 from sango r badagri will tell u he's from lag. d mentality is dere dat if u lived in lag dat ure smater, exposed, wise n very civilised dats what i can't deny even som1 dat bin to lag for just 1 day will go back to his town n b boastin abt places he saw durin his trip.

No, dude is from Ogun state pure.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Abagworo(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
I can see y'all who thrive in diverting every meaningful discussion into tribalism, religious intolerance and sectional hatred on this thread. Why do you thrive in negativity? Why must issues always be turned to tribalism? This thread is so old and whoever resurrected it just did it to create tribalists paradise and I can see y'all swarming here like bees.
Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Ikengawo: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
If you want to discuss igbos make a thread called 'igbo states'. If you say east we'll compare east to whatever part of the country you want and it is by far the most developed, academically achieved, industrialized and lively of all the 3 regions. We haven't had a WAEC where the top 3 wasn't eastern, and typically Southeastern to be specific. The comparisons are foolish. The worst village in the southeast is on par with Oshogbomo.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by Ezemust: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
DeLaRue: Dont mind them.

These people dont know that Ibos have single handedly built their region (without any Federal assistance), and have taken on the burden of also developing other regions too, particularly Lagos, Abuja, Portiskum, Igbokoda, Ogbomosho, Jalingo, Abuja, Sokoto, Auchi etc.

Yorubas in particular should be thankful.

Mighty Ibos!
did brush 2day?ur teeth de smell small small

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Eastern States So Backward And Underdeveloped by size38: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
The Easterners will continue to lack development until they realise that charity begins at home. The Igbos are busy claiming other peoples home states like Lagos, Port harcourt, Delta, Edo etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Delaying Senate Forgery Case, Say Police / Enugu Traditional Rulers’ Council Outlaws Girl-Child Marriage / Fuel Scarcity: Kick Out APC, Vote For PDP In 2023, Saraki Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.