Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. (4902 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by pastormustwacc: 8:49am On Oct 23, 2012
I only came to speak on this thread because i had a "reading" for the poster, and i have delivered it (and he has accepted it in his heart, i know and i am happy).

I have been called a lot of things in my time. Last week, i made a reading on an event in someone's past and told the person how to improve herself = and she started accusing me of witchcraft (how did you know)?

Personally, i dont care what people think or say, it makes no difference, and cannot reduce the price of garri to the market.

And also, i want the atheists to note that, i have never at any time on nairaland criticize them, unlike other christians. And i dont criticize muslims either.
For reasons best known to me, and fortunately others too.

And also, I am not accountable to anyone else on this thread. In fact, i am not opening this thread again.

*Unsubscribes and walk out*

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2012
Pastormustwacc is a scary guy

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Frostyzone(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Did i mention losing my psychic abilities at any time?

Of course there is no such thing, i think i need to see a "shrink", and do some electro-convulsive-therapy to straighten my head. Thanks.
Why not give it a try.
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by CrazyMan(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03: They dont exist. You cant even define them
Spirit exist...they reside in the fourth dimension, which is the spirit world and we can't see into that world unless there is a portal or the veil between worlds is thin...

All dimensions have a different vibration, we are surrounded by dimensions we cannot see, but sometimes we do get a glimpse into their world and sometimes they get a glimpse into our world.

Below is how I got a glimpse of a spirit...that was some years back.

I woke up in the middle of the night to ease myself, as I got into the toilet, I noticed a strange sound coming from the compound that shared the same fence with us.

Upon further gaze, I saw a white short creature, about 3 feet tall coming out from the banana tree an heading for the bush...it was making a very strange sound.

I was dazed at first but I kept quiet and continued looking. After about 30 seconds, the weird creature disappeared into the bush and I returned back to my room.

I found it very difficult sleeping that night because I was scared of having nightmares.

Later, I came to understand that what I actually saw that day was a spirit/ghost/demon...

I doubt if you (logicboy) has spent up to 6 months in your village that's why you remain adamant on your stand.

On a very good day whenever you visit Nigeria, take a stroll to a shrine in the wee hours of the morning and I'm sure that your life would never remain the same again.

Spirit exist and don't deceive yourself that they don't...I would share another experience with you.

When I was much younger I accompanied my grand mum into a herbalist house.

When we got there, after the usual greetings and exchanging of pleasantries...my grand mum stated her reason for being there, the diba (Igbo meaning for a herbalist) began reciting some incantations.

As the incantations went on, I felt a kind of unusual presence, it was as if there was someone with us in that shrine...my confusion and questions were silenced because not long after that awful feeling, the earthen pot in the shrine began to speak to us.

This is not an issue of proof or scientific explanation. I was there personally and I saw it with my own eyes.

I've had so many other similar encounters, that time won't permit me to share them here.

So if you actually need a valid proof as to whether or not spirit exists, just do what I suggested, and you'll find the answers you're looking for...

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2012
Happy you cited the village... Why do spirits not exist in towns and cities, places with significantly more educated people? Why do these superstitions thrive in ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by cyrexx: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
musKeeto: Happy you cited the village... Why do spirits not exist in towns and cities, places with significantly more educated people? Why do these superstitions thrive in ignorance?

me too, i wonder o.

E be like say spirits dey manifest well well among illiterates and ignorant folks in villages but they avoid the educated and enlightened people in the cities. Maybe spirits are suffering from "enlighten-phobia"

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
cyrexx:

me too, i wonder o.

E be like say spirits dey manifest well well among illiterates and ignorant folks in villages but they avoid the educated and enlightened people in the cities. Maybe spirits are suffering from "enlighten-phobia"

grin grin grin

Spirits are like the boogeyman, they are only strong when you are afraid or believe in them.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by italo: 6:55am On Oct 25, 2012
Oh! So spirits even exist at all... "I am an Atheist"... Indeed!
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by DrGboy(m): 7:31am On Oct 25, 2012
@logic boy.... There was a famous man John bunyan(atheist) who lived in d 17th century,he faced d same depression as u did and even wanted to commit suicide.immediately his soul was caught up in d spiritual realm.he saw heaven and hell,he even saw how atheists were being tormented by demons.the demons said they believe in d existence of God but hate him what more than a mere human who doesn't beleive at all.
B4 u start an argument on my post,kindly visit this link to verify.this is fact not fiction... http://www.hissheep.org/messages/visions_of_heaven_and_hell.html

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2012
italo: Oh! So spirits even exist at all... "I am an Atheist"... Indeed!

Did I say that spirits exist?
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
@logic boy.... There a famous man John bunyan(atheist) who lived in d 17th century,he faced d same depression as u did and even wanted to commit suicide.immediately his soul was caught up in d spiritual realm.he saw heaven and hell,he even saw how atheists were being tormented by demons.the demons said they believe in d existence of God but hate him what more than a mere human who doesn't beleive at all.
B4 u start an argument on my post,kindly visit this link to verify.this is fact not fiction... http://www.hissheep.org/messages/visions_of_heaven_and_hell.html

lol....I am not depressed ATM
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2012
God sure loves the broken hearted...
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by cyrexx: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
@logic boy.... There was a famous man John bunyan(atheist) who lived in d 17th century,he faced d same depression as u did and even wanted to commit suicide.immediately his soul was caught up in d spiritual realm.he saw heaven and hell,he even saw how atheists were being tormented by demons.the demons said they believe in d existence of God but hate him what more than a mere human who doesn't beleive at all.

Will you quit this dishonest lie of promoting this falsehood of a book that is not only unscriptural but written by a charlatan who falsely poses as John Bunyan.

The book has been debunked and exposed for a fraud that it is a long time ago.

Check out this site and educate yourself http://www.cobblestoneroadministry.org/Visionsofheaven_bunyan.html
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2012
cyrexx:

will quit this dishonest lie of promoting this falsehood of a book that is not only unscriptural but written by a charlatan who falsely poses as John Bunyan.

The book has been debunked and exposed for a fraud that it is a long time ago.

Check out this site and educate yourself http://www.cobblestoneroadministry.org/Visionsofheaven_bunyan.html

LOl.....can you imagine? People lying for the faith

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by cyrexx: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

LOl.....can you imagine? People lying for the faith

Na today?

I've said elsewhere that the fear of hell is the engine that keeps the motor of christianity running. So i wont be surprised if christians fabricate stories to scare people into their faith.

Charlatans like Mary Baxter has been recently exposed and even recently debunked by frosbel on nairaland. She wrote her false visions about hell in order to generate followership into christianity.

Fake people promoting false ideas

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheists hardly convert to religion. Very difficult.
i know many wu did. Religion accding to them adds meaning to their life. Few are very suspious and entering a theological debate with them may be agonizing, other just let go faith for them is an opportunity to free urself of worry, i have chatted with many catholics wu were atheist and catholics wu becam atheist and leta becam catholic. It is a list of endless posibilities.
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Inova(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Spirit exist...they reside in the fourth dimension, which is the spirit world and we can't see into that world unless there is a portal or the veil between worlds is thin...

All dimensions have a different vibration, we are surrounded by dimensions we cannot see, but sometimes we do get a glimpse into their world and sometimes they get a glimpse into our world.

Below is how I got a glimpse of a spirit...that was some years back.

I woke up in the middle of the night to ease myself, as I got into the toilet, I noticed a strange sound coming from the compound that shared the same fence with us.

Upon further gaze, I saw a white short creature, about 3 feet tall coming out from the banana tree an heading for the bush...it was making a very strange sound.

I was dazed at first but I kept quiet and continued looking. After about 30 seconds, the weird creature disappeared into the bush and I returned back to my room.

I found it very difficult sleeping that night because I was scared of having nightmares.

Later, I came to understand that what I actually saw that day was a spirit/ghost/demon...

I doubt if you (logicboy) has spent up to 6 months in your village that's why you remain adamant on your stand.

On a very good day whenever you visit Nigeria, take a stroll to a shrine in the wee hours of the morning and I'm sure that your life would never remain the same again.

Spirit exist and don't deceive yourself that they don't...I would share another experience with you.

When I was much younger I accompanied my grand mum into a herbalist house.

When we got there, after the usual greetings and exchanging of pleasantries...my grand mum stated her reason for being there, the diba (Igbo meaning for a herbalist) began reciting some incantations.

As the incantations went on, I felt a kind of unusual presence, it was as if there was someone with us in that shrine...my confusion and questions were silenced because not long after that awful feeling, the earthen pot in the shrine began to speak to us.

This is not an issue of proof or scientific explanation. I was there personally and I saw it with my own eyes.

I've had so many other similar encounters, that time won't permit me to share them here.

So if you actually need a valid proof as to whether or not spirit exists, just do what I suggested, and you'll find the answers you're looking for...

Don't know why these Spirits don't like welling in developed areas
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: i know many wu did. Religion accding to them adds meaning to their life. Few are very suspious and entering a theological debate with them may be agonizing, other just let go faith for them is an opportunity to free urself of worry, i have chatted with many catholics wu were atheist and catholics wu becam atheist and leta becam catholic. It is a list of endless posibilities.

What you are talking about is very rare. Every year is a different catholic scandal. It is rare for an ex-catholic atheist to convert back. Possible but rare
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Inova:

Don't know why these Spirits don't like welling in developed areas

I want an explanation for that too! I don't hear such in developed nations. But in Africa, I have witnessed one too many (witches & wizards confessing, Juju and many other things) and I'm convinced they weren't fake.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

What you are talking about is very rare. Every year is a different catholic scandal. It is rare for an ex-catholic atheist to convert back. Possible but rare
not among those i chat wit, scandals doesnt deter anyone wu has faith, infact i will be worried if scandals didnt exist. I tink my bible says sumwhere that it Must come "but woe to him wu it came from"

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: not among those i chat wit, scandals doesnt [size=18pt]deter anyone wu has faith[/size], infact i will be worried if scandals didnt exist. I tink my bible says sumwhere that it Must come "but woe to him wu it came from"

The scandals will deter anyone who has common sense.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by MaxDick9ja: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
well I'm currently battling depression, I'm not suicidal but I get depressed Alot... I'm at that stage where I have pretend to be a Christian just to get favours from family. I hope I go past this though...
Fortunately I got some of the ingredients you used. I.e The Catholic Church and the internet...
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by ATMC(f): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
pastormustwacc: @Logicboy03, i believe you, but you are different from the regular atheists, you went into atheism for similar reasons i became an atheist a long way back.

And i would have remained so, but i had ancestral gods/spirits from my bloodline line who started coming after me and tried to force me to worship them - i refused but was seriously punished physically and spiritually, and i discovered that it was only Jesus that worked against them, so this brought me back to christianity, after going through various other religions but not finding solutions.

Well, continue using your logic since it works for you, but i have seen into your future (was shown without my asking), and i have already seen that your atheism is only for a time (believe it or not).
lol for real, 300 likes
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by ATMC(f): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
my goodness! So john bunyan was an atheist, i'm reading his book presently- the pilgrim's progress
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
MaxDick9ja: well I'm currently battling depression, I'm not suicidal but I get depressed Alot... I'm at that stage where I have pretend to be a Christian just to get favours from family. I hope I go past this though...
Fortunately I got some of the ingredients you used. I.e The Catholic Church and the internet...

Cheers bro!

Keep up the struggle
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Chubhie: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
musKeeto: Happy you cited the village... Why do spirits not exist in towns and cities, places with significantly more educated people? Why do these superstitions thrive in ignorance?
you should also ask yourself, why non domesticated animals thrive more in the villages and not in the cities.... Logic alone is not suffient enough to define existence... If you know your philosophy, you should understand that there is a metaphysical world.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 26, 2012
Chubhie: you should also ask yourself, why non domesticated animals thrive more in the villages and not in the cities.... Logic alone is not suffient enough to define existence... If you know your philosophy, you should understand that there is a metaphysical world.

Whaddafuck? shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Chubhie: 3:46am On Oct 26, 2012
musKeeto:

Whaddafuck? shocked shocked angry angry
you asked crazyman why ghosts thrive in his village and not in the city....... Going by your own reasoning, you should also ask why.....Wild animals, or nondomestic animals, which have not been domesticated or tamed rather live in a natural state/village.
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 26, 2012
Chubhie: you asked crazyman why ghosts thrive in his village and not in the city.......[b] Going by your own reasoning, [/b]you should also ask why.....Wild animals, or nondomestic animals, which have not been domesticated or tamed rather live in a natural state/village.
Not my reasoning bro, I'm no intellectual, but I reason much better than this...
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by DrGboy(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2012
Acts 26:9-11

Paul said,  “I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth.  And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Lord’s people (christians) in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.  Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. I was so obsessed with persecuting them that I even hunted them down in foreign cities.

Warning: If you are so obsessed in persecuting christians everywhere and on nairaland, just like Saul did before he met Jesus, I beg you to repent before it's too late. You may not get the same grace like Saul.

Jesus loves you.
Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Paul said,  “I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth.  And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Lord’s people (christians) in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them.  Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. I was so obsessed with persecuting them that I even hunted them down in foreign cities.

Warning: If you are so obsessed in persecuting christians everywhere and on nairaland, just like Saul did before he met Jesus, I beg you to repent before it's too late. You may not get the same grace like Saul.

Jesus loves you.

sad sad sad

Jesus loves jews, not you

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 26, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Jesus loves you.

Ever wondered if Saul at some point realised that the best way to beat the Christians, was to become one of them?

The Damascus trip, his views on women being silent in the church, his attack on Paul for not eating with the Gentiles (or something similar)....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COZA Church Members Throng Dubai For Pastor's Birthday / Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. / Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.