Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

The Widow's Offering.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Widow's Offering.... (1639 Views)

Pastor's Widow's To Sue Assemblies Of God General Council / The Widow’s Mite: A Lesson On Religious Abuse / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
Believers should seek God, and not a legalistic rule, about how much to give. The value of our offering is not determined by how much we give, but how we give.

Mark 12:41-44 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury.
Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.
Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth,this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

2 Corinthians 9:7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

The way God values our offerings is different than how men do.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
James 1:27
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

What is the world celebrating since yestarday? (Saint day) they call it, wordly known as HALLOWEEN!!!!

Christians do not partake in this worldly feast.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Many christians are sleeping these days.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville: Believers should seek God, and not a legalistic rule, about how much to give. The value of our offering is not determined by how much we give, but how we give.

Mark 12:41-44 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury.
Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.
Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth,this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

2 Corinthians 9:7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

The way God values our offerings is different than how men do.

The widows offering highlightsthe fact that religion is the opium of the people. A deadly and addictive drug.

A poverty riddled person is giving their money away to a church that can survive without it and she is being praised for contributing to her own suicide?

Plappville, use your brain
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: Many christians are sleeping these days.

The love of the world is full of fun, they do not want to miss the funs grin grin
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

The widows offering highlightsthe fact that religion is the opium of the people. A deadly and addictive drug.

A poverty riddled person is giving their money away to a church that can survive without it and she is being praised for contributing to her own suicide?

Plappville, use your brain

Na your own opinion be that? undecided
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

Na your own opinion be that? undecided

That is a factual response to the passage.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

That is a factual response to the passage.

You have your words, you can hold firm to them. Didn't you see that the woman gave very little, but appears to be the best giver in the eyes of Christ?

Widows are cared for, they are not oblige to give, they are even to be cared for by the church.

1 Timothy 5:3-4
Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

You have your words, you can hold firm to them. Didn't you see that the woman gave very little, but appears to be the best giver in the eyes of Christ?

Widows are cared for, they are not oblige to give, they are even to be cared for by the church.

1 Timothy 5:3-4
Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.

So you now lie for Jesus? Who told you that biblical churches cared for widows. I woud like to ask you to examine whether the book of timothy was written at the time of the events we are talking about.

Furthermore, the poor widow should not give anything to the church. Nothing. If she gives the church money, then she is paying for the "care" (which you falsely claim), and as such, she is not being cared for- she is receiving serviceor her money.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
If the pharises with all their logic and scriptural knowlege could not understand Jesus, I see know reason why an atheist can - no matter how smart.
If I were an atheist, I would not bother with the bible at all.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: If the pharises with all their logic and scriptural knowlege could not understand Jesus, I see know reason why an atheist can - no matter how smart.
If I were an atheist, I would not bother with the bible at all.

1) The pharisees were hypocrites and never even questioned the laws they followed. Atheists dont follow scriptures and they by nature question things with logic. The pharisees were primitive and illogical.

2) Atheists dont bother with the bible but it is Christians who bring on the wrath when they use the bible to say that atheists are evil or devil worshippers. Atheists have been blamed for moral decay of the society and have been called folls by christians. Tell me what give you the right to complain whne we bash the source of christian bigotry called the bible?
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Me dont know how this particular thread should concern an atheist sha.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: Me dont know how this particular thread should concern an atheist sha.

When your wife or girlfriend gives half of her income to tithes/offerings, an atheist has to be concerned about the teachings of offerings
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:
When your wife or girlfriend gives half of her income to tithes/offerings, an atheist has to be concerned about the teachings of offerings

This is irrelevant:
1. I am not married.
2. I dont have a girlfriend.
3. I dont believe in tithes

1 Like

Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:

This is irrelevant:
1. I am not married.
2. I dont have a girlfriend.
3. I dont believe in tithes

You miss the point
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^I am only playing on your logic. But then, i have delivered my message already.
What i meant really is that - it is not given to an atheist to understand spiritual things - they are foolishness unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

That is the spirit you refer to as hallucinogen by the way.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by finestboy2(m): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
God isn't intersted in ur money but ur heart. Dat was wat d offering was all abt

1 Like

Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

So you now lie for Jesus? Who told you that biblical churches cared for widows. I woud like to ask you to examine whether the book of timothy was written at the time of the events we are talking about.

Furthermore, the poor widow should not give anything to the church. Nothing. If she gives the church money, then she is paying for the "care" (which you falsely claim), and as such, she is not being cared for- she is receiving serviceor her money.

Bro Logic, i no lie for my Savior, you saw in the verse i posted that the Apostle Paul charged Timothy to "Honor widows who are really widows"

The previews chapter states how James described caring for widows as "pure and undefiled religion" so i dont know why you not agree with this.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logic actually understands the thread but tries to act as if he does not (but i can see beyond his defense no matter he tries to hide - afteral i am supposed to be you-know-what-i-mean?).
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: Me dont know how this particular thread should concern an atheist sha.

Let Him continue, Even though he is unbelieve, He sometimes speak some truth grin grin

@Logic, feel free cool
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by plappville(f): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: Logic actually understands the thread but tries to act as if he does not (but i can see beyond his defense no matter he tries to hide - afteral i am supposed to be you-know-what-i-mean?).

He like to drag people leg out grin grin grin
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
He is an atheist really (but he is only so conditionally).
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville: He like to drag people leg out grin grin grin
It is not really that. But his soul seeks something very important to him (believe me when i tell you that he does not need all these our "nonsense preachings"wink. My one prayer for him is that his wishes be fulfilled (because he deserves what it is that he seeks).

Sheesh! i hope i have not succeeded in sounding like a pirated fortune teller (high on opium and garri-weed).

Now, I am back from soul-travelling. What is latest on the thread?
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by chiteny(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Why is an Atheist on this thread or has he started studying the bible too?
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
chiteny: Why is an Atheist on this thread or has he started studying the bible too?

lol.....you forget that many atheists were Christians before?

cool
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
*Passing*
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by chiteny(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....you forget that many atheists were Christians before?

cool

Ahh. Ok. So bros wetin come make u convert divert to atheism?
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
chiteny:

Ahh. Ok. So bros wetin come make u convert divert to atheism?

The fact that there is not one piece of evidence for god?

The fact that the bible supports slavery instead of condemning it?

The fact that the major churches once supported slavery and have apologised for such?

The fact that christianity is just a foriegn religion brough to us by Europeans?

The fact that creationism is a lie?
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by chiteny(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

The fact that there is not one piece of evidence for god?

The fact that the bible supports slavery instead of condemning it?

The fact that the major churches once supported slavery and have apologised for such?

The fact that christianity is just a foriegn religion brough to us by Europeans?

The fact that creationism is a lie?

Ok. I see. So i believe since you are not a christian any more, just avoid us that are christians; stop peeping into christian threads na so u no go get these reminders/nightmares every time.

1 Like

Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
chiteny:

Ok. I see. So i believe since you are not a christian any more, just avoid us that are christians; stop peeping into christian threads na so u no go get these reminders/nightmares every time.

What? You are not even shaken by these facts?

The force faith is strong in you cheesy
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by pastormustwac: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

What? You are not even shaken by these facts?

The force faith is strong in you cheesy

@Atheist, christians that have experienced the power of God cannot be shaken easily.
Re: The Widow's Offering.... by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:

@Atheist, christians that have experienced the power of God cannot be shaken easily.

I hear that Boko Haram bombs shake things a lot wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / Exposition Of Kingdom Principles / The Only Ideal Church/ministry I Have Seen In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.