Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? (15875 Views)

Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? / Who Remembers Watching A Nigerian Comedy Called Uncle Joe? / Some More Ways To Know You Are Watching A Nigerian Film (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by thaira(f): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
I believe the ability to feel fully part of a movie is called suspension of disbelief. The last one I cried over is Mainframe's Maami. I cried that day and kept hugging my 1year old son to myself!
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by freecocoa(f): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
'3 idiots' is one movie that can make one cry and laugh at the same time, that movie make sense die.
Indian films are often very emotional.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by wonlasewonimi: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Idamu paadi mikailu, ogboju ode ni igbo irunmole, arelu
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by coolegbo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Since i started acting in 2002, i've not been too emotional about movies but before then, 'mother india' was touching (i wish to see the movie again) especially the scene when the mother shot her child.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Suljosh: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
dmcdad: Well.. I dont shed tearz but sometimez tearz can be in my eyez buh I sure wont allow it to drop. This happens when I watch movie with an open mind and get obsessed with d series of happeningz. Movies like: Fireproof, The prince & me, The other end of d line... Just to mention a few.. Lol
i cried wen i watched Titanic
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yes o!!

Movies ..

- Passion of the Christ... Emotion: Hilarious.. I laughed my asss off.. Especially when they were flogging Jesus.. Darn that shit was funny!! Aluu 4 video was way worse..

- The Champ - Tears

- Million Dollar Baby - Tears

- John Q - Tears

- Rocky 6 - (After the fight when the crowd was chanting 'Rocky! Rocky!!!... - Tears rolled down my eyes men.. Flash backs of all the rockies ran through my mind..

- Slumdog Millionaire - Sober

- UP - I actually cried in an animated movie.. FHUCK ME MEN!! That cartoon is on my top 3 animations of all times..

- The King & I (The original version) - Tears.. When the king died.. DARN!!!

More to follow..

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Mehn, I seriously cannot understand how you guys cried for 3 idiots. I just laughed like crazy all through even though some parts were sentimental.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by thaira(f): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
I believe the ability to feel fully part of a movie is called suspension of disbelief. The last one I cried over is Mainframe's Maami. I cried that day and kept hugging my 1year old son to myself! embarassedI believe the ability to feel fully part of a movie is called suspension of disbelief. The last one I cried over is Mainframe's Maami. I cried that day and kept hugging my 1year old son to myself!
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by passionate88: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
freecocoa: I cried uncontrollably when I saw 'sometimes in April'.
My dad shed a few tears when we watched 'the pursuit of happiness'.
also shed a tear when I watched that movie "Sometimes in April", The pursuit of happyness is really emotional... Some films that brought tears 2 my eyes are "Not without my daughter", the deep end of the ocean, titanic, John Q, Sarafina, A beautiful Mind, there are many that I've 4gotten.. And one about steve biko.. That got me in tears when they put his body in a car 2 take 2 hospital..
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by remmyton(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
binger: Hey! i forgot to mention this...i really cried the day i watched "Passion Of The Christ" and i am proud i did.infact,whoever did not cry after watching that movie tara isi mbe(ate a tortoise head)lol

me too, i didnt even realise that i was crying until my clothes started getting soaked
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Burger01(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
pendo89: Idwgbu go away.We are crying here.please stop mocking. grin grin grin cry
Yeah, Idwgbu stop mocking them movie criers...
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by annastacie: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
i watch titanic n i cry like a baby

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nairaplus(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yes! Tears run down my cheeks when I watch "[size=20pt]JEWEL IN THE PALACE[/size]". You need to see that Korean Movie. grin
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Can we talk about books that made us so freaking emotional?
Harry Potter man. I'm a total lover and sucker for the books and movies, but the books really brought out the teary part of me (parts 5, 6 and 7). I was so vexed when Sirius and Dobby died that I didn't touch the book for a day. When Dumbledore died, I felt like I was gonna die too...gosh, the pain was unbearable. JK Rowlings really showed no mercy in killing off those characters...I wanted to curse her badly but at the end, it's just a damn book.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
ItsModella: Can we talk about books that made us so freaking emotional?
Harry Potter man. I'm a total lover and sucker for the books and movies, but the books really brought out the teary part of me (parts 5, 6 and 7). I was so vexed when Sirius and Dobby died that I didn't touch the book for a day. When Dumbledore died, I felt like I was gonna die too...gosh, the pain was unbearable. JK Rowlings really showed no mercy in killing off those characters...I wanted to curse her badly but at the end, it's just a damn book.
Schizo! Lmfaoooo!!!!!
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
Burger01:
Yeah, Idwgbu stop mocking them movie criers...
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by dmcdad: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
remmyton:

me too, i didnt even realise that i was crying until my clothes started getting soaked

Ahh. Lamba...
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2012

The movie is utter rubbish..

I remember standing in line at W.H Smith on the day that the last book [Harry Porter & the deathly Hallows] was launched. I must say that the end was rather anti-climatic for me..

I prefered the leaked version of deathly hallows to the released version..
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by desktop: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
Fine things by Danielle steel when I read the book I cried...then I saw the movie I still cried again...God!
Titanic...for sure
When I was younger I saw Jesus of Nazareth,i cried and swore I would never sin again...but like I said,when I was small!
Then which one again?
let me think I dey come
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yes while watching titanic and passion of the christ....
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by passionate88: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
If u want books that will make u cry.. Find V.C Andrews series.. Flowers in the Attic... That's the part 1.. When u read it, u will forget harry potter
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by goofie: 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
i cried for gazab, an indian movie. then 3 idiots ws so emotional.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

The movie is utter rubbish..

I remember standing in line at W.H Smith on the day that the last book [Harry Porter & the deathly Hallows] was launched. I must say that the end was rather anti-climatic for me..

I prefered the leaked version of deathly hallows to the released version..
I agree. The imageries Rowlings created in the books are fantastic but the movies totally ruined them.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by DeaconFrost1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
These movies got me crying and i was thinking if it happened to estella.passion of christ,titanic, the gladiator, Prison break(the death of scofield), a million tears, sometimes in april, dog of war, great expectations, these movies and some other ones made me cry
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
If crying during seeing a movie is a crime, i will be in jail by now.i hate being emotional during watching of movies but i still cry afterwards

HARDBALL: i cried when the little kid died and keanu reeves was giving out his condelence messsage to the church congregation.my mom nearly cried too cos she watched it with me

MY NAME IS KHAN: gosh, i cried like a kid when he finally succeded in meeting the president and proved his innocence.

3 IDIOTS: when one of the guys deceided to commit sucide by falling off from the window.especially when the antagonist had to show the guy the pic of the girl and told him he will marry her and the guy finally moved to show he could hear him speak.i still cry even till now whenever i watch that part

SUNITA: i don't know the main name of this indian movie but thats what we called it when we were kids.its about a story of two lovers that made a vow not to leave each other.the gurl later got injured in an accident and had to undergo face sugery to give her a new look and the guy couldn't recognise her again.trust me, if you watch that film, you'll cry.right now i feel like crying just thinking about that film

TITANIC: i cried when kate woke up and saw jack was dead.she then said few words to him and let him go.as he descended down the bottom of the ocean in slow motion, i bawled my eyes out.so touching!!

Coming back with more cos i've cried in many films i can't remember

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
passionate88: If u want books that will make u cry.. Find V.C Andrews series.. Flowers in the Attic... That's the part 1.. When u read it, u will forget harry potter
One of my friends told me to forget the book. Have you read Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl? That book just left me heavy with emotions.
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by shyna501: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
​i culdn't control my tears wen ​i 1st watch Titanic
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by coogar: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
lalaosky:
SUNITA: i don't know the main name of this indian movie but thats what we called it when we were kids.its about a story of two lovers that made a vow not to leave each other.the gurl later got injured in an accident and had to undergo face sugery to give her a new look and the guy couldn't recognise her again.trust me, if you watch that film, you'll cry.right now i feel like crying just thinking about that film

the title is "the promise"
i hated this movie to the core not because of the content or the storyline but because it's so overrated! the females in ma house watched it at least twice a day denying me of live football games, other action movies, etc so i really hated it!
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by passionate88: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
ItsModella:
One of my friends told me to forget the book. Have you read Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl? That book just left me heavy with emotions.
just find it and read... My elder sis cried her eyez out when she read it... I haven't read that Anne Frank's novel... Will look 4 d e-book 2 download..
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by passionate88: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
coogar:

i hated this movie to the core not because of the content or the storyline but because it's so overrated! the females in ma house watched it at least twice a day denying me of live football games, other action movies, etc so i really hated it!
sleeping with the enemy and Pretty woman by Julia Roberts deprived me of other movies then... Bt I got 2 love it later on..
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
coogar:

LMAO...your sisters watching it all the time should have let you know the film is intresting..i can't watch it currently cos new flicks this days has better storylines and clearer pictures.but give it a try, you might actually cry if you're the emotional type

coogar, i think the movie had an indian name which meant "the promise" in english..if you can remember the indian name of it for me, i will be glad.help me if you can cos i miss that movie
Re: Ever Been Emotional While Watching A Movie? by chinco19(f): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hasn't anyone watched 'letters to God'?.....mehn....i cried like a baby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija Craze: Why Nigerian Youths Are Too Young To Run - Osayimwen / Maltina Dance All Contestants Performing (Picture) / Nigerian Idol Season 2 (2011/2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.