Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (18321 Views)

Poll: Which team will win?

Super Eagles Of Nigeria: 55% (64 votes)
National Team of Benin Republic: 17% (20 votes)
A 0-0 draw.: 27% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tosinadeda: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2008
with a bang
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Eclairs: 1:22am On Jan 27, 2008
Benin 1 from a free kick, Nigeria 0.

Sorry folks. if anyone think the super eagles will score in this tournament, then the person has to wake up.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by McOmo(m): 1:54am On Jan 27, 2008
NA WA 4 UNA O shocked shocked

I know the odds are stacked against us . . .but then have u observed that there are more to these things that we just love to pay attention to ?

whoever thinks CIV will play a draw with Mali is joking !

DROGBA WILL WANT TO RETAIN THE AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR AWARD !!!

and how is he going to do this if he doesnt score goals ? considering the fact that his c-contestants are already scoring goals ?  undecided

do u guys really think CIV will love to come 2nd in case of a slip-up to Mali ? do u feel they will not prefer to avoid Ghana right about now ? especially as it puts them at a disadvantage  undecided

Diarra and a few others will missing in that match due to suspensions, THIS WILL CHANGE THE COMPLEXION OF THE GAME !  cool

well . . . LIKE I SAID, WE HAVE A BUNCH OF AVERAGE PLAYERS JUST RECENTLY EXPOSED TO MANY, THO HITHERTO DISCOVERED BY PEEPS LIKE DAYOKANU AND I

but then . . . . who remembers the road to Italy winning the last World Cup ?  cool

OH LORD LET THIS CUP PASS OVER US ONCE MORE  cry
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by 9ja4eva: 3:42am On Jan 27, 2008
Benin 2

Nigeria 1
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Vieira(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2008
the nigerian team is a disgrace.

I am not sure who is worse Nigeria or England, both teams full of overrated, overpaid jackasses.

Dem no even look like they fit beat my sunday football team.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by toshmann(m): 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2008
england team is better. they can score goals. just that they have a bad keeper. nigerian team . . . . he he he he he heeeee. . . . from the keeper to the striker . . . . they no fit run. yakubu just de fat for yansh grin grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2008
Anyway, may be they could make it but i will not going to put my heart into it. well good luck to them
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2008
Anyway, may be they could make it but i will not going to put my heart into it. well good luck to them
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by aroti: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2008
Mr  Proxies i find myself contending with the possibily of YOUR NOT having watched a single match involving Nigeria in the current ACN. you seem to have an extraordinary belief system that is slightly short of delusion!!!

nonsense !!! rubbish! i sure say na another nations cup you they  cool watch!!!  yeye man!!! grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by aroti: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2008
folahann (m)

the trend of things tells me that on this occassion, Nigeria will not make it to the next round. the odds seem

unfavourable.

when was the last time Nigeria needed any country's assistant to qualify from the first round of the ACN

PROBABLY 1982!!!!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2008
Obviously Nigeria will actually create s bit of history, in recent football; no seeded team have failed to make it past the group stage. rebember Nigeria was seeded in group B
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by prince84(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2008
nigeria 1 benin 4, civ1/2 mali 1/2 grin grin grin

super fowls disgraced!!!
Kanu retires
vogts kidnapped
lulu arrested by efcc
obafemi,yakubu,osaze,nsofor,utaka on exile
mikel new captain
capello newcoach
nfa underpresidency

how una see am?? grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by walbii: 11:05am On Jan 28, 2008
Proxy, i like ur faith,but the gospel truth is we don't have what it takes to beat the benin team,our strikers can shoot,Martins cannot trap the ball,we don't have midfielders,in fact we don't have a team against a benin team that can run for 90mins and shoot from every angle.AS for IVORY COAST beating MALI forget it,they have decided to play it easy with each other so as to avoid injuries for the next round.I WILL NOT WATCH THAT MATCH,rather i will go and watch my team ARSENAL VS NEWCASTLE and enjoy the game of football the way it should be played.UP GUNNERS 4 LIFE.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by mamalaj(f): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2008
Who knows if the eagles can beat Benin now ehnn,man reach to fear oo cos Benin don score 1 goal and number 1 for the ranking cant even manage to score half,if Nigeria dey rely on CIV to beat Mali they should think again cos Drogba's wife is Malian and in order to pls his inlaws he wont go all out against Mali,so to the Eagles safe journey to ur respective clubs tomoro,they should not even bother branching naija.Fear dey catch me to predict, so i reserve my comments.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by blackmann(m): 11:21am On Jan 28, 2008
If dem like, make dem beat benin 20-1. Cos i know with all the gra-gra and shakara and noise wey drogba and sissoko dey make for paper, na draw dem go play. and even if we manage to qualify for the next round, which is highly unlikely, we no go pass that next round. Chikena!!! Useless green bush fowls angry.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by AnthoniO(m): 11:26am On Jan 28, 2008
You may all be surprised that Cote D'Ivoire will beat Mali and Nigeria will still not be able to beat Benin.
How does that sound? Funny, right?
Watch and see.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Ibime(m): 11:41am On Jan 28, 2008
Have you heard what Didier Drogba said about their game with Mali?

"We have to win all our matches but it is difficult to say what will happen. You know my wife is Malian, I don’t know but we will see what we can do."

Infact, many Ivorian players have family connection with Mali, including the Toure brothers.

WE ARE FINISHED!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by darmys(f): 11:42am On Jan 28, 2008
na now una know say we don finish i knew after the game with CIV grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by teec: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2008
Let the eagles try and win this match if not for qualifying, but just to secure their faces. Too bad for my darling (super eagles)
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Olumide7(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2008
Nigeria 3 Benin 0 I still believe in the boys, they can do it. The Majority expected Nigeria to beat Mali but we didn't. Now, the Majority believes Nigeria cannot beat Benin I think the reverse will be the case. And for all of u Nigerians that have stopped supporting Nigeria, I think it will only be fair if u didn't support Nigeria when we are through to the Quarter Finals.

Naija 4 Life No Shaking
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Pitokwe(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2008
I think Nigeria will play to win,hoping and praying that ivory coast beat mali.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by teec: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
I think d eagles should just go out there and play their match with Benin republic as a normal game without mindin what ivory coast and Mali will decide to do. It's too late to make amends now, so let them just try n secure their faces by winning this match, if not Haas NF will be left with no other option other than to deny them of their pay pack. cool
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by teec: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2008
drogba can go to hell, is he not lucky enough? i beg jooo
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by ademolathe(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
it is anither goaless draw grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by blackmann(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2008
Pitokwe:

I think Nigeria will play to win,hoping and praying that ivory coast beat mali.

Why should we "hope and pray" that cote d'voire beat mali? why must we "hope and pray" all the time in order to qualify? why couldn't those wingless chickens take the chance when they had it angry? Abeg no make i vex o angry angry angry.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by topeorekoy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
my take on this is that nigeria will beat benin but my fear is the outcome of the match between civ and mali. i am afraid that we might just come back home
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by daronscopy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2008
i am optimistic that nigeria will win the match,let;s all join hands and pray for this boys. kiss
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by benedo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ olumide
Nigeria 3 Benin 0 I still believe in the boys, they can do it. The Majority expected Nigeria to beat Mali but we didn't. Now, the Majority believes Nigeria cannot beat Benin I think the reverse will be the case. And for all of u Nigerians that have stopped supporting Nigeria, I think it will only be fair if u didn't support Nigeria when we are through to the Quarter Finals.

Naija 4 Life No Shaking

You be my man jare, where  has patriotism gone to. wether we like it or not Naija cannot be winning all the time,even in this rough time for them we must find it n our heart to support this team, no matter how hard.
Naija 3 Benin 0 and Iv Coast 2 Mali 0
The Quarter finals beckons to the Super Eagles of Nigeria
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2008
It is interesting to note how we couch our logic embellished with sentiments and illogical wishes.

If we had not seen the depth of our performance in the CIV match, one would think it was sinply bad luck we lost the match.

We were orrible, please people accept that. We lost the second match in the same vein. We were orribel,

It is sad that in this day and age we are actually not sure of beating Benin Rep. or worst we are hoping that CIV beat Mail, Man this is the saddest show of impotence i have ever seen.

Liver-up!! guyz. CIV/MALI/Benin are all Francophone Countries do you think the ties are simply West African boundaries?

We have lost and we'd better accept and re-gig our strategy, Cut NFA away from the Ministry, Privatize it and make it a public Company, I am sure every Nairalander will buy the NFA IPO, at N100 per share.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by EKENEA(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
I do not see how nigeria will beat benin, with vogts as coach, he did same in scotland so do not expect nigeria to win, its benin 3 nigeria 1
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Kemjisuper(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2008
There's no need to see that match. I've already managed to avoid high BP for long enough. I pray they get beaten badly and fly away to their clubs forever, let's build a brand new squad!  angry
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by sagitarius(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2008

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Fifteen Players Resign From Spanish Women’s Football Team In Bid To Oust Coach / FG Recognises Pinnick As NFF President To Avoid FIFA Ban / Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Lampard Reveals How He Will Replace Hazard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.