Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (18324 Views)

Poll: Which team will win?

Super Eagles Of Nigeria: 55% (64 votes)
National Team of Benin Republic: 17% (20 votes)
A 0-0 draw.: 27% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
How can an un-organized team such as Nigeria
Win Benin?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by femar99(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2008
Those expecting some miracle for super eagles. Better take heart now and face the reality that super eagles will not make it to the quarter finals. The coaching crew and even the players lack the needed drive for success in the ongoing nations cup tournament.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by porasog(f): 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ poster
i think nigeria will win - score 3- 1 against Benin Rep.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
mali, ivory coast (2 -1) in favor of ivory coast

Make una just pray so say e hapen as I talk. Amin O!!!! grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by airjaw(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2008
Okay o, we dey pray make e happen like dat
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Rhea(f): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2008
What if CIV beats Mali, and Nigeria draws with Benin?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by hammers(m): 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2008
@jayon

One difference btw reasonable individuals and nitwits is that reasonable people think about consequences and implications of actions before doing anything.I wonder wat u stand to gain from the book you advertised 'the fall of islam'?
I believe this forum unifies many individuals, mostly the knowledgeable ones but its so unfortunate that while some people contribute meaningfully some contribute negatively.

i dont know how pius or educated u really are but i guess u  certainly do not know the value of any -if u have at all.

if u die today are u sure of making heaven?

what good impact have u had on the lives of people?

Preach more of your religion and win more souls rather than enjoying unreasonable slander.

I read thru your profile and saw how passioinate you are to your faith.

i am not a fanatic. i am a muslim with 70% christian friends.My closest friends are christians.
I  was sent to a missionary school in the early parts of my education.

I enjoy none of anything that has to do with blasphemy.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by nyabinghi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2008
This seems the hardest draw on paper in this round. Why is it that chelsea always get away with cheap draws.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by anusule(m): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
nyabinghi:

This seems the hardest draw on paper in this round. Why is it that chelsea always get away with cheap draws.

are you lost?
please keep english league for another day. we are discussing about our beloved country, nigeria.

@topic
i expect the eagles to beat benin mercilessly, hope i wont be dissappointed, AGAIN.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by anusule(m): 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2008
Rhea:

What if CIV beats Mali, and Nigeria draws with Benin?

HMM,
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Mustay(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
thatz impossible.

Nigeria under5o sef go beat 'em benin boys.

Inspite of Drogba's offer to help 9ja, whether 9ja qualifies or not, the nfa WILL STIL be the same angry angry angry

I think we should just enjoy the proceedings

Nigeria 4 - 0 Benin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by divanaija1: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2008
angry

(After that Mali disgrace. . .)

Benin - 5

Nigeria - 0  angry  angry  angry
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Hayorbahmy(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
there is no hope for Nigeria in this nations cup, even if we manage to scale thru this stage( very slim chances), if we would be meeting Ghana or whoever am sure Nigeria is not going to last in the nations cup not with the nonchalant attitude shown by the coach and lack lustre performance of the players.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Prince22(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2008
You are very right, must we put ourselves under pressure before we archive?

Quite ashame Niger!!!!! what a mess

No1 FIFO rating in Africa and 19th in the world

Where do we belong after this tournament?

Among all, I'm a True Nigerian
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Dovent: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2008
What is happening to Nigeria brought back the memory of what happened to France at the World cup. The French team could not score a goal throughout the tournament with all their bignames. That is not to say that the squad wasnt good. Football is like that soemtimes. Though, there are some problems with super eagle's squad, but their input is not their output. I still pray will qualify.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Mustay(m): 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2008
Ghanains sef are not so confident about their team
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by brosdee: 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
Nigeria will beat Benni 2- 0, CIV will beat Mali 1-0
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Nella(f): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
with d way 9jeria have been playing --- even a kindergarten class would beat them!

We have no players!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Frando29(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2008
u r talking about booking flights back to Naija, u don't know these boys. they are missing their club sides. i guess they are flying straight to their club countries. i bet you.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2008
nig 1 Benin 0
CIV 2,Mali 0
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by sod4luv(m): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2008
We go win, i pray Civ wins also
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by proxies(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2008
The question is that do u think Nigeria would score a goal in dis tournament?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2008
I Wish them good luck but I'm not going to put heart into this
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by sley4life(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2008
Benin 0 Nig 0 or Benin 1 Nig 0. The super eagles are already out of the nations cup. I personaly was in Ghana in the room close to CIV room where i saw Drogba and Kanoute interacting and i heard them discussing about the match and i heard Drogba saying he wont score any goal against Mali that any goal bound ball will be sent over the bar and same to other team mate. He also said they should leave the match goaless so that Nigeria should go home. I am tired of this because we have met doom already. We should not even waste any flight ticket bringings this men back to nigeria. They should be sent to their club with any available flight without the NFA paying their ticket. Vogt should go to hell. We have lost and we should just think about 2010 nations cup. I dont think we can even qualify for 2010 world cup. To hell with super eagles! To hell with Vogt! To hell with NFA!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by deejay1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
Nigeria vs Benin aint brotherin mi @all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a winnable game if our guys n manager dnt play foolish footy n stupid tactics again! Am 100% sure if we go tru yh we cant nt in ds world beat Ghana in d quarter finals. so we pretty much have nothin 2 hope 4 as far as am concern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2008
@sley4life
Sure you heard that conversation, anyway I know Ivory Coast will not be willing to beat Mali but the Stupid Super Chickens Eagles caused it all. I need to know the name of the Hotel you heard that conversaation btw Drogba and Kanoute
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by ifyalways(f): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2008
sley4life:

Benin 0 Nig 0 or Benin 1 Nig 0. The super eagles are already out of the nations cup. I personaly was in Ghana in the room close to CIV room where i saw Drogba and Kanoute interacting and i heard them discussing about the match and i heard Drogba saying he wont score any goal against Mali that any goal bound ball will be sent over the bar and same to other team mate. He also said they should leave the match goaless so that Nigeria should go home. I am tired of this because we have met doom already. We should not even waste any flight ticket bringings this men back to nigeria. They should be sent to their club with any available flight without the NFA paying their ticket. Vogt should go to hell. We have lost and we should just think about 2010 nations cup. I don't think we can even qualify for 2010 world cup. To hell with super eagles! To hell with Vogt! To hell with NFA!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by bawomol(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2008
match fixing is illegal. i doubt they make such conversation in the open. especially in an hotel.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by sley4life(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2008
This was a real conversation. I heard it personaly. The match btw CIV and Mali is already a draw. Its been said already from authoritative source. I heard it all from the horses mouth.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 12:41am On Jan 29, 2008
Benin promises to go home with at least a point
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by darf(m): 12:44am On Jan 29, 2008
Drogba is married to a malian, infact to the malian minister of sports daughter.
and what God has joined together let not soccer or naija put assunder.
Result-CIV 0/Mali 0
Naija  0/Benin 0.
anyway i still hope naija beats benin.but lets see some otherfaces
in the squad.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by 9ja4eva: 2:11am On Jan 29, 2008
Benin 2

Nigeria 1
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by obasanjo2(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2008
Super Fowls boxed in a corner! Well, Nigeria will score and win against Voodoo-touting Benin. And then we'll go all the way to the Semi-Final! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

FG Recognises Pinnick As NFF President To Avoid FIFA Ban / Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Lampard Reveals How He Will Replace Hazard / Wayne Rooney Given Interim Role At Derby After Cocu Dismissal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.