Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (33649 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by coogar: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
Odunnu: Finally unfollows thread.
Keep it up. I'm out.

awwww, odunnu - please don't go! cry cry cry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nosagold(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: IDIAAAT! I will be back for you! You son of a bleeding c''unt!!

Keep insulting urself young gerl, I doubt if U̶̲̥̅̊ re truely a married woman, cuz no married woman on her right thinking would do Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† U̶̲̥̅̊ re doing here,

I wil ignore U̶̲̥̅̊ from nw cuz i see Ŧħåϯ ther is no shame in U̶̲̥̅̊......

#teamokija#
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
9ja_I_hail: ogugua88:

I agree with this last bit. I don't know what "The Igbo Cause" is. Nigeria is a mess in its entirety. I don't know how they find time or opportunity to focus on "The Igbo Cause". It's embarrassing that there are people who are still calling themselves Biafrans, who are still fighting for a(n) Biafran/Igbo cause, who can't put their vendettas aside to deal with a much bigger problem. They may think Igbos are the best tribe or have their own agenda, but they still come from Nigeria, one of the most unstable, feared nations not only in the continent, but in the world. Some priorities need to be straightened.

@Ifyalways

Nne i only ask her a question if truly she made the statement credited to her. I never said she shouldn't contest of course she is a full blooded igbo woman like everyone of us.In all honesty i shouldn't have contributed to that issue because i am a member of tribunal, like my colleague Ujchief rightly said, as a member of tribunal i shouldn't have voice out to any candidate. I 9JA_I_HAIL wish to withdraw this statement below made by me and promise to continue giving my people the selfless service with good mind and joy. Thank you all.

@Ogugua88: If truly the above statement was credited to you i honestly doubt your possibility or ability to occupy such a sensitive position as Eze nwanyi. As i stated earlier before. Eze ndigbo and Eze nwanyi should not be for those with this one Nigeria mindset and should not be fore those who did not know what our course is as you stated in the above statement that you did not really know what igbo course or agenda is, Eze ndigbo or Eze nwanyi parliament or council is a place to discuss some sensitive issues affecting ndigbo in general. For the sake of emphasize i will like to state that Eze Ndigbo or Eze nwanyi should not go to those that does not know the anguish and pains igbos are under going in this present arranged marriage call Nigeria.I 9ja_i_hail want to assure the candidates that whomever that wins the election and did not represent to our satisfaction we the council will move the motion to impeach the person be it Eze or Eze nwanyi.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
9JA_I_HAIL reporting to work.

Greetings my colleagues PointB, Afam, Ujchief.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifeegee(f): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
coogar:

may amadioha wrap your intestines around your neck and choke you to death! who are you calling "Yoruba"?
Got u my bro/sis,it was all good,those made it more fun.I didn't bother to vote 4 EZE cos' I didn't know what their manifestos were or what they were bringing to the table.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by coogar: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
ifee-gee:
Got u my bro/sis,it was all good,those made it more fun.I didn't bother to vote 4 EZE cos' I didn't know what their manifestos were or what they were bringing to the table.

vote for okija....click on his profile and read his previous comments concerning this election!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
9ja_I_hail
Welcome back. And thank for withdrawing your comment about one of the contestant.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT
My attention has been drawn to some calls for the disqualification of Ogugua on the same basis as Okija_juju's. Please note that the Nomination Rules were for Eze Ndi Igbo and was partly adopted for the test run of Eze Nwayi. Even at that, Ogugua comment did not denigrate 'other Igbo group/sub group, state, or institution' She hasn't be found going thread to thread slating Igbos from other states or making distasteful jests about them. And at the time of her nomination and up till now, her comments did not portray her as someone whose candidacy will cause general uproar, and disunity among us. In other words she met with the basic requirement. As earlier noted the Eze Nwayi position is been given a test run. More robust rules will be set next time.

I find no ground for her disqualification. Her candidacy stands!

PointB

Electoral Commissioner
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Something for us all to remember,

The love that we share is more important than the power that any one of us wields!

PointB started all this! He shouldav authenticated okija's ticket!

This woulda'v been peaceful.

I hope he accepts responsibility for all this, fairly, the most stupiid election i've ever participated in.

All these wouldav been averted, but he was acting stiff-necked!

Only, and i repeat, Only Afam, so ya bu ezigbo mmadu, amongst d tribunal.

I'm not bothered sha, okija bu eze'm till whatever constitution is revisited!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
PointB: ELECTION UPDATE - PRESS RELEASE
Let me reiterate for the purpose of emphasis, and to educate those who might otherwise be deceived.

The candidates in this election are:
OnlyTruth and Odumchi for Eze Ndi Igbo
And
Ogugua and Policewoman for Eze Nwayi

They are the ones YOUR VOTE should go to if you want to contribute to the progress and unity of Igbos on the forum.

Okija_juju was disqualified for creating disunity and confusion among Igbos as evident even in his posts here. All votes for him will count as wasted votes.

There are MARKER points within the thread that indicated the last counted voters/votes. The candidates voted for and the voter (poster) including the pages numbers (and other details)are captured in a spread sheet. Once a MARKER is placed, you edit vote at your own risk. Double (including multiple IDs) votes cast in favour of eligible candidates if detected will count as Zero. Cast your vote dutifully and pray for Igboland - real and virtual!

I enjoin other members of the Electoral Team to adopt this method (MARKER) for uniformity and reconciliation purpose.

Thank you all for listening (reading)
PointB
Election Commissioner
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by HighChief4(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
PointB: 9ja_I_hail
Welcome back. And thank for withdrawing your comment about one of the contestant.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT
My attention has been drawn to some calls for the disqualification of Ogugua on the same basis as Okija_juju's. Please note that the Nomination Rules were for Eze Ndi Igbo and was partly adopted for the test run of Eze Nwayi. Even at that, Ogugua comment did not denigrate 'other Igbo group/sub group, state, or institution' She hasn't be found going thread to thread slating Igbos from other states or making distasteful jests about them. And at the time of her nomination and up till now, her comments did not portray her as someone whose candidacy will cause general uproar, and disunity among us. In other words she met with the basic requirement. As earlier noted the Eze Nwayi position is been given a test run. More robust rules will be set next time.

I find no ground for her disqualification. Her candidacy stands!

PointB

Electoral Commissioner

Excellent. You have been doing so well Nwanne, your transparency and openness must be commended. We are fully behind you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ujchief(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Amidst all the turbulence, this election remains a huge success so far. Come few hours from now, the commisioner will anounce the results/winners and we'd proceed for a coronation.
Thanks to u'all that participated, also to the owambes and card-carying demonstrators.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
Imanuelle: Something for us all to remember,

The love that we share is more important than the power that any one of us wields!

PointB started all this! He shouldav authenticated okija's ticket!

This woulda'v been peaceful.

I hope he accepts responsibility for all this, fairly, the most stupiid election i've ever participated in.

All these wouldav been averted, but he was acting stiff-necked!

Only, and i repeat, Only Afam, so ya bu ezigbo mmadu, amongst d tribunal.

I'm not bothered sha, okija bu eze'm till whatever constitution is revisited!

Sir if indeed the election is going to bring disunity. It will be of Okija_juju, and you on one side against your brethren. A few renegades are always a constant feature in life. However you should blame it on Okija_juju flip_flopping - accepting the verdict on one hand, and later bringing uninvited non Igbos to make a scene with the intent of creating confusion and disunity - the same thing he was accused of, his trademark! My kind advise to him and you - is that you should prepare for another election, by reflecting on his conduct before the election, and during the election with the aims of making necessary adjustment.

Look at this thread. Your brethren are casting their votes dutifully, and prayerfully, but you and Okija_juju are shouting division, and making a scene. So in your own mind PointB is capable of enstranging you from your people? Because of one man, you will fight a whole ethnic group, with a band of renegades and strangers, I suppose? Well go ahead, you and Okija_juju. But don't come back next year and say, the rules were specifically made to target you, because we will strive to ensure only those promoting united Igbos lead us.

I have made concessions, and have urged every of our brethren to be involved in the development of a robust electoral policy, including code of conduct for Eze and would be Ezes, and I hope they rise up to the occasion. This is where I expect you and Okija_juju to actively canvass and pursue, knowing fully well that his disqualification cannot be upturned.

The aim of the Eze Ndi Nairaland is to help us rouse Igbo to form closer bond, and speak in unison and cohesion. We may not have done it perfectly, but seeing several Igbos on this thread all trying to help forge a common front, I think we are making headway.

Your doomsday prophesy is doomed. I call on you to join your brothers in building, as Okija_juju (a politician) will definitely do, after all his parambulation and divisive behaviour.

Udo diri nu, Imanuelle and Okija_juju!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
High_Chief:

Excellent. You have been doing so well Nwanne, your transparency and openness must be commended. We are fully behind you.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by manny4life(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
@PointB and other Tribunal Officers,

WELL DONE TO ALL OF YOU. It takes patience and endurance to serve the cause of the people... THANK TO YOU ALL.

On another note, I've noticed that opponents are constantly bickering about Okija's candidacy, their actions is turning the entire process to a charade. Please, can you caution them? YES they have freedom of expression, but the whole thing is becoming distasteful. The first thread was about 55+ pages long, result "FUTILE", this one is going down that path, and the result "FUTILE". They say "United we stand, and divided we Fall"; my point is that opponents are slowly BUT surely, creating division amongst us.

@Okija supporters, I'm openly appealing to yall to PLEASE, calm down with the argument and cussing, it yields no result. It did not yield result in the past thread, it's not about to on this one. Okija is going through his own disciplinary process, even Judge Mathis agrees and calls it "TOUGH LOVE", therefore, if you think the process is unfair, there are several ways to make your voice heard. With dialogue, clear/concise communication, a lot can be achieved, but shouting and yelling, does nothing. Therefore, make your request and appeal known to the right folks, and let them address it.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ujchief(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
9ja_I_hail: 9JA_I_HAIL reporting to work.

Greetings my colleagues PointB, Afam, Ujchief.
u're welcome, finally i can retire and enjoy this holliday.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
PointB:

Sir if indeed the election is going to bring disunity. It will be of Okija_juju, and you on one side against your brethren. A few renegades are always a constant feature in life. However you should blame it on Okija_juju flip_flopping - accepting the verdict on one hand, and later bringing uninvited non Igbos to make a scene with the intent of creating confusion and disunity - the same thing he was accused of, his trademark! My kind advise to him and you - is that you should prepare for another election, by reflecting on his conduct before the election, and during the election with the aims of making necessary adjustment.

Look at this thread. Your brethren are casting their votes dutifully, and prayerfully, but you and Okija_juju are shouting division, and making a scene. So in your own mind PointB is capable of enstranging you from your people? Because of one man, you will fight a whole ethnic group, with a band of renegades and strangers, I suppose? Well go ahead, you and Okija_juju. But don't come back next year and say, the rules were specifically made to target you, because we will strive to ensure only those promoting united Igbos lead us.

I have made concessions, and have urged every of our brethren to be involved in the development of a robust electoral policy, including code of conduct for Eze and would be Ezes, and I hope they rise up to the occasion. This is where I expect you and Okija_juju to actively canvass and pursue, knowing fully well that his disqualification cannot be upturned.

The aim of the Eze Ndi Nairaland is to help us rouse Igbo to form closer bond, and speak in unison and cohesion. We may not have done it perfectly, but seeing several Igbos on this thread all trying to help forge a common front, I think we are making headway.

Your doomsday prophesy is doomed. I call on you to join your brothers in building, as Okija_juju (a politician) will definitely do, after all his parambulation and divisive behaviour.

Udo diri nu, Imanuelle and Okija_juju!

I have heard u,
However, i'll stand aside, until when i feel comfortable to come in.
I know my voice has been heard, and just like last year, and dis year, i hope it just doesn't happen again.
Peace!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
manny4life: @PointB and other Tribunal Officers,

WELL DONE TO ALL OF YOU. It takes patience and endurance to serve the cause of the people... THANK TO YOU ALL.

On another note, I've noticed that opponents are constantly bickering about Okija's candidacy, their actions is turning the entire process to a charade. Please, can you caution them? YES they have freedom of expression, but the whole thing is becoming distasteful. The first thread was about 55+ pages long, result "FUTILE", this one is going down that path, and the result "FUTILE". They say "United we stand, and divided we Fall"; my point is that opponents are slowly BUT surely, creating division amongst us.

@Okija supporters, I'm openly appealing to yall to PLEASE, calm down with the argument and cussing, it yields no result. It did not yield result in the past thread, it's not about to on this one. Okija is going through his own disciplinary process, even Judge Mathis agrees and calls it "TOUGH LOVE", therefore, if you think the process is unfair, there are several ways to make your voice heard. With dialogue, clear/concise communication, a lot can be achieved, but shouting and yelling, does nothing. Therefore, make your request and appeal known to the right folks, and let them address it.

Thank you.

I have heard you, even tho I'm not totally happy.
A lot went wrong! A lot!

Udo diri unu.
I shall have to absent myself, till whenever there will be an electoral reform.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
ujchief:
u're welcome, finally i can retire and enjoy this holliday.

Udo nwanne m, you can take rest i am on the ground now. Onlytruth had been missing on this thread since yesterday,i just hope and pray that our Eze is fine and safe. God be with you Eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Mgbadike80: 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
Once, the results are collated and pronounced, pls give guidelines for d coronation. Bear in mind should onlytruth win, there might not be any need for a coronation but an ofala festival.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
@poinb what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. you cant set double rules, how can you say somebody propagating one nigeria with someone putting up her comment showing total disregard for ndiigbo and the ndigbo cause is not causing disunity. This whole stuff is beginning to look like a charade, you may really be witch hunting okija juju for you to go against your own rule for another person. You are trying to follow the footstep of Maurice iwu :Do
As far as am concerned we stand by that your rule and policewoman is running unopposed.
if you cant handle it step aside for @ujchief. You are not indespensable or else I will disregard this election (with other sensible igbo sons and daughters.

Ekele m oh.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
@poinb what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. you cant set double rules, how can you say somebody propagating one nigeria with someone putting up her comment showing total disregard for ndiigbo and the ndigbo cause is not causing disunity. This whole stuff is beginning to look like a charade, you may really be witch hunting okija juju for you to go against your own rule for another person. You are trying to follow the footstep of Maurice iwu :Do
As far as am concerned we stand by that your rule and policewoman is running unopposed.
if you cant handle it step aside for @ujchief. You are not indespensable or else I will disregard this election (with other sensible igbo sons and daughters.

Ekele m oh.

So why didn't you raise your opposition to her candidacy when she was being nominated? Why wait now (as we approach the end of the poll) to issue threats, and cheap blackmail?

Any petition you have against her should be directed at the Tribunal after the poll. Until then, and as earlier stated Ogugua stays on the poll , and she is running against policewoman.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
PointB:

So why didn't you raise your opposition to her candidacy when she was being nominated? Why wait now (as we approach the end of the poll) to issue threats, and cheap blackmail?

Any petition you have against her should be directed at the Tribunal after the poll. Until then, and as earlier stated Ogugua stays on the poll , and she is running against policewoman.
You didnt ask us to. You single handedly disqualified okija, and I never knew about her antecedents, I just saw people raise it on this thread and you are forcefully trying to force your bipolar stance on the matter down every bodys throat. A member of the tribunal even raised the issue so I dont have to direct anything to them. They can only pretend to be unaware an objection is being raised on a candidate. You can't change the goal post in the middle of the match. You must do the needful. Its no blackmail.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Charlesnerd: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
Big thanks to the electoral team for a good job so far.

Like I have always said,its not a perfect system yet,but there's room for improvement.

May your efforts never go unrewarded.

Dalunu......

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Like I have always said,its not a perfect system yet,but there's room for improvement.

Dalunu......

Thank you for your compliment.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

You didnt ask us to. You single handedly disqualified okija, and I never knew about her antecedents, I just saw people raise it on this thread and you are forcefully trying to force your bipolar stance on the matter down every bodys throat. A member of the tribunal even raised the issue so I dont have to direct anything to them. They can only pretend to be unaware an objection is being raised on a candidate. You can't change the goal post in the middle of the match. You must do the needful. Its no blackmail.

Members of the tribunal have no mandate to raise formal issues/protest against candidates. The one who did withdrew it. I have interpreted the rules to the best of my understanding. If you think you have a case, present it to them formally. There are three of them. And I know they can independently reach a conclusion on any issue, and have power to upturn my interpretation of the rules. I simply CANNOT disqualify a candidate in the middle of an election based on your say so. Please give it rest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Dalunu......

My brother thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Mgbadike80: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
@mr globe, if u had followed this from d nomination stage, u would have discovered then was d appropriate time to object to candidate nomination. Okija nomination was opposed by 5 ppl before he was disqualified while even more opposed him after disqualification but not even one person opposed ogugua so it's not pointb fault. I was d first person that opposed her nomination on d voting thread, but it was not to have her disqualified but to guide voters. The only way she could be disqualified now is through the tribunal after election. So pls maintain d peace biko nwanne m
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
well I wouldn't want to stretch this any further. Members of the tribunal please act on my observations and my previous exchanges with @pointb.

well, only a policewoman win will nip this in the bud easily or else, matters would arise and credibility will come into question. I would think okija will be rooting for ogugua cheesy

Am out yo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by chino24: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
I don't know why my name did not reflect on the list. I have been nominated. Please MODs bring me up to speed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
chino24: I don't know why my name did not reflect on the list. I have been nominated. Please MODs bring me up to speed.
grin grin
Am rolling on the floor here with laughter. grin grin grin
chino, in simple terms you won. You are the new eze ndigbo NL cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifyalways(f): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Welldone the electoral commission and PointB. O diro easy.

One more day to go.or less. Umu Igbo, vote-ue nu.

What unites us is bigger than that which divides us.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
ifyalways: Welldone the electoral commission and PointB. O diro easy.

One more day to go.or less. Umu Igbo, vote-ue nu.

What unites us is bigger than that which divides us.

Thank you Ify,

Number of votes coming in have reduced drastically. Unless there is strong reason to extend the poll, the Election will come to end by Noon Friday 26th October 2012 to enable collation of result. All time in GMT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

March 11 Elections: Govs Panic, Seek Remedies To Avert Disaster / Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / Nigerian Prison Service Truck With Prisoners Inside Being Pushed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.