Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (19504 Views)

Dr Nwaezeigwe Was Paid By Buhari To Write The False Review / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by bayulll01(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I guess Yoruba people finally have another fantasy from an indian hemp smoker to be happy about. This clown said he was discussing with fasheun about igbo presidency. what an iddiot. @Andre since you said you know this fool, tell him to shut up, both him and his opinions are irrelevant. maybe he is feeding on the bossoms of Tinubu or falseun and trying to keep his job. Looks like he is trying so hard to impress falseun. This bastaard fake doctor needs to be stoned to death for the sake of 3 million pregnant women and kids starved by awolowo. His name has been noted for the dustbins of igbo race. lying against truth to score cheap point. fool.
maad man keep ranting when nigeria divide we wil send u to ur pit state

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Pesin never read book, im don sabi pass pesin wey write am! Na only jist dem jist am,im don dey misyarn! I wonder when the book finally reaches nigeria what will happen next? ARA GA AGBA NDI Yoruba!!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by ektbear: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2012
When a historian speaks, even Achebe should listen. Not to talk of small pikin like berem

9 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by topazjosh(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2012
You ibo's know d truth yet you still hide from it,your foes are right in with you,without the concept of internal foe no external foe can capture you,that's chinua achebe view so you people can view it in other way round.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2012
berem: Pesin never read book, im don sabi pass pesin wey write am! Na only jist dem jist am,im don dey misyarn! I wonder when the book finally reaches nigeria what will happen next? ARA GA AGBA NDI Yoruba!!
Have you read the book? Or you're just against anything that seems to favor yoruba?

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2012
Quote "In other words, if any blame were to be apportioned for the defeat of Biafra and the suffering of the Igbo masses, it cannot be targeted at external forces such as Awolowo, but at the internal elite who masterminded the failed civil war policies of the leader, like Achebe himself. One would want Professor Achebe to explain to

Nigerians in general and the Igbo in particular, what happened to the millions in foreign currency raised abroad in support of Biafra but which never got to the shores of Biafra? How much of such money were actually raised and who were those Igbo leaders of Biafra entrusted with the duty of bringing the fund to Biafra?

What also happened to the millions given to such people as Dr. K.O. Mbadiwe and Mojekwu, a relative of Odumegwu-Ojukwu for the purpose of purchasing arms and ammunition to prosecute the war? Did they not cart away with the money and never returned to Biafra until after the defeat? Where again could one place those who sold relief materials meant for the poor and suffering citizens of Biafra, when it was meant to be distributed free? Were all these atrocities against the Igbo equally masterminded by Chief Obafemi Awolowo?""

Bros thanks so much God bless you that you release this information before I do. I'm a full born Igbo guy and i'm proud to say it but I will never support Biafra or HATE YORUBA OR HAUSA for what I knew all was Ojukwu and all these Igbo clown whose name are mentioned above faults.

For the fact that it was this same war that nearly ran my family into extinction that made my grandrapent to lost five able young men because Ojukwu lieutanat came and took them away to fight the war and never return till today and this lead to the death of my grandfather when he could not bear the pain and the lost whereas no single soul in Ojukwu family died for this same war rather they became more richer I swear with all my life I will never buy Biafra idea and will never support it or talk on side for it as a matter of fact to hell with Biafra and to HELL with OJUKWU I dont bloody care what anyone say gor what a hell name any one calls me I dont give a Bleep the Ojukwu Jazz will not work on me because I can see the light and know the truth. I dont support lies and hates for no reason. Yoruba, Hausa, Benin, Ijaw did nothing wron to me and I will never ever HATE them because of one selfish egoist man far from it.

12 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by MrGlobe(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2012
bayulll01:
maad man keep ranting when nigeria divide we wil send u to ur pit state
who told you am in a Yoruba cave they call state? ve evolved my man.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by omiobo: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2012
Gbekele gbekele arugbo je gbese ta ni o san? Lo ba tan o! Why would one tribe blame another tribe for their tragic experience?
The man na good carpenter,he nailed it without a miss grin

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 25, 2012
ekt_bear: When a historian speaks, even Achebe should listen. Not to talk of small pikin like berem
gbe enu e san! Shey na me you dey call small pikin? Abi o mu ti yo? Ma je ki n la igi mu e lori o!
Who give a fucck about what anyone says about the memoir? Make una dey decieve una self they form one nigeria! Nigeria is a deep shithole. The earlier you guys realise that Nigeria is fuccked,the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by braine(m): 10:02am On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I guess Yoruba people finally have another fantasy from an indian hemp smoker to be happy about. This clown said he was discussing with fasheun about igbo presidency. what an iddiot. @Andre since you said you know this fool, tell him to shut up, both him and his opinions are irrelevant. maybe he is feeding on the bossoms of Tinubu or falseun and trying to keep his job. Looks like he is trying so hard to impress falseun. This bastaard fake doctor needs to be stoned to death for the sake of 3 million pregnant women and kids starved by awolowo. His name has been noted for the dustbins of igbo race. lying against truth to score cheap point. fool.

why are you so bitter? Is this the way Igbo people are?
The man who is an historian and also an Igbo man tries explaining and raising points, you still can't reason.
You people should just cut yourselves out of Nigeria and dispense your acrimony on yourselves.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2012
Josh090:
Have you read the book? Or you're just against anything that seems to favor yoruba?
you sef don read the book? I can see its those who haven't read the book are the ones talking too much.I have never been a tribal bigot but it seems NL is forcing me to be one with the kind of offensive utterances I read here.shey you go blame me?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Topsy4242(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2012
Do i need 2 blame u? Not at all! Is only a mad man dat wil c a normal person nd cal him mad
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Topsy4242(m): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2012
At all
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Classicalman(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2012
If person talk true now, dem go ban am. Abeg i just dey pass.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by MrGlobe(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2012
@klax your family may have been better off in extinction. stupiiiiid is not enough word to decribe yoi. We see you hate igbos and love your people yorobbers but want yo come off as being igbo. you coeard. Yes, if ojukwu had not done what he did maybe awolowo would have suceeded in his tasks of eliminating all igbos. If you are really igbo, I would have wished your life exchanged for one of those millions starved to death. fuk out of here. you are igbo my foot!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by nxwin: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2012
Well said, there is no basis for hatred. We cannot create the future we all desire by holding on to the past and ethnicity. Dr thanks for the light on this subject.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by staaari: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2012
[bold] But it will be unfair to review a book without reading it.[/bold]

Prof needs to find another way to make money... nobody is going to buy that book.

He should have stick to his mastery of literature and not go into politics.. especially politics of Nigeria!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by vislabraye(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2012
berem: Pesin never read book, im don sabi pass pesin wey write am! Na only jist dem jist am,im don dey misyarn! I wonder when the book finally reaches nigeria what will happen next? ARA GA AGBA NDI Yoruba!!

Thank God that there are still some objective Ibos.
Berem, I don't think you're a more patriotic Ibo than he is (permit me to use that word).
If you read his right up, you would understand that he wasn't commenting about the book as he said. You are not as knowledgable as he is so why not listen? He knows what he's talking about.
If you don't agree with him, try and fault him with a better argument and not insult.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2012
Andre Uweh:
He is Igbo to the core and I know him personally. I have even given him a call over this issue. My only worry is that he has behaved like some chaps here who have not read the memoirs yet are on rampage.
He is a nice guy though.

He has totally burnt his bridges. Some issues aren't meant for public consumption.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Igbos why not listen to the voice of reasoning rather than insult. I tire for you people o !
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2012
@Mr Globe your family may have been better off in extinction. stupiiiiid is not enough word to decribe yoi. We see you hate igbos and love your people yorobbers but want yo come off as being igbo. you coeard. Yes, if ojukwu had not done what he did maybe awolowo would have suceeded in his tasks of eliminating all igbos. If you are really igbo, I would have wished your life exchanged for one of those millions starved to death. fuk out of here. you are igbo my foot!

Mr Globe do you see how silly you are and insensitive you are I have no word for you, you are simply they typical ones. And if I may ask you now where do you work you will say oh i'm an Engineer, oh i'm a Banker oh, i'm a Doctor and still you reason through you anus its a surprise. I've said my own opinion I do not abuse you or abuse anybody I only talked my own belief and what I stand for but look at how foolish you are by saying all what you said above. I will say it in a million time YORUBA, HAUSA, BENIN, IJAW HAS DONE ME NO EVIL AND I WILL NEVER EVER HATE THEM FOR NO REASON.

Well thank God Dr Nwaezeigwe has just said it all. You may go on with your hate for Yoruba that is ok by you its a free world but I'm a progressive Nigeria and I had moved on. I have so many Yoruba friends, Hausa friends, Benin friends and so on all I see is Nigeria with love for all my friends and NOT Tribes or Hates. No matter how abusive you talk to me or my family that is ok someone who does not have family abuse other family without a cause that is a word for you. And i'm a proud son a retired Brig. General so you are more orless a laughing stock of your own shadow bleeep!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Sealeddeal(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2012
This man just talked of Igbo presidency making me to think he want to contest for president and maybe,seeking for Yoruba support and in such case,u do not expect him to provide adequate reason. Achebe chided Awolowo on genocide in which over 2million children and women died of hunger.Awolowo himself agreed that he did it but claimed it was actually aimed at soldiers.Awolowo said that 'He' used starvation to hurt children and hurt soldiers more, so that the war will end earlier.Is this Professor saying that what Awolowo claimed he did was done by the Igbo? The money given to Chief Mojekwu to buy arms was done in early days of the war and Igbo people didnt say they were defeated Just because of lack of arms as the Biafra lacked arms from the very first day of the war and yet,sustained the war for 30months,i dnt see the contribution of that to the genocide that Achebe mentioned.is this not sentiment?this man is a foolish Professor and his contribution if nonsensical.there were saboteur of during the war which the biafra govt noted and the saboteurs included Col Banjo and Major Ifeajuna.how then did this foolish Professor said that Col banjo was loyal to Biafra govt when he changed the assignment given to him for personal gain to the extent of sending Major Ifeajuna to assisinate Ojukwu? I do not see any reason from this write-up. These is one of the cheapest way to seek for Yorubas and Igbos unity.one thing is,igbo people and yorubas lives peacefully but their mind is different from their lifestyle. Ofcourse,Igbos know that their arch-enemy is hausa-fulani. The only reason why igbos or yorubas are lambasting each other is because they really need to unite and that unity will come by both putting history straight,accepting the wrongs done to each other and apologising for it and not by short cut.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by nenepea(f): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: I earlier today asked Dr Nwaezeigwe whether he has read the book and his answer was no.
So Nairalanders, you can now decide.
Many NL are just like this Dr. Please get hold of Prof's book and read. Stop showing your ignorance on this social media site
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by gurujoe(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2012
Dr. Nwaezeofemanu bia! Were naira iri tinye na ego iji zuta akwukwo nke Nwa Afor anyi Achebe dere. Ka imara ihe okwu gbasara ndi ara mgbati mgbati ya. Mana biko kusi ime umu Igbo ihere. Daalu!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by sindyko(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2012

The mean of that vernacular pls! Especially d Yoruba.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2012
nenepea: Many NL are just like this Dr. Please get hold of Prof's book and read. Stop showing your ignorance on this social media site

It is clear you are the ignorant one here. What is there to read in the book ? A quote out of the entire book is the cause of the controversy so why do I have to read the whole book when WE ARE INTERESTED IN A QUOTE FOR BLOODY CRYING OUT LOUD

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO STU.PID BIKO ? INCLUDING BEREM AND CO

WHY do people have to read a whole book when the cause of the whole shenanigan is A QUOTE ?

Are people smart at all on this nairaland ?

When you are asked to explain how to make a light bulb would you read the whole engineering book ? Chai I hate to say this but you people really need to check your IQ. Seriously it is below average

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:43am On Oct 25, 2012
sindyko:

The mean of that vernacular pls! Especially d Yoruba.

It mean "Oily soup" used as a racist derogatory term to refer to Yoruba people
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by nogames: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Well said Dr. At least a voice of reasoning from an Igbo man. My fellow omo odua pls from now on, we should take individual poster on an issue, abusing entire igbo or calling them names will be unfair to some people like this honorable Dr. Let us show them we are "omoluabi" we have culture.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Pataki: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2012

I thought you were more intelligent than this gobbledygook you typed out. Apparently I am wrong.

Have you read the book? Please inform us. And what was wrong with what your fellow Igbo brother has stated given his credibility as an historian as compared to the myopic opinion of a literary icon?

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2012
nogames: Well said Dr. At least a voice of reasoning from an Igbo man. My fellow omo odua pls from now on, we should take individual poster on an issue, abusing entire igbo or calling them names will be unfair to some people like this honorable Dr. Let us show them we are "omoluabi" we have culture.

I understand but when majority are stu.pid what do one do in this case ?

Imagine someone telling you to buy and read a book when we are discussing about a quote of controversy ? It simply does not make ANY SENSE OR WHAT SO EVER.

One of the reasons Nigeria is backward, we think we know but really Nigerians are NOT SMART AT ALL.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by ajutant(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2012
I knw dr. Nwaezigwe, he taught me some courses bck den in UNN. Am nt surprise cos I knw him, Nwaezigwe is almost a clown, full of pride dou intelligent. He says things he thinks is ryt dats him. He is still bitter wit d agonies of d war, hw he lost family members n all dat . Even in class he alwz criticize ojukwu n co.. He sounds bereaved on d experiences of d war. He said achebe did nt fight d war! Dats to say he shldnt hv written anytin about d war. I believe Dr. Nwaezigwe shld hv been open on his own account oda dan sectioning out awolowo defence and oda anomalies frm sum igbos durin d way. D man is bitter about d war. He is yet to recover frm his lost, dis is nt about defending awolowo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Umahi: It Is A Shame That Igbo Leaders, Delegates Sold Our Votes / Buhari Congratulates Tinubu At 71 / Rivers: Legislators Remove Governor Fubara's Authority To Appoint LG Caretakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.