Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University (32603 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Nigerian Student Breaks A 50yr Record In Japan,Graduates With Ist Class(photos) / Unilag’s Best Student Scores 4.96 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by samkoro: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
CyberG:

You MUST be a FOO.L to think emeagwali invented any kind of computer, not even a calculator! You think everyone is ignorant like you inferior ibo loser? I won't tell you that he has been serially exposed as a FRAUD since you can never accept truth if it shames your useless ibo tribe. Does this loser even know the genesis of the computer? [size=16pt]This is why MOST iboz are CURSED for LIFE![/size]

If you read the story of Afonja you will know that he cried and raised his hands up to the gods ,looked north and then south and coursed the children of Oduduwa;the You-robbers for betraying him
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by igboboy1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
SlyIg:
If you arent aware or maybe you are only pretending not to notice that most daily crimes like drug,kidnapping and ritual are reported from one part of the country,thats number one! Then two,bombing is reported on daily bases from another part of the country! But here,once in a blue moon,we use to receive great news like this very one from another part of our country. Aint you aware of the different parts of the country that im talking abt? But nevertheless,all the glory goes to the Yorubas and Nigeria at large. Try to put your own part of your country in shape so that the next glory can locate you. Still,remember im not a Yoruba, igbo nor Hausa. Im only a lover of good thing. Thank you...

ok we know you are not Yoruba nor igbo...so state your ethnic group before we enter analysis mode...
like the United states (and formerly Nigeria) i do not transact with faceless terrorists. If u know say u hold your side then reveal your ethnic group make we com enter the matter proper.....till then biko mechie onu gi di ka onu kube

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by igboboy1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
Osiris.211:
I rep south west! Fucck you hater cool

typical confused olodowa....only una carry una fight for one nigeria now u dey carry southwest....confused lot....
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Lexoria: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if people on this forum are teenagers or matured adults.Infact when I read comments I assume its teenagers only to read another thread and see same names talking of their wife/husband or kids,boyfriends/girlfriends or jobs.I dint know there was any animosity bw Igbos and yroubas until I started frequenting nairaland.I can imagine peeps who dint grow up in niaja coming to this forum to know about naija and all they see is tribal insults and all.They will innocently join d badwagon thinkin there's a tribal war in naija cos what they'll read here will affect their psycological view of people from opposing tribes.This brings me to the question "are y'all gon train ur kids to be tribal bigots?" "in this age,will u say ur kid can't marry from the tribe u've been bashing on NL? Or maybe disown them if they insist thats where they find love?" or secretly hate ur son/daughter in-law?".

I just tire for una o.This is why racism is still rife cos supposedly matured people won't act matured.Everyone is a human being no matter where they are from,their skin color etc.The earlier we learn to love and take everyone for who God created them to be,the better for d world.Thank God I haven't been influenced and I won't be influenced by Gods grace.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by deenee: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sorry to bust your bubble but the school in question is not exactly a top notch school! This is my own opinion. This said, I still say kudos for the achievement however more respect if he can repeat the same feat at a place like MIT et al
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by newmaonza: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
deenee: Sorry to bust your bubble but the school in question is not exactly a top notch school! This is my own opinion. This said, I still say kudos for the achievement however more respect if he can repeat the same feat at a place like MIT et al
Letz not hate or start critisizing.... This Guy needs to be Congratulated 4.0 out of 4.0.....Common itz not beans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Chiemekaorizu(m): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well congrats to that guy. U r indeed a super genius.to my future children just get ready because dad will instil discipline into you people so that you can become a great genius n do beta(best) than tunji. My humble prayers to the creator of the whole universe has always been for an advanced knowledge,wisdom n understanding. God will surely make me a better man dat the world will celebrate. Kudos!! again bro.thank you for making nigeria,your state and family proud.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by peterowode: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
good work chap, congrats
the sky is your limit
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Decryptor(m): 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
igbo boy:

typical confused olodowa....only una carry una fight for one nigeria now u dey carry southwest....confused lot....
Olodowa instead of Oduduwa...now that's a new one! Thumbs up @Igbo boy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by dragz: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
pazienza: Yoruba guy broke a record at a crappy unknown turkey abi na chicken university,an igbo guy broke a record at john hopkins.Surely, we are not on the same level with Yoruba people.
. A yoruba is d best neurosurgeon in north america.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
qualified: I didn't waste precious time to read ur 'tribalistic' story. What is 'yoruba' doing in d title?

smh
The guy don amend the topic
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Smooyis(m): 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Big congrats my brother.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by gabbidonbah(m): 11:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
CyberG:

And you are brainlessly STUPI.D!!
nigerians are really funny,what is the position of that university in the world ranking of universities.it's a mediocre university,more or less the one eyed man amongst the blind is a king. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew.Next please. It's that a yardstick and parameter used to measure the intelligence of people,abeg o!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Decapo: 12:17am On Oct 27, 2012
solomon111: you must be very stupid.
then you must be sillier

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 27, 2012
Ibhoes will always be jealous of the Yorubas.

We will continue to give them reasons to be jealous tongue
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 27, 2012
SlyIg:
If you arent aware or maybe you are only pretending not to notice that most daily crimes like drug,kidnapping and ritual are reported from one part of the country,thats number one! Then two,bombing is reported on daily bases from another part of the country! But here,once in a blue moon,we use to receive great news like this very one from another part of our country. Aint you aware of the different parts of the country that im talking abt? But nevertheless,all the glory goes to the Yorubas and Nigeria at large. Try to put your own part of your country in shape so that the next glory can locate you. Still,remember im not a Yoruba, igbo nor Hausa. Im only a lover of good thing. Thank you...
SHARRAP... YOU ARE A CONFAM YORUBA EEDIOT! ONYE OFE MMANU...
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: SHARRAP... YOU ARE A CONFAM YORUBA EEDIOT! ONYE OFE MMANU...

Shut the hell up and go and chop AKPU (STONE)....bloody Igbo cannibal!!!!
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2012
And for y'all talking rubbish here, that Yoruba guy should go and make name in Havard... His excellence in dat school is just like when you take a third class student of UNN to LASU... Wouldnt he or she bag first class there? Of course, he or she will, because LASU is a mediocre school! Again lets not forget THE PART OF NIGERIA these LEARNED AND ERUDITE NIGERIANS came from; PHILIP EMEAGWALI, CHARLES SOLUDO, CHINUA ACHEBE, OKONJO IWEALA, DORA AKUNYILI, BLESSED MICHEAL IWENE TANSI, CARDINAL FRANCIS ARINZE... And to imagine that they all came from one state which I PROULDLY REP: ANAMBRA!
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 27, 2012
engineerd:

Shut the hell up and go and chop AKPU (STONE)....bloody Igbo cannibal!!!!
Rather than opening the anatomical mistake you call a mouth(if you have any at all) to spew jargon, I advise you to put those your fingers to good use: MASTURBATTE!
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by 2sexy(m): 1:17am On Oct 27, 2012
CyberG:

You MUST be a FOO.L to think emeagwali invented any kind of computer, not even a calculator! You think everyone is ignorant like you inferior ibo loser? I won't tell you that he has been serially exposed as a FRAUD since you can never accept truth if it shames your useless ibo tribe. Does this loser even know the genesis of the computer? [size=16pt]This is why MOST iboz are CURSED for LIFE![/size]
Hmmm...Interesting... still digging it. I stnd for the truth.

I think we alll need to see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

Cyber G, thanks for bringing this to my knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Horus(m): 1:28am On Oct 27, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by iconaus: 2:03am On Oct 27, 2012
This is great and thats nigerians' trade mark irrespective of where he comes from . Anyway it is boost to yoruba people falling credentials in NL.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by iconaus: 2:09am On Oct 27, 2012
exxell: And for y'all talking rubbish here, that Yoruba guy should go and make name in Havard... His excellence in dat school is just like when you take a third class student of UNN to LASU... Wouldnt he or she bag first class there? Of course, he or she will, because LASU is a mediocre school! Again lets not forget THE PART OF NIGERIA these LEARNED AND ERUDITE NIGERIANS came from; PHILIP EMEAGWALI, CHARLES SOLUDO, CHINUA ACHEBE, OKONJO IWEALA, DORA AKUNYILI, BLESSED MICHEAL IWENE TANSI, CARDINAL FRANCIS ARINZE... And to imagine that they all came from one state which I PROULDLY REP: ANAMBRA!

u forgot to mention ojukwu, Zik of Africa, Alex ekwueme , Okadigbo , and others
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 27, 2012
icon aus:

u forgot to mention ojukwu, Zik of Africa, Alex ekwueme , Okadigbo , and others
GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by bigpastor(m): 5:55am On Oct 27, 2012
in as much it's a laudable feat.
It's not possible in any of Nigerian public universities.
Amidst d disabling environment & bad Belle lecturers. Even Olu himself no fit
But him father wised up send am out sharp sharp
'Andrew no check out oo'
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Samyokporua(m): 5:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Make the guy come uniben come get 5.0 for engineering na

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by deenee: 7:11am On Oct 27, 2012
We need to learn how to accept criticism. I am amazed that the thread has taken a tribal dimension. This surely confirms my worst fear- Nairaland has definitely gone to the "underdogs"

Anyway, I am of "yoruba" origin but I will still restate my claim- kudos for the achievement. However, the school is relatively unknown. There is no point allowing the recipient bask in the euphoria of his feat, it will only create a leeway for mediocrity- a social pandemic that is the bane of under achievement amongst the younger generation in our country.

Let him repeat same at MIT et.al and my respect will increase!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Kunleic: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Nigerians are just amazing people. Imagine all these comments! A piece of advice nicely put would have corrected the tribalistic impression given and we would have focussed on cogent points raised in the write-up.
We all need to learn to treat one another with honour.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Kunleic: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2012
big pastor: in as much it's a laudable feat.
It's not possible in any of Nigerian public universities.
Amidst d disabling environment & bad Belle lecturers. Even Olu himself no fit
But him father wised up send am out sharp sharp
'Andrew no check out oo'

I would be tempted to agree with you. However, my senior colleague finished with 4.98 in OAU! Chemical Engineering for that matter. And he wasn't a "get inside" kid unlike Olu. He was well versed in many fields. Point is, some people are just gifted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by fuke(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: A genius could be referred to as an exceptional child who is academically sound. But, how would you describe an individual who never misses a point in his examinations from first year in the university to the final year? If there is any adjective to qualify such a person, that word could best describe Tunji Olu-Taiwo, an Engineering student of Eastern Mediterranean University in the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus who obtained 4.0 CGPA out of 4.0 CGPA, the first ever in the department.

Encomiums have continued to be showered on Tunji Olu-Taiwo from various quarters, because his impressive performance has placed him in the spotlight.

Over the years, Nigeria's human resources have ranked among the best in the world partly due to the profound efforts of critical-minded parents that stimulate the astuteness that hides within every student, begging for whom to push the trigger.

Tunji Olu-Taiwo, who hails from Ifako-Ijaye Local Government Area of Lagos State, emerged the best graduating student from the Faculty of Engineering, obtaining a status of High Honours (first class).

Tunji is the first African to have bagged such a status in the Department of Engineering, obtaining a degree in Engineering on a Grade Point Average of 4.00 out of 4.00 (straight A's).

Amid great honour and eulogy sang by the students and academic, expressing marvel at the development, Vanguard met with Tunji in an online chat to speak more on his success.

Mark Elliot Zuckerberg as Role Model

"I am looking up to Mark Zuckerberg, he is a genius I love to emulate," Tunji said. Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (born May 14, 1984) is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known as one of the five co-founders of the social networking site, Facebook. Zuckerberg is the chairman and chief executive of Facebook. Inc.

Further Study

"I plan to further by specializing in the field of software engineering. “Software Engineering is a course I have cherished right from time. I know I owe the society more with this, that is the reason that I wish to go further in that regard for this dream to be fulfilled.”

Hopes and challenges in Nigeria

Tunji expressed hope in Nigeria when he said; "there is no place like home," adding; "I like the fact that no matter the difficult situations Nigerians find themselves in, they still try to be happy."

Advice for the Government

Poverty, I believe is the greatest distraction, frustrating process of seeking admission into universities and lack of steady electricity are some dire challenges the people, especially students, usually grapple with, in his honest opinion. Tunji advised the government thus:

“Admissions should be done on a per semester basis. I will advise that the Federal Government should try to provide constant electricity. This, to me, will automatically eradicate about 50 per cent of Nigeria's problems. Also, a simple advice for all students is that the road to success is not on a straight path. Patience is a very important virtue that should be put to good use.”

His Background

“My father, Dr. Mike Olufemi Taiwo is a dental surgeon and a retired army officer. He is from Lagos State. My mother, Mrs. Ajoke Lillian Olu-Taiwo is a business consultant. She hails from Kogi State.

My parents modelled my life the way it is today. They took time to instil discipline in me. I was born and raised in the great city of Kano. I grew up in a large Catholic family, with three brothers and four sisters. I started reading at a very young age. My parents made sure I did my assignments and that zeal still remains in me up to this moment.”

Tunji's father who spoke with Vanguard about Tunji's up- bringing said; "I brought up all my children in Kano. I noticed that many parents allow their children freedom to wander about after school which I detested so I made it mandatory for my children to remain home-bound. I was part of their lives. I made sure their home works were done and their books studied on daily basis. I was their mentor and at the same time, their friend.

“Nevertheless, because all work without play makes Jack a dull boy, so I provided indoor games for my children. When they were big enough to play table tennis, I played the game with them. It was fun.

“I also taught them chess and was always beating them, but when Tunji came from Cyprus, he started beating me hands down and I began to marvel. I was not too surprised about the result he made," said Dr Olu Taiwo.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/nigerian-student-breaks-world-record-scores-4-0-over-4-0-in-turkish-varsity/

I have always maintained your child is what you make of him or her.
The country starts from the home.
Parents should have time for their kids.

I give credit to the older Taiwo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2012
Paul John:

The part in bold is a good point.
I heard a private university(Bowen University, Iwo) in Nigeria has started it already, It's only for post graduate program though. Our universities need to emulate this, not just for post graduate programs alone but first degree as well. It helps in reducing time wasted in seeking admission by our high school graduates

NOUN does it.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by richjohn1(m): 8:16am On Oct 27, 2012
@excell
You take a 3rd class UNN student to LASU and he'd get first class I laff in french!!! Is it the same UNN I know or anoda one, a school where lecturers teach in ibo met 3 friendz from ur pathetic UNN during my NYSC days a LASU staff school pupil won't write or speak what dis "graduates" speak and write in english!
Appreciate good things this tunji guy is sound I studied elect/elect and I know how bad it can be for an engine student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which English Words Do You Find Difficult Spelling Or Pronouncing? / Madu Stephanie Gets Straight A's In Her WAEC Result (Photos) / UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.