Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

The True Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Gospel (518 Views)

What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? / Is This The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ? / The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Gospel by onlyhopeyouhave: 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
PLEASE READ FOR COMPLETE GOSPEL AND WATCH VIDEO… LINK TO VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6YyqC2pzwWs

This is the true Gospel have you had the right knowledge and know that you are saved or are you believing a different Gospel. Have you cried out to God with Everything you Have?.What attitude do you have when you Cry for Help? Psalm 141:8 But my eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not leave my soul destitute.Psalm 142:1 I cry out to the Lord with my voice; With my voice to the Lord I make my supplication {pleading}. A cry for help needs to be directed to God and no one else. What does it mean to believe ( To TRUST ) You can never earn the right for God to save you.Do not try to earn what only God can do. It’s not just about a decision for Christ or to be persuaded because of your self- interest for better income ,health,or whatever self- interest or to just get me out of hell to escape it or out of fear. Selfishness is sin you can not be saved going to God in selfishness. The Gospel is about being transformed from a selfish Humanistic self conscious person into a selfless God centered and other conscious person. To Be Converted (CONVERSION) is to be changed Matthew 18:3 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Means you have become something you weren’t before this is a supernatural inward change . @ Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Birth of a sinner from darkness to light ,not everything physically will change but spiritually will change. A change from total selfishness to a state of unselfish love. before you are converted your entire life is for self what will this do for me in my decisions,my self gratification, my glory, my satisfaction,my desires this is are life before being Changed. Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ greatest act of worship is to love God, conversion is the ability to do this. I’m living now for Gods Glory not my own selfishness. You can serve God but it won’t be a joy until you are converted. A lot of people aren’t saved in the church because it’s for their own benefit that they serve God. The Gospel is not a decision only event . Like praying a prayer that they tell you to repeat, or saying Jesus come into my heart. 1) sin is more than a intellectual problem decision will not solve it, a person is unable and lacks the desire to be converted. Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil. Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. a person hates and does not LOVE God. no one seeks God nor do they have the ability or desire to do so. John 5:3939 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. when you realize this then you can find mercy and grace in Jesus Christ. It’s not intellectual it’s a heart problem. 2) We are captive to Satan which is supernatural, Satan has deceived us 2Corinthians 4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. People just can’t understand the gospel because of Satan’s attack, it takes the power of God to understand. 1Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. That is because we are spiritually dead because of are sin. we can’t hear God even if we wanted to we need the Spirit of God, we must be Born- Again . John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Means we have nothing to do being born of the Spirit. It’s not being religious that saves you that power that saves you has to be greater than you and Satan, that is the power of God. baptism won’t even save you, Don’t hear the truth and reject it. There’s nothing I can tell you to do today except ——> CRY OUT TO A SAVIOR WHO SAID IF YOU CALL UPON ME I WILL ANSWER THEE .When peter was sinking when he was walking on the water , >He cried LORD SAVE ME< he needed a savior so do you. God meets us where we are everyone is different , Some are saved slowly some fast it’s Gods way he does it the way he wants. People who think getting saved by reciting a prayer in a couple of minutes is the most foolish and damning thing that you could hear to think God cleanses you in a second of all your idols and sin . Your still needing a savior your whole life , you still need someone to cleanse you, he has promised to cleanse you, have you been born-again?. Has there been a moment when that new life came and since that new life was birthed is their a new life being lived . it’s being lived out in the pursuit of God and Holiness and Sanctification . That’s the promise he does it to everyone he saves . You tell me your saved today fine: let me see it in your life , how clean are you , how zealous are you for good works , how ambitious are you to be Holy and be free of all your idols. How does he save you He changes the heart Ezekiel 36:25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Ezekiel 36:26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. God will take the stoney heart and put in a new heart like clay that he can shape to follow him and he will put his Spirit in you. Ezekiel 36:27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. there will be many days you will struggle . You will fight unbelief and he will help you even if he has to make you. your will should be to do his will not be a free agent and do your own will. you can not be saved and still walk in your old ways, God will change you. Acts 16:14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. It takes God opening your heart to follow , the new heart wants God. Faith and repentance are given as a free gift of God . What do i have to do to be saved here it is > Repent and Believe you cant repent because you don’t want God. He even has to grant repentance you can’t do it of your self . 2 Timothy 2:25in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth… Faith is given to you as well Ephesians 2:8-For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. Grace, faith, salvation it’s all a gift people who are Christians are repenters you will repent when you sin, your convicted of God . Most people think repentance is saying your sorry or feeling sorry its not either of those, Sorrow actually leads to repentance sorrow is not repentance 2 Corinthians 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. you need to have conviction of sin that comes from God. What is repentance then? It’s a changing of the mind, emotions and will concerning sin and Christ. 1) it’s a changing of your mind /you begin to understand your sin seriousness and of God and his righteousness and his justice and you don’t think the same way about the two . you know longer come up with excuses for your sin you deal with it before God you can’t justify it the mind has changed about the sin. 2) you feel differently about sin and about Christ , well you hated Christ and had nothing for him now something is pulling you on the inside you are feeling the beginnings of a affection for God and a hatred of your sin you now hate what you love and love what you hated. A man who still loves his sin is a man who still is yet to be converted. 3) you choose differently about your sin you no longer follow after sin you follow after Christ , you will differently you choose differently . The way you know someone is saved is when they sin after there profession of faith that’s when i find out or not there converted because a genuine Christian thinks differently about sin , feels differently about sin , chooses differently about sin and when the Christian sins he feels it as grief as misery he doesn’t like it. were not talking just conscious this is much deeper were talking about the { heart }. There is misery there is sorrow and he wants to be clean that’s what repentance is . Whats true faith, Most people think faith is agreeing with the bible about what it says about sin, Jesus Christ and salvation that’s not biblical . I think one of the most damning things we have done to sinners is to tell them to believe ,but we don’t tell them what it means to believe. Charles Spurgeon said the number 1 job of a preacher is to explain what faith means . The word belief is very common in our world yet people don’t know what it means biblically. They understand what it means in our culture as we use it one with another . But they don’t understand what the bible means by it. The components of faith are in Romans chapter 10 1) number one component is > knowledge Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed (heard)? The point is you first have to hear truth or a proposition statement before you can accept it or not , you got to know the facts before you judge it true or false. 2) second building block of faith is > acceptance, should you accept the knowledge that you have to be the truth your said to believe it in our culture. For many Christians this is what faith is I except what the bible say’s, I am a sinner Jesus died, there you go. But having accepted the truth about your sin and about Jesus Christ is still short of the faith that justifies . Faith is nothing more than hearing and learning about Jesus and accepting that reality and so today conversion, salvation, for us mainly is being able to say yes, yes, yes in the right places. if you can say yes, yes, yes to the right facts we say your saved you’ve got faith , no but you may not have it. do you believe George Washington was alive, sure you do you except that fact you except that piece of knowledge , but George Washington can’t get you out of hell into heaven can he. You don’t know him you haven’t met him , yet you believe in him with a since of pride as father of our country , what is the difference between a mental comprehension of George Washington and faith in Jesus Christ most people there is no difference. They have as much faith in Christ as they do in George Washington they both no and except the facts of there reality. Friends saving faith if you have saving faith you have to have one more component. 3) last component is >Trust you can have faith in somebody but that doesn’t mean your trusting them. The Apostle Paul tells us Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. notice verse 9 believe in your heart and in 10 with the heart one believes by stating it like this . The Lord moves faith just beyond the intellect beyond knowing and accepting and he moves it to the very heart. Why the heart?, because it’s with the heart that you make a commitment . You commit yourself to a person not intellectually only, you commit yourself with your heart. It’s a deeper commitment than just with the mind .We talk of the heart we are talking about the source which we live are lives dealing with the vital core of a person speaking of commitment , loyalty, love, passions. I think the word trust better say’s to the 21st century what Paul and the Apostles meant with the word faith in the first century. yet a better word than even trust is commitment. This is a illustration Victoria special needs daughter handicap, down syndrome other issues so she needs supervision and constant care . Just not anybody can do that right now shes with grandmother who lives with us she no’s what she needs helped and trained. Now there are people in this room honestly believe, I accept that you could probably take care of Victoria. I believe in you!. but am I trusting you with Victoria. The only way I can trust you with Victoria is to do what . Drop Victoria off at your home turn around and walk away. That”s what the word faith means in the Bible. You just don’t know Jesus to be the Savior and you just don’t except the fact that he is the Savior . You commit yourself to him not just your eternity, not just heaven or hell, not just your sins, you commit you and you walk away from you resting in him. That’s the faith required! and that’s the faith that saves! that faith alone. That’s the faith that God gives and that’s the faith he responds to, now i know you know Jesus exists and that Christ came into the world born of a virgin . Your very orthodox in your belief, you know that Jesus is the only way to eternal life, you have no doubts about that , you have no doubts about the Bible. If you stop there my dear friend all of your knowledge, all of your acceptance , all of the believing in these facts will not save you . They will prove to be a rope of smoke no matter how hard you try to grip them they will evaporate and leave you in hell. Are you trusting Jesus with you?, you must entrust yourself to God anything less is blasphemy to his commitment to us he gave his all, he died for us , he wants you to live by him, through him and for him. Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Paul didn’t even try to live by his own faith, said i need the faith of Christ i trust him that much . The author and finisher of my faith. The difference between a true conversion and a false conversion is this. The ultimate goals have been changed that’s it. Before conversion your living for yourself, even you use religion for yourself. How many of you sit on the pews for Sunday service , but you don’t Sunday night or the prayer gathering you don’t want to tax yourself , put yourself out to much. I’m not saying church attendance saves no, no, no your misunderstanding me. I am telling you this faith that saves works , it makes a difference in ones life. You no longer live for yourself you live for the Glory of Christ . That’s the ultimate goal his happiness it comes down to unselfish love verses selfishness. A false convert can appear very religious but his heart still selfish . The true convert will never ever consider obedience to Christ a burden or an infringement never it’s a Joy.
Re: The True Gospel by pastormustwak: 5:13am On Oct 27, 2012
Summarize!

(1) (Reply)

“swimming Against The Current Part Iii” – Winning Each Day Devotional / Tithes And Offerings / Please I Need All Your Advice & Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.