Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? (31846 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / 'osu' In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by iSlayer: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
AyoolaIgwe:

Don't dare to say it again den...lolzzzzzz... I'm from Abia state (Umuahia South). When we went calling at the village, my mum noticed my closeness with one babe & she called me aside & said dat the girl is an OSU I should be careful. When I asked her the meaning she made all these plenty explanation. Itz in all igbo speaking States.

He spoke to soon. I think concluding it's an NRI thing is absolute rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by iSlayer: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
[s]
odumchi:

In Igboland, the osu caste is prevalent wherever Nri culture/influence is most felt, meaning Anambra and parts of Imo. It's non-existent in (I dare to say) all of Abia, most (if not all) of Ebonyi, Rivers, and parts of Delta.
[/s]
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by Blessamaka(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2018
How do you identify an osu?
I heard there's this straight mark on their fore head that makes you identify them. How true is it?
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by Geesaintagape: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2018
So far osu culture is idolatry.
Here in Delta they(osu) are more prosperous.
But the discrimination only exist in the mind.
The culture is outdated, I hate discrimination
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by clefstone(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Geesaintagape:
So far osu culture is idolatry.
Here in Delta they(osu) are more prosperous.
But the discrimination only exist in the mind.
The culture is outdated, I hate discrimination
where is Osu practiced in delta state?
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by osuji55: 11:21am On Jan 01, 2019
From what i have found out, Imo state is the headquarter of Osu in Igboland because if you go to my home town Mbaise,they are many,Mbano,Owerri,Orlu and so on. As a matter of fact, they said i am Osu because my surname is "Osuji" and i realized that through the way people discriminate and persecution against me as child and i grew up it became worst that i could not bear. I tried to complain to the Nigerian police station in my town Aboh Mbaise they told me to go and meet the traditional chiefs. The discrimination continued on and on coupled with the stigma i faced then i had to move to Ghana even though they are not best at least i was able to study there. I cannot return to Nigeria again and my non-Nigerian wife loves me and i am proud of the children she born for me and they cannot never be osu again in their life.
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by LBanks(m): 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
osuji55:
From what i have found out, Imo state is the headquarter of Osu in Igboland because if you go to my home town Mbaise,they are many,Mbano,Owerri,Orlu and so on. As a matter of fact, they said i am Osu because my surname is "Osuji" and i realized that through the way people discriminate and persecution against me as child and i grew up it became worst that i could not bear. I tried to complain to the Nigerian police station in my town Aboh Mbaise they told me to go and meet the traditional chiefs. The discrimination continued on and on coupled with the stigma i faced then i had to move to Ghana even though they are not best at least i was able to study there. I cannot return to Nigeria again and my non-Nigerian wife loves me and i am proud of the children she born for me and they cannot never be osu again in their life.

So because your name is Osuji, they started calling you OSU

This your lie is not an intelligent one at all

Osu is never identified by name in Igboland, so many people answering Nwosu, Osuagwu, Osuji etc are not Osu's, stop peddling lies on this forum
Re: Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? by Omnipresent(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
osuji55:
lol , I love the way you lie ( no pun intended).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wuraola Ogunwusi Looks Gorgeous In New Photos / Bristow Helo Crashed Because Govt Doesn't Appease Sea Goddess – Oba / University Of Aberdeen In Scotland To Return 1897 Stolen Bronze To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.