Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? (799 Views)

Nairalanders, Why Is This So?[photo] / Nairalanders Why Cry Over The Dead Phase1 And Merry Make At Funeral Phase2! / Nairalanders - Why Does Jonathan Goodluck Have A Phd In Zoology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? by Sxsells: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
At times when I read people's comments to issues on nairaland, I wonder the level of reasoning that abound amongst us.. It's becoming more obvious by the day that quite a number of people simply makes comments just to lurk around and check the number of "likes" they have amassed, so such a mindset makes you wanna play to the gallery..and trust me you can't make a sincere, non-judgmental and objective comment with such a mindset... They simply wanna say what will thrill fellow nairalanders which unfortunately might not be their sincere views..
 Also, I feel some users are continually refreshing the homepage just to be the first to comment . so when I see comments such as "I'm the first or second or third " to comment, such level of childishness amazes me considering the notion that majority the members here are mostly adults... Obviously, such fellas are here to water down the seriousness of discourse here.
Furthermore, I feel some members are just waiting to see tribal -inclined topics so they can start their rantings, insults and finger-pointing. Such fellas only make comments on such ocassions and then vanish once the topic is outdated to resurface wen another of such re-emerges..
Need not mention that some are here just to follow the bandwagon i.e see what is in vogue and then follow suit blindly and childishly..I need not mention some frivolous and needless associations casually formed which people joined unwittingly!
Conclusively, I believe this is a forum where objective, sincere and matured contributions are expected... People come on board Expecting to rub minds, share ideas and read intelligent contributions...I'm sure quite a number of serious minded people are now just nominal members and not bothering to log in again considering the number of times they have been disappointed by the comments they read whenever they logged in.... This observation of mine can't be concluded without saying kudos to the few that have been consistent in giving their sincere and objective opinions whenever they are here! 
So I ask you , what is your sincere reason for making comments here?[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? by PaulJohn1: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
Good observation OP.
Nairaland should be a place where the young minds of our great country, shares and exchange ideas on meaningful topics that can add to us personally or to the country at large.
It should have been a platform where meaningful discussions are made and our great intellectuals showcases their gift to the world, because it's like the Web is the main avenue that links the world together.
But mehn, it's reverse. It's known for displaying our hatred for each other and showcasing how competitive we are on fruitfulless things.

It's not all that bad, personally I've gained something in a positive way. I got to know about nairaland while making research on a particular topic two years back, and MR, I can boast that I got a great point for the topic on this same Nairaland. grin
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
What's your sincere reason for creating this thread Your question is almost rhetorical. You were asking a question and complaining at the same time. NO ANSWER
Re: Fellow Nairalanders, Why Do You Come Here??? by chucky234(m): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
All work and no play they makes Jack a dull boy,you can't be serious all the time,there are times you need that laughter to ease you off the stress and pressure of work.

(1) (Reply)

Bloomberg Names Dangote, 62nd Richest Man In The World / Top Ten New Year Resolutions: Whatz Yours? / Any Sure Traditional Solution For Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.