Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,333 members, 7,839,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) (512 Views)

Fight The Islamic Agenda Now And Give Ur Children A More Peaceful Tomorrow / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note / A Coversation Between God And The Devil (dont Miss It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) by shugacaneman: 5:27am On Oct 28, 2012
I am a Christian, most times I wonder what the friday gathering of muslims like. I would love to attend but been made scared by the stories that I heard saying there are strict punishment for a non muslim to attend. in churches we sing, we pray, we dance and also make some collections to run and sustain the church.
Please without religious war or exchange of words let's hear from the muslim faithfuls the experience of the friday gathering.
Re: What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) by joey4jo: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2012
I don't know why you are so inquisitive, but I'll answer you.
The main objective is the sermon..
There is a sermon given before the two raka'a prayer.
We are humans and we forget and fall into error. So, its obligatiory on every muslim to spread the word and remind your selves, so as to keep from error.
So the friday sermon is more like a general one, the topic depends on what is actually going on during that period.
Say, if it is during hajj, the imam prepares a sermon on the virtues of hajj, how it is perfored etc.
If its during festive period, again it talks about the virtues, how to sacrifice an animal, what should be done before and after the day etc.
If however its during normal period, it could cover anything, from how to be your brothers keeper, lies, fornication, backbitting,prayer, Gods punishment & reward(heven & hell) etc mainly on general etiquetts on being a good muslim and human beign.
After the sermon is performed, a 2 raka'a prayer is performed and that's it, everybody leaves the mosque.

Anybody who wants to add should please fell free to do so, anywhere we made mistakes we pray that Allah (swt) forgives us and where we are right may HE reward us.
Re: What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2012
I love your inquisitiveness Islam generally means peace and I must tell you everyone was born a Muslim and into Islam that is we are born to passionately strive towards submission to Almighty God but the family and the environment man finds himself changed him from what Allah had made him.
As regard ur question about jumay prayer, you can attend it without any fear many white people do research about Islam theoretically and practically before embracing it after they are convince thr this religion is truly fr God its called participant observation but you will not have any reward from God from doing this untill you pronounce that there are no gods but God (Allah) then learn about the etriquette of Islam only then will you be having your full reward from God if u perform all the solat including the Friday prayer .
Ask more if you want to know
Re: What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) by Truckpusher(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2013
Very peaceful , they all have their daggers tied to their waists ....now just imagine what will happen if provoked.
Re: What Is A Muslim Worship Like (peaceful Coversation) by Maisuya1: 11:29am On Jan 06, 2013
The two main things that happen on a Friday is the SERMON then the SALAAT (2 units of prayers) there are other acts of worships that go on besides these two which vary from mosque to mosque

THE SERMON

This basically is in Arabic (although some imaams also sermonise in the local language in addition) the theme could be current affairs, historic, worship, etc

THE SALAAT/PRAYER

the prayer proper for Fridays is made up of two units (there are five daily prayers each with it's number of units I.e Dawn prayer is 2 units afternoon 4 units evening 4 units, sunset 3 units and night prayer 4 units)

TO BE CONTINUED ( I shall provide a detailed translation of what every Muslim says in his prayer when standing, bowing, prostrating and sitting. Insha Allah)

(1) (Reply)

Can someone pls explain these verses? / How Many Hour Do Your Church Sunday Service Last / Lovely Gospel Song Titled REJOICE Performed By 3ugene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.