Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Fallen Out Of Love With Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fallen Out Of Love With Husband (4511 Views)

Pregnant Naija Lady Bares Babybump In Shoot With Husband / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / I Have Fallen Out Of Love: What To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by bunmi2012(f): 2:43am On Oct 29, 2012
I have been married for 8 years with two beautiful children. I have fallen out of love with my husband cos of the way he treats me,he has physical and mentally abused me so much that I now feel nothing for him.

whenever,we have arguments he would call me names and even spits on me.He would later apologise but does the same thing over and over again.
He is very controlling and hot tempered.

He has tried several businesses and has failed but still refuses to get a monthly paid job.He is the type that follows the crowd and does not really know what he wants from life.
He is very inresponsible and enjoys spending my money.He goes as far as taking cash and card from my purse without my consent,but sees nothing wrong.

I have moved out three times in the past but he always comes begging that he would change and that he still loves me.

I now cannot imagine sleeping with him and everything about him irritates me.Do I continue with this marriage for the sake of my kids or do I move out this time around for good?
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by slimyem: 3:05am On Oct 29, 2012
Here we go again.....
All these problem in one marriage and from one man?
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by tpia5: 3:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by tpia5: 3:09am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by wissezy: 3:24am On Oct 29, 2012
Op, have u considered gettin' some bouncers, cos seriously that man's a.s.s need to be whooped.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:09am On Oct 29, 2012
Jst be patient,one day it wil turn 2 story.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by okosodo: 6:48am On Oct 29, 2012
Even though i believe you, ask him wether there is any thing that you do that irritates him
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 29, 2012
Dont move out. Stay there and get your skull cracked. Seriously, whats wrong with y'all women who think you're doing your kids a favor by letting them watch their father batter you? What kind of children do you think you are raising? Just because he comes to beg you're willing to ruin your kids' lives instead of staying single and making them realise the value of hardwork and self sufficience. Stay o. Dont move.

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 29, 2012
Staying in an abusive marriage just for the kids is not reasonable. As a matter of fact if you insist on staying, you should be looking to send the kids away to grow in a safe, stable environment is what you should be doing. Sounds extreme right? But imagine the daily internal turmoil the kids are going through witnessing what is going on. Imagine the stress and fear they feel day to day as they don't know when the next episode will start. Imagine living their childhood walking on eggshells everyday instead of experiencing the richness of a good childhood. I would guess they are likely victims of his abuse as well even if it's only verbal. The long term psychological effects nko? How about the fact that they have a higher chance of becoming abusers themselves when they get older? The stress and effects of staying in an abusive home far outweighs the temporary stress they may (or may not) feel from a separation. In their hearts, I'm sure they are desperately praying you remove them from that situation. You can provide them a loving and stable environment on your own and that's what they need to thrive.

Imagine yourself as a child growing up watching this type of thing in your home everyday for years and years. Would it affect you?

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 29, 2012
ileobatojo: Staying in an abusive marriage just for the kids is not reasonable. As a matter of fact if you insist on staying, you should be looking to send the kids away to grow in a safe, stable environment is what you should be doing. Sounds extreme right? But imagine the daily internal turmoil the kids are going through witnessing what is going on. Imagine the stress and fear they feel day to day as they don't know when the next episode will start. Imagine living their childhood walking on eggshells everyday instead of experiencing the richness of a good childhood. I would guess they are likely victims of his abuse as well even if it's only verbal. The long term psychological effects nko? How about the fact that they have a higher chance of becoming abusers themselves when they get older? The stress and effects of staying in an abusive home far outweighs the temporary stress they may (or may not) feel from a separation. In their hearts, I'm sure they are desperately praying you remove them from that situation. You can provide them a loving and stable environment on your own and that's what they need to thrive.

Imagine yourself as a child growing up watching this type of thing in your home everyday for years and years. Would it affect you?

please ask o
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2012
Madam Poster use your tongue to count your teeth, He abuses you, hurts you comes back and begs then does the same, go figure No one can tell you what to do, you are an adult, think and act like one.
Dont hide behind your children.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2012
okosodo: Even though i believe you, ask him wether there is any thing that you do that irritates him
Abdul Adam56: Jst be patient,one day it wil turn 2 story.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2012
In such a case, common sense should surely prevail. Stay in an abusive marriage, "for the sake of your children"?? Children seeing their father knock 7 bells out of their mother is far from healthy, and is much more damaging than any split-up could ever be. Assuming your husband only physically and mentally abuses you "when the children are at school", they'll still know things aren't right between their parents.

This sends out the wrong messages to your kids. For girls, it gives them the erroneous impression that a wife's duty is to be submissive to her husband, to the point she should accept whatever he chooses to dish out. A dutiful punch bag. For boys, it gives the impression women are there to be beaten, than physical violence is the correct and manly way to keep his wife in line. You're damaging your children.

I'm sure deep down, you know the answers, the right thing to do, you're merely "seeking approval." Whatever you decide has to come from you, you owe it to yourself and your kids to protect them, and remove them from an environment that could be potentially damaging. Asking opinion and doing the very opposite is a waste of your (and everyone else's) time.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

4 Likes

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thank God my dad wasn't violent and my husband isn't violent.
Lord knows i would have put a bullet in one of their skulls if they were.

A violent man is nothing but a beast and a weakling.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva: Thank God my dad wasn't violent and my husband isn't violent.
Lord knows i would have put a bullet in one of their skulls if they were.

A violent man is nothing but a beast and a weakling.

I agree with the highlighted.

Not with the bullet through the skull though - you'd get done for 1st degree murder, and it'll mean they've won!
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by bunmi2012(f): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
okosodo: Even though i believe you, ask him wether there is any thing that you do that irritates him

I have spoken with him several times and he said I am not respectful and submissive to me.How can any woman respect an in responsible man,that would not pay household bills until bailiffs come knocking on the door?

All the money I have saved all this years has been wasted bailing him out of debts and he still treats me like rubbish.

His abuse towards me now has a negative effect on my son,his teachers are really concerned about his behaviour.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
So Madam, apart from staisfying society and baring the Title of Mrs, please tell us what you enjoy in the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wow, the same son you are staying in the marriage to "protect" is developing a negative behavior! Shocking, one will think that as half baked theorist have always reminded us, the boy will be well behaved because eve though the parents have an abusive non respecful marriage at least they are still "together" for the kids
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
Siena:

I agree with the highlighted.

Not with the bullet through the skull though - you'd get done for 1st degree murder, and it'll mean they've won!

LOL. . .that's why i said thank God.
Sometimes you don't push a person too far.

@OP
The reason i hardly respond to all these threads is because it is always one sided.
The woman/man always paints a very bad picture of the spouse while not mentioning their faults.

These faults might be what is making the partner act the way they do.
He is your hubby, you dated him and loved him before. Figure him out!

4 Likes

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by durobraham(f): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva:

LOL. . .that's why i said thank God.
Sometimes you don't push a person too far.

@OP
The reason i hardly respond to all these threads is because it is always one sided.
The woman/man always paints a very bad picture of the spouse while not mentioning their faults.

These faults might be what is making the partner act the way they do.
He is your hubby, you dated him and loved him before. Figure him out!

"these faults might be what is making the partner act the way they do" Really?! these virulently dumb trolls on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by durobraham(f): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
@bunmi2012
i usually dont bother replying posts like these because i have realized that most women in ur position dont want answers they only want sympathy.
so i ask do u really want help?
do u also realize that theres no easy way out/fix for ur situation?

R u ready to give it all it takes? if ure then read on

1)the first question you have to sincerely answer is this-
Do i want to be happy or do i want my husband to change?
its seems like such a simple question but it actually would define all u do from now on.

my dear sister, realize now that ur husband may never change. No matter how submissive, sexy or sweet u become ur husband may not change.
u can attend every church service u can,pray all night 4 d rest of ur life, get anionted with so much oil that u look like a grilled turkey, ur husband may still remain the same.

Prayers are great &God is awesome but PEOPLE CHOOSE WHO THEY ARE!! God doesnt change people but people can coperate with God to help them change.

So dear bunmi2012, if u want us to help ur husband change,i am really sorry i cant help u with that , no can really.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
---

2 Likes

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by durobraham(f): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
secondly@poster u asked if u should move out or stay for the sake of the kids?
do u really think that those are ur options?
ur husband is an abuser, u by all indications have been an enabler. U have both emotionally abused ur 3kids.
Do u really think that if u move out eight years of abuse would be wiped out& it would be eldorado for y'all?
u said u moved out earlier but u came back. why did u come back?
u said he begged u. did he promise he'll change&did u believe it?
Or did u go back because u realized dat moving out wasnt easy& then u gave up?
I said all dat to say this, ur goal should be how do i irrespective of all that has happened in my family grow into a healthy happy woman?
how do i raise healthy happy kids?

Madam there is no one size fits all for u in this situation. its not as simple as u moving out or getting a divorce?
all these things are steps but not the goal. What u need is peace&joy! Who u need to be is an emotionally healthy woman.
what u need to develop is strength courage& wisdom
d honest truth is that living with ur abusive husband would require wisdom&so will being a divorced seperated mother of 3.
if d physical abuse is severe or life threatening i would suggest u move out temporarily but if not i would suggest u follow d next few steps i would share with u toward healing irrespective of ur past hurts.

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pray and fast
Stick in there
Get a divorce.
U have options to choose frm, what more are u asking for na? All these perfect women for family section.
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by durobraham(f): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva:

You are so smart you couldn't give a decent advice.
Even retards like you want to have an opinion. Another waste of space.

Wonder are indeed unending!
Even someone as arrogant,rude&condescending as this troll called Blue Diva can look another woman in d eye&tell her that her marriage sucks because of her character defects.

Madam paragon of virtue abeg no vex let me continue wasting space by giving not decent advice, IMO its still a heck of alot better than anything u can come up with.

shift joor!

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by DukeNija(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gosh!!!
I can't believe the kind of Comments I'm reading here.
And these are supposed to be from Adults, some of them Married??
God help Us.

Madam you need help and solutions fast.
Violence whether Physical or Verbal is totally unacceptable in a Marriage.
You deserve a Loving and Kind man who respects you as a Woman, Wife and Mother of his Children.

Your husband is Frustrated, and is venting his aggression on You.
Inasmuchas, I doubt you are blameless, I think you need to re-examine your marriage.

He apologises, He's hot tempered.
A Man that apologises isn't a Devil.
He sees his wrongs, but unfortunately can't do much about it because of his temper issues.

You need to mould your husband, and not heap blames on him or make him feel inadequate for not having a Job.
Support him, Direct him, Avoid conflicts, 'Teach him in Love'.
Pray for him.
Yes. The Solution to Marital distress is never Divorce.

You said he lacks direction, what are you doing to help, direct and guide him in his Career and Life decisions.
That's why you are his Wife. A Helper, Partner and all.

In all, put God in your Marriage. Pray for him, bring him closer to God(If you know him yourself).

Remember, Even the hearts of Kings are in the hands of God, He turns it whatever way He decides.
Your Husband is an Ordinary Man.
Godbless.

2 Likes

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by DukeNija(m): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
debrief08: So Madam, apart from staisfying society and baring the Title of Mrs, please tell us what you enjoy in the marriage?

Madam Chill.
You've given your advice, Relax.
Don't be the axe used in dividing the Wood. Don't ask ridiculous questions like this, with the aim of making her leave her marriage.

Not everyone wants to be Like You.

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by bunmi2012(f): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
durobraham: secondly@poster u asked if u should move out or stay for the sake of the kids?
do u really think that those are ur options?
ur husband is an abuser, u by all indications have been an enabler. U have both emotionally abused ur 3kids.
Do u really think that if u move out eight years of abuse would be wiped out& it would be eldorado for y'all?
u said u moved out earlier but u came back. why did u come back?
u said he begged u. did he promise he'll change&did u believe it?
Or did u go back because u realized dat moving out wasnt easy& then u gave up?
I said all dat to say this, ur goal should be how do i irrespective of all that has happened in my family grow into a healthy happy woman?
how do i raise healthy happy kids?

Madam there is no one size fits all for u in this situation. its not as simple as u moving out or getting a divorce?
all these things are steps but not the goal. What u need is peace&joy! Who u need to be is an emotionally healthy woman.
what u need to develop is strength courage& wisdom
d honest truth is that living with ur abusive husband would require wisdom&so will being a divorced seperated mother of 3.
if d physical abuse is severe or life threatening i would suggest u move out temporarily but if not i would suggest u follow d next few steps i would share with u toward healing irrespective of ur past hurts.

I have two kids not three.I believed he would change and that was why I moved back to the house.It is true that you can not change anybody unless they really want to change. If he wanted to change,he would have by now.

He is the type that would not address issues but would rather sweep it under the carpet.He believes once he says sorry than i should forget everything that has happened. I have suggested that he goes on anger management course but his not interested.

I am not scared of bringing up two kids on my own,because he really does not contribute much to their life. He is too busy looking for money instead of concentrating on them.

1 Like

Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by baby124: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
You can read and write, so I believe you are educated and a bit rational. What steps has he taken to make the marriage work? You are both partners, but men don't realise the decisions and directions they take in marriage determine its happiness and longevity.What steps have you suggested? Where do you think you are right now in your marriage? Do you need help or are you venting? You said you don't want to raise the kids alone, so you want to stay married I presume. Have you given him ultimatums? Can he go for anger management and to go and see a therapist? How about couples counselling?
Re: Fallen Out Of Love With Husband by durobraham(f): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
will

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advise Me Please. / Missing Boy Found After Seven Days In The Forest / What You Don't Know But Needs To Know About Your Day Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.