Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark (16931 Views)

Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / Senator David Mark Receiving Ash On His Forehead Today From A Priest (Photo) / Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by addictiv(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2012
what does ijebu land have. can they sustain themselves?, do they have the infrastructure in place? these are questions they should ask before clamoring for state creation. Nigeria is already disunited, we should stop deceiving ourselves. In the bible when God wanted to put an end to the tower of babel, he gave them different languages and there was confusion. i believe that if we can practice true federalism where a state know that if it doesn't invest and generate revenues there would be no funds for it to run on and not wait for national allocations from the federal govt with no development at the expense of the public. i agree that the states would be like little nations but then the actual govt would be closer to the people.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Caseless: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
It may sound like a joke but Ijebu state will make a killing if they focus there energy in producing and exporting Ijebu Garri all over the country and the world. Their motto can be something like this: Ijebu state - Garri for all.
did u mean SLOGAN?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Balkan(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Desola:

You are so st.upid! Anally stu.pid!!!

Which Yoruba ridicules the Ijebus? The same ijebu that produced Awolowo, Soyinka, Solarin, Adenuga et al? You this blo.ody okoros are just plain evil and would stop at nothing to create division but all you attempts since the inception of Nigeria has been futile and would continue to be so! Stupid arsewipes trying to rewrite other people's history when they clearly have none!

The issue of state creation of Kogi and Kwara is clearly justified as these were states that were arbitrarily divided in the bid to separate the Yoruba nation and expand the Hausa Fulani's geographical influence and of course get more money from the centre. The real request should not necessarily be to create a new state but to perhaps bring those two states together to form just one state thereby keeping the majority Yoruba people together!

O

I know the average yoruba man looks at an ijebu man with contempt and disdain.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Caseless: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2012
My God! Dont they think that creating more states will open more PANDORA's BOX for this country than some poor policies have done her? Why wont he support ijebu...cos i knw he's a catalyst in idoma pple agitation for apa state. Somebody should tel me what states like ekiti, osun,ondo,adamawa,yobe,taraba,gombe,plateau,niger,jigawa,ebonyi, abia,kebbi,bauchi,nasarawa etc, doing? They do nothing rather than waitin for monthly allocation or produce more opc , massob and boko haram members. Lets incoporate the non-active existing state into the active ones...atleast, there will b a cut in our recurrent expenditure. Na only salary dey chop close to 70% of our budget and we stil wan create more states....idealogical RAWBISH!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Caseless: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2012
Balkan:

i never knew these great guys are from ijebu;awo,solarin etc.. the only popular things i've heard from that place are ekpa ijebu, ijebu garri and baba ijebu. The state , when created can depend on these 3 things for IGR.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by shiyuyiu: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2012
nice, baba - thank you
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2012
Balkan:

No!, more with fear and wonder. As they do Awolowo,Wole Soyinka,Tai Solarin mong others

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2012
aribisala0: No more with fear and wonder. As they do Awolowo,Wole Soyinka,Tai Solarin mong others
I know Ijebu has produced one of the brightest if not the brightest Yorubas. But one cannot discount a certain suspicion that other Yorubas have of them.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by tushbobo(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2012
addictiv: what does ijebu land have. can they sustain themselves?, do they have the infrastructure in place? these are questions they should ask before clamoring for state creation. Nigeria is already disunited, we should stop deceiving ourselves. In the bible when God wanted to put an end to the tower of babel, he gave them different languages and there was confusion. i believe that if we can practice true federalism where a state know that if it doesn't invest and generate revenues there would be no funds for it to run on and not wait for national allocations from the federal govt with no development at the expense of the public. i agree that the states would be like little nations but then the actual govt would be closer to the people.

You must be so ignorant to have asked 'what does Ijebu land have'.Where do you think Ogun state's capital should have been if not for military interference.Wasn't one of the past FIFA world cup's hosted on Ijebu soil? And you are asking about infrastructure. I do not really support additional states creation but you should learn to post intelligently.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I know Ijebu has produced one of the brightest if not the brightest Yorubas. But one will not discount a certain suspicion that other Yorubas have of them.
Just like Nigerians have of Igbos. Is it Contempt or jealousy? Is ist disdain or fear? I will tell you something ; Ijebus did not circumcise their women unlike many other O'dua groups. Apart from throwing into doubt theories of common origin it would naturally raise suspicion among groups who did. I believe male circumcision would have similar effects on attitudes but that is an anthropologial issue anyway. More traditionally the ijebus had a reputation for greater knowledge of Ifa and other traditional/occult practice and this has a fear inducing effect. But the so-called "Yoruba" should more accurately refer to OYO . during the civil wars Ijebu formed alliances with other groups to fight Oyo so I must say your remarks are superficial and ill-informed.All subgroups prefer their own to others and are suspicious of every one else particularly those with whom they have fought in the past but the Yorubas have always been open to outsiders and Ijebu are one of the largest groups in Ibadan.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I know Ijebu has produced one of the brightest if not the brightest Yorubas. But one cannot discount a certain suspicion that other Yorubas have of them.

A bloo.dy liar, that's what you are and all you'll ever amount to!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Sagamite(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2012
addictiv: what does ijebu land have. can they sustain themselves?, do they have the infrastructure in place? these are questions they should ask before clamoring for state creation. Nigeria is already disunited, we should stop deceiving ourselves. In the bible when God wanted to put an end to the tower of babel, he gave them different languages and there was confusion. i believe that if we can practice true federalism where a state know that if it doesn't invest and generate revenues there would be no funds for it to run on and not wait for national allocations from the federal govt with no development at the expense of the public. i agree that the states would be like little nations but then the actual govt would be closer to the people.

Why didn't God give them different languages when they were building the Burj Khalifa, the Petronas Towers and the Taipei 101?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2012
aribisala0: Just like Nigerians have of Igbos. Is it Contempt or jealousy? Is ist disdain or fear? I will tell you something ; Ijebus did not circumcise their women unlike many other O'dua groups. Apart from throwing into doubt theories of common origin it would naturally raise suspicion among groups who did. I believe male circumcision would have similar effects on attitudes but that is an anthropologial issue anyway. More traditionally the ijebus had a reputation for greater knowledge of Ifa and other traditional/occult practice and this has a fear inducing effect. But the so-called "Yoruba" should more accurately refer to OYO . during the civil wars Ijebu formed alliances with other groups to fight Oyo so I must say your remarks are superficial and ill-informed.All subgroups prefer their own to others and are suspicious of every one else particularly those with whom they have fought in the past but the Yorubas have always been open to outsiders and Ijebu are one of the largest groups in Ibadan.
I was actually gonna add Igbo to the mix but decided not to. I think that suspicion is similar to those that other Nigerians have of Igbo.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Afam4eva(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2012
Desola:

A bloo.dy liar, that's what you are and all you'll ever amount to!
Ese pupo...
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2012
aribisala0: Just like Nigerians have of Igbos. Is it Contempt or jealousy? Is ist disdain or fear? I will tell you something ; Ijebus did not circumcise their women unlike many other O'dua groups. Apart from throwing into doubt theories of common origin it would naturally raise suspicion among groups who did. I believe male circumcision would have similar effects on attitudes but that is an anthropologial issue anyway. More traditionally the ijebus had a reputation for greater knowledge of Ifa and other traditional/occult practice and this has a fear inducing effect. But the so-called "Yoruba" should more accurately refer to OYO . during the civil wars Ijebu formed alliances with other groups to fight Oyo so I must say your remarks are superficial and ill-informed.All subgroups prefer their own to others and are suspicious of every one else particularly those with whom they have fought in the past but the Yorubas have always been open to outsiders and Ijebu are one of the largest groups in Ibadan.

wait a dam.n second! Are you supporting what the nincompoop said?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by tushbobo(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2012
Sure its jealousy being perpetuated by those who know nothing about History.It's a long story but this is a summary.
Ijebu land rose greatly in power and wealth in the 17th-19th century
This was achieved by imposing a ban on trade-to encourage monopoly-and this annoyed the europeans.
Other tribes out of envy of the Kingdom's prosperity started describing Ijebu as stingy due to its trade monopoly.
The europeans later succeeded in bringing Ijebu land under its control through war.

Monopoly is still being employed today in various facets of our life and using that to judge really makes no sense.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Desola:

wait a dam.n second! Are you supporting what the nincompoop said?

calm down luv. grin
I did say his "remarks are superficial and ill-informed" and I know you will not make a superficial interpretation of mine
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by itsmayiela(m): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
THE OKPOKPOWULU OF IDOMA LAND. WHO FIT TRY U?

UP APA STATE, UP DAVID MARK (THE OKPOKPOWULU 1 OF IDOMA KINGDOM)

I REMAIN UR LOYALIST 4EVA
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by babaniyen1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
One begins to wonder why Ijebu is well known all over Nigeria, Ijebu people comprises of well educated persons and also very enterprising people, successeful in all ramifications. Ijebu is just a town and its even well known better than the capital of Ogun State (Abeokuta). I think every town and city has a right to demand whatever he or she likes, If the Ijebus feels they need a state let them go for it. If its paining anyone the person should kindly go and hug the nearest transformer or better still any transformer close to National Assembly.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by tonychristopher: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
IT WILL NOT WORK DEAR, INSTEAD GIVE IT TO ANIOMA STATE AND THE IGBOS
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Katsumoto: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Instead of focusing on the merits of state creation vis-avis sustainability some idiots are talking about differences between Ijebu and other Yoruba. Ijebu has personalities, rich businessmen, yadi yada etc as if rich businessmen will use their riches to bankroll a state.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by staaari: 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
Welcome Ijebu State.
Ijebu omo alare.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
staaari: Welcome Ijebu State.
Ijebu omo alare.

ijebu ode ko, ijebu ososa ni
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by ektbear: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
Balkan:

Lol. The greatest Yoruba man in recent history (Awolowo) was Ijebu.

Anyway, when did you gain the authority to speak for the "average yoruba man"?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by tonychristopher: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
why should the ijebus be given a state, how many are they anyway and they are cunny and foxy, they should be under the yorubas, i know they are not yaribas but the sgould manage yorubas and no state for them

THE MOST CUNNIEST MINISTER WE EVER HAD IN NIGERIA ,HE WAS AWOLOWO, THE MAN IS A CRIMINAL THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE REFUSED TO NAME A SINGLE LANE IN SE AND SS AFTER HIM

HATE IJEBUS
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Chyz2: 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Desola:

You are so st.upid! Anally stu.pid!!!

Which Yoruba ridicules the Ijebus? The same ijebu that produced Awolowo, Soyinka, Solarin, Adenuga et al? You this blo.ody okoros are just plain evil and would stop at nothing to create division but all you attempts since the inception of Nigeria has been futile and would continue to be so! Stupid arsewipes trying to rewrite other people's history when they clearly have none!

The issue of state creation of Kogi and Kwara is clearly justified as these were states that were arbitrarily divided in the bid to separate the Yoruba nation and expand the Hausa Fulani's geographical influence and of course get more money from the centre. The real request should not necessarily be to create a new state but to perhaps bring those two states together to form just one state thereby keeping the majority Yoruba people together!

O

Oh shut ur trap. we all personally know and have seen your ridiculing of the ijebu people so keep quiet. Even if u google it your envy will show. In fact, do a nairaland search.lol.....
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Chyz*:

Oh shut ur trap. we all personally know and have seen your ridiculing of the ijebu people so keep quiet. Even if u google it your envy will show. In fact, do a nairaland search.lol.....

Hahaha...me? Ridiculing the ijebus? I think that would be tantamount to self loathing.

Prove that I have ridiculed the ijebus anywhere on Nairaland. Prove it! Infact, quote me!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
tonychristopher: why should the ijebus be given a state, how many are they anyway and they are cunny and foxy, they should be under the yorubas, i know they are not yaribas but the sgould manage yorubas and no state for them

THE MOST CUNNIEST MINISTER WE EVER HAD IN NIGERIA ,HE WAS AWOLOWO, THE MAN IS A CRIMINAL THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE REFUSED TO NAME A SINGLE LANE IN SE AND SS AFTER HIM

HATE IJEBUS

Naming a street or lane in okoroland after the GREAT AWO would have been a smear on his name. He is too important and too worthy to have his name attached to anything ibo. Thank you for respecting our daddy.

We all know that anything ibo is substandard.

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by funkybaby(f): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sagamite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6_98tq4mY&feature=my_favorites&

Yeepa! Ghost o!

My enemies in Sagamu have become more powerful. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lmaoooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

o serious ! lol
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=babaniyen1]One begins to wonder why Ijebu is well known all over Nigeria, Ijebu people comprises of well educated persons and also very enterprising people, successeful in all ramifications. Ijebu is just a town and its even well known better than the capital of Ogun State (Abeokuta). I think every town and city has a right to demand whatever he or she likes, If the Ijebus feels they need a state let them go for it. If its paining anyone the person should kindly go and hug the nearest transformer or better still any transformer close to National Assembly. [/quote
]Actually Ijebu is not just a town, Ijebu are found in Lagos state; Ibeju Lekki,Epe,Ikorodu,Ejinrin as well as Ogun State Though I doubt very much that the Lagos Ijebus will have anything to do with Ijebu state as they are advocating their own Lagoon State
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
babaniyen1: One begins to wonder why Ijebu is well known all over Nigeria, Ijebu people comprises of well educated persons and also very enterprising people, successeful in all ramifications. Ijebu is just a town and its even well known better than the capital of Ogun State (Abeokuta). I think every town and city has a right to demand whatever he or she likes, If the Ijebus feels they need a state let them go for it. If its paining anyone the person should kindly go and hug the nearest transformer or better still any transformer close to National Assembly.
Actually Ijebu is not just a town, Ijebu towns are found in Lagos state; Ibeju Lekki,Epe,Ikorodu,Ejinrin as well as Ogun State though I doubt very much that the Lagos Ijebus will have anything to do with Ijebu state as they are advocating their own Lagoon State
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Akanbiedu(m): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
O boy. New champions are about to emerge.

Ijebu people were actually marginalized by OGD, who saw Ijebus as different people from his group, the remos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What I Told Buhari In Daura, By Shehu Sani / Khadija Ibrahim Resigns As Foreign Affairs Minister For State / Kabiru Ismail Killed, Hamza Salihu Kidnapped In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.