Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? (17079 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Married In Nigeria! / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by cowgurl: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ Chrisbenogor,

There are different forms of abuse and yes,
insecure folks have the tendency to abuse in whatever form they deem fit.

what I see here is, Emotional/Verbal abuse and it's still enough reason for her to flee.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
From all I read I did not see anywhere where she said he even threatened violence.

'Blood will flow if I catch you cheating'. That's a threat of violence and one not to be taken lightly coming from someone as controlling as he is.

As regards you saying that article is biased, are you saying those are not the true warning signs of abuse or that he does not show all of those signs? Do you have a nonbiased educational article to post that tells us the true warning signs so that you can fully debunk the one I posted.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Sunnystooth(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Cant beliv i spent hours reading through dis post... Wetin i gain now sef?! @OP, if u like, if u dont like, na u sabi... I no get advice 4u at all!!! Just marry anytin dat comes ur way, NoTime!!!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Next time don't date an ugly guy

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by moodswing(m): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
This your case should be added to the list of 100 100 SURE WAYS TO BE TERMINALYY UNHAPPY

It's very simple... An annoyingly insecure guy won't make you happy but take away your happiness.

NB: My wife-to-be is currently engaged to someone else.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by free2ryhme: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
why give advice that will never be taken ... Cant you see from her conversation her mind is made up.. You are not telling her she wants to hear. Pls go and marry him ooo we are not the ones with the problem but you are and stop disturbing us with ya issues .. after 2 months we will read the rest in the dailies oh how a newly wedded lad ended .......!@#$%^& ...no be my mouth una go hear ay father mess for alter
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by andyanders: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

I think all advice is valid. We are all different people, and everyone would probably handle the situation differently based on their background and personality. To be honest, I'm prepared to work with him to resolve this problem, because this could do me also some serious damage if it has to end to save my life or for any serious reason. If it does, then I'm out for good. I'll probably never desire to marry anyone again, and sort out how to live my life by myself. I'm not desperate to marry, and I'm not scared of the prospect of being alone forever as long as I have my peace of mind.

Listen, I know how you feel, but the relationship you are in now is full of risk when you are into it as married couple. No sane person will see this handwriting on the wall and still wanna go ahead with it. You cannot manage a temperamental person in life. You cannot manage or change a jealous person in life. You cannot be used to settle past abuse he ever had with his past relationships. You need to be respected as a person. Having kept your virginity to that age, devil want to use that to give you a man who will not respect you, rather abuse you. You needed God here or before getting involved with any person. I pray God to help you see that you are walking into a very dicey relationship with what you have explained. Staying alone is not right as you might end up abusing yourself in future. There are nice guys out there but kneel down and ask God to direct you to a true man that will love you for who you are and appreciate you.
You can ask God to intervene now by praying to Him. If this relationship will work, let Him perfect it. If the relationship cannot work, let Him cancel it amicably.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by lolaluv1(f): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
Op,
God loves ya, I tell ya. Only you, see how everybody is begging you; Yemi included.

I just hope you make the right choice.

I can never date an insecure, overpossesive guy ever again. That's me sha. What about you?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by kooto(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910: I've heard this before, but I'm confused because it is hard to imagine how, as he is normally very loving and caring. It's just that when the jealousy sets in, it becomes very difficult to understand, or even manage.
I think you are just making this up, because if this is real I don't think you should be asking these after all you've been told. [your your quote]
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

We have talked about it several times. I don't have any male friends, apart from 2 guys who are part of a school group whom I see once a year during our annual reunion (we have always met as part of a big group of guys & girls). I don't talk to these guys on the phone, however I comment on their facebook statuses from time to time and vice versa. I do talk to several guys on Twitter - but not personal stuff. If they say something that interests me I'll comment. I don't flirt, so I'm confused about what vibes I might be sending.

Best advice is run. An obsessive jealous type can easily kill you. You are nothing more than a property to him. Obviously your opinion and feelings amount to nothing.

Expect to be physically and emotionally abused if he doesn't change.

I believe it's dumb people who get married hoping their mates will change for the better in future. Don't hinge your marital happiness on someone changing- most adults don't change.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Usokristi: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
My beloved u have not married him and all this is coming out. This is a clear sign that u 2 are not compartible. Marriage that is not based on love and trust is not worth the name. If he truely love u as he claims he will believe in u no matter what, run for ur life before u land urself in perpetual agony.marriage is not every thing and u can never change him believe it or live it
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
My dear RUN as far as your legs can carry. that marriage will be a disaster if you go ahead.

An extremely jealous and possessive partner CAN NEVER be a good husband/wife. they are very dangerous.
time will come when he'll become violent, even to the point of confronting any man that talks to you or calls you on the phone.
so my dear, RUN! A broken courtship is not the same thing as divorce. leave him now or regret it later!
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by siobahn: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
U need to borrow Usain Bolt's running shoes and take off. Run for your life!! That guy will make your life miserable. If you have kept yourself for that long and he still thinks you are a flirt, he is insecure and such men will never appreciate your worth as a woman. Marriage is a lifetime affair, it's better you have a broken courtship than a broken marriage. There are better, more loving and definitely faithful men out there. Be Wise!!!
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
at poster, the truth is RUN 4 UR LIFE, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE HE WILL CHANGE. YOU VE NT GOTTEN MARRIED TO HIM AND IT IS THIS WAY, WHAT GIVES U THE IMPRESSION THAT HE WILL CHANGE. HE IS USING AN EX WHO CHEATED TO JUDGE AND WEIGH YOU. HE DOESN'T TRUST YOU, I LAUGH WEN HE SAID Y TALK WIT STRANGERS, WEN U REFEREED TO DAT PLANE INCIDENT. HOW DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE WEN YOU MARRY HIM.

WELL, ON THE CONTRARY U CAN MARRY HIM EVEN THOUG U KNW HE WILL NEVER GET TO TRUST U. HUSBAND ARE SCARE, LADIES WOULD SAY, THUS THEY WILL WALK IN A MISERABLE MARRIAGE WITH WILD OPEN EYES. ITS FAR BETTER TO BE SINGLE AND HAPPY THAN TO BE MARRIED AND BE MISERABLE......

LEST I FORGET, YOU ARE A VIRGIN @ 25? CONGRATS, HOLD ON TO WHAT U VE GOT AND NEVER LET GO.
[b][/b]
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by chamotex(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
BlueDiva: You will be back in a few months here lamenting about an abusive husband.
You wouldn't tell us you saw the signs but would paint the man a devil and yourself a saint.

Please do yourself a favour and look for someone you are compatible with.
The man isn't a devil but isn't right for you either.

Bluediva, what are you doing here?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by BuickEnclave: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
there are few things in life that are assured as JEALOUSY...and that is the man is a potential wife beater...if he has not beaten you before he might start after the marriage....I have seen so many relationships like this erupt with the man lashing out...hacking your account!!! You should be very afraid and get a RESTRAINING ORDER or else this man will HARASS you until you can bear it no more. I'm a Christian man and believe me one can see the signs; it won't matter HOW MUCH you have tried to SHOW him your faithfulness...Sister OP, either you stand back and see if he will change or GO INTO THIS MARRIAGE AND LIVE IN HELL....a WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE... angry angry angry
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: A lot of people are not informed about abuse and she could be with him for 5 years and still not know or know and keep making excuses for him like she's doing now..
She's always had concerns and that she has chosen two months to the wedding to air and get advice on them is a good decision.Even if it is two days to the wedding she chooses to walk,it would still be a good decision!
Even if the complaints were just insecurity and trust issues like you insist,does it make sense that the issues are still there after 20 months of a relationship?
"Warning signs" like we gave here are supposed to help one analyse a situation properly so one doesn't make terrible mistakes as the case may be....and when these signs are this loud,doesn't it just make sense to step back.
Where is the phottoshopping?
I'm not so much of a polemic so...i'm out!
Wish her the best!
I wish her the best as well, your analysis of this situation is based on how she sees things. Have you heard from the guy? You cannot judge these signs based soley on the story she has put up here and she has admitted that she is not a saint.
We both agree the guy is insecure and he comes out to tell her but really where is the violence coming from? People can be very insecure without being violent and yes I know Men who are insecure but would not hurt a fly.
So yes by all means let her sit and deal with the insecurity issues, tell her man he fears and oh in the worst case push the marriage as far back to get a clearer picture.
But to outrightly say run, that's just........wrong.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by bella01(f): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=femi4]I m afraid the guy is here on nairaland...and he's reading this thread.
Lol... Bros,na u b d guy;-)
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
ileobatojo:

'Blood will flow if I catch you cheating'. That's a threat of violence and one not to be taken lightly coming from someone as controlling as he is.

As regards you saying that article is biased, are you saying those are not the true warning signs of abuse or that he does not show all of those signs? Do you have a nonbiased educational article to post that tells us the true warning signs so that you can fully debunk the one I posted.
Blood will flow or" it would be bloody"? Last I checked whem we say something would bloody it does not mean blood would flow it means usually that things would be tough.
"O boy the game between Arsenal and Reading yesterday was bloody"
I disagree that he meant he would get violent, he had been cheated on before, did he get violent?
Stop crying wolf and conjuring fires where there are none.
I have a friend who went through this terrible terrible breakup way back then, during the course of the "cheating" his ex gf emotionally abused him, the main sign then was that her phone was on call waiting most nights. So back then while I was trying to nurse him out of his heartbreak he kept on as a ritual calling her by that time just to show me that she was speaking to the other guy and he would try and try. He healed he moved on but to this day phones hunt him, when he calls his gf now and sees call waiting he admits that his mind goes places and he acts up with her. But this guy would never ever hurt a fly, he is totally paranoid of women and of relationships but he would not hit or become verbally abusive.
So your article or whatever it was that an insecure person becomes violent is a stretching of the truth.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by mimi13: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
this whole writeup only remindf me of an ex but lets get this straight first, ur fiance is a male LovePeddler... He CHEATS on you!
That being said, ur situation will only get worse and heres d routine. He has already turned to a Monitoring spirit, he has already started shouting, then expect the slap, then more slaps, then it gets more physical, then d house wnt contain d shame any more n u guys will go public. Then the phone saga era, u wnt pick ur calls without him listening, he reads ur msgs before u do and finally u are left phoneless cos he will take it frm u and txt all ur contacts to txt u instead of calling u and they will cos they will think it was u who sent it. Then and only then will u realise dat u had time to walk away b4 now.
I learnt my lesson oo and since then, any man who as much as exhibits 1% of that attitude is a goner cos even cheetah no go see my break light.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
OP, You still haven't answered my question yet. Have you had s** with him yet?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

I have a friend who went through this terrible terrible breakup way back then, during the course of the "cheating" his ex gf emotionally abused him, the main sign then was that her phone was on call waiting most nights. So back then while I was trying to nurse him out of his heartbreak he kept on as a ritual calling her by that time just to show me that she was speaking to the other guy and he would try and try. He healed he moved on but to this day phones hunt him, when he calls his gf now and sees call waiting he admits that his mind goes places and he acts up with her. But this guy would never ever hurt a fly, he is totally paranoid of women and of relationships but he would not hit or become verbally abusive.
So your article or whatever it was that an insecure person becomes violent is a stretching of the truth.

Does your friend control his new gf's moves? Does he sneak after her when she goes out to make sure she goes where she says she's going? Does he obsessively tell her never to discuss their problems with any of her support system under the guise of not bringing outsiders to their relationship? Does he ask her 'who have you told' every time they have a problem? Does he hack into her social networking sites and set it up to receive direct notifications of her private messages? Does he prevent her from talking to male strangers? Does he accuse her of cheating as a result of any contact with men?

If he does all of this then he is an abuser. She should dump him too. Whether he has hit her or not does not change the fact that he is an abuser. He just has not physically abused her.

If he does not go to this extent then there is no basis of comparison between the two cases.

The article never said an insecure person becomes violent but congrats on desperately trying to minimize the seriousness of the issue. If it works for you to deliberately close your eyes to what it is saying then good for you.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
Dear Poster,

Where you at? Your input is required.

PS: have you filled your parents in about this?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
ileobatojo:

Does your friend control his new gf's moves. Does he sneak after her when she goes out to make sure she goes where she says she's going? Does he obsessively tell her never to discuss their problems with any of her support system under the guise of not bringing outsiders to their relationship. Does he ask her 'who have you told' every time they have a problem? Does he hack into her social networking sites and set it up to receive direct notifications of her private messages? Does he prevent her from talking to male strangers? Does he accuse her of cheating as a result of any contact with men?

If he does all this then he is an abuser. She should dump him too. Whether he has hit her or not does not change the fact that he is an abuser. He just has not physically abused her.

If he does not go to this extent then there is no basis of comparison between the two cases.

The article never said an insecure person becomes violent but congrats on desperately trying to minimize the seriousness of the issue. If it works for you to deliberately close your eyes to what it is saying then good for you.

God bless you. Thank you for all your great advice. You have no idea how much it has helped. At least, I now have sought the public opinions, I've heard all the warnings, and it's left to me to do what's best. Thanks again.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by member126910(f): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
chuks315: OP, You still haven't answered my question yet. Have you had s** with him yet?

Yes. Hence was a virgin. This all started after we started.
ferhyntorlah: Dear Poster,

Where you at? Your input is required.

PS: have you filled your parents in about this?

Thanks for your helpful advice though.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
member_126910:

God bless you. Thank you for all your great advice. You have no idea how much it has helped. At least, I now have sought the public opinions, I've heard all the warnings, and it's left to me to do what's best. Thanks again.

This post made my heart smile. smileyI wish you all the best in your decision making and I pray for a long blissful happy married life for you with the partner God has prepared for you whoever he may be.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by SELFWORTH: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
You need psychiatric evaluation
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 01, 2012
I'm very sure the OP has told that her "fiance" to talk to the hand. It would be very funny to have her on the family section in 2 yrs time bawling about domestic abuse at the hands of her husband... i go laugh tire.
I get tired of the number of women who excuse such controlling behavior as "he is always caring and loving" as if the rest of us who choose to let a woman grow her own wings dont care or love them.

Run... a man who goes as far as hacking your online accounts to monitor you will probably have you shut them down the moment he is married to you. A man who is so angry that you go to church to meet people will soon be telling you no more church on sunday the minute you are married. Why you have allowed this to happen for a good 20 months is beyond me. Are there no other men out there? Are you so desperate to be married that you will settle for someone who has codedly warned you that he can and will be violent should he suspect you of cheating?
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Joe4christ1: 5:23am On Nov 01, 2012
chuks315: OP, You still haven't answered my question yet. Have you had s** with him yet?

I just dont know why some people just cant read between the line, if she has'nt given it to him she would'nt be finding it much difficult to move on.
Just my 2 cent!
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by emcemayo: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2012
Mmmh OP if I were in your shoes girl o girl I for don run without lookin back. But just my 2 cents can you put up with this for the rest of your life ask yourself? If you can pls happy married life but if you can't you know what to do
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 01, 2012
@OP, please ignore the unrealistic advices of majority of the posters here, change is the only constant thing in life, if you want your marriage to work it will! Irrespective. Please pray about it.
Re: Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much? by Nikegenius(f): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2012
@Poster

Please go watch the movie N-Secure. It will be very helpful.

He asking if you have told anybody about an issue points to the fact that he will be an ABUSER.

They always want you far from family and friends so you won't have anyone to run to when he starts being physical.

Please watch the movie and tell us what you learnt from it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

April Born Lets Meet Here / Miss Romanceland 2015- Day 2 / Advice: Am Tired Of This, My Husband Loves To Cum In My Mouth – Wife Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.