Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation (17245 Views)

World Trade Center Reopens For Business 13 Years After 9/11 Devastation / Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] / Images Of The Devastation By Hurricane Sandy In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by tigonana: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin grin grin visa lottery for nxt year na evrybdy go be winner cos wrk don dey for ny be dat,omo naija let's go.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Elueme: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
magic cheche: my brother i share same opinion with you o! i will never die if dont visit US.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by a1solution: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

LMFSO! Old boy, you don dey kolo small-small.

We expect a rise in the level of the Atlantic Ocean on the Lagos coastline in a few days. Nothing as dramatic as that of New York and other parts of the United States though. Ahmadu Bello Way and adjoining streets on Victoria Island may be flooded. I think it is not a new thing but I don't think I can live in that area.
NOR MAKE PEOPLE FEAR O
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Ranoscky(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Oboy, no b small mata o! shocked
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by beshiman(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
homerac7: i guess most of dos "flooded" cars will soon find their ways down to naija as Tokunbo. lolzzz
NA SO OOO
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by kelvino25(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Because the cost of building your house only on bricks will render you permanently poor for life.. Plus your insurance will be back breaking.

No wonder. This really helps, thanks
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Astronott(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
This time around, its not suicide bomb hitting gigantic buildings but many lives are lost.. Rumours had it that WTC bombings were....traced to whitehouse.
I dnt know why, many of these occurences, i just see the extra-physical perspective.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by billyG(m): 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
Okija_juju:

Because the cost of building your house only on bricks will render you permanently poor for life.. Plus your insurance will be back breaking.

are u tellin me cement & sand cost dia pass naija
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by tony4244(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
TRUST OUR BUSINESS MEN TO PACK ALL THESE FLOODED CARS AND SHIP TO NIGERIA!!!!!!
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by tintingz(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:
LMFSO! Old boy, you don dey kolo small-small.
We expect a rise in the level of the Atlantic Ocean on the Lagos coastline in a few days. Nothing as dramatic as that of New York and other parts of the United States though. Ahmadu Bello Way and adjoining streets on Victoria Island may be flooded. I think it is not a new thing but I don't think I can live in that area.
well me too don't live in that area. . .i dey fear hurricane brandy.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by burn(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
<script>alert(1)</script>
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Mckybarf(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
iykak47: Why do the Americans build their houses out of wood (pako)instead of block despite that the country is prone to natural disaster undecided
so they can rebuild the cities anew when the need be. Building with wood makes relocation easy, costs less and maintenance is less expensive.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by lion042(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2012
nigeria is heaven if na like this e be there
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by bigdoo: 1:25am On Nov 01, 2012
God's own country indeed.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by ireke(m): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2012
knowledge4: Jesus, I thank you that hurricanes do not happen in Nigeria.
However, we have our own share of disasters too - religious wars,B.H,election riots,fuel riots,border clashes,floods etc.
If 5% of the magnitude of Hurricane Sandy had occurred in any part of Nigeria,how would we have coped in a nation where it takes about 24 hours to respond to a plane crash? I hope the Nigerian government and our armchair emergency services can learn a lesson from this disaster.
Jesus, I thank you.

We have our own share/type of natural disaster in our Leadership.
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2012
tony4244: TRUST OUR BUSINESS MEN TO PACK ALL THESE FLOODED CARS AND SHIP TO NIGERIA!!!!!!

Was thinking the same
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Nov 01, 2012
billyG:
are u tellin me cement & sand cost dia pass naija

I wouldnt know for sure.. However;

I'm sure that Masons and Labourers there dont collect 3000 Naira & 1500 Naira per like in Naija.. Blocks are definitely not 50 naira per block and also, Insurance for a full brick house is not gonna be beans either..
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by tailek(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]I hope this hurricane doesn't destroy New York totally because i must visit that city before i die.

...even if it does, U can still visit it in ur dream. Afterall, visit na visit grin
Re: More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation by AfroBlue(m): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2012

Nolita dumpster divers feast on $40K worth of fancy tossed out food/ report by Simone Weichselbaum

It's getting that bad in still blacked out downtown Manhattan?

Dozens of city residents frustrated with day-two of a dark Gotham swarmed a Nolita garbage bin filled with $40,000 of pricy fresh food. Met Food supermarket workers at the corner of Prince St. and Mulberry St., had to toss scores of garbage bags packed with foodie eats like Pom pomegranate juice, soy chai latte, organic eggs, and Ben and Jerry's ice cream, clearing the shelves in the wake of Sandy's aftermath.

Shop owner Paul Fernandez said his store - like most of Manhattan south of 40th St. - has been without power since the storm hit Monday forcing him to trash the entire deli section along with all his meats and dairy products.

"I had to throw out all of my perishables. I can't sell it to anybody. It's like $40,000 worth of food. We carry a lot of specialty item and organically," Fernandez said watching hordes of people packing shopping carts and backpacks with his groceries.

"I didn't expect this kind of a turnout. They are taking advantage." NYU student Ilana Breen, 20, said she'd been wandering the streets all day looking for a working ATM or an open store in order to buy food. Her apartment on E. 23rd St. is without power rotting grub in the fridge.

"We just saw all these people in the Dumpster. This isn't a trash can. This is a heap of food," Breen said showing off a $7.49 bottle of organic vanilla chai she found.

"We don't have any power. I have this book bag and we are going to come back with a suitcase." The Pena family from nearby Grand St. in the Lower East Side got a tip from a friend about the food-find and walked to Nolita with a small shopping cart.

Their son Brian Pena, 20, spent over an hour in the Dumpster tearing open trash bags tossing groceries to his dad and people too embarrassed to ask for the nosh. "I am just helping the people," Pena said tossing boxes of frozen veggies.

"No one wanted to come inside so I am pulling open the bags and giving food." Down the block, Paradise Deli and Grocery was open using a dozen candles to the light the dark store. Owner Aziz Benani watched the Dumpster - divers losing his customers to the free pile of food.

"Yesterday, the Korean around the corner was the only store open and he was busy. " "Now we just opened. And it's slow," Benani said.

Read more: http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/Tracking_Hurricane_Sandy_2#ixzz2Axqvn5fn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / Russian Railways Defaults In Credit Payment As Effects Of Sanctions Hit. / Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.