Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,220 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Anambra - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Anambra (23982 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by oweniwe(m): 12:21am On Nov 21, 2012
shocked you trekked from d main road to the camp? That's madness. I can imagine u went downhill . . Thru a valley and then uphill again thru those bushes at NIGHT. . Its like walking thru d shadow of death.

I guess ur camp time was in d dry season. In the rainy season . . Batch B, the road and expressway is a complete mess. I wonder why d federal govt don't want to fix dat expressway. Come see cars swimming in mud water.

The only thing i really enjoyed was d camp carnival night. The parades were funny at first. For d first week, everything was so disorganized. The soldiers started evicting those they thought were not fit. 2nd wk, we still couldn't take 5 synchronized steps. The soldiers were begging us to behave na. . grin . . . When we couldn't get it right by d third week, they became annoyed and started their gra gra. We now begged them to parade for us . . to set example.. Na so dem soldiers form line and begin march o. It was flawless. . . From then on, we got it right.

The toilets. . arrant nonsense. . And imagine some corrupt officials come dey extort N200 say dem wan use d money wash d toilets o:< . No bathroom o. Na open bathing galore. As for mammy market, i didn't frequent there often since d woman serving my platoon used to give me double ration so food was not my problem there
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by bigfrancis21: 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
Slizbeat: am not serving yet buh i could help with some infos abt anambra state cos am 4rm dia. @the commenter who stated the issue of snake, its true dat idemili north and south(am 4rm Amaeke of Ejighinandu, awka etiti in idemili south) dont kill Eke(python) because its harmless and we regard it as Nwadiana(son of our land). all u av to do weneva u c it is to speak to it(in Igbo if u can n english if u can), put a big stick and it would obey u and climb unto the stick, dnt be afraid, jst take it out and drop it, it would go witout disturbing. if u cant do it, get sum1 to do it 4 u. BTW, it does nt stay in noisy places so u myt nt see such till u leave.
NOTE- Anambra state is the Most peaceful state to me cos i av been to so many states and gvs u wat i av experienced. the pple r hard working, dnt av any1's tym buh help u if u need help regardless of tribe or religion buh present urself well and mk gud frnds so u wud enjoy ur stay. WELCOME TO THE LIGHT OF THE NATION n happy NYSC Period.
That is the part I enjoy the most about my state.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Olucheye(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2013
ANAMBRA LIVE!!!
Who else was posted there.. let's know so we can travel together.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Duduconfirm: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
pls house, I've just been posted to
Anambra. Any other person?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Duduconfirm: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Olucheye: ANAMBRA LIVE!!!

When and where are u leaving from
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Olucheye(m): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2013
I'm leaving from Ilorin. I'm open to flight or bus.
Trying to see if i can get it

Would love to meet 6am ASAP
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by lokojay89(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
I was posted to Anambra bt in leaving frm Osogbo.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by mutombo(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2013
i was posted to anambra...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by rollz: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2013
Olucheye: ANAMBRA LIVE!!!
. I was also posted 2 anambra o n ion know jack bou anywre in d east.pls I nid help!!!!!and I hope ill av fun there??am leaving from ibadan.
grin
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Olucheye(m): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Ok Great!
@rollz and @lokojay89 seems like our locations are close. How do you guys suggest we move.
Ilorin isn't that far Osogbo nor Ibadan. Can we meet up together and move?
Like i read on the thread, We will have to head out to Benin then from there we can find our way to Awka.

Never been to the east too. Let me know what your thoughts are!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Duduconfirm: 11:14am On Mar 02, 2013
I'm leaving from I.B wednessday morning. Anybody?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by lokojay89(m): 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Olucheye: Ok Great!
@rollz and @lokojay89 seems like our locations are close. How do you guys suggest we move.
Like i read on the thread, We will have to head out to Benin then from there we can find our way to Awka.

. I heard dat there is direct bus to Onitsha frm Osogbo. From Onitsha to d camp is nt too far I'm planning to move on Tuesday monin.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by adingo: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Umunya awaits you all...maami Onibaje...#i Will be there to give you all best of Barbeque and all you Drinks Delite
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by adingo: 2:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
If you don't get onitsha directly from oshogbo, u can board a bus going to Enugu, u will tell the driver you are droping @ umunya...

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by uxor: 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
If you are coming from Lagos-Benin axis, or Warri- Delta axis, leave very early (4:30AM), cos there is a contanst traffic jam at Niger bridge, which is ur entrance point to Anambra State. why ? the old brigde service traffic more than the built capacity - hence d 2nd Niger bridge debate at NASS.

SECRET: Dont go for a paid apartment at ur Place of Primary Assignment, cos u can easily get free accomodation. the big houses u see in their villages are maily empty, being occupied by their parents. Just ask or tell any indigene u see, that u want a free decent accomodation around ur work area. he/she will ask around and bring positive reply to u.
safe and goodluck.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2013

@bolded

The camp is in umunya town, dunukofia LGA. So although you'll board a bus going to awka or Enugu, you're definitely not going to alight in awka...where you should drop is umunya.

The place is very easy to locate cos...

1. The road is very dusty and still under construction.

2. There is an NYSC monument in the centre of the clay road.

So after alighting at umunya (in front of the camp) cross to the other side of the road and take a bike to the camp premises.

Feel free to ask any question if you're lost.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by oweniwe(m): 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
^ ^ oga. . Why na? Umunya is in Oyi LGA and not Dunukofia. . . And d road is being fixed so its almost smooth ride from onitsha to awka now

Congrats to all ya posted to anambra. . The state is peaceful wit nice people. .

Come early to camp. . They won't reserve kits for you. If kits finish before you arrive. . You go worry tire. Its only in d last week that extra kits will be available

Bring plenty tissue paper (na foul pit laterine una go dey shit or inside bush if ur hostel is close to d farms) ,

mosquito net> umunya mosquitoes no send. They're very tiny. . They'll just be biting and you won't see them. If you caught malaria or fever. . Na die. . You go take medicine tire

Try to join d kitchen group. . and make friends wit d women serving ur platoon food . . Don't ask me why. Or better still come with corn flakes/Golden morn/garri and bournvita/milk. . So if you are hungry, u can hav something to munch. If not. . Na mammy market women go chop ur money finish.

Try get close to d officials in charge of ur platoon. . U never know wat luck dat can bring you.

I might post some more advice later. . Cheers

Rural Rugged Evangelism.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
oweniwe: ^ ^ oga. . Why na? Umunya is in Oyi LGA and not Dunukofia. . .
I know dunukofia shares boundaries with Awka, idemili and oyi...but its very difficult to classify where their various towns fall under.

I just remembered Nteje which happens to be in Oyi, and from Awka, after Nteje you have umunya...so I guess you're right...it definitely is in Oyi LGA. Sorry for the error.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by oweniwe(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
^^ ow. . Its not ur fault. The boundaries are so jammed dat one hardly knows which is which. For example. . Awka north and awka south. . I don't know d difference. Its almost same wit Idemili and onitsha north.

By d way, the network service is so annoying. Ah. . . Annoying is understatement. .

I'm so bored at awka south council. I'v told d Z.I i want to work in camp. If e gree, ok. If not. . By mid week, i go run. . .
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by rollz: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2013

Buh a fwend of mine dt goes der often told me dt der is a str8 bus from ib o.dunno ow tru that is sha.ill try 2 find out.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Olucheye(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Thanks for the response y'all. I intend moving on Tuesday morning.
I just confirmed from a lady here who is from Anambra state. She said that we will get a bus directly to Onitsha from Osogbo but we have to leave very early and that from Onitsha to Umunya is like less that 300naira.

Is there anyone else that would want to leave on Tuesday?? Let us see to moving all along together.
Cheers..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Olucheye: She said that we will get a bus directly to Onitsha from Osogbo but we have to leave very early and that from Onitsha to Umunya is like less that 300naira.
Check first if you would find a direct bus going to Awka or Enugu before entering Onitsha.

The advantage of Enugu or Awka is that you won't have to come down at onitsha to begin to look for another bus going to umunya. Awka or Enugu bus would take you directly to umunya.

And for the records Onitish to Umunya isn't more than N200 some buses collect N150 but its quite rare...don't appear like a novice in onitsha or else those guys might even charge you up to N1000. If you would be dropping at Onitsha, the place where the bus is likely to stop you guys at is upper iweka...new park. Just take a bike to where awka buses load and tell them you'll be dropping at the camp...they would stop you right in front of the gate...

Good luck and safe journey.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by luminousbohry: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
Anambra otondo's from lagos where are u guyz....lets arrange how we gonna be travelling togeda
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Olucheye(m): 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
CrazyMan:

The advantage of Enugu or Awka is that you won't have to come down at onitsha to begin to look for another bus going to umunya. Awka or Enugu bus would take you directly to umunya.

And for the records Onitish to Umunya isn't more than N200 some buses collect N150 but its quite rare...don't appear like a novice in onitsha or else those guys might even charge you up to N1000.

Good luck and safe journey.

Thank you very much. The Bolded is also key so as to avoid swindling by those Onitsha boys grin
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by bobo09: 6:53am On Mar 03, 2013
Pls am in ondo town now, hw can i move. And can i meet someone dat i can drop my load with
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 7:04am On Mar 03, 2013
bobo09: Pls am in ondo town now, hw can i move.
I believe that from Ondo, you able to find a bus going to Enugu, Awka or Onitsha.

bobo09: And can i meet someone dat i can drop my load with
why would you want to drop your load with someone?

There's no need to travel with a trailer load of possessions the camp is just 3weeks after which you'll be posted into the town for your PPA.

So come with only the necessary things you know you'll need...a portable traveling bag and a laptop bag should do.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by rollz: 11:37am On Mar 03, 2013
I hope this camp is not boring o.n I also pray n hope I catch my fun.I hate boring places n pple.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by rollz: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2013
I hope this camp is not boring o.n I also pray n hope I catch my fun.I hate boring places n pple.nd am worried bou ow 2 get my accommodation.ion av mney 2 spend on ouse o!!!

sadembarassed
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Ogojohn(m): 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
Duduconfirm: I'm leaving from I.B wednessday morning. Anybody?
Look for Ifesinachi transport company at IBADAN. It loads direct to ONITSHA and ENUGU and it will drop you at the N Y S C. camp at UMUNYA. GOOD LUCK.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by Ogojohn(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
CrazyMan:
I believe that from Ondo, you able to find a bus going to Enugu, Awka or Onitsha.

why would you want to drop your load with someone?

There's no need to travel with a trailer load of possessions the camp is just 3weeks after which you'll be posted into the town for your PPA.

So come with only the necessary things you know you'll need...a portable traveling bag and a laptope bag should do.
YOU CAN GET A BUS TO ONITSHA FROM ORE JUNCTION.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ogojohn: Look for Ifesinachi transport company at IBADAN. It loads direct to ONITSHA and ENUGU and it will drop you at the N Y S C. camp at UMUNYA. GOOD LUCK.
Does Ifesinachi have a park in Ibadan?

I thought Lagos was the only western state they ply....
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Anambra by bobo09: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls hw much do they take enugu, awka or onitsha 4rm ore junction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Corpers To Enjoy Minimum Wage From 2020 Budget - Sunday Dare, Minister Reveals / When Is 2016 Batch B Stream 2 POP Date? / Corper's Kids In NYSC Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.