Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) (12742 Views)

Worst News For 2012 / Nominees For Nigerian Broadcasters Awards / Andre Blaze To Host The South South Music Awards (ssma) 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by maxit2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Apologies if my 1st comment was seen as tribal. I guess I was a little angered by such comment as "where is south south"
Such comments and subsequent comments makes me feel as if some guys are trying to feel more important..
Once more sorry 4 the harsh words.. Tnx
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Ibangap(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
gudnex22:
But Iyanya is from cross rivers state and cross rivers is in the East from so what is he doing on the list?
Really? Smh 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by MacLovington(m): 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nwa Teacher: No award 4 Mr Timaya, dem mama soldier. This shows the level of partiality in d award because Timaya still remain d best musician s/south have ever produced

How old are you? Ever heard of Cardinal Rex Lawson, Sir Victor Uwaifo etc? So you think music began with all these hip hop, R n B they are doing now?

I think Prince Nico Mbarga might even be Part SS, part Camerounian.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Ejine(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
That list is bloody retarrded. Nothing for Yung6ix, yet I can see so many trash artistes up there.

Oh, by the way... J. Martins is from Abia State (SE), boneheads undecided
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Ejine(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
maxi-t:
Apologies if my 1st comment was seen as tribal. I guess I was a little angered by such comment as "where is south south"
Such comments and subsequent comments makes me feel as if some guys are trying to feel more important..

My broda, such comments are very common around here, hence the need to grow a thick skin.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by salam001(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
MacLovington: .

How old are you? Ever heard of Cardinal Rex Lawson, Sir Victor Uwaifo etc? So you think music began with all these hip hop, R n B they are doing now?

I think Prince Nico Mbarga might even be Part SS, part Camerounian.
correction,Prince Nico mbarga's Father is camerounian while mother is from Ebonyi,and ebonyi remains in south-east and not south-south
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by MacLovington(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=salam001]correction,Prince Nico mbarga's Father is camerounian while mother is from Ebonyi,and ebonyi remains in south-east and not south-south[/quote

I used the word "might". Not here to drag anybody with anybody.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by salam001(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=MacLovington][/quote]that's your damn bussiness,i was just trynna help a lost nygggahh
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by solomon111(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abrantie: "South South Music Awards? I guess the North West or South East or North East or North or South West or West of Nigeria are not invited. You people with NEVER unite!
stfu!
What do you know about Nigeria,you bloody ghanaian.
Is it not in ghana,we have kumawood and gollywood,despite the fact that you guys are of a microscopic population,and even the gollywood is non-existent.

4 Likes

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by MacLovington(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
maxi-t:

What do you expect from people with "na-we-get-Nigeria" and "na-we-be-majority" mentality?

Just ignore them.

All these attitudes make nigerian unity a pipe dream.

This reminds me of a friend's experience. He (a minority tribe person) got 1.1 in History from a top Naija university.
In Europe, Europeans and other Africans working with him and other Nigerians (majority tribes) knew that his analysis of Nigerian history and politics was far superior.

One day, some political events ocurred in Nigeria and fellow European staff wanted to know more about it. The other naija colleagues didn't give a satisfactory and unbiased explanation. The Europeans said fine let's wait for Mr. X (minority guy)because we are sure he will explain it better.
In response the majority tribe people said " he's only from a minority tribe, he doesn't know anything about Nigerian politics".

The Eurpeans were surprised because he was deemed clueless because of his tribal origin. The same tribalism affected his job prospects back home and he went abroad.

Most people who describe GEJ as clueless today, many do so on account of his minority tribe.

GEJ is by far not the best Naija or SS can throw up BUT you cannot convince me that Tafawa Balewa, Gowon, Shagari, IBB, Abacha or Yar'Adua were the best Naija could offer when they came into office.

I left out OBJ and Abubakar because they came into office by accident.

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by dabrake(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
gudnex22:
But Iyanya is from cross rivers state and cross rivers is in the East from so what is he doing on the list?
aaaaah. Chineke meeeeh! Okokobioko.

1 Like

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by dhanmccoy: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
gudnex22:
Huh? Even a five year old knows Cross River is not in the East. Are you so dull?
@OP, no Timaya, no Mish? Nonsense awards. Timi Dakolo, Erigga and a few of them totally deserving tho.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by solomon111(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
gudnex22:
cross-river in the East?
Maybe you meant former Eastern region.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Aderostock(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Any music without a yoruba effects or language is just as waste as trash. We rule the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. Check out;
D'banj
Wandecoal
Wizkid
Asa
Lagbaja
Femi kuti
Fela kuti, and the list is endless
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Gentlepapi(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Wat abt burner boy *like to party*
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Aderostock: Any music without a yoruba effects or language is just as waste as trash. We rule the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. Check out;
D'banj
Wandecoal
Wizkid
Asa
Lagbaja
Femi kuti

You are a big fool, who is competing with you by the way Even the aforementioned artists would get really angry at the baseless point you are trying to make. Ode dudu!

1 Like

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by SamAfrik(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
If its a way of reducing militancy in the SS then its good. The govt shd also encourage the youths to do sport.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
@gudnex22: Cross River is presently in the South-South region.

I agree with some posters that the entertainment circuit needs to be diversified. Aspiring musicians in Nigeria shouldn't be hampered by their inability to get a record deal in Lagos. The SSMA is a good medium for such musicians to advertise themselves to a nationwide audience.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by subzero2(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
tongue
Mynd_44:
You mean kidnapping headquarters
No bro. But the region that is holding this entity called Nigeria ionically tongue
Mynd_44:
You mean kidnapping headquarters
No bro. But the region that is holding this entity called Nigeria ionically
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by ortopazz(m): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Itoroetti :
Rubbish list,apart 4rm iyanya's kukere ön that list,which other song was hotter than mish's "Akwa ibom Ayaiya".the above listed list lacks vision n credibility.

I mean that Song was a hit, the only thing i dnt understand about this list is why the song dint make the list, it should nt just be outside songs making impact in our place buh indegeneous musicians who have craved a niche for themselves!.and have been able to project South South outside.

Mish's 'Akwa Ibom Ayaya' and Tiayaz malonönegene not being on the list showcases the low state of the list. And the poor quality of tha list.

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by emekson(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
MOST POPULAR ARTISTE
(DIASPORA)
1.Lace – flex
this guy nva reach diaspora! Nah
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by drax(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by truelovecom: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Aderostock: Any music without a yoruba effects or language is just as waste as trash. We rule the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. Check out;
D'banj
Wandecoal
Wizkid
Asa
Lagbaja
Femi kuti

check out igbo artistes ;
1. psquare 2. J.martins 3. Bracket 4. Neato C 5. Flavour 6. kelly handsome 7. Ikechukwu 8. Faze 9. Rugged man 10. Mr.raw 11.Chidinma(kedike) 12.Obiwon 13. Onyeka onwenu 14. Bright chimezie 15. Oliver decoco 16. Osadebe 17.TJ(elewe ukwu)…I can go on and on, the list is endless...And dont forget that the two best music producers in nigeria are igbo's ; they are Don jazzy(An igbo man by blood) and Samklef (from Imo state)

The above list , is just only for those home based igbo musicians. I can give you a list of igbo musicians in USA and UK, that are grammy award nominees and winner.

So dont think its only yoruba.. we igbo's have achieved so much in music than you yoruba's

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by crisycent: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
Shout out to my man Andy Bello. I can see you are taking SSMA to the next level and that's what's up.
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by dabrake(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
D'banj
Wandecoal
Wizkid
Asa
Lagbaja
Femi kuti
you refused to add shina rambo, ramsey noah,
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by dabrake(m): 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
truelove.com:

1. psquare 2. J.martins 3. Bracket 4. Neato C 5. Flavour 6. kelly handsome 7. Ikechukwu 8. Faze 9. Rugged man 10. Mr.raw 11.Chidinma(kedike) 12.Obiwon 13. Onyeka onwenu 14. Bright chimezie 15. Oliver decoco 16. Osadebe 17.TJ(elewe ukwu)…I can go on and on, the list is endless...And dont forget that the two best music producers in nigeria are igbo's ; they are Don jazzy(An igbo man by blood) and Samklef (from Imo state)

The above list , is just only for those home based igbo musicians. I can give you a list of igbo musicians in USA and UK, that are grammy award nominees and winner.

So dont think its only yoruba.. we igbo's have achieved so much in music than you yoruba's
you forgot to add, naeto c, ikechukwu and tonto dike
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by salam001(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
dabrake:
you forgot to add, naeto c, ikechukwu and tonto dike
are you blind,didnt you see naeto c and ikechukwu in the list?,btw tonto dike is from SS
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by igboboy1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
D'banj
Wandecoal
Wizkid
Asa
Lagbaja
Femi kuti

GBAM.. you forgot to add some efulefus to your list such as:
Dj Zeez
CHdidinma
Chuddy K
KC
Naeto C
Rayce
Orezi
Dr Sid
M.I
Ice Prince
Jesse Jagz
ruggedman
samklef
Re: Nominees For 2012 South-South Music Awards (SSMA) by igboboy1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
truelove.com:

you shoudlnt be putting efulefus such as naeto c, chidinma, ruggedman and samklef in your list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Love For Big P Is Not For Money Ivorian Model (eudoxie Yao) Blasts Critics Wh / Why Olamide And Don Jazzy Should Shut Up And Never Claim Street.. / Looking For Website To Upload My Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.