Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend (26861 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by blahcknproud: 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin[color=#770077][/color]Very nice write up, I must say. One sentence struck me and that is:
"Usually a man’s treatment
of his mother is a good indication of how he will treat
his wife".
Today's ladies seem to dislike their potential mother in-laws (for reasons best known to them) and tend to prefer guys who aren't in good terms with their mothers. Word here is, he will treat u the same way he's treated his mum.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by nairaner(m): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
i think i have placed this somewhere on nairaland b4. I guess this site is part of what you need http://www.ncsnonline.com says its a site for the single christians. Got to know about it many months back through a male friend who got married through meeting someone on there.

So i have more or less become a witness that it may work for you if you are open to online dating.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by wazobiaforu(m): 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: there are lots of them...you can count yourself out though.

Babe, you have half knowledge about christianity or you have joined the train of " let adjust it to our taste" anyway half knowledge kill faster than poison

Marriage was before any religion and marriage is for Love and not for religion, millions of pagans are living happily in their marriage and your pastors keep divorcing every month.

Many that marry cus of Money,Ethnic,Religion are crying inside and outside now .... If na lie go to court and open mouth

Marry cus of love
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
FACT: Christianity is not a religion. It is simply a belief and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 28, 2013
D sage: @op, according to No. 4 in your initial post, 'a good Christian husband must be able to provide for the needs of his wife and children'. What if he possess all the qualities you've mentioned but lack no.4? Will you still consider him?
I bet she will never. They love to read the bible but will never study proverbs 31.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 28, 2013
omo-to-dun u said u ar an american, ar u sure?
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 28, 2013
ogaju007:

Do you love christ? will you die for him should the need arise? even your pastors dont love him that much... if they did, they will be preaching the gospel in iraq, afghan and the likes...
if dat is what God saved me for, he wil sure give me the grace as i learn always at his feet
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 28, 2013
omo to dun, i wil like 2 have a personal/ one on one talk wit u
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by DESMONDIME1(m): 1:27am On Mar 28, 2013
salt 1:

How can you mix Koran and Bible? Who told you the first couple of Lagos are happy? Are you an insider? I'm not saying that they're not happy, but in marriage, appearance may be widely different from reality.

Which religion will the children practice?
:
They will practice buldism.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by DESMONDIME1(m): 1:32am On Mar 28, 2013
The will practice buldism.May God help us.No marriage between muslims and christian will ever work on earth,not even in Jupital or Mars or Genus.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by oluomad(m): 1:34am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: where did Jesus come from? You don't believe in God? The Holy spirit?

M confused

My dear, I love Ūя post!! Happy birthday dearie!! We share †ђξ same birthday!! Happy birthday to U̶̲̥̅ and me

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:51am On Mar 28, 2013
ogaju007:

Now this is what i love to hear .... when people claim they know there origin yet live the life, culture and even religion of people thousands of miles away. you have the bible, you have read it, you atleast read it every sunday... have you ever asked the 4 main questions (Why? What? HOw? When?)
I hate it when you act like you know me.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:53am On Mar 28, 2013
oluomad:

My dear, I love Ūя post!! Happy birthday dearie!! We share †ђξ same birthday!! Happy birthday to U̶̲̥̅ and me
happy birthday to us....how old are you lol cheesy
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:59am On Mar 28, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Babe, you have half knowledge about christianity or you have joined the train of " let adjust it to our taste" anyway half knowledge kill faster than poison

Marriage was before any religion and marriage is for Love and not for religion, millions of pagans are living happily in their marriage and your pastors keep divorcing every month.

Many that marry cus of Money,Ethnic,Religion are crying inside and outside now .... If na lie go to court and open mouth

Marry cus of love
Come on!

I will marry a man after God's own heart...nothing less. Btw...you amuse me

What taste are you talking about? I hate it when people start being Hypocrites
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 28, 2013
What will happen if I decide to marry Tonto Dikeh? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:19am On Mar 28, 2013
tpacalipse: I bet she will never. They love to read the bible but will never study proverbs 31.
lol...you don't know me, stop making assumptions when you know nothing about me grin grin

I practice what I preach, ask around about the proverbs 31 woman.....its my favourite. Here is my old post

Humbledbygrace: *takes the same bible*

Same proverbs 31 from verse 11

The Capable Wife
[b]
10 How hard it is to find a capable wife! She is worth far more than jewels!

11 Her husband puts his confidence in her, and he will never be poor.

12 As long as she lives, she does him good and never harm.

13 She keeps herself busy making wool and linen cloth.

14 She brings home food from out-of-the-way places, as merchant ships do.

15 She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and to tell her servant women what to do.

16 She looks at land and buys it, and with money she has earned she plants a vineyard.

17 She is a hard worker, strong and industrious.

18 She knows the value of everything she makes, and works late into the night.

19 She spins her own thread and weaves her own cloth.

20 She is generous to the poor and needy.

21 She doesn't worry when it snows, because her family has warm clothing.

22 She makes bedspreads and wears clothes of fine purple linen.

23 Her husband is well known, one of the leading citizens.

24 She makes clothes and belts, and sells them to merchants.

25 She is strong and respected and not afraid of the future.

26 She speaks with a gentle wisdom.

27 She is always busy and looks after her family's needs.

28 Her children show their appreciation, and her husband praises her.

29 He says, “Many women are good wives, but you are the best of them all.”

30 Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the LORD should be praised.

31 Give her credit for all she does. She deserves the respect of everyone.[/b]
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 28, 2013
Verse 13 may be difficult to accomplish. What if my future wife (could be Tonto Dikeh) can't weave a cloth? cool
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:21am On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: What will happen if I decide to marry Tonto Dikeh? grin grin
is she an Akwa Ibom lady? grin grin grin grin
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: Verse 13 may be difficult to accomplish. What if my future wife (could be Tonto Dikeh) can't weave a cloth? cool
it depends on what you prefer to wear, but she can learn how to weave a cloth
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: is she an Akwa Ibom lady? grin grin grin grin

LWKMD! grin

No, she isn't. She is from Rivers State.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: it depends on what you prefer to wear, but she can learn how to weave a cloth

Okay. Anyway, it will be her choice though.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan:

LWKMD! grin

No, she isn't. She is from Rivers State.
your tonto Dikeh type...
CFCfan:

Okay. Anyway, it will be her choice though.
as long as its her choice and won't be pressurised into anything
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 28, 2013
musKeeto:

Feel free to judge me by the views I hold about someone. Lol. I also like Messi and hate Ronaldo.
Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by ARareGem(f): 7:02am On Mar 28, 2013
Happy Birthday, HBG. More grace to your elbow! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 28, 2013
I'm also wishing HBG a happy birthday smiley

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2013
ARareGem: Happy Birthday, HBG. More grace to your elbow! cheesy
Thanks sis...blessed day to you too
CFCfan: I'm also wishing HBG a happy birthday smiley
Thank you bro...go sleep now lol
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2013
CFCfan: Verse 13 may be difficult to accomplish. What if my future wife (could be Tonto Dikeh) can't weave a cloth? cool
it does nt really means showing of cloth but it means she is always busy doing something even though if it is small. Her hands ar always on the deck
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by 9lifes(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2013
omo_to_dun: @CFCfan

That is completely false. Look up the definition of the word religion in any dictionary and you will see that Christianity is, indeed, a religion. No one likes to label what they believe in as a religion because it connotes something negative, especially in modern times.

A Muslim can also say that Islam is not a religion, but a belief and personal relationship with Allah.

Don't mind the shallow minded people.Paganism is written all over Christianity,and yet they don't know it.Christian is a Full time religion.

As for this topic,I was in the church for many years,faithful and active,a leader,but all my life i have seen more honest sinners that Christians (in Nigeria). It's easier to get S>e,x in the church that even a brothel. Follow all that is written here,most ladies will still term you boring or mr nice man,you go finish last.Na your front newcomer wey dey cult go blow your house fellowship leader. My EX was a prayer warrior,cheated on me with a her pastor friend,and she will always be the one to scream everytime you attack these useless pastors who control many but have no sense of discipline.

I am not bitter,sh.i.t happens,but i have learnt to be more open minded,i will marry any woman with a good head,that will add value to my life and will give me peace,especially around 12 am,when morons are awake to bind devils.

There are bad people and good people everywhere,we can share the same moral values without belonging to the same religion..as long as we click on most levels,i am good to go with any woman.But if you are true to what you believe,kudos to you and i wish you luck in finding someone you deserve.

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by seunadebayo: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2013
omo_to_dun: ^
Take a good look at Nigeria. Does it look like a nation where any good human being lives in? All these Christians are nothing more than Christians in name.

U're pretty right but not all christians sha. Mayb u should have say many of dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty / My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.