Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend (26846 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Before ya'll start slashing me with your ignorance. All I was saying is that you have a choice to chose the kind of a partner you want to be with for the rest of your life. There is no harm in that
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
FOLLEY20: What u are discussing here is funny & strange to true Christianity. There is nothing like having boy friend or girl friend in xtian circle. If u are mature & ready for marriage, then go for that by following normal processes based on Bible doctrine.
Funny and strange to you....what's the right procedure?

You just pick a random lady @ church and tell the elders you want her?
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by BABE3: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
This topic is an example of the mistakes women (and men) make nowadays; putting God's responsibilities on a mare man. Are you yourself honest? Are you selfless? Do you read your bible 24/7?
You're not half as perfect as the man you crave yet you want him. Aren't you both humans with the same blood running through your capillaries ?

To the "born agains", how about perfecting your relationship/marriage with your God? All these marriage palava won't fix loneliness.

That "perfect" man or almost "perfect" man doesn't exist!!

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by sweetrace(f): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Fantastic piece!

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by SIRKOL(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I wouldn't even give it a second thought....

They are them and I am me
i dont know y dis i bcoming a debate...marry whoever u want 2 marry, wat eva u see, u take...afterall na u go suffer or enjoy d whole tin but do not 4get dat marriage is 4 beter 4 worst till death do u part cool
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by nbright: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
What Christian Women should look out for in a potential husband

and poor treatment of
family members, especially his mother
(Proverbs 15:20, 19:26, 20:20, 23:22).
Usually a man’s treatment of his mother
is a good indication of how he will treat
his wife.
.. But you never mentioned how the male will know if she will treat them right...
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
shocked some people are bitter on nairaland
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
SIR KOL!:
i dont know y dis i bcoming a debate...marry whoever u want 2 marry, wat eva u see, u take...afterall na u go suffer or enjoy d whole tin but do not 4get dat marriage is 4 beter 4 worst till death do u part cool
hehehehe
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Look for the quality of swindling the congregation of their hard earned money. It is a palpable quality of religionists!
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by economia: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Further complaints;

You havent read the bible because an evenly matched relationship between men and women is impossible according to scripture;

I CORINTHIANS
11:2-10… Woman created for man.
14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

EPHESIANS
5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.

COLOSSIANS
3:18 Wives submit to husbands.

I TIMOTHY
2:11-15 Woman must not have authority – she must be silent. Women can be saved with childbearing.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT POPULAR AND CAN NEVER BE POPULAR BECAUSE OF THESE AND MANY MORE BASED DUCTRINE, ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH IN NIGERIA BUT THESE BASED DUCTRINE ARE NEVER MENTIONED IN THERE
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by sweetrace(f): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
free2ryhme: @op there is no such thing as xtian boyfriend/girlfriend. There is no where in bible were any man/woman had a gf/bf and do u even know the true meaning of boyfriend/girlfriend it is called fvck mate. Check your dictionary. The bible emphasize marriage not premarital cohabitation.
1. a frequent or favorite female companion; sweetheart.
2. a female friend.
I got both definitions from a dictionary. Please, what dictionary did you get your own myopic definition from?
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by economia: 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Further complaints;

You havent read the bible because an evenly matched relationship between men and women is impossible according to scripture;

I CORINTHIANS
11:2-10… Woman created for man.
14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

EPHESIANS
5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.

COLOSSIANS
3:18 Wives submit to husbands.

I TIMOTHY
2:11-15 Woman must not have authority – she must be silent. Women can be saved with childbearing.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT POPULAR AND CAN NEVER BE POPULAR BECAUSE OF THESE AND MANY MORE BASED DUCTRINE, ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH IN NIGERIA BUT THESE BASED DUCTRINE ARE NEVER MENTIONED IN THERE. THEY HAVE CHOOSEN FOR THEMSELVES PROFETS THAT ARE NEVER CHRISTIANS. THE PROFETS TELL THEM WHAT THEY WHANT TO HERE. OFCOURSE, THE PROFETS HAVE NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST, THUS THEY FRAME UP SOMETHING THAT IS GENERALY ACCEPTABLE.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
sweetrace:
1. a frequent or favorite female companion; sweetheart.
2. a female friend.
I got both definitions from a dictionary. Please, what dictionary did you get your own myopic definition from?
let them be...the bitter ones are the male folks...I bet they never had that chance of making the right choices when it came to choosing a lifetime partner.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
economia: CHRISTIANITY IS NOT POPULAR AND CAN NEVER BE POPULAR BECAUSE OF THESE AND MANY MORE BASED DUCTRINE, ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH IN NIGERIA BUT THESE BASED DUCTRINE ARE NEVER MENTIONED IN THERE. THEY HAVE CHOOSEN FOR THEMSELVES PROFETS THAT ARE NEVER CHRISTIANS. THE PROFETS TELL THEM WHAT THEY WHANT TO HERE. OFCOURSE, THE PROFETS HAVE NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST, THUS THEY FRAME UP SOMETHING THAT IS GENERALY ACCEPTABLE.
your right because your talking about profets not PROPHETS
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by nbright: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
BABE!:
This topic is an example of the mistakes women (and men) make nowadays; putting God's responsibilities on a mare man. Are you yourself honest? Are you selfless? Do you read your bible 24/7?
You're not half as perfect as the man you crave yet you want him. Aren't you both humans with the same blood running through your capillaries ?

To the "born agains", how about perfecting your relationship/marriage with your God? All these marriage palava won't fix loneliness.

My Sister (?)... Thank you, this is what I try telling some so called "Christian born again" but they will start saying all sorts of things against me... God bless you
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
musKeeto: I have all those qualities, yet not xtian.. Imagine..

Hallo Hbg, how have u been?
muskeeto, i dnt even think u have any of those qualities. 4 ur qualities is mainly quantify by what comes out of u. Consider one of ur comment: Re: Adeboye Holds
Fellowship With Prisoners,
Guards At Kirikiri Maximum
Security Pri bymusKeeto(m):2:35pm On Dec 26,2012 Great move. He has to make
friends before he joins them.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
The christian guy must be good at bed to satisfy the pussy ok. Dont exclude that. Very important in a christian relationship.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Akseph: muskeeto, i dnt even think u have any of those qualities. 4 ur qualities is mainly quantify by what comes out of u. Consider one of ur comment: Re: Adeboye Holds
Fellowship With Prisoners,
Guards At Kirikiri Maximum
Security Pri bymusKeeto(m):2:35pm On Dec 26,2012 Great move. He has to make
friends before he joins them.

@ bolded so much said there. Thanks
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Orikinla(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=28pt]The sooner you stop looking for a Christian boyfriend or girlfriend in Nigeria the safer you would be. 99.99 of them who confess and profess to be Christians are worse than pagans.

It was a so called Christian brother and maths graduate of UNILAG who ra-ped a 17 year old girl and would have raped a popular celebrity gossip blogger.

Another Christian brother did not only ra-pe a Christian sister, he was also biting her as he was ra-ping her. And he was a banker. [/size]
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
BABE!:

I am not a preacher...but I know that the bible says we should first seek the kingdom of God and everything will be added. Again we should be holy because he is holy...can't explain this
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
hmm
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]The sooner you stop looking for a Christian boyfriend or girlfriend in Nigeria the safer you would be. 99.99 of them who confess and profess to be Christians are worse than pagans.

It was a so called Christian brother and maths graduate of UNILAG who ra-ped a 17 year old girl and would have raped a popular celebrity gossip blogger.

Another Christian brother did not only ra-pe a Christian sister, he was also biting her as he was ra-ping her. And he was a banker. [/size]
their actions will tell you who they are...they actually speak louder than words. You said they confess, they don't show
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
Havin read d above post and comments i wil want to give these word of advice to everyone dat is luking for a man or woman who have those character to get married to. Be careful u ar nt being carried away by those properties-they can be made by hypocrisy but let all ur desire b about God's kingdom and he will add evry oda things to u. For it was God who saw dat Adam needs a woman and nt adam who desire it. Let us stand in God's glory and we shall have what he want for us. Dnt let us b like d hypocrite who claim to be godly but is denied d power thereof. Dis is d end of d ages, men wil love themselves than God.
HUMBLEDBYGRACE THANK GOD FOR UR LIFE, MAY HE GIVE U MORE GRACE TO DO THIS NOT FOR URSELF BUT FOR HIM

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
omo_to_dun: ^
I am not a preacher either, but I know that the Bible says in Ephesians 5:24 that:

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Not one thing, but everything!
I don't think I ever mentioned a wife who disobeys her husband.
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by fdiva(f): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: With the questions arising on the religion section I thought this would be helpful for our brothers and sisters alike.

Pls forward these things to my email. Funkydiva4luv@yahoo.com. Thanks Alot

Source; http://oascentral.salemweb.net/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.gotquestions.org/questions_relationships.html/L20/851710509/Left1/SalemWeb/GQ-display_SWNHouse/324429_BST_Bread_160_ReadingPlans.jpg/58626f65635646536d49594142756b37?x
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Akseph: Havin read d above post and comments i wil want to give these word of advice to everyone dat is luking for a man or woman who have those character to get married to. Be careful u ar nt being carried away by those properties-they can be made by hypocrisy but let all ur desire b about God's kingdom and he will add evry oda things to u. For it was God who saw dat Adam needs a woman and nt adam who desire it. Let us stand in God's glory and we shall have what he want for us. Dnt let us b like d hypocrite who claim to be godly but is denied d power thereof. Dis is d end of d ages, men wil love themselves than God.
HUMBLEDBYGRACE THANK GOD FOR UR LIFE, MAY HE GIVE U MORE GRACE TO DO THIS NOT FOR URSELF BUT FOR HIM
Thank you brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle / Pastor Adeboye Announces 63-Day Fasting For RCCG 2021 / Throwback Photos Of Pastor Williams Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.