Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigerian Housewives - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Housewives (2351 Views)

Housewives:stop Tieing Wrappers In Your Matrimonial Homes / City Girls Vs Village Girls: Which Ones Makes The Best Housewives? / Is It True That The Ugly Girls Make The Best Housewives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2008
Housewives in Nigeria are yet to be remunerated by some husbands because they don't feel their work at home is[b] that[/b] valuable because it has no monetary reward. What is the best way to protect a housewife financially in case her husband decide to divorce her or take a second wife? Will you like Nigeria to make such laws that will either make housewives contribution at home equal to her husbands outside work that pays the bills?

Men: What about house husbands? will you sit tight at home and take care of the kids as a househusband especially if your wife is making more than you and both of you cannot afford a maid?
Re: Nigerian Housewives by babycool(f): 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
*sniff-sniff*

A whiff of Feminism here! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2008
This is not a problem in Nigeria only. Women all over the world have had or still have this same matter to deal with. However now Nigeria has more important issues to worry about. I suggest they start from the very foundation of every country to resolve these problems.

By the time we have adjusted our society with the proper education problems like these won't be common anymore.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2008
lo @babycool, no feminism abeg. Just that the efforts of women in that country are underated by most men.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
see wetin liberation and civilisation don cause. all these lifestyle we copy from the west no go help us at all.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Dreloaded(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
how about you stop copying their language first? Didirin
Re: Nigerian Housewives by sagitarius(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
Did I miss smthin?? lol
Re: Nigerian Housewives by adeboo(f): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
I feel that men should actually give their wives something (monetary wise) to at least keep and call their own.

I am so for that.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Bawss1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2008
No disrespect but they opted to be house wives didn't they? Otherwise they'd have found means to earn some an income no matter how meagre. . .

hotfunmi:

What is the best way to protect a housewife financially in case her husband decide to divorce her or take a second wife? Will you like Nigeria to make such laws that will either make housewives contribution at home equal to her husbands outside work that pays the bills?

I think making legislation on this issue will offer some help- in a mild way though. Will this happen in Nigeria, only time will tell
Re: Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2008
see wetin liberation and civilisation don cause. all these lifestyle we copy from the west no go help us at all.
Are you suggesting that we hold  on to laws made by our ancestors that never saw light? Why accept cell phones, cars, electricity but find it difficult to accept a process that will make life easier for our women? Lots of housewives have been used and tossed to the gutter in Nigeria because they work at home. Even the westerners change their laws from time to time to adjust to the changing times. Now, ask yourself why women should not be able to kick their husbands out of their home @ night if he indulges in adultery like men do to women that commit the same crime since they both own the house?
Re: Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2008
by Brawss
No disrespect but they opted to be house wives didn't they? Otherwise they'd have found means to earn some an income no matter how meagre.

Some of them became housewives on their husbands orders. I've met lots of women that really want to work and earn a living but their husbands insisted they should stay home only to come back with a second wife one year later and relegate the older wife to poverty with her kids. Some are kicked out from their homes and are still homeless after years of building a big business empire with their husbands.

I remember years ago when Lagos eminent divorce lawyer, Morenike Ransome Kuti wrote articles to educate women on how to protect themselves from being mistreated like this but our male dominated society shoved her under the carpet.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by zignor(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
One thing I like about Nigerian Housewives is that they are good in bed grin grin
Re: Nigerian Housewives by elpapi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
zignor u be agbaya
Re: Nigerian Housewives by zignor(m): 12:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
elpapi:

zignor u be agbaya

Really? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2008
hotfunmi:

Are you suggesting that we hold  on to laws made by our ancestors that never saw light? Why accept cell phones, cars, electricity but find it difficult to accept a process that will make life easier for our women? Lots of housewives have been used and tossed to the gutter in Nigeria because they work at home. Even the westerners change their laws from time to time to adjust to the changing times. Now, ask yourself why women should not be able to kick their husbands out of their home @ night if he indulges in adultery like men do to women that commit the same crime since they both own the house?

personally,im all for the man taking care of and handling all the bizniss which includes paying bills, making very last decision decisionor the important decision etc etc. this is how i was brought up. i saw and still see my dad handle his bizniss and others. times have changed.
if u thought i was against women liberation/civilisation then u thought wrong. im all for it but with a  'pinch of salt'.

men need to realise that women are now career minded
Re: Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 11:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
by omoibo
personally,im all for the man taking care of and handling all the bizniss which includes paying bills, making very last decision decisionor the important decision etc etc. this is how i was brought up. i saw and still see my dad handle his bizniss and others. times have changed.
if u thought i was against women liberation/civilisation then u thought wrong. im all for it but with a 'pinch of salt'.

Good.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Nella(f): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
Me!? - a house wife --- 4 wich planet??! no way baby!
Re: Nigerian Housewives by uspry1(f): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2008
OMO IBO:

if u thought i was against women liberation/civilisation then u thought wrong. im all for it but with a 'pinch of salt'.

WORD!!!!
Re: Nigerian Housewives by hotfunmi(f): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2008
Me!? - a house wife --- 4 wich planet??! no way baby!
What if condition permits that? may be you married Hakeem Olajuwon and his status will not allow you to go and seek employment, what will you do? or you had to move to France so your kids can go to school while your husband is busy chasing money up and down around the world. You never can tell.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by Nella(f): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2008
hotfunmi:

What if condition permits that? may be you married Hakeem Olajuwon and his status will not allow you to go and seek employment, what will you do? or you had to move to France so your kids can go to school while your husband is busy chasing money up and down around the world. You never can tell.

If there's one thing i'm personally very against - it's utter dependence on your husband! u have got to work! the highest thing is that when u deliver your kids u take a break 4rom work and when they r old enough u return to your work i seen people do it

nowadays that people divorce like shit, wht if that happens, where do u start looking 4 a job? --- and apart 4rom that - your husband can't treat u like shit if he knows that u don't completely depend on him.
Re: Nigerian Housewives by chychy(f): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2008
Nella:

If there's one thing i'm personally very against - it's utter dependence on your husband! u have got to work! the highest thing is that when u deliver your kids u take a break 4rom work and when they r old enough u return to your work i seen people do it

nowadays that people divorce like shit, wht if that happens, where do u start looking 4 a job? --- and apart 4rom that - your husband can't treat u like shit if he knows that u don't completely depend on him.

My thots exactly

(1) (Reply)

Miscarriage / Are You Dating A Married Man Or Woman?- Posted On Facebook / Should I Marry A Nigerian Guy When My Father Doesn't Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.