Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage (1458 Views)

When You Girlfriend Says She Is Not In The Mood But Sleeps Like Dis / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nuezha(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
The above-mentioned title may look funny but I tell you, it tears home apart like nothing else.
A man was told by his unhappy wife that she wasn't in the mood. The next thing that happened was that the man picked his car key and went out. He returned at 4am the next morning.
My questions now are:
Should the sentence be used in marriage?
If yes, when, how, and why (and maybe where)?
And should the asking be solely reserved for the Man/Woman?
And how should the statement be handled to save one's home?

SMH...........!
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
In a good marriage, partners understand and respect each other. Whenever, the man or woman are not in the mood they should say it. If your partner respects you, he or she will accept it without leaving the house for the night. If, however, one of the partners refuses sex too often then you have issues to work on.

2 Likes

Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nuezha(m): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
carefreewannabe: In a good marriage, partners understand and respect each other. Whenever, the man or woman are not in the mood they should say it. If your partner respects you, he or she will accept it without leaving the house for the night. If, however, one of the partners refuses sex too often then you have issues to work on.

Well said.
A popular scripture says
"the full soul loathes the honeycomb, but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet"
What that means is that the ground absorbs no water when saturated. Where is trust that someone is not cheating?
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by MrsChima(f): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
carefreewannabe: In a good marriage, partners understand and respect each other. Whenever, the man or woman are not in the mood they should say it. If your partner respects you, he or she will accept it without leaving the house for the night. If, however, one of the partners refuses sex too often then you have issues to work on.

True. Immature people who are not ready for marriage will use thst as an excuse to cheat....i dont u derstand how people can expect a partner to respect someone who would contaminate themselves and bring it home and possibly comtaminating their partners? I am for partners to request std and hiv test every three months because marriage doesnt prevenr cheating nor hiv infection. You have the right to protect yourself damn what anyone say. It is funny how the leading hiv infection reported by MARRIED BLACK WOMEN. strange huh?

1 Like

Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

True. Immature people who are not ready for marriage will use thst as an excuse to cheat....i dont u derstand how people can expect a partner to respect someone who would contaminate themselves and bring it home and possibly comtaminating their partners? I am for partners to request std and hiv test every three months because marriage doesnt prevenr cheating nor hiv infection. You have the right to protect yourself damn what anyone say. It is funny how the leading hiv infection reported by MARRIED BLACK WOMEN. strange huh?

I can't respect a man who is controlled by his peni.s.
The ideal case would be, you can trust your partner that much that you are not worried about him contaminating you with STDs. A man with dignity.
Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world.

1 Like

Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nuezha(m): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
STD? I think this is going a whole new dimension. Could that be a reason based just on suspicion?
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
Married couples should be able to respect the other parties views and opinion as it is not every time someone will be in the mood for sex. Sometimes, you won't just be in the mood cos you have other things on your mind but when this becomes regularly, they need to talk. And why should the guy get angry and walk out? He should have asked her what's wrong with her as she might be bothered about things he don't know about
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by goofie: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I can't respect a man who is controlled by his peni.s.
The ideal case would be, you can trust your partner that much that you are not worried about him contaminating you with STDs. A man with dignity.
Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world.

very true. many men say u shld be able to trust ur man whn dey know quite well dt d man cld be cheating. a friend of mine working in an HIV clinic in Nigeria said the percentage of married women with hiv is alarmimgly high.
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nuezha(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Married couples should be able to respect the other parties views and opinion as it is not every time someone will be in the mood for sex. Sometimes, you won't just be in the mood cos you have other things on your mind but when this becomes regularly, they need to talk. And why should the guy get angry and walk out? He should have asked her what's wrong with her as she might be bothered about things he don't know about
As much as I try to agree with you, a wife may tend to frame up 'absential' as a fall out of an earlier argument, or a turned down request and the likes.
This kind of "turn-down" may be unhealthy to marriages in the long run don't you think?
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nuezha: STD? I think this is going a whole new dimension. Could that be a reason based just on suspicion?

When someone creep outside the home...the likely of catching HIV/AIDS and STDs are higher. I wouldn't say it is suspicion but I would say that common sense would tell someone not to creep outside of their home without protection and common sense that revenge is a double edged sword.
Re: When Is "I'm Not In The Mood" Ucceptable/Acceptable In Marriage by Nuezha(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

When someone creep outside the home...the likely of catching HIV/AIDS and STDs are higher. I wouldn't say it is suspicion but I would say that common sense would tell someone not to creep outside of their home without protection and common sense that revenge is a double edged sword.
"revenge is a double edged sword"
Hmmmm...!

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Ask Him Out This Christmas? / Why Don't Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerians? / She Is Losing All Her Friends And Family Because Of Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.