Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25350 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by 2old4that(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2008
Whew! finally they are out now! Enough of too much prayers for them, now we can direct our prayers to something else.   grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by rexfx2: 8:23pm On Feb 03, 2008
whateva angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by lumargin: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2008
sad, but you have to admit Ghana was the better team. (sentiments aside)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2008
doyindamus:

AND WHEN GHANA COM SCORE, WHAT DID THE IDIOT DO-----HE DECIDED TO MAKE A CHANGE.

KAI NA GOD GO PUNISH AM angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

and his entire generation
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2008
Do YOU GUYS THINK VOGT CARES ABOUT THIS LOSS?? AS LONG AS HIS FAMILY IN GERMANY IS BEING TAKEN CARE OF WITH NIGERIA MONEY AND AS LONG GERMANY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE NIGERIA, HE COULD CARE LESS IF SOME NIGGAS LOSE A SOCCER GAME. NIGERIANS, AFRICANS CHANGE YOUR MENTALITY, PLEASE!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by PurestBoy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2008
Heyyyyyyyyyyy, I don die ooooooo, E gba mi ooo. Hunnn Gbese, Chei, what an heart attack. Somebody should please save me from this mess oooo.I don lose money oooo. Haba, Help me beg Emeka,Na my TUITION fees I take bet ooo.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by deor03(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
Sweet T:

Do YOU GUYS THINK VOGT CARES ABOUT THIS LOSS?? AS LONG AS HIS FAMILY IN GERMANY IS BEING TAKEN CARE OF WITH NIGERIA MONEY AND AS LONG GERMANY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE NIGERIA, HE COULD CARE LESS IF SOME NIGGAS LOSE A SOCCER GAME. NIGERIANS, AFRICANS CHANGE YOUR MENTALITY, PLEASE!!
@sweet T
If you were in his  shoes would you care? Me i won't. Sad enough there is very little we can do to terminate his contract till 2010.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by FBS: 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
someone said the super chickens tried,
when, how and in which match? haba we too dey play football now, even if we know get that much talent but please, there are 100 million other Nigerians that would have done better.
someone also said it is not as easy as it seems. ok oh, Who said life is easy in the first place? Look , to wear the jersey of your national team is a thing of pride and one should do everything possible to make ones country proud. This boys and Mr. Betti V has brought us nothing but embarrassment.

Wearing that green jersey with your name inscribed on the back is not a right but a privilege but they messed up BIG TIME!

The Whole board of NFA should go, Betti should return his salary paid and with percentage.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2008
@pURESTBOY

GOOD FOR EMEKA, IF I WERE HIM NA POLICE I GO TAKE ARREST YOUR DUMB ASS ! NEXT TIME YOUR STUPID ASS WILL NOT BET ON UNCERTAINTY, ESPECIALLY ON A TEAM THAT BARELY MADE IT TO THE SECOND ROUNDS.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dachamp(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2008
Whew! finally they are out now! Enough of too much prayers for them, now we can direct our prayers to something else.
lol no bi small, Ghanian team were far better with with ten men. Now those ppl comparing Mikel n Essien?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Gbosko: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2008
We shouldn't feel too disappointed. The super eagles is just a story of the life on Nigeria on display - trying to reap where you didn't sow and never learning from the past. The football administration is probably one of the worst in the world ( i.e by administration-per-capital-fund available) The gun battle  between the NFA and NFL had to put local football on hold from Jan 07 till some couple of months ago. While those selfish bastards were busy with power tussle everything else suffered. You may like to believe that NFA laxity shouldn't affect the team performance since most of the players are foreign based anyway- BIG LIE. The ease of the tree is the ease of the bird. Any player that dons Nigeria's colors is working for the NFA. If the NFA is not okay, then good results should not be expected, even if you put 11 Ronaldinhos on the field.
Oh Nigeria! When will you ever learn from your past? Nations cup 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and now,2008! Same problem! I dare say that the case of Nigeria remains hopeless till we put to good use experience derived from our past failures. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2008
cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2008
@dEOR03

tHAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT !! IMAGINE HOW SOMEBODY LIKE SIASIA WOULD HAVE FELT EVEN IF THEY LOSE ! AFRICANS WE NEED A CHANGE OF HEART !!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ochukoccna: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
How can You have the player advantage &  not make use of it especially when playing in a tournaments' knockout stage? I thought Christain Chukwu was tactically impotent but Vogts beats him hands down. Good thing we crashed out though seeing that legendary aura of invisibility Nigeria has built on the fire brigade approach took a big blow today. But will we still get it right seeing if Vogts goes, will our sport admins [i.e. the Gimba's& Sani Lulu's of this clime] shorn of vision follow him? NO! Will the Nigeria way of doing things change? Only time will tell but I've my doubts.To those screaming blue murder about bad officiating, We had the chance to point that out but only if we had won. If we protest now, we would be counted as bad losers. Who would side with you except fellow Nigerians? What after getting a penalty & an opposition player sent off. thank God for been beaten by Ghana. we would just have fumbled on. Strip your patriotic veil & ask yourself if you would invest precious time to watch & support the eagles every week if they were your premiership team? again, thank God for been beaten by Ghana seeing it's sports that unites us as a nation but politics not forgetting religion divides us like river Niger & Benue.

@ TOSHMAN, U carried your patriotism too far. U mean U bet almost 15,000 Gs on this CHICKENs?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by toshmann(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
sad £60.00 gone cry
no more betting on football
now i can face my studies embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2008
i cry cry cry for naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by hollirigth(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2008
This is the worst performance ever by any Nija squad, struggling with a 10-man team, Simply unbelievable. I expected to see martins or utaka when things were going bad, but they never use them. Mikel's style is too European, while the entire defense is in complete shamble and disarray. I only pity those very few players that actually put in their best for the team. To me, the caoch is totally confused and lost his sense and tactics, too bad for nija.

deor03:

for me the cause of the defeat is Vots. Yakubu became obviusly redundant around the 65th-70th minute. That was when he should have brought in Obafemi martins to pair up with uche. But the guy was just looking .

Eguaveon would have done better. It is just this problem with this[b] WHITE-MAN SYNDROME[/b].

Anyway, this defeat should teach the entire nation a lesson. Have you learn yours?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2008
` get a nigerian coach, send him abroad for some extensive training and let him take charge. he will care more if we lose or win !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by rexfx2: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
PurestBoy:

Heyyyyyyyyyyy, I don die ooooooo, E gba mi ooo. Hunnn Gbese, Chei, what an heart attack. Somebody should please save me from this mess oooo.I don lose money oooo. Haba, Help me beg Emeka,Na my TUITION fees I take bet ooo.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who send u message!!!

Ewu
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2008
Chai!!!!!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by PurestBoy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2008
Sweet T:

@pURESTBOY

GOOD FOR EMEKA, IF I WERE HIM NA POLICE I GO TAKE ARREST YOUR DUMB ASS ! NEXT TIME YOUR STUPID ASS WILL NOT BET ON UNCERTAINTY, ESPECIALLY ON A TEAM THAT BARELY MADE IT TO THE SECOND ROUNDS.

Haba Woman, woman, chei,you women are very heartless, I suspect this the way you will abadon your husband if things got worse for him. Is this the way you console a brother who's having an heartbreak and loss of money after disappointment? Chei, you are very wicked and unfriendly. Just imagine the insult, because of football. That shows the kind of backgroud you come from. I'm not the abusive type but I just believe I've not said anything that made me deserve your destructive insults.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by fromuk(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
What a fantastic performance from the SUPER EAGLES. I trust them to deliver and they did. Nwaneri was too comitted that all his chalenges was spot on.
Finally Nigeria 2, Ghana tongue
Vorts!!! What a GOOD coach. Please let them increase his alawi to £150k a week.
C'MON Eagles.
Nigeria Vs CIV finals thats my prediction.
Any Objection?
WAITING grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ochukoccna: 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
Sweet T:

` get a nigerian coach, send him abroad for some extensive training and let him take charge. he will care more if we lose or win !
 the problem with naija coaches na tribalism
Eguavoen said SHITTU was a future player when been pressured to call him up but Vogts used him .Same too as Ejide who gave a good account of himself inspite of our crashing out. if na naija coach, he no fit do that. they are too afraid to experiment and cant stand up to sport admin cabals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by 2old4that(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2008
THIS JUST IN:
The reason it seems prayers and all werent answered is because the sin of that man who slept with his son's wife is still hovering over this nation. We really need a total cleansing.  grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHAT DO YOU MEAN
WHAT DO YOU MEAN
WHAT DO YOU MEAN
WHAT DO YOU MEAN

FOOTBALL MADE IN GHANA
FOOTBALL MADE IN GHANA
FOOTBALL MADE IN GHANA
FOOTBALL MADE IN GHANA

WHAT HURTS ME IS WHEN NAIJA SCORED THE GOAL, THEY WERE DOING OUR STYLE.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
@pURESTBOY

GOOD FOR YOU, SINCE YOU CAME FROM A GOOD BACKGROUND YOUR MAMA SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU NOT TO BET A GAME. IT'S JUST A GAME, DUMBO !! NOW SIT OUT A SEMESTER BECAUSE OF SUPER CHICKEN !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by FBS: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
hem hem, let me just say something, vogts fumbled not because he is a white man, but because he is totally clueless. He is not a coach and he lacks tactics. Eguavon performed better. I cant remember if he actually lost any match while he was in charge.

so, guys, there is nothing like white-man syndrome and if there is, perhaps it is only the Sani Lulu etc and the whole bunch of NFA sycophants that are suffering from it.

I beg give that governor of , wetin be him name again, he was funding Eyinmba, I feel we would be better off.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamalaj(f): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2008
I dont know why u guys are being so irritating,we know the boys played woefully in thier last 3 games but as for today they played really well,the referee was just being too partial and his home side advantage thingy was just over played,we got a couple of free kicks that went the other way,and the last freekick we got there was an infringement on Yobo,but then again the evil referee over looked it,the guy should pray not to cross my path cos am going to put a bullet through his left eye and right knee.Talking about eyes,someone put a finger in Mikel's eye and he walks off a happy man with no card,na wa and i thought FIFA was about FAIR PLAY,wat do u call that?and Issa Hayatou sit down there dey laugh.Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2008
@OCHUKOCCNA

tRIBALISM OR NOT, A NIGERIAN WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGERIAN AND AN AFRICAN WILL ALWAYS BE AN AFRICAN !! BERTI VOGTS IS A GERMAN, PERIOD!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Olisehua: 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2008
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
DO YOU KNOW WHAT FOOTBALL IS?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A FOOTBALL NATION?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO PLAY A TWELVE MAN TEAM (INCLUDING REFEREE)?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO TAKE A PENALTY AGAINST A HOST NATION?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO EQUALIZE IN DYING MINUTE
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO SEND THE CAPTAIN (KEY DEFENDER) OUT BY RED CARD.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO SCORE THE WINNING GOAL?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE IN GHANA RIGHT NOW?

PLEASE, PACK UP AND HEAD FOR GHANA!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by FBS: 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
malamaj, you say wetin? the super fowls definitely do not deserve to go through, referee aside, the team is nothing but a joke, the sudanese team was even better. forget the fact that they conceded goals, grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

France Vs Poland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 : (3 - 1) On 4th December 2022 / Bayelsa Queens Fans Attack Sunshine Queens FC Players,Brutalise Them(pics) / 21 Cameroon U-17 Players Fail Age Test That Eto'o Ordered For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.