Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25276 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2008
@fbs

IT IS NOT JUST TRAINING PLAYERS THAT WIN GAMES, IT IS ALSO UNDERSTANDING AND BEING ABLE TO KNOW HOW THEY FEEL. AN AVERAGE WHITE MAN DOES NOT UNDERSTAND BLACK MEN IN THEIR OWN NATIONS NOT TO TALK OF THE ONES IN AFRICA. WE NEED A COACH THAT WILL BE ABLE TO MATCH PHYSICALITY WITH MENTALITY.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by PurestBoy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
Sweet T:

@pURESTBOY

GOOD FOR YOU, SINCE YOU CAME FROM A GOOD BACKGROUND YOUR MAMA SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU NOT TO BET A GAME. IT'S JUST A GAME, DUMBO !! NOW SIT OUT A SEMESTER BECAUSE OF SUPER CHICKEN !

You know what? I don't have time for people like you. You are a woman while am a man, I know you may say something more, I know your type in nairaland, to argue and to insult innocent contributors to topics. I love veery nairalanders, I belive I'm not accountable to you if I lose my tuition fees cos you're not my parent. Just learn how to talk, you have no right whatsoever to call me a dumb ass just because I expressed my feelings to a topic.

I believe you are married or you'll soon get married, please let's compose ourselves, am not among those nairalanders that abuse and insult, rather I will make a constructive argument.

I expect you to apologise because I see no reason why you (woman) should call me a dumb ass. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2008
Football is coming home
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by faketan(m): 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2008
all hail our super ducks
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by UFO1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2008
As far as am concern,the nations' cup as just ended!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by subice(m): 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2008
Those boys really messed up. Just watch how they go back to perform for their clubs. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by fromuk(m): 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2008
mamalaj:

I don't know why u guys are being so irritating,we know the boys played woefully in their last 3 games but as for today they played really well,the referee was just being too partial and his home side advantage thingy was just over played,we got a couple of free kicks that went the other way,and the last freekick we got there was an infringement on Yobo,but then again the evil referee over looked it,the guy should pray not to cross my path because am going to put a bullet through his left eye and right knee.Talking about eyes,someone put a finger in Mikel's eye and he walks off a happy man with no card,na wa and i thought FIFA was about FAIR PLAY,what do u call that?and Issa Hayatou sit down there dey laugh.Nonsense.
You are right bros, the ref was against us even the penalty he could'nt have given it if it did not happen twice. Anyway berti Vorts suppose dey Obodo Hithler now otherwise i will send ppl from NL  or OBJ sef to shagg devil comot from em wife body
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by doyindamus: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2008
WORTHY MENTION TO SHITTU ABEG. . . THE BOY TRY.

AND I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE A LIABILITY

ASSUMING OSAZE HAD PASSED THAT BALL TO HIM ONE TIME RATHER THAN GO FOR THE RED CARD
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by 2old4that(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
Football is coming home

Notwithstanding, the cup is still coming home to Nigeria.
Probably, we'll wisk it away into our flight when coming.  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
@pURESY

YOU ARE NOT ONLY A GAMBLER, BUT YOU CAN'T READ AS WELL. IF YOU CAN READ YOU WILL SEE THAT MY PROFILE SAYS THAT I AM A MAN ! I NOW SEE WHY YOU GAMBLE WITH YOUR TUITION ! VERY SMART INDEED, I WONDER WHAT YOUR GRADES IN SCHOOL LOOK LIKE. END OF ARGUMENT ! FACE YOUR STUDIES SCHOOL BOY AND LEAVE GAMBLING ALONE !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Danmasani(m): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
I call for the immediate sack of Nerti Vogts. Go back home u asshole!

The days of Yakubu, Kanu, Olofijana and all those old legs are over. Please Nigeria, focus on building a team with Eguavon, Amokachi and Siasia for 2010.

Finally please, Yar'adua and the National Assembly must do something with NFA. Ogunjobi et al must bow out now!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by UFO1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2008
A person who makes no mistakes, generally makes nothing.
was that a mistake ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Sarin(f): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry Eagles have suceeded in spoiling my monday. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2008
@sARIN

YOU LOOK SO HOTT FOR A 62 YR. OLD WOMAN. I'LL LIKE TO GET THEM DIGITS !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by fromuk(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
We lose match today u dey here dey look women profile. Please no take picture self-service abeg EWU
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by faketan(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2008
fromuk:

We lose match today u dey here dey look women profile. Please no take picture self-service abeg EWU
U lose match? really?

Who did u play against?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
@fROMUK

I DON'T GIVE RAT'S ASS ABOUT THEM CHICKEN LEGS ! SARIN IS A VERY GORGEOUS WOMAN AND A LOOK WILL CONVINCE YOU BABYBOY !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by DualCore1: 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Topic
YES lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Elgaxton(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2008
I'm tryin to imagine what it would look like if the referee had not awarded the free kick that gave Ghana there first goal grin grin

make una easy for the beef by the way tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by soccerchic(f): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2008
Aiight guys, IV Cost and Gui match in now on. Ivory cost is gonna make it to the final againist egypt grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by TheSly: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2008
whatever embarassed cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by deejay1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
it wuld av bein gd if we av lose 2 Benin it wuld av bein good coz losing 2 10man Ghana aint good @ all. fairplay Ghana av bein gettin sticks from ma Ghanian bruvz yo not good @ all
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by rman: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
Lack of Passion
Lack of skills
Lack of creativity
Lack of finishing

Clearly the worst eagles team in Naija history. Mind you it is the same set of players that couldn't qualify us for the world cup.

The team only has one player throughout the tournament, DANNY SHITTU!
To all Chelsea fans, Mikel is not a world class player.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by soccerchic(f): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
The nation cup has now began and May the BEST TEAm win   grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by soccerchic(f): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
GOALLLLLLLLLLL Ivory Cost 1, smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by odada(m): 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2008
Loosing the match against Ghana tonight didnt upset me 1 bit okay ,maybe a little?but the fact that we lost to a team that were a man down and we couldnt capitalise on it really ticked me off!

The officiating was by far biased,but trust Nigerians like myself inclusive to always look for a scape goat to blame it all on!!at the end of the day we lost and Ghana won and made it through.Its a good thing we lost to Ghana in the QF,how we made it there is still surprising me . . .so we shouldnt forget how we got to the QF?what should be on our minds now is how to avert a future embarrasment like this one

I pick CIV and Egypt for the finals,and I see the CIV lifting the cup cause I know they have got the potentials and are well determined cheesy cheesy

Like i have spoken sooooo much cause CIV just scored against Guinea now through Keita wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by rman: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
The worst eagles team in Naija history. They should send everyone out of that team except SHITTU and OSAZE

MIKEL is not a world class player

YAKUBU, and all the other strikers are poor.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Rawfacts: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
Its time we look at the real issues , is the NFA made up of competent people ? NO , did Nigeria really need a foreign coach ? NO , where lies the hunger and patriotism of all the characters that run our football i.e. officials (scramble over estacodes) and players (playing on conditions of pre-determined match bonuses) see ya
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Christino(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
Save for Obodo, Oruma, Ayila and Odiah who were absent due to obvious reasons, that's the best team Nigeria coulda emerged with.

All the departments were duly represented, unfortunately, we have overrated individuals who cannot play together as a team, who cannot fire from outside the 18 yard, who shoot at goal like they're poor in bed. . .

and above all, a retired coach receiving his pension, courtesy of Glo who felt they could do us a favour by hiring him.

Since 2000, few will argue that Nigeria's nation's cup performance has always been below par, just a strip of luck here and there and some individual plays. You hardly see 6 to 9 tip taps resulting in goals, no way.

Remember the team that went down 1-0 to Germany in Germany, remember the team that went down 1-0 to England @ Wembley? Above all, remember the team that lost to Italy in the USA - that is the team called the SUPER EAGLES.

Someday, the chickens will grow into fowls, then the fowls and with some genetal mutation, into eaglets and eagles, maybe next year, maybe next decade, maybe next life, but until then,

Home sweet home.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Uche2nna(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2008
This is not a matter of local vs foreign coach. It is the matter of A COACH. Nobody gives a damn where the coach comes from as far as u are competent. Ghana, Ivory coast et al are all tutored by foreigners. Even the English hired a foreign coach. That Berti Vogts failed does not translate to a judgement on all foreign coaches. After all the best spell we had in football was engineered by a foreigner.

The NFA , just like other parastatals in Naija, is a colossal failure. Sani Lulu should pack his bag and go home , of course with Berti. I dont know much about coachiong but I thot the logical thing to do when u are in a knock out stage and playin g against io men is to make the extra man count. I personally thot he should have brought in an extra attacker with instructions to help out in the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Mangod(m): 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
Heyyyyyyyyyyy, I don die ooooooo, E gba mi ooo. Hunnn Gbese, Chei, what an heart attack. Somebody should please save me from this mess oooo.I don lose money oooo. Haba, Help me beg Emeka,Na my TUITION fees I take bet ooo.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How much you bet self?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by IloveGhana: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
GHANA OSAAAYIEEEEE EEYIIEEEEE GHANA OOOOOOOO EEEHHHHH GHANA OOOOOO EEEE YIEEEEE

Boy, did Ghana just caused the disintegration of an entire Sports Ministry?
Ghana is too good for Nigeria. Its one thing to beat you but to beat you with less men is just phenomenal!!!

GO GHANA GO GHANA.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Slams Those Who Always Go To Clubs And Events / Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Peter Crouch Retires At 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.