Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25308 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by emmydee(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2008
am not surprised. d coach lacks it all.chose the wrong players in d first place. should b sacked immediately
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mahal(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2008
Guyz, Calm Down!, Nigeria and Guinea would play the 7th Place match, letz just pray we win! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by youngies(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
No matter how high the eagles may soar, they can touch the stars! - The difference is clear!

Lulu, Vogts and the Technical crew should be relieved of their posts effective immedietly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jejelolatu(f): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2008
youngies:

Lulu, Vogts and the Technical crew should be relieved of their posts effective immedietly.

that wont solve the problem but i guess thats a good place to start.
vogts is bereft of ideas.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by uchetobi(f): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2008
We should be grateful that Ghana dint flog us d way CIV flogged Guinea
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamalaj(f): 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2008
Fromuk wats up?guess wat? am not a guy am a girl,when u were responding to my response u addressed me as bro, anyways thanks for thinking am a guy but i prefer the girlish me. wink grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Bblak(f): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2008
Quite dissapointing.

Eagles have no future with Berti vogts, He should be sacked.

You can say that again ken.I hope they realise that early enough lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jejelolatu(f): 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2008
grateful/
nah, me thinks ghana as host nations shd be grateful we had such a bad team and a worse coaching crew.the ghana defence is porous, gyan cant score in front of an empty post,and aside agogos winning goal,shittu got the upper hand always.

the only good in the ghana team is essien,even when they were down 10men to 11 ,i bet essiens shirt was playing in the midfield while essien himself held the defence.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by adamugo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2008
Nigeria team always has a problem,there major problem is that they don't know how to reap the fruit of their labour,
sad sad sad they will work,at the end of the day nothing to show for it.
taiwo was standing with agogo but he was so docile to know that agogo has left him to score the goal.

berti should be sack with immediate effect grin grin grin grin
Lulu too
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2008
youngies:

No matter how high the eagles may soar, they can touch the stars! - The difference is clear!
grin  grin  grin  grin keep dreaming o tongue

uchetobi:

We should be grateful that Ghana dint flog us d way CIV flogged Guinea
we have mercy na tongue i told them i have thousands of nigerian friends so they'shd spare u guys grin tongue te heee heee. . . i zon zie tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by skyone(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2008
Berti Vorgt

The most useless football manager of all time. I will personally criticise him on google. Stupid, hopeless man.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jibitoye(m): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2008
If this happened in Colombia, Berti Vogts wouldn't dare return, as he would be shot!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Efuah

so you are married and you have a baby. Wow that's really nice. i wonder how that feels?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by skima(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
jibitoye:

If this happened in Colombia, Berti Vogts wouldn't dare return, as he would be shot!!!!

did u mean he would have been shot? another excober

the guys were not as hungry for victory as the Ghanians. Nwaneri as a flop, watch the dramatist draman perform drama right in front of him till the ball entered.

what a shame. I think they should leave the team intact. they need to readjust the defence .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by babycool(f): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2008
Chai!!! Efua, i owe you an apology! embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2008
skima:

Nwaneri as a flop, watch the dramatist draman perform drama right in front of him till the ball entered.

what a shame. I think they should leave the team intact. they need to readjust the defence .
May be Yobo should return to his right-back and we should look for another formidable central defender
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
We should think what to do with the coach. He must be flogged 200 strokes of cain on the ass with the players. Vogt is crazy and must be sanctioned for incompetence and money laundering
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by blackmann(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2008
the thing wey pain me pass be say e be like after the red card, Essien number 8 go center back and essien number 5 come replace am for midfield. Obinna come dey look sotay luku sef got jealous, and them come allow Vin Diesel from 3RD Division side Nottingham forest to score!!! UPON ALL DEM BIG-BOY STATUS!!! it's a shame.

And by the way, wey those people wey talk say na every 14 years naija go dey win nation's cup? your babalawos' predictions no come true. You had better go hold them before them take ya money waka comot town. that's if them never go sef grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by funmeme(f): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2008
its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed cry lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by funmeme(f): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed cry lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by gracebaby: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2008
Nigeria is finished.

Nigeria is not finished oooooooooooooh aba? because player loose match u come say Naija don finish. Take time
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamalaj(f): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
I love u guys,quick to run ur mouths when u have the chance,anyways what can i say than to say better luck next time (i.e next 2yrs)CIV and Ghana shud have their best laffs now cos after this competition,NO MORE MERCIES cool.We wud storm back stronger to take our rightful rank and position which is at the TOP wink kiss.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by DoubleN(m): 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2008
Shame!Shame!Shame! cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by eduboy1: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2008
I felt unhappy yesterday is an understatement. That Nigeria with all her stars could not beat Ghana even after sending away a player from the Ghanaian side. Well its a pity cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Gbosko: 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Mamalaj,

Dear Amala,

I am sorry for not adding a gender address - I wasn't sure if you are a male, female or an hermaphrodite. You believe all the good people speaking on this media are running their mouths? You also believe the super Eagles will bounce back stronger? That's good thing to the hearing of every Naijaman. Your bland statement about Super Eagles bouncing back will likely be based on one of the following-

1. FACTS : i.e facts about tangible improvements Nigerian  football administration, more Nigerian foreign base players seeing first team action rather than warming the bench for the most part of the season, stoppage in age cheating in Nigerian football and Nigeria being able to retain age group football superemacy after stopping age cheating, obvious signs of improvement in the Nigerian local football league, return of school sports and inter states football competitions, increased active participation of the private sector in football funding and so on. If you have these facts then you are OK to have said Nigeria will bounce back. However, comments from this column have shown that most Nigerians dont see this facts happening in the present or the nearest future. Which means your FACTS are wrong! Then any of the following two applies to your situation-

2. ASSUMPTION: i.e the principle of "E go better". While it's not bad to be optimistic, this kind of optimism is not realist because there is little in the present day football to show that "E go better" undecided

3. "NIGERIA IS THE BEST" SYNDROME: The statements associated with this sickness includes: "even if we no get coach we go still win" "Nigeria suppose win the world cup now-now" Nigeria has the best team in the universe" " God is on our side!" " Nigeria fit form 2teams wey fit win Nations cup"etc.

Analysing your problem with the above 3 situations, It can be said that you fall in category 3 cry. That makes you a fanatic and a dangerous person.
The fact is that 2000 - 2008, Nigeria slowly descended from Nations cup runners up to 1st round strugglers, We failed to qualify for world cup and Super Eagles received the heaviest defeat in 10years (4-1 bashing by Ghana. The last of such defeats  was 5-1 by holland b4 France 98)
I am sorry to say that you've not seen anything yet. If we fail to learn from the past 10years (as history have shown that Nigeria is a dullard at learning from its past. We started struggling big time after Atlanta 96, yet nothing has been learnt and no stable football system had evolved) we will descend further and Even Djibouti may come and beat us in Lagos (I thought I heard you say God forbid)
GBOSKO THE PROPHET HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sod4luv(m): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2008
tsew!!! dunno wht 2 say, cos if i talk volgts go jst die ni!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tommyex(m): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
May be Yobo should return to his right-back and we should look for another formidable central defender

Yobo doesnt play like a Centerback and Nwaneri was a fishling in the deep blue sea.it was obvious,The ghana coach was even 2slow to make that change.I saw Nwaneri was lost from the 3rd minute when he was carded for nervousness.
I dint feel hurt in our performancecos we were bound to go out sometime,because from the beginning i knew we dint have good players,I was just hoping we could do the team work thing like EgyptIts only CIV that can beat them,i wont miss that semi-final.
Its jus painful that we have the worst coach in the tournament,I hope 2 understand more on the contract d illitrate NFA has with him.
NFA is d main problem,most of the other white coaches in africa have good african experience but 9ja go different na fool them go employ because of the bribe he will give them.

As for me i have arsenal 2 go back to,my mind was half in Ghana2008,except that i love watching Egypt.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by elampiro(m): 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2008
In my opinion, Eagles stepped up their game against Ghana. I think they played well. In football anything can happen, particularly in a close tie between old rivals. It is not the first time a 10 man team is beating 11 players side. We should not also forget that the black stars of Ghana is a world cup team that has been together for sometime, same with CIV. Supereagles is building, and the experience from the tournament should serve as a foundation to build a solid eagles.

The super eagles that went to USA 94 was built over 5yrs by clemence westerhof. I do not see anything wrong with Berti Vogts. He is trying to build a new team. He re-invited Ejide, brought in Etuhu, Omorogbe, Uche, Nsofo(from Siasia U-23). Before settling for these players, he tested many others such that he had little time to blend the new players with the old ones as well as getting the entire team to play to a pattern.

The next step is for Nigerian to scount for natural wingers and more of young players to complement this team. Many friendly matches should be played to better blend the players. If Nigeria had defeated Ghana, the team's performance would have again be improved in the Semis.  

Football is like that. Don't forget that France did not score a goal in Korea/Japan 2002.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by bigold(f): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2008
Don't blame them, atlease they still try
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mykali(m): 10:32am On Feb 05, 2008
they are the worst eagles i`ve seen all my life.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Frando29(m): 10:37am On Feb 05, 2008
this thread is banned to non-nigerians, especially ghanaians. they should go and get their own thread and maybe name it cedisland or pesuwaland. They always give us the pleasure to pursue them from our territory. NOW GHANA MUST GO FROM THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by salinco(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2008
It was a sad end for the Eagles, but I only hope they learn from their mistakes. embarassed lipsrsealed shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012 / Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / Okoye, Iwobi Receive Death Threats After Eagles AFCON Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.