Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,327 members, 7,864,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (110766 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2011
usbcable:

but objectively I think he has moved the topic to messi being in same category as the previous legends of futbol

But we all agreed that was very premature.
For me, Messi has to do what the likes of Zidane, Maradona, and Pele did, at country level. He's done a lot at club level and is likely to do more. But he's got to lift the national team to glory. He'll have to wait for that though, as I don't see the current crop of Argies as being mentally in the right place to win stuff.

But for now, as far as European footie goes, he is superior to Ronaldo. It's not by banging in goals upon goals, else Ronaldo Da Lima would be recognised as the greatest player of all time. As it is, fat Ronaldo is mentioned only after the likes of Pele, Cryuff, Maradona, and Zidane. If Messi manages to win the World Cup, he'll probably be mentioned even before the Fat Man.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:29am On Jul 28, 2011
I knew someday all the cule freaks on NL will some day come to their senses and realise the truth you stated above.
messi is great but presently for barcelona only and not argentine Nacional team.
however i must say most times critics saying this out of their want(and not objective sincerity) to find a flaw with the midget. grin.

but I know someday the guy will achieve somfin with Argentina too.
until then nah barca schampion.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2011
^^
You know why people like us like Messi?
He is a player of an age long gone. Nowadays, most of you celebrate raw power over skill. Long ball over the top, big striker brings it down, shoves defence out of the way, and blasts it into the top corner of the net. Or the big man powers home a super header.

Messi isn't even playing as a top striker. The man can start and finish plays all by himself. Sort of like what made Zidane the beast he was at Juve and Madrid. And he's not even at his peak.
Plus, I don't agree that he always needs Xavi and Iniesta. One thing is to receive a good assist, the other is to know how to put it away. Just ask Mr Higuain grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Plus, I don't agree that he always needs Xavi and Iniesta. One thing is to receive a good assist, the other is to know how to put it away. Just ask Mr Higuain grin

he actually needs xavi and iniesta to do all he (and the team) does. A tree dont make the forest, remember?
and as for Higuain, SMH, no be ya fault. But i trust by the time he hones his skilss well barca / malaga/ sevilla/ valencia et al. will all beg for mercy.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2011
"The most expensive footballer in history may now be used to guarantee the solvency of a Spanish bank. “Ronaldo in the bailout fund,” headlines Süddeutsche Zeitung. The daily reports that the Bankia group of savings banks, which financed Real Madrid’s acquisition of the Portuguese player, is now seeking to borrow funds from the European Central Bank. In response to the ECB’s demand for guarantees, Bankio are putting up… Ronaldo and the Brazilian Kaka, who also plays for the Madrid football club. In 2009, Real borrowed 76.5 million euros to pay transfer fees of 100 millions euros to Manchester United, and 60 million to Milan AC."

“Could we see a situation in which the ECB seizes one of the players?“ wonders the Munich daily. “In theory, it is possible. Bankia would first have to become insolvent. Thereafter, Real would have to default on its loans, which are secured by advertising and television revenues. It goes without saying that Real Madrid is in debt to the tune of several million euros. However, in Spain football clubs have a history of obtaining publicly funded bailouts — just like the country’s banks.”
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^
and your point is?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^
Just underlines the monetary value of the player, if he is used as an asset to guarantee a loan.
Not bad at all. I wonder if these guys have their feet insured or something wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
its a dumb collateral IMO. except maybe there is more to the financial details than the german newspaper made public.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
I wonder if these guys have their feet insured or something wink

here's your answer:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204171/Real-Madrid-insure-Cristiano-Ronaldos-legs-90million.html
O'boy the bobo rish no be small shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
Emirates to sponsor Real Madrid over five seasons

Real Madrid and Emirates presented a new sponsorship deal for the next five years. The act was attended by Real Madrid President Florentino Perez; Salim Obaidalla, Emirates' Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations, Europe & Russian Federation; Boutros Boutros, Emirates' Divisional Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications; and twenty players of the first team squad.

The deal, announced at a press conference today at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, sees Emirates become a Partner and Official Airline to the club for the next five years.

THIS IS AWESOME.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^
Nice one.
These Arabs no dey take am easy at all. Now playing aggressively in sports.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
Check this out

England------Arsenal
Spain---------Real Madrid
Italy----------AC Milan
Germany----Hamburg

pitching tents in every major football country.

even read today some arab guys are looking into nigerian banking sector for investment purposes.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
usbcable:

Check this out

England------Arsenal
Italy----------AC Milan
Germany----Hamburg

even read today some arab guys are looking into nigerian banking sector for investment purposes.

Some of us are already working for them wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
hmm hmm,
AJ, I no mind jhoin o. and am serious angry
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^
Pledge allegiance to Barca first.
There is no other way. And I'm being serious here grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Pledge allegiance to Barca first.
There is no other way. And I'm being serious here grin

typical of a catalan, lie to achieve glory. sad

if you no want gimme kuku say, cry
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
usbcable:

typical of a catalan, lie to achieve glory. sad

if you no want gimme kuku say, cry

You no dey read paper niyen.
Shine ya eye. Or you think I just dey support Barca just like that?
LOL.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
angry
M HANGRY
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
usbcable:

Check this out

England------Arsenal
Italy----------AC Milan
Germany----Hamburg

They also sponsor PSG in France. Those guys are rich enough to sponsor all the teams in Europe without breaking a sweat. They're insanely rich.
Is it bye bye to Bwin or what asper your shirt sponsor? The contract with Bwin is supposed to be till 2013(20m p/a).
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
usbcable:

angry
M HANGRY

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Denounce Merengues grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2011
Guangzhou Evergrande 1 - 7 Real Madrid

grin
benzema 2 goals
CR,OZIL,jesse,DI MARIA-1 goal each
and
Khedira finally scores his first RM goal. cool
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Denounce Merengues grin

i laugh in boko haram.
hoinhoinhoinhoin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
that back heel from Ronnie was just cool.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by pkasso(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2011
"Jose Mourinho shows off some cool Usain Bolt moves as he tries to sprint away from hundreds of teeming Chinese Real Madrid fans chasing him!". grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
na lof cause am.lolz.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:53am On Aug 07, 2011
we've been scoring shi't loads of goals all through pre-season I hope when Aug. 14 comes, Benzema will still stay prolific as he has been all through the pre-season.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 6:03am On Aug 07, 2011
^^

Long time no see Bro, hope all is well and thanks for keeping it up here, been reading your comments and postings all these while.

I am hoping so too and believe we should make do with this squad without adding any more strikers. I am still looking to the players that will still have to leave the team for it to be trimmed down to the required squad. Sarabia just moved to getafe, canales is going to valencia while pedro leon will end up in any of getafe or valencia.

Morata, sarabia and canales are really doing fine with the youth teams of Spain and hope they will get better exposure this coming season especially canales.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2011
Canales scored a penalty against Australia yesterday. Spain won 5-1. Canales has scored two goals so far. The star of that team however has been our own Cristian Tello.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^
you miss road?
tello ko tella ni.
@pharoh,
missed your company here.
about canales, am happy he moving to valencia. Its better for his career than going back to racing. He will see ucl action with el che and also get to mingle with great ballers too. And the best part is we still have the chance to get hm back when we want.
About the striker stuff, coach says he wants another, so I guess we will still get one.
and that leaves us with either emma or cockerel head.
emma has finacial probs with city but cockerel head is pushing his status too far. But I foresee cockerel head coming in january.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
its also so nice seeing a lot of castilla players engaged in the mix.
nacho
mejias
jesse
jesus et al
and btw what's up with Lass?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Movicton(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2011
All football fans all over naija, dis is ibrahimovic, representin los blancos,
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2011
Movicton:

All football fans all over naija, dis is ibrahimovic, representin los blancos,
welcome on board.
and nice to have you on the thread. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.