Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (109933 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
chic2pimp:

Arguably the world's best left back ma foot. A left back that can not execute his primary role properly.

The guy is nothing more than a very good pacy midfielder. Left back? I no fit laugh.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

The guy is nothing more than a very good pacy midfielder. Left back? I no fit laugh.
O boy I tire ooo. Dude's positional sense is appalling. He is nothing but a glorified Left winger.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2011
medjai:

Why sign Contreao when you already have:
Marcelo(arguably, the world's best left-back)
Arbeloa(another quality left-back)
Nacho(young and decent back up)

Because marcelo is not a defender but he is okay going forward and supporting the attack, he is not even playing for Brazil anymore so i wonder how you made him one of the best left-back. Mourinho's dream four would be maicon, ramos, pepe/carvalho and contreao while abiol and arbeloa will be backup. Marcelo is okay against small teams but never good against quality and dangerous wingers like messi.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
No left-back in Europe came close to Marcelo in this just concluded season. He's shitty as a defender, agreed but he makes up for that with what he contributes going forward. 

He's Brazilian and a fullback. . . they're attackers more or less.
Pharoh:

Because marcelo is not a defender but he is okay going forward and supporting the attack, he is not even playing for Brazil anymore so i wonder how you made him one of the best left-back. Mourinho's dream four would be maicon, ramos, pepe/carvalho and contreao while abiol and arbeloa will be backup. Marcelo is okay against small teams but never good against quality and dangerous wingers like messi.

He'd have featured more often for the Seleccao but he got injured around the time Menezes called him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts ahead of Bastos in the coming Copa America.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
Marcelo is not just arguably but actually the left back for the last season.

what happened to the maxim the best form of defence is to attack.

he scores like a striker, his positioning has greatly improved and he creates loads of assists.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2011
Pharoh:

Marcelo is okay against small teams but never good against quality and dangerous wingers like messi.

examples are welcomed for the boldened. grin

he held his own against every other major team we played this season, even against barcelona, he performed better than last season.
and you cant blame him for the loss because against barca you defend as a pack and not individually which of course lead to messi's second goal.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
i even suspect a comspiracy.
why?
the noise about this transafer is just like the stupid noise about a maicon swap.
at the end no show happened.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by khanye(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
medjai:

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts ahead of Bastos in the coming Copa America.

He's not even on the 23 man list . . . .
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
You peeps should stop yarning opata jare. How can I player who does not know what the term "Defending" be classified as a good left back let alone a great one?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
Coentrao is ages better than Marcelo

Coentrao is the best LB in Europe right now
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 2:06am On Jun 09, 2011
usbcable:

i even suspect a comspiracy.
why?
the noise about this transafer is just like the silly noise about a maicon swap.
at the end no show happened.

I feel you but i guess the Portuguese factor, will suffice in this case, also mourinho really needs a good left and right back of its choice to get his perfect defense lineup. Maicon was too expensive in my opinion and inter never wanted to release any of their stars. This is why i think maybe sneider will not end up in the clubs bidding for him now and will thus remain with inter.
medjai:

No left-back in Europe came close to Marcelo in this just concluded season. He's shitty as a defender, agreed but he makes up for that with what he contributes going forward. 

Yes i really agree with you but he is not the only brazilian defender that goes forward, maicon, alves, roberto carlos and belletti also goes forward. Jose needs a compliment of the two ( going forward and defending) but more of the defense which in marcelo's case is the opposite.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2011
khanye:

He's not even on the 23 man list . . . .
Really shocking list. . . no Marcelo, no Bastos, no Kaka, no Hernanes, no Hulk, no Nilmar and the likes of Sandro, Fred are on the list shocked
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
Canales is not in the Spain U-21 squad for the Euro U-21 championship. No Madrid player in the squad
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
medjai:

Canales is not in the Spain U-21 squad for the Euro U-21 championship. No Madrid player in the squad

There's no U-21 player in Madrid this year that has had a good run, to be frank.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^ Yes but I thought Canales would have been able to force into the squad. He and Pacheco were the stars of last years U-19 championships when Spain finished 2nd and with all the hype around Moratta and Sarabia, I'm just surprised no Madrid player made the team.
Spain have got a very strong team with big timers like Martinez and Mata. Those boys are good enough to win the world cup.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2011
am not surprised with canales' exclusion, just sad @ it.
but for morata/sarabia that one pain me.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2011
@usbcable, I say make I salute my people ni o. how you dey? wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^
I kuku dey jare.

Hows your son and wifey?

I just only read comments nowadays on various threads.

Football world presently is filled with so many ridiculous and outright stupid news and fantasies (termed reports/rumors), so I just feel[i] umphf[/i] why comment over something this dumb.

when the preseason kicks off , ahah then i go start talk wella again. only heard Mou is on vacation right now.

@pharoh,
why stop the news reporting nah?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
usbcable:

@pharoh,
Because only Barcelona are in the news tongue
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^^
*smiling broadly*

and what is the news if I may ask:

sanchez's alledged deal that should have been sealed this past tuesday
or
the perenial news of cesc moving to barca and professor blocking the move or barca not having the financial muscle to deal
or
rosell's belated remark about drawing the dagger again if mourinho or perez should ever dare to speak again
or
jeffren/thiago comments of being viable for 1st team shirt that may never happen

or

lemme pause and take a breadth. grin

to me none of this is news but recycled waste rumor that is being circulated because some journalist is being chased around to produce something for the prints undecided its called target in nigerian (banking)parlance wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
and
for RM
I dont see any news in somebody cracking his brain over a coentrao deal that is inexplicable
or
somebody playing coach over a formation that is not gauranteed since the'' real'' Real madrid coach has not decided who stays or who leaves(temporal/permanente)
or
the continous ascertion that every tom d'ick and harry is coming to either real madrid or barcelona
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
usbcable:

and
for RM
I dont see any news in somebody cracking his brain over a coentrao deal that is inexplicable
or
somebody playing coach over a formation that is not gauranteed since the'' real'' Real madrid coach has not decided who stays or who leaves(temporal/permanente)
or
the continous ascertion that every tom d'ick and harry is coming to either real madrid or barcelona

Calm down bros,
Since there are no games, there must be something to discuss. Ain't that why we are fans?
Why do you think Concentrao is 'inexplicable'? I think he is a worthy addition to Real Madrid. Also the transfer sagas. I think every player these days want to come to either Real Madrid or Barcelona. The player trade is an important part of the game these days. Not solely what a player will bring to the field of play, but the trail of endorsements, shirt sales, and overall betting value these players bring.

I am thinking seriously about investing in footie these days, not just from the betting angle. It's bigger than the stock market. Just look at the EPL. Even in Naija, you can make a killing.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
A.J

o.k

make I kuku jhoin since i be fan grin

Like most folks we(me inclusive) read Goal dot com which is now goal dot lie alot.
and I just read them articles and think;
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, this dont make sense.coentrao on the right wing?
which reminds me, just like I and medjai noted marcelo was the best left back this season, but was unfortunately left out becuase the coch said he was ''indisciplined'' since he choose clubside over country in a friendly match.so that should make you all that felt the dude was dropped because he wasnt worth it.

more to come. catcha.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2011
usbcable:

^^^
I kuku dey jare.

Hows your son and wifey?

I just only read comments nowadays on various threads.

Football world presently is filled with so many ridiculous and outright silly news and fantasies (termed reports/rumors), so I just feel[i] umphf[/i]  why comment over something this dumb.

when the preseason kicks off , ahah then i go start talk wella again. only heard Mou is on vacation right now.

@pharoh,
I Thank God for both of them. Both are doing fine.
Yours?

Pre-season go soon start but meanwhile I sometimes keep busy following the youth tourneys.
Mou dey vacation, players are jollificating. . .we too suppose enjoy. abi?  cheesy
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
FBS:

I Thank God for both of them. Both are doing fine.
Yours?

She is fine.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
seems alll tha noise about coentrao has died
and seems that of neymar is settling down

now
they want to start another varane

this journalist sef grin

but his own case seems reasonable sha
unlike that of coentrao
and neymar that is very complicated.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
This year marks the fifth clash between both sides in the championship and the second with the Whites as defending champions of the Copa del Rey

Alberto Navarro / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Real Madrid have won all their previous meetings with Barcelona in the Spanish Super Cup. They first clashed in the championship back in 1988, resulting in the Madridistas' first title. They met again in 1990, 1993 and 1997.

When they met in 1988, Real Madrid were the defending league champions and Barcelona had recently won the Copa del Rey. The Whites won 2-0 at the Bernabeu in the first leg thanks to goals from Michel and Hugo Sanchez. They lost 2-1 at Camp Nou seven days later but nevertheless ran a victory lap at the eternal foe's stadium.

Their second meeting happened on 5 December 1990. Michel gave the Whites a 1-0 victory at Camp Nou in the first leg, and Aragon netted a 40-metre strike at the Bernabeu the following week, helping his side win 4-1.

Both sides clashed again in the championship in 1993. Alfonso (2) and Zamorano scored in the first leg in Madrid (3-1). The return match in Barcelona ended 1-1. It was the only time Real Madrid faced Barcelona in the Spanish Super Cup as defending champions of the Copa del Rey.

Their last meeting in the championship happened 14 years ago. Barcelona won the first leg at Camp Nou 2-1 on 20 August 1997, but the Whites fought back and defeated them 4-1 at the Bernabeu, taking the title yet again.

REAL MADRID vs. BARCELONA IN THE SPANISH SUPER CUP
YEAR MATCH R. MADRID GOAL SCORERS
R. Madrid 2-0 Barcelona Michel (52'), H. Sanchez (88')
Barcelona 2-1 R. Madrid Butragueño (15'), Baquero (45', 76')
Barcelona 0-1 R. Madrid Michel (54')
R. Madrid 4-1 Barcelona Butragueño (21', 44'), H. Sanchez (56'), Aragon (70')
R. Madrid 3-1 Barcelona Alfonso (35', 89'), Zamorano (55')
Barcelona 1-1 R. Madrid Zamorano (21')
Barcelona 2-1 R. Madrid Raul (5')
R. Madrid 4-1 Barcelona Raul (43', 54'), Mijatovic (59'), Seedorf (65')
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Orton10(m): 2:12am On Jun 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Coentrao is ages better than Marcelo

Coentrao is the best LB in Europe right now
Really??
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
just wondering how the new season will be with the new malaga team.

they seam to be very busy in the transafer market nowadays.

money is surely really very goooooooood grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
Orton1_0:

Really??

no mind them jare. angry
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2011
congrats to the young spaniards.
that thiago's goal was awesome.
but that wont change the cesc obsession for them. They have a promising player yet they want to spend 'big' to get cesc. Even though they are broke to make the 2 purchases together(sanchez and fabregas).
abi they dont have patience again to groom another xavi iniesta?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:32am On Jun 30, 2011
with the arrival of varane which makes more sense, i foresee the less likelihood of bringing in one coentrao.

funny this goal.com will never stop with one unverifiable report to another.

them don tire small sha with all them rumor on sanchez/fabregas/kaka/coentrao. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.