Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,295 members, 7,860,716 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:49 PM

Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him (1141 Views)

I Asked My Friend Out, Now Things Are Weird Between Us / See How This Lady I Travelled for dissappointed me / Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by blackmann(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2008
This is a narration from one of the girls in my office. I told her she had already lost out, but she doesnt want to accept. I'll sit back and let you mature minds sort this out. i'm sure something like this has been brought up before. Excerpts:-

[b]"Right now i'm so confused i don't know what to do. some years back, there was this guy i used to date while i was in school. We promised each other heaven and earth back then. I so much loved this guy, i couldn't do without seeing him everyday. then he was two years my senior in school.

When he went for his service, he was always calling me from camp, assuring me that he'll never leave me. i promised him nothing will ever come in-between us. this went on untill he finished his service year and he got a job in one computer firm in Abuja.

in 2006, while i was serving in Nassarawa, he always drove down to see me in keffi where i was posted and atimes he'll spend a nite or two with me. We usually kiss and cuddle, he sucking my naked breasts and erect nipples, but we never went as far as having sex. i made him promise that we'll keep ourselves intact till our wedding nite.

Towards xmas period in 2004, he got an admission to study his masters in an American university. the nite i heard, i was both happy and sad, happy cos my love had gotten somewhere which to improve himself, sad cos i'll not see him for about 3 years. the day he left, i almost cried my eyes out. he promised me he'll never forget me and that as soon as he was thru with his studies and gotten a job, he will come back for me.

things went on for a year. he called me about twice every week, telling me about how things were hard there. i also told him all what was happening to me down here, and as i had finished my service year and gotten a job, everyone was asking me when i'll get married. he pleaded with me to be a bit patient with him to finish his studies and secure a good job.

After about two years, his calls became fewer and fewer. Anytime he called, he was always like his work schedule was very tough and it left him with little or no time for himself. i told him that things weren't easy here for me either since my parents were pressurising me over when i'll get married. my friends too were all on my neck, and they concluded that if a guy cannot have time to call his own babe, then he was seeing someone else. they urged me to forget about him.

His calls continued to dwindle. it even came to a point that he didn't call me on my birthday. i was soo sad that day. all that while, my friends had been pestering me to forget about him as distance ruins relationships. they urged me to find someone else.

on this my birthday, when my boyfriend didn't call, i decided to stay at home. then one guy(a young handsome banker where i worked) came to my house and took me out. SOON WE STARTED DATING. gradually we became closer and closer, and it wasn't long before he popped the question and asked me to marry him. I agreed.

I gradually forgot about my former boyfriend, and anytime he called, i would not answer him like i used to. i guess he noticed my tone, cos he asked me what was going on, that he knew that he hadn't been calling as usual. i then said something that made him suspicious, he then asked "Natasha, or are you seeing someone else?" i started insulting him and i hung up on him. he tried calling back, but i refused to pick up.

My wedding was scheduled for 1st of March. I had already done the traditional marriage, but my fiance had to travel out of the country for a two week course, so we decided to have the white wedding when he came back. everything was gearing up to the D-day. my bridal train was ready, IVs had been sent out, and everyone was eagerly waiting for the day. But i had a bombshell last week friday. I was at work that day, and i was at my computer when one of the office staff called my extension line and said i had a visitor. I asked who it was and she said it was one very handsome man. thinking it was my future husband, i went downstairs. i was so shocked at whom i was seeing, my mouth just dropped open. There stood my former boyfriend all so handsome in the navy blue suit he wore. I knew i was in trouble. He stood up smiling and opened his arms for a hug. I never knew when i flew into his arms. I buried my face into his chest and burst into tears. he kept saying "baby it's okay, i'm here now. nothing will take us apart anymore".

We later went out for lunch and he told me all what went on while he was in school. he had graduated and was employed in a lucrative Computer firm in US, and that he wanted his arrival to be a surprise to me, that's why he didn't tell me he was coming.

Right now i don't know what to do. my wedding is about a month away now, my ex is back(will i call him my ex? we never broke up in the first place). He's been telling me that he'll want both of us to go back together when he's to resume work, ironically, on my wedding day!!!, and that he wants to go meet my parents to ask for my hand in marriage. I cannot bear telling him that i'll soon be someone else's wife in less than a month's time. Honestly, i don't think i can go on with my wedding anymore. I still love this guy, but what will i tell him? what can i do? PLEASE HELP ME cry!!!"
[/b]
Re: Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by blackmann(m): 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
Peeps over to u. I've already told her she F*cked up by allowing her friends pressure her into a relationship she'll later regret. She should have told her parents about her overseas guy. I would blame the guy a little too for not at least meeting the girl's parents(particularly her mom) before he left, at least to assure them that he was serious.
Re: Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by youngmayor(m): 1:04am On Feb 01, 2008
investigate thouroughly b4 you even shake hands with him , as a young mayor/proffesor of physcology, one will only remember old friends when the present one fail you or are against you, so i think you should spy/investigate/search<watever> what your ex was doing all those while , 1.how did he satisfy his sexual urge,especially after sucking on ur boobs , he would haVE LOVE TO FIND OUT HOW THE OTHER HALVE TASTED 2.think of it, what makes you so special that he traced you toreunite with you 3.i think nemesis caught up with him maybe when he was dating another girl 4.also dont throw urself at him even though you will accept him do it on the BIG GIRL'S level or else he will be thinking that he is so special or other men rejected you.

follow ur head not ur desires,

im a male <18-25>so no strings attached , like im not jelous of you i just feel you should know a part of he males mind, undecided
Re: Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:38am On Feb 01, 2008
The girl has no fault at all for her actions. he stopped contacting her, what was she suppose to do, keep waiting like a dummy.

she better tell the guy, that she is a married woman now. more over, how can she trust this guy who just swept back into her life, does she know if he is the same person that left years ago.

she better be careful and not do anything stupid.
Re: Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by baby4u2(f): 1:44am On Feb 01, 2008
is this story really true? anyway this girl/the girl should know what she is doiing. sometimes you cant be thinking of only ur feelings, what of other peoples feelings? after the traditional marriage you want to elope? except she/you are saying that the guy your about to get married to has not done enough for you to be with him. and pls what is the reason the so called ex that doesnt know he is an ex yet, stopped calling? thats why girls are described as chicken head sometimes. let her do/ or do what you pls, most of the time i think people really know the solutions to their so called problems.
Re: Please Help My Friend Out: She Was Promised But She Dissappointed Him by LordReed(m): 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2009
Men she's a married woman already o! She don do trad finish so all the parties involved have sanctioned the marriage. She has to let him know wat is on ground. She says she still loves him then she must be ready for the consequences of 'divorcing' her newly wed husband if she is sure she wants to be wit the 'ex'. As for me she should just forget him.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Text Message / Nigerias Most Eligible Bachelor Or Spinster / 3 Sure Shot Signs That A Girl Likes You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.