Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? (11901 Views)

How To Be Single And Happy / On Male Chauvinism / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
Does chauvinism generate successful and happy relationships?

There are loads of slobbering boys slithering all over Nairaland crying that feminism is the reason why relationships and marriages are failing. Even said feminism is the reason why a man upper cut a woman on the bus! undecided Now bear in mind...the lady spit on the driver after being told repeatedly to get off the bus. That is a classic example of ignorance to the tenth degree.

It is important that we know proper definitions of words we are going to use in our arguments because it can make us look like a fool. With that being said...chauvinism is when male group think they are superior/better than the female group.

Let compare the difference between chauvinism, feminism, misandry, and misogynism.

Chauvinism=(read the definition in bold) A man thinks that he is better than his female counterparts in every attributes and doesn't value her input. Is that something that you want in your relationship ladies?

Feminism=is an organized activity on women rights and interests. When did fighting for female-human rights is a lesbian and misandry event Why would a woman in her right man settle for less than equality when nothing in life is promised to her? what happens if the man dies and how would she support herself? You already see threads asking is it okay to date a widow?!! Come on!

Misandry=hatred for men (Misandrist do not interact nor have sexual relationship with men)

Misogynism-hatred for women (Misogynist do not interact nor have sexual relationship with women)

Now that we have the proper definition of all four words....does chauvinism generate successful and happy relationships?

Why do you think some men feel threatened by women knowing and fighting for their rights as human being? Do you think that it is the end of male superiority? Do you think low self esteem and lack of trust play a great part in failing relationships?

Does chauvinism generate successful and happy relationships....the point of the question is because some people are saying feminism is the reason why relationships are failing. Do you agree or disagree?
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lame question! Discombobulated analysis! How on earth do u think the belief in superiority of a particular gender over another will promote harmony in a r/ship...i marvel

3 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
chauvinism is excessive nationalism, nothing to do with machism or misogynism

3 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: Lame question! Discombobulated analysis! How on earth do u think the belief in superiority of a particular gender over another will promote harmony in a r/ship...i marvel

If it is a lame question...why did you wasted your free time resplnding and then answered the question dumb azz
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

If it is a lame question...why did you wasted your free time resplnding and then answered the question dumb azz

i dont blame roymary 4 calling u a stark illiterate...to make it worse,u refuse to learn. Oya,start barking at me like the stray dog that u are,b1tch...#amouttahere
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Mynd44: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmm. Nice analysis Mrs Chima.
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd_44: Hmmm. Nice analysis Mrs Chima.

Thanks suga.

Let me flick the cyber booger thats on this thread and spray my anti-hateraid for maximum comfort.
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: i dont blame roymary 4 calling u a stark illiterate...to make it worse,u refuse to learn. Oya,start barking at me like the stray dog that u are,b1tch...#amouttahere
Yes..i am a bad biatch that got your dumb azz still posting on this lame thread you called it. Buhhhhhhahahha.

Sucks to be you. Change back your other name..this name making you look like bleeding chick.
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2012

Agree smiley
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Agree smiley

Oh stop it! Muaaaah.

1 Like

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Mynd44: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
Now lemme put my head out there a lot of people will like to kill me for this but fûck this.
How can any sane person think the man is superior to the woman? It silly and I don't buy that bullshît. It might have worked in the past when physical strength is the biggest decided but the law of natural selection amongst humans have now need shifted from physical strength to mental one.

When is needed now is brain and how to use them which means that both the man and woman are equal.

Anyone who thinks the man has to be superior to the woman in a relationship is just being silly simple. Each of them has what they can and should bring to the table during dating and marriage. They should both work together to make it world and they are equal in suggestions and eventually decision making.

4 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by kenono(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
This thread is having a stunted growth cry
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Mynd44: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
kenono: This thread is having a stunted grwoth cry
lol
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd!!!! I think I just skeeted!
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Oh stop it! Muaaaah.

Thank you Mrs Chima.
I hope they get finally that feminism is not evil and does not aim at fighting ALL men but just aims at making sure that women can enjoy some rights. The right to vote, the right to receive a proper education, the right to decide what happens with their God given body etc.
It has had negative side-effects, too. I don't deny but who or what is perfect?

And I will always get angry when some people use the word feminist as an insult because my grandmothers fought hard for me to be able to receive education and other things I am free to have and our daughters will continue to have.

1 Like

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Mynd44: 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Mynd!!!! I think I just skeeted!
I hope I am still safe sha
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Agassa: 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

There are loads of slobbering boys slithering all over Nairaland crying that feminism is the reason why relationships and marriages are failing. Even said feminism is the reason why a man upper cut a woman on the bus! undecided Now bear in mind...the lady spit on the driver after being told repeatedly to get off the bus. That is a classic example of ignorance to the tenth degree.

It is important that we know proper definitions of words we are going to use in our arguments because it can make us look like a fool. With that being said...chauvinism is when male group think they are superior/better than the female group.

Let compare the difference between chauvinism, feminism, misandry, and misogynism.

Chauvinism=(read the definition in bold) A man thinks that he is better than his female counterparts in every attributes and doesn't value her input. Is that something that you want in your relationship ladies?

Feminism=is an organized activity on women rights and interests. When did fighting for female-human rights is a lesbian and misandry event Why would a woman in her right man settle for less than equality when nothing in life is promised to her? what happens if the man dies and how would she support herself? You already see threads asking is it okay to date a widow?!! Come on!

Misandry=hatred for men (Misandrist do not interact nor have sexual relationship with men)

Misogynism-hatred for women (Misogynist do not interact nor have sexual relationship with women)

Now that we have the proper definition of all four words....does chauvinism generate successful and happy relationships?

Why do you think some men feel threatened by women knowing and fighting for their rights as human being? Do you think that it is the end of male superiority? Do you think low self esteem and lack of trust play a great part in failing relationships?

Does chauvinism generate successful and happy relationships....the point of the question is because some people are saying feminism is the reason why relationships are failing. Do you agree or disagree?

Like seriously,are u married?(No pun intended)
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
Agassa:

What does the title Mrs imply to you? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Rhymez(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Draw a thin line between chauvinism and mysogynism. Nice post though cool
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by claremont(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I don't know of other cultures, but in Africa, I strongly think it does. Everyone would agree that our African culture covertly stipulates that a man should be the bread-winner of the home, this basically implies that the woman should be subservient to the man. This doesn't translate to the woman being a slave, what it means is that the woman recognizes that there are specific gender roles dictated by the culture we live in. There is a strong argument that the inability of the modern-day African woman to accept this fact is the reason why we have a high rate of marital failures today as compared to the days of our fore-fathers.

The modern-day African lady posits that in the days of yore, women were denied their rights by men. I would strongly argue that they were NOT denied their rights; but rather, they freely gave away their rights because firstly, it is a culturally acceptable practise, and secondly, they knew that giving away those rights is an ingredient necessary to have a stable home.

The African male is a chauvinistic bastard grin not because he wants to be so, but because culturally, chauvinism is a tried and tested strategy to maintain a relationship.

8 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Agassa: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

What does the title Mrs imply to you? Just asking.

....then,I guess u know d meaning of d word 'Alias'. Feel free,Google it.

1 Like

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Agassa: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2012

A$$-Kisser.lolz

3 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by pendo89(f): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
claremont:
I don't know of other cultures, but in Africa, I strongly think it does. Everyone would agree that our African culture covertly stipulates that a man should be the bread-winner of the home, this basically implies that the woman should be subservient to the man. This doesn't translate to the woman being a slave, what it means is that the woman recognizes that there are specific gender roles dictated by the culture we live in. There is a strong argument that the inability of the modern-day African woman to accept this fact is the reason why we have a high rate of marital failures today as compared to the days of our fore-fathers.

The modern-day African lady posits that in the days of yore, women were denied their rights by men. I would strongly argue that they were NOT denied their rights; but rather, they freely gave away their rights because firstly, it is a culturally acceptable practise, and secondly, they knew that giving away those rights is an ingredient necessary to have a stable home.

The African male is a chauvinistic bastard grin not because he wants to be so, but because culturally, chauvinism is a tried and tested strategy to maintain a relationship.

This is a very nice argument.You are good.
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by ay0201(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

IBON!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
WTF!
All dis plenty talk wen i neva chop nite food
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Mynd44: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Agassa:

A$$-Kisser.lolz
and that would make you what?
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Agassa:

A$$-Kisser.lolz
I didn't knw u noticed too
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
ay0201: IBON!!!!!!!!
lmao! Gboza,gboza!! I dey dogde the bullet since

2 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by 50calibre(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Male chauvinism is healthy for any relationship. The woman should acknowlege a man's God given superiority and not try to rub shoulder with him and in return a man should respect his wife/girlfriend's weakness and always try to dominate.

2 Likes

Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by seedord247(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Claremont... GBAM!!!!
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by 50calibre(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
claremont:

The modern-day African lady posits that in the days of yore, women were denied their rights by men. I would strongly argue that they were NOT denied their rights; but rather, they freely gave away their rights because firstly, it is a culturally acceptable practise, and
secondly, they knew that giving away those rights is an ingredient necessary to have a stable home.

Nice one! You have a good insight into the realities of the African culture.
Re: Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Agassa:

Are you stup1d?? No pun intended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Things That Make Women Addicted To You Like Crack NO 3 Is Very Important / 'my Baby Dont Need To Work' - See All I Bought For Her Enjoyment (photos) / This Professional Ghanaian Twerker Has The Biggest Butt In Africa (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.