Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What Did You Do To Your Car Today? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Did You Do To Your Car Today? (16977 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today / Can 200k Get Me A Car Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
skyfall: Thanks for the explanation. But what about sport cars like the MB SLS AMG which have different-sized front & rear wheels? How do they pull this off?

The MB SLS / AMG is RWD. Different-sized front and rear wheels will have no bearing on drive. Having the same wheel size front and rear only applies if all the wheels are driven, which in the case of the MB, they are not.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
still working with my SUV....some small changes again. took delivery of my Borla dual exit exhaust and i got them fixed almost immediately. thought it was a plug and play DIY job. most definitely wasn't, very minor mods anyway. this is what i did to my SUV today. now my SUV roars. shouldn't increase my fuel consumption i hope (i was actually told it wouldn't by the manufacturers), but would monitor its performance. for the kind of impressive sound i get from the roar, a few mpg off the expected wont be so bad after-all. lol...

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by lumideezle(m): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
pak: Well, I've been having this blinking D drive indicator - So I pulled out my diagnostic gadget and this error about 3rd pressure switch malfunction came up.

Took it to the mech guys late on Saturday and while he was still trying to fiddle, I told him I suspect that the 2nd or 3rd pressure might be malfunctioning since the gear was still shifting properly grin.

The guy whipped out his diagnostic tool, did a scan and also came up with the 3rd pressure switch issue. Boy, He must have been dazzled grin grin grin. he looked at me incredulously, thinking who's this car whiz coming to my shed for repairs. Anyway, to cut long story short. The guy must have been so impressed/struck that he told me the real price of the pressure switch.

Am on my way to have it fixed (couldn't do that on sat). I'll keep the house posted
Hello pls wats the name of your Diagnostic tool, how much can I get it and where ?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Got it re-badged with its trunk emblem
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
Costee: Got it re-badged with its trunk emblem
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
The pic
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2013
^No pic.
Maybe the size is too heavy?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2013
nissparts: ^No pic.
Maybe the size is too heavy?
Tried a 168kb size; it just wouldn't appear. My luck!
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2013
^^^ Host your pictures with www.photobucket.com It doesn't matter how big they are then, and you'll have no upload limits.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by MMotimo: 6:15am On Feb 25, 2013
Yesterday . . . . Scheduled maintenance at the dealership as well as an oil change
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by ceysaga: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2013
Bought a new air freshener: Lavender! smiley
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by 18wheeler: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Honda; 99 accord ex; auto tran.; i4 engine.
Had overheating issues when traveling from jos to yola 3 weeks ago. Culprit: water i topped up wit sometime back and a failed water pump. Had pump replaced n cooling system flushed/bled n fresh coolant refilled.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by MMotimo: 4:10am On Apr 14, 2013
Nothing . . . . . . but it sure needs to be washed and waxed
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2013
sawyerrola: still working with my SUV....some small changes again. took delivery of my Borla dual exit exhaust and i got them fixed almost immediately. thought it was a plug and play DIY job. most definitely wasn't, very minor mods anyway. this is what i did to my SUV today. now my SUV roars. shouldn't increase my fuel consumption i hope (i was actually told it wouldn't by the manufacturers), but would monitor its performance. for the kind of impressive sound i get from the roar, a few mpg off the expected wont be so bad after-all. lol...

so far so good. more works going on. gave my SUV a new face. led rings, full matte body. jet fighter switches!!! nice i must say. photo shoot in progress.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Very nice!!!
Where did you get the matte job done?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by omenka(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Please guys, what is the best kind of coolant to use on a 2001 honda accord. I've got no coolant in that compartment as we speak
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by omenka(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2013
And another thing. Please, if anyone has any idea how to resolve this issue, I wld very much appreciate it.

My temperature guage has been faulty since I bought this ride. Doesn't rise above zero at all. Have been to three electricians and non of them seem to have the faintest idea what the problem is. Even got a new guage, removed the entire clock, checked to see if the are any disconections, all fise seem to be intact, yet the problem remains unresolved.

Secondly, I feel this slight loss of power and an almost unnoticeable pull back opon drivin the car every mrnin. This happens for about 5mins after which it stops. Feels like the engine is being starved of some stuff intermitently and this shows on the rpm clock as the needle instead of rising smoothly as you accelerate, rather breaks slightly. Was told the problem lies in the fuel distribution system. Had the nozzles cleaned but problem persists. Now they say it is the fuel pump that is malfunctioning and that it's gotta be repleced. And sometimes when I start the car it jst goes off on its own after a coupla seconds. This doesn't happen when I rev the engine upon ignition though.

Anyone with any diferent ideas as to what the problem could be?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
nissparts: Very nice!!!
Where did you get the matte job done?

thanks boss. did in port harcourt.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by 9icetoo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
sawyerrola:

thanks boss. did in port harcourt.
Im interested in doing something like this to my ride too bro. Where did you do it in ph and for how much?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
9icetoo:
Im interested in doing something like this to my ride too bro. Where did you do it in ph and for how much?

i could send you their details by email. you can shoot me a mail on sawyerrola@yahoo.com
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by yungboss(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2013
sawyerrola:

i could send you their details by email. you can shoot me a mail on sawyerrola@yahoo.com
i'll send you an email.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by cretin: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
@sawyerolla..nice job on ur 4runner...it looks like plasti dip to me...is it?...such jobs cost as much as $600 in the usa...but the beauty of it is..you can remove it at any time..or change the colour of ur car to what ever u want...rock it for a while and revert back to the original colour..

borla exhaust!!...yeepa..thats a sweet one bro.....u must hv stood on shoulders of giants to hv become aware of such mods...led orion angel eyes, borla exhaust etc..........is ur trcuk 4wd? limited with xreas suspension?...try the body lift with bigger fatter tires..it will give ur truck a more aggresive stance.though if ur truck has xreas suspension system..then i wud advice you against doing such.

4runner meet.........you are invited to the next one! smiley

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
changed the oil and spark plugs myself couple of weeks ago...prefer doing such routine maintaince myself.....not a big fan of mechanics!!!!......
ordered clazzio custom seat covers, and blacked out hid projector assy for my truck.

the pic below is a retrofitted headlight assy........bad,a/s/s

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Marpol: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
@earthrealm, please where can I get the clazzio custom seat covers to buy in Lagos?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
cretin: @sawyerolla..nice job on ur 4runner...it looks like plasti dip to me...is it?...such jobs cost as much as $600 in the usa...but the beauty of it is..you can remove it at any time..or change the colour of ur car to what ever u want...rock it for a while and revert back to the original colour..

borla exhaust!!...yeepa..thats a sweet one bro.....u must hv stood on shoulders of giants to hv become aware of such mods...led orion angel eyes, borla exhaust etc..........is ur trcuk 4wd? limited with xreas suspension?...try the body lift with bigger fatter tires..it will give ur truck a more aggresive stance.though if ur truck has xreas suspension system..then i wud advice you against doing such.

4runner meet.........you are invited to the next one! smiley

@Cretin
thanks boss. i spent a lot of time on T4R forum and took Ilyas truck as my model truck. I loved his job. at first wanted to plasti dip so i can reverse if i don't like it, so i ordered a lot of spray cans. i tried first only grills, emblems and tires. They looked good (see pics below). But i decided to do a full matte permanent paint job this time. I just wanted a permanent stay since i liked it.
My time on T4R really paid off. Got all my idea from Ilyas truck and decided to give it a go one step at a time. Just for the love of the look i had to put all these mods on the budget immediately. And believe me, it's very well worth the price. The Borla exhaust is just da bomb! You need to hear the gentle roar. Couldn't ask for more!!!!!!...lol....
Yeah my truck is 4wd limited. I don't have the xreas suspension yet, next mod project is actually the CBI off-road bumpers, I just love the solid feel of the bumpers especially for 9ja taxi drivers...lol... at the moment I am having a hard time on agreeing shipping cost because of the weight but I hope to get that sorted soon.
I so so so wish I could attend the 4runner meet. In fact Earthrealm should start planning a 4runner meet here in 9ja and let's see how it goes, then a cross country drive (sorry partial cross country because we wont get to the north at least for now) would be so much fun.
Earthrealm please take note o!!!!!

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
earthrealm: changed the oil and spark plugs myself couple of weeks ago...prefer doing such routine maintaince myself.....not a big fan of mechanics!!!!......
ordered clazzio custom seat covers, and blacked out hid projector assy for my truck.

the pic below is a retrofitted headlight assy........bad,a/s/s

lovely lights. cant wait to start your project boss.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
wow...shipping the cbi bumpers from the usa will cost an arm n a leg!!!!.
would really love to hear the borla exhaust...everyone seems pretty excited about them on t4r...u hv really taken modding to a whole new level...really proud of you.

the 4runner meet thing would be gr8 though i hope the naija factor doesnt make a mess of the whole thing.....u know the nigerian mentality....arrrgh, am thinking starting a 4runner section on nairaland might be a good way to test the waters, n see how many memebrs hv 4runners.

ordered my decals from momo...expecting them sometime in aug!..lol yeah august...am shipping some stuff..including plasti dip 4 my wheels, my truck is galactic gray [iilyas color], so it already has the murdered out look, dipping the wheels and the blacked out projector angel eyes mod will wrap it up for me.......

see pics of the clazzios for the person who asked

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
you can order the clazzios from usa, ship it to an address in the usa, and then have a pal ship it down to nigeria for you...........or you could try shipping straight to nigeria...not my first choice

the beauty of the clazzios is that you can choose the color of the leather and thread to suit ur taste/ur interior colour.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
@sawyerrolla...the eyelids...where did u buy the m...@ the dipyourcar?...the carbon fiber sheet i see on amazon are not smooth as the one you used for the eyelids...so am kinda puzzled.

also r u aware that dipyourcar now have in stock metallic look plasti dip?...it really looks cool in pictures...wonder if its so great in real life
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2013
Sawyerr, what color are your rims?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
nissparts: Sawyerr, what color are your rims?

Boss, your guess is as good as mine.....full matte black.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drivers’ Education: The 5 Things Every Driver Should Know How To Do / Infiniti Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary With Edition 30 Models / Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.