Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Did You Do To Your Car Today? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Did You Do To Your Car Today? (16976 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today / Can 200k Get Me A Car Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
sawyerrola:

Boss, your guess is as good as mine.....full matte black.

Excellent
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2013
moderator, quit hiding posts.....some leeway is always given...not everypost wud conform 100% to the thread title!....jeeeez!

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by ceysaga: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
Changed my back shocks today. Considering I bought the car with a high mileage.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Today, i gave my SUV a stretch.......just to get the engine relaxed a bit.

Warning.....please and please don't try this (at home) if you don't have any of the following:

1) 15km of free way ahead of you without bends
2) 200% road visibility up to 5km
3) certified one owner vehicle of which you have the service history for the previous year
4) tires that are not more than 6 months old
5) seat-belts fastened properly
6) a heart of steel and liver of iron
7) very important, God on your side!

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
Impressive. Especially with the RPMs staying low. What engine size?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sawyerrola(m): 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
nissparts: Impressive. Especially with the RPMs staying low. What engine size?

thanks boss. its just a V6 4.0 engine size.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by yungboss(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
sawyerrola:

thanks boss. its just a V6 4.0 engine size.
v6 4.0, thought it was a V8, impressive for real, esspecially with the RPM display...
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by NumberOne2(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Wow nice one, I tried that once. Stopped at 160 with RPM at 4.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by danadam(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Changed engine oil and oil filter. Car was purchased two months ago and its her first service wit me. Got a message on the car's display indicating that 1.5 quart of engine oil should be added so I decided to do a complete oil change.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by earthrealm(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
was that a bmw or a benz...really interested in knowing such a 'smart car'
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by danadam(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2013
earthrealm: was that a bmw or a benz...really interested in knowing such a 'smart car'

A Benz, W203 aka C 320 4matic.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sultaan(m): 2:46am On Jul 24, 2013
Starter just die on Jeep today changing it right now

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by 9icetoo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
Toyota camry 2002
2.4 L
Auto Trans.

Transmission fluid and front wheel bearing change.

So i took my mech friend along to his former workshop and we got to work changing my old trans fluid and pouring in a new one. The old trans fluid wasn't smelling burnt or funny but had turned black and i could a slight hesitation from my gear when changing from one to two. We drained the old oil first. We loosened the sump. (was a it difficult cos of the position of some of the bolts. It had about 24 bolts. Damn. Got a lot of sand in my eyes while under the car. (mechs dey try sha). The sump had two magnets in it so i carefully marked the positions and took them out. They had metal filings on them obviously from trans wear.Some of the metal filings were slightly sizeable. . I hoped then than my trans wasn't on the way to going kaput. While i was doing that, my mech friend took out the filter and used fuel and carb and choke cleaner to wash out the oil and some more metal filing in the filter. He removed the o ring on the filter first though.
The gasket on the sump still looked good so we reused it and put a bit of gasket maker on it though just to be sure.
We refilled the trans with toyota type T IV trans oil which is what was recommended for my trans. It was even written clearly on the dip stick.

Next to be worked on was my bearings. My car has been howling like mad for a while now. It gets so noisy above sixty km an hour. Iniyially i tot it was the tyres but after swapping tyres and it didn't go away, i knew my bearings were shot.
So i went to my trusted toyota parts dealer (HEBO) and he gave me a pair of bearings for a sizeable sum. The dude emptied out my pocket. He told me it was worth it though and i know he wasn't lying. The dude deals on only genuine OEM parts. So i took my hubs to the blacksmiths to get the old bearing pressed out and the new ones pressed in. (i know hitting them in with hammers destroys them and i see many mechanics do it and it makes me cringe.
took the hubs back and installed it with my mech friend. Took longer than i tot. was by around eight but was happy with the work. Gear shift was smooth between one and two. Also the annoying hum was gone. Wish i could post pictures. The pictures just won't upload. undecided. guess the size is too big. My mech friend really enjoys the info i learn from here and share with him. thanks to ikenna, sienna, nissparts, yungboss and co, i can now teach mechs a thing or two. grin.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Gee2728(m): 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
W202 C230K, noticed so much dust on the radiator so I gave it a wash. Have not taken it for a spin yet so dnt know wat possible damage I may have done. Hope its not a bad idea?
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Gee2728(m): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Replaced my power steering and brake fluid 2day with oem fluid. So far have noticed slight differnce on the brake feel. Did nt cost much, each 1 liter cost #2000.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Gee2728(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
Changed my front grill.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
I treated my Audi Cabriolet to a good clean, so I could access the paintwork. I also took time to look at different colours, nothing's decided though.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
^^^ Nice ride . . . grin
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by r231(m): 11:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
Siena: I treated my Audi Cabriolet to a good clean, so I could access the paintwork. I also took time to look at different colours, nothing's decided though.

Wow...

Nice....didn't know they still make Audo 80s till 99
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Shagati(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Siena: I treated my Audi Cabriolet to a good clean, so I could access the paintwork. I also took time to look at different colours, nothing's decided though.

Hi Siena,
Do you know know anywhere in Lagos where this level of cleaning is offered?
Not just the regular steam wash and interior vacuuming but the works.

Long time. Hope all's well.

Shagati
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by nissparts(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Kinda strange you are asking someone residing in UK about where to get cleaning done on your car in Lagos.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2013
r231: Wow...

Nice....didn't know they still make Audo 80s till 99

The Audi Cabriolet was based on the B3/B4 Audi 80, just like the Audi Coupe was. But it's not an Audi 80, and bar the front end, has very little in common under the skin.

It was produced from 1992 - 2000.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Got my TPMS info display back to life.

Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by oddz(f): 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Use a Toyota Highlander 2002 model limited Edition noticed the VSC/check light come one one after the other. Ran a diagnostic test and am told the 02 sensor needs to be changed...anybody has an idea where i can have this done and done well as Nigerian mechs are know to mess up something else in the bid to fix another...help pls
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hey guys.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with sawyerrola? I sent him an email without reply. I'd like to know how he gets his plastidip...
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by sultaan(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Costee:
Got my TPMS info display back to life.

You tires should be 32psi you are over
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
sultaan:

You tires should be 32psi you are over
Nah. It's 33psi cold start. The psi would rise as you drive around, preferably not more than 5psi. As a rule, I try to keep below 40psi no matter how warm and the number of hours driven. What you have in the pic is not cold start, but the heat of the day after hours of driving. If I had 32psi when I took that pic the tpms light would come up because that means I have about 27psi or less---too low.
Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today? by ToniBlaize: 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
sawyerrola:

@Cretin
thanks boss. i spent a lot of time on T4R forum and took Ilyas truck as my model truck. I loved his job. at first wanted to plasti dip so i can reverse if i don't like it, so i ordered a lot of spray cans. i tried first only grills, emblems and tires. They looked good (see pics below). But i decided to do a full matte permanent paint job this time. I just wanted a permanent stay since i liked it.
My time on T4R really paid off. Got all my idea from Ilyas truck and decided to give it a go one step at a time. Just for the love of the look i had to put all these mods on the budget immediately. And believe me, it's very well worth the price. The Borla exhaust is just da bomb! You need to hear the gentle roar. Couldn't ask for more!!!!!!...lol....
Yeah my truck is 4wd limited. I don't have the xreas suspension yet, next mod project is actually the CBI off-road bumpers, I just love the solid feel of the bumpers especially for 9ja taxi drivers...lol... at the moment I am having a hard time on agreeing shipping cost because of the weight but I hope to get that sorted soon.
I so so so wish I could attend the 4runner meet. In fact Earthrealm should start planning a 4runner meet here in 9ja and let's see how it goes, then a cross country drive (sorry partial cross country because we wont get to the north at least for now) would be so much fun.
Earthrealm please take note o!!!!!

Bro nice job...there...i also have a few Mod list Lined up for mine..i just bought one from cars forsale.. 06 matte White.... I plan on changing the Stock Suspension i will remove the XREAS system and Run Fox 2.0 Shocks and Oldman EMU springs... Also might change the upper crontrol arm to allow more grip in cornering, I will will go Fuel Maverick or Fuel Contra Rims�..Stoptech drilled and Slotted Brake Set...
Custom taillights and Headlamps..LED And HID upgrade (high beam and low Beam respectively)LED fog lights and All round Tints..75%... Finally Gibson catback Exhaust with dual Side Exit... Or Magnaflow Exhaust...borla isn't so aggressive as The latter... Will run either Cooper Discovery Or Michelin KO2 ....too bad 4th gen models don't have much performance mods..the ideal stuff would have been a cold air intake and a Supercharger...TRD has For the 3rd Gen T4R, so does Maguson For the 5th Gen T4R but not for the 4th Gen...my interior moods will include carbond fibre Dash trim wrap with Rvynl wraps and Headunit upgrade..i love the JBL sound system already...i hope to post Picx soon..we can also Hook up sometime if you don't mind..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drivers’ Education: The 5 Things Every Driver Should Know How To Do / Infiniti Celebrates Its 30th Anniversary With Edition 30 Models / Benue Civil Servant Hawks Groundnuts To Survive Over Unpaid Salary. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.