Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,673 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129124 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by luuvv: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
sooperrescue post=116374s231:

Did you drain the oil before you put the new oil?
Yes I did, up to 4L was drained. The dipstick was not touching the oil before I drained it.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
luuvv:
Yes I did, up to 4L was drained. The dipstick was not touching the oil before I drained it.

4 litres is too small. Drain completely
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by luuvv: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2022
sooperrescue:

4 litres is too small. Drain completely
The oil was extremely low before draining. I'm not sure anything was left before filling
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Ikechy08: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Please what type of ATF can I use for HONDA ACCORD 2013 V6
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:08am On Sep 29, 2022
Ikechy08:
Please what type of ATF can I use for HONDA ACCORD 2013 V6

DW1. Honda Place is your best place to get it
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elninomufasa: 4:25am On Sep 30, 2022
Please what is the best gear oil to use for my honda city 2012.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:28am On Sep 30, 2022
Elninomufasa:
Please what is the best gear oil to use for my honda city 2012.
CVT or Dexron?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by 0Cisa(m): 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
Please help me.

My Camry 2011 jerks when changing gear. Mechanic said it's to change transmission fluid

1. Is he correct
2. Whats the best brand of transmission oil to use.
3. Please what's the best engine oil for Camry 2011
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ble01: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2022
Please, can anyone with experience on Hyundai santa Fe (2008) if this is the right ATF to use? I just bought the car a month ago tok.

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Treadway: 8:06am On Oct 20, 2022
ble01:
Please, can anyone with experience on Hyundai santa Fe (2008) if this is the right ATF to use? I just bought the car a month ago tok.

don't try it! I assure you if you use that crappy fluid, you will certainly damage your transmission. Your car calls for SPiii OR Dexron vi atf. I have it. It is 8k per litre. Quote if you're interested.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ble01: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Treadway:
don't try it! I assure you if you use that crappy fluid, you will certainly damage your transmission. Your car calls for SPiii OR Dexron vi atf. I have it. It is 8k per litre. WhatsApp link on my signature.

Thanks. Is the one from Total a good option too?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Treadway: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
ble01:

Thanks. Is the one from Total a good option too?
if you don't want the Hyundai ATF, you can buy the Total Fluidmatic MV/LV (Dexron vi) ATF... specifically that! Buy only from Total filling station so you are getting the original, preferably from a mega total station so there is the likelihood they will have it in stock. Be prepared to spend comparable amount.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
Treadway:
don't try it! I assure you if you use that crappy fluid, you will certainly damage your transmission. Your car calls for SPiii OR Dexron vi atf. I have it. It is 8k per litre. WhatsApp link on my signature.

Well done. Join me in letting them know. Flee from the red cans and you will have peace
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Treadway: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
sooperrescue:

Well done. Join me in letting them know. Flee from the red cans and you will have peace
death to the red cans..lol. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Sylvaxxl1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
Please what ATF can I use for 2002 odyssey as the ATF z1 ain't produced anymore
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sylvaxxl1:
Please what ATF can I use for 2002 odyssey as the ATF z1 ain't produced anymore

Total mvlv is the only equivalent to ATF Z1
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Sylvaxxl1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
sooperrescue:

Total mvlv is the only equivalent to ATF Z1
thanks for the reply... please where can I get it in Lagos
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
Sylvaxxl1:
thanks for the reply... please where can I get it in Lagos

Last time I checked, Total Alapere
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by TomiSwag(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hello Everyone
Please I use a 2008 Hyundai Tucson (Automatic)
Just this week I noticed the gear jerks.
I took it to my mechanic today and he said the ATF is low.
What the best ATF to use.
And I noticed that it's leaking out very slowly from the bottom.
What do you advice?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2022
TomiSwag:
Hello Everyone
Please I use a 2008 Hyundai Tucson (Automatic)
Just this week I noticed the gear jerks.
I took it to my mechanic today and he said the ATF is low.
What the best ATF to use.
And I noticed that it's leaking out very slowly from the bottom.
What do you advice?

Sp 111. Use Total MVLV

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by TomiSwag(m): 1:45am On Nov 13, 2022
sooperrescue:

Sp 111. Use Total MVLV

Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2022
Good morning. Please what ATF can I use for pontiac vibe 2006? It's Automatic transmission.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Treadway: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2022
TomiSwag:

Thanks
I have the Hyundai ATF in stock, if you haven't procured it yet. Pictures and info were previously posted up there.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by aghemwen(f): 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2022
Please, can I get pure guard CVT oil to buy in Benin City? I need it for my Honda city
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:59am On Nov 17, 2022
aghemwen:
Please, can I get pure guard CVT oil to buy in Benin City? I need it for my Honda city
I can get you Addinol cvt but from Lagos. I will send your number to the person that will sell it to you if you don’t mind
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by salbis(m): 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
royalicon:
Hi,
I just got a Toyota Avensis 2010 model with about 204,000km. I have not change the engine and transmission oil for about 4 weeks now.
I'm noticing the transmission is not picking fine early in the morning, until the engine temperature rises to about 3 bars.
Kindly advise on the best engine and transmission oil to use.
I'm available on whatsapp 0808 474 3322.
Thanks.
I just got my toyota avensis 2010 model. The fuel consumption is very high. About 15 litres covers only 100km urban driving. Please what's your experience? Do you experience high fuel consumption? Please share your experience.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by DUNKA(m): 6:00am On Jul 07, 2023
What is the recommended engine oil for automatic Peugeot 307.

I need the following information
1) engine oil
2) gear oil
3) power steering oil

The car is a 2008 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:51am On Jul 12, 2023
[quote author=DUNKA post=124264043]What is the recommended engine oil for automatic Peugeot 307.

I need the following information
1) engine oil
2) gear oil
3) power steering oil

The car is a 2008 model.[/quote

Gear oil or transmission fluid? Total has Q9000. That's the only oil still in the SN spec.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by DUNKA(m): 3:33am On Jul 15, 2023
[quote author=sooperrescue post=124366205][/quote] transmission fluid
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by DUNKA(m): 3:42am On Jul 15, 2023
Please advise engine oil and ATF for Toyota corolla 2006/2007 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
DUNKA:
Please advise engine oil and ATF for Toyota corolla 2006/2007 model.

Total mvlv for the gear oil. it is cheaper than type WS in gallon and there's a new oil in town, zeal engine oil. I have not used it but it has all the ingredients for Toyota cars
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
DUNKA:
transmission fluid

Mvlv Total

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.