Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (132730 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shiftmarket(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
Most Transmission fluids do not seem to write the type on their body.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Those fluids are the ones to be wary of. They dont even know what they are producing.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Gobi38: 3:23am On Apr 23, 2013
@ sooper rescue – Here is my transmission dilemma. I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan recently shipped from the US. When the minivan was cleared at the port and driven out it won’t shift into reverse. Its shifts to D (Drive), P (Park), but not R (Reverse).
Can your team help out, I can arrange for the minivan to be toll to your workshop. Below are the online answers I got when I goggled the issue:
“Some Chrysler transmissions, for example, can experience a "bump shift" condition. There is nothing wrong with the transmission, but the computer needs to be reprogrammed to recalibrate the shift points. In Chrysler three-speed automatics, changing the fluid to ATF+3 can also help eliminate harsh shifts. ATF-3, ATF-4 and Chrysler 7176 are the ONLY approved fluids
Some transmission problems may require "retraining" the computer. Chrysler TSB 18-24-95 describes the retraining procedure that allows the computer to relearn the correct shift points using the following procedures:
Disconnect the battery to erase the computer's memory.
Reconnect the battery and start the engine.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:57am On Apr 23, 2013
ATF 3+ is not Dexron 3. It is Dexron 6 compatible. Let me know when you are bringing it
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by hony(m): 3:34am On Apr 24, 2013
hello sir whats the ATF for lexus rx 300 2001 model
thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2013
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been on the road promoting my Be seen be safe campaign advocacy. Lexus uses TYP T-IV atf or better still, Dexron 6. Meet us at the Auto fair taking place at Federal Palace Hotel. We are selling the fluid at discounted prices at the fair
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Luuvvshola(m): 3:57pm On May 02, 2013
Thnx for all ur useful info on this thread. Plz l drive a toyota camry 1999. Can u help with d request below;
The ATF to use
The coolant to use
The engine oil to use
The brake oil, nd is 16 Rim tyre size ok my d car?
Tnx.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:10pm On May 02, 2013
Hmm. Thanks for the compliments. It is a new era for the repair industry. Your Toyota Camry 1999 uses Dexron 11/111. I will suggest you use Mobil ATF which is Dexron 11e or you can use our GARD dexron 111. Mobil is the only transmission fluid that is suitable for entry level dexron 11/111. All the others are not suitable for electronically controlled transmission. I will suggest Oando Engine oil for your car. The coolant in the market for toyota cars, reddish in colour with Toyota written boldly on the can. The brake oil, use Oando too or Total Dot 4. 16 inch tyres are ok if it came with the car. I know that the 16 inch is an aftermarket option but ensure that the tyres has temperature A written on them.But before changing the oil, check if there is sludge in your engine and flush it before putting new oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Luuvvshola(m): 2:52am On May 03, 2013
Honestly l cnt tnk u enough for ur priceless all important info am really grateful. Bt again how do I identify if there r sluge in my engine, coz I bought d car tokunbo goin to three month nw, changed d oil immediately l bought it. Nd for the tyres, it came with 14 alloy Rim but due to d roads in my area I wntd to raise it with d 16 Rim tyre. Waiting for ur response.

You r appreciated.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by atikubaba(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2013
thanks for the selfless service ur r rendering .please I use Mobil ATF for my 2003 Avalon,am I on the right path?if not what type of ATF would u recommend?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lacasa: 12:39am On May 04, 2013
Good day Sir, good work u'r doing here. smiley

i use a 2000 honda civic LX & a 2005 honda accord 4cyl ex, would like to know the suitable engine oil and ATF to go with for both cars.

Thank you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bravolad(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2013
@sooper rescuer, I must confess that your posts have been educating & immensely helpful. Impressively, you have responded to all enquiries. Kindly provide the specific location of your Abuja workshop. Some of us that live in Abuja can visit the workshop or direct friends who may have some of the challenges described herein.

Please keep this up.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2013
Thanks everyone. For your Avalon, you cannot use Mobil ATF. That is Dexron 11e. You will need Toyota Typ T1v atf or the dexron 6 atf. Transmission fluid flush is supposed to be done at every 15000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Doing so will make your car transmission to last longer without hassles.
For the Honda Civic, you should be careful as some of the brand use CVT, same oil like Murano and some uses ATFZ1 or Dexron 111. On the dipstick, if there is no CVT written on it, then use Dexron 111. For the accord, If you cant get ATFZ1, use Dexron 6, which exceeds the specification of the ATFZ1. Mind you that from 2010 Models of Honda, they now use DW1. As for the engine oil, any of our local brands are ok as long as you maintain the quarterly service interval and that there is no sludge in the engine.
Our Abuja service center is at TOS Douglas Crescent, opp Games Village main Gate. The banners will direct you to the workshop.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lacasa: 1:23am On May 05, 2013
@scooper, tnx for yr reply.

Can i get ur phone Lines in abuja ​ so​ i can call to inquire/order?

Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2013
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by GGInc: 6:41pm On May 20, 2013
hello,

pls what type of atf is the sold by oando and can it be used for honda cars.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2013
Oando sells Dexron 11d but I can authoritatively declare that OANDO is launching Dexron 111 before the end of the month. The synthetic engine oil blend of Oando is going to take over the lubricant market in Nigeria. I advise motorists to be on the look out for OANDO lubricants. MRS sells Dexron 111 too. But Honda cars requires ATFZ1 and the equivalent is Dexron 6. Dexron 111 is recommended for temporary use only and when Honda owners use Dexron 111 temporary, it might take a year or more. So stick to the oil required for the Honda. ATFZ1 or Dexron 6.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:22am On May 24, 2013
Dear All,
We are pleased to announce to you that from the month of June, we shall be operating from 5 outlets across Nigeria . Benin, Lagos, Abuja, Warri and Makurdi. Take advantage of these outlets as we promise to take away the headaches of car wahala at affordable rates. Locations will be given later today. Free Diagnostics for nairalanders.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:18am On May 27, 2013
Sorry for the delay. We will soon display the locations
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Benin: Oando SS at Iyaro and KM6, Makurdi: Oando at Kashim Ibrahim SS, Abuja: Oando SS near National Hospital, Lagos: Agege Bye pass by Mongoro, opp Guinness Road, thru Oba akran, Warri: Airport Road Junction. Same service, solving car related problems
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Take advantage of our offer at our locations

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ican2020: 4:49am On Jun 22, 2013
What is the best transmission fluid for Mercedes Benz V-Boot couple 300E
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dexron 111. Oando and MRS sells Dexron 111 or our pure guard dexron 111. Any other one is not ideal. But change your geear filter when flushing the transmission.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by OlaBolof(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2013
Please wot specification of atf should be used on a 2008 Volkswagen Passat?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
TL52162, G052 990,VW 5HP (18FL,19FL, 24A, 30), 6HP(1375.4), LT71141
• VW G-052-162-A1, A2, G-052-182-A2, G-055-025-A2
• VW G-052-533, G-052-990-A2
• VW TL 521 62, TL 52533.
These are all the specifications for VW transmission fluids and they are all suitable with Dexron 6 synthetic transmission fluid. We have them in large quantities.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bfire(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
How much is the synthetic Dexron V1
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2013
Call 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Ngutor(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2013
Do you stock Engine oils?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2013
No, But we sell OANDO Engine oils. They have synthetic oil that is comparable with Europe's Best oil
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Ngutor(m): 5:14am On Jun 29, 2013
sooper rescue: No, But we sell OANDO Engine oils. They have synthetic oil that is comparable with Europe's Best oil
Ok. Like which one. I have been to Oando stations- at least in makurdi- and have seen no synthetic oil. Tried finding out about your presence at Kashim Ibrahim road (Makurdi)but everyone seemed lost. Perhaps a contact person will help
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
Go there now and ask for the lube bay manager, Tochukwu and he will attend to you. Sorry for the inconvenience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Buy Your Cheap Clean Tokunbo Cars With Low Millage From Cotonou / Dear Sir/ma Buy Your Europe/American Clean and cheap Car From Cotonou / Direct Tokumbo Cars At A Cheaper Price: 2000 - 2014 Model Cars. Toyota, Honda,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.