Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die (8632 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Soldiers On Death Row Starved In Underground Cell —falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Maxymilliano(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2012
This Adam Oshiomole sure have way with words, you hardly find fault in his stance.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2012
kellystech: Y are u on death row if u dnt wanna die?

Epic Gbam!
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by andyanders: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Well, Adam has spoken well and I know that it pains to pass judgement of death on someone. Also, Amnesty International has spoken well, for Adams to tamper justice with Mercy. With this subject matter at hand, we must look into it judiciously.

But the pain here is, having the so called convicts known as animals, pick a lady, se-xually molested the harmless lady and killing her. Let me now ask, of what justification has he also to molest the lady and killing her and now asking for mercy? What of the parents/families of the woman killed? What of the children of the woman killed? Have you asked them their pains? Do you know also maybe that the parents of the young woman killed might have died as a result of the death of their loved ones?

Well, their is laws of the land and laws and punishment clearly stated. When you kill, you MUST DIE. What of the dead? Maybe the dead would have ended up one of the great leaders of this country.

I think they understood the repercussion of their actions and only pray for God's mercy to prevail as man has given his own judgment.Others like them should also learn that it is wrong for you to kill. The worst thing is to kill a woman after raping her. These animals will get to your house, ra=pe and kill your daughter or wife in your presence and when caught, they will start asking for mercy. I think this is wrong. Let them go and ask for mercy when they get to hell or heaven or whatever or wherever their spirit goes.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by jevic(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2012
Law of consequence, period.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2012
Instead of killing them,why not give them 99yrs imprisonment?
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by mcevans1(m): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2012
berem: Instead of killing them,why not give them 99yrs imprisonment?

That would be a waste of taxpayers money.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Femsyn(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2012
What does the law say?? Until the constitution is modified, pls no sentiments
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:08am On Nov 06, 2012
let the law take its full course.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 06, 2012
I'm not in support of the Death Penalty. Regardless of crimes committed, I don't agree humans have the right to terminate the life of others. I would rather leave that judgement to the Almighty.

Besides, death is a release from suffering and misery, and is hardly a deterrent. A 50-year-sentence to a 30-year-old man, with no option of parole is worse than death, especially in a Nigerian prison. The suffering will be endless, death will merely end their suffering. With a life sentence, one can never tell when the end shall come.

The anticipation of death, is worse than death itself.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by lifestyle1(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2012
Those of you saying they should be pardoned i will like you to put your selves in the shoes of the victims family undecided
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2012
Siena: I'm not in support of the Death Penalty. Regardless of crimes committed, I don't agree humans have the right to terminate the life of others. I would rather leave that judgement to the Almighty.

Besides, death is a release from suffering and misery, and is hardly a deterrent. A 50-year-sentence to a 30-year-old man, with no option of parole is worse than death, especially in a Nigerian prison. The suffering will be endless, death will merely end their suffering. With a life sentence, one can never tell when the end shall come.

I logged on just to like your comment. *logs off*
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Bambela(m): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2012
My Governor, is not today that I know you. Your strugle for betterment of our contry started long time ago when you where NLC president. Thank you for not allowing the so called Human Right Activist to rob you the constitutional duty you sworn on oath to protect as doing that would amount to legalising murder.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by mekaboy(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
I THINK WHEN SUCH PEOPLE ARE CAUGHT, TRIED AND FOUND GUILTY, THEY SHOULD BE SENT TO ALUU COMMUNITY IMMEDIATELY TO BE ALUU-LIZED. WHY KEEP THEM IN PRISION SINCE 1996
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Clemzy16(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2012
I'm in full support with oshio quake on this one. It is a bitter truth but those guys are heartless. They have to face the law. There is no two ways about it.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by CrazyMan(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2012
adahib: loving this... exactly what I would do.I hope they die by the electric chair
Electric chair won't work...cos there's no light in Edo state.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by mrkels(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2012
Oshio baba did you really say all these? Beautiful I'd say! Make amnesty international go siddon jor, why didn't they come out and say they shouldn't kill sadam heusien . Nonesense. What exactly are they fighting for? For the freedom of those men? Let them try it nau, na me go personally allulize the criminals! undecided
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
berem: Instead of killing them,why not give them 99yrs imprisonment?
Nigeria prison is over congested. no space. Also in the United State, murderers are sentence to death almost every other year. And nigeria we copy the United State. It is only in most european countries where death penalty has been abolish. United State of America, china, malaysia,indonesia etc still practice death penalty.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by stpat1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Good decision.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Siena: I'm not in support of the Death Penalty. Regardless of crimes committed, I don't agree humans have the right to terminate the life of others. I would rather leave that judgement to the Almighty.

Nigeria prison is congested.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by bknight: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
If they were caught redhanded beyond all reasonable doubts, then kill the morafkers full stop

angry

But again, make sure innocents are not sent to d gallows.

undecided
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by tunapawizzy: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
GOD BLESS ADAMS OSHIOMHOLE....IF U KILL, U DIE.....THIS SHOULDNT EVEN BE NEGOTIABLE....INFACT I THINK, THAT THE GOVERNOR CAN SHOW MERCY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM WHEREVER THAT SHITTTT WAS ENSHRINED IN OUR LAWS....IF U KILLL, U DIE, THEN GOD CAN HAVE MERCY ON U, BUT U HAVE TO DIE FIRST TO ACCESS THAT MERCY

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by tunapawizzy: 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2012

MY BROTHER WE CARE ABOUT RIDDING THE SOCIETY OF KILLERS ....WE SHOULDNT CARE IF DEATH PENALTY IS RELEASING MURDERERS FROM MISERY....WHAT MATTERS MOST IS FOR EVERY MURDERER EXECUTED, WE ARE 1 NUISANCE SHORT IN OUR SOCIETY, EVERY OTHER INTERPRETATION IS BY THE WAY
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by ZeusI: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
I suggest immediate confinement to the stake to face the volley of firing squad, should be applicable to every state in Nigeria after through confirmation by the court of competent jurisdiction. It will help to reduce jail conjestion and curb crime in Nigeria.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by ZeusI: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
I suggest immediate confinement to the stake to face the volley of firing squad, should be applicable to every state in Nigeria after through confirmation by the court of competent jurisdiction. It will help to reduce jail congestion and curb crime in Nigeria.
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Na man oshiomhole b! If na oga jona, e for don set up committee upon committee. Useless fisherman without common sandals! Oshobaba u too mch
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
ALL THESE SILLY AND HYPOCRITICAL NGO's SHOULD STOP PREACHING RUBBISH.IF THESE MURDERERS HAD KILLED YOUR CHILDREN OR RELATIVEs,WOULD YOU BE THERE TALKING RUBBISH THAT THEY SHOULD BE RELEASED,WHATEVER YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP.WHOEVER KILLS MUST DIE.LET NIGERIANS BE WISE AND STOPPED BEING FOOLED BY SOME FAKE NGO's.GOV,PLEASE GO AHEAD AND GIVE YOUR ACCENT SO THAT THE BASTARDS CAN BE DISGRACEFULLY EXECUTED

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Abbey2sam(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
If the law can not take it full course,then there is no need for the law.
As a matter of fact death sentence is even an easy way out for them

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by oilsuop: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
BOKO HARAMS ARE THEY INCLUDED sad sad
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by SELFWORTH: 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
They should die. It's just sad that they cannot die the same painful death their victims died. I wish them first class ticket speedy journey to HELL FIRE.

Horrible animals!
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by oderemo(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
don't always agree with the death penalty, but such prisoners shouldn't be released either. I'd prefer someone to stay imprisoned for say 25 years. Death is the easy way out. A life sentence is an easy way out as well as prisoners easily come to terms with dying in prison. Giving them a glimmer of hope is the worst in my opinion
thank GOd u are not the frigging government.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by SeanDre(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
tunapawizzy: GOD BLESS ADAMS OSHIOMHOLE....IF U KILL, U DIE.....THIS SHOULDNT EVEN BE NEGOTIABLE....INFACT I THINK, THAT THE GOVERNOR CAN SHOW MERCY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM WHEREVER THAT SHITTTT WAS ENSHRINED IN OUR LAWS....IF U KILLL, U DIE, THEN GOD CAN HAVE MERCY ON U, BUT U HAVE TO DIE FIRST TO ACCESS THAT MERCY

Exactly my thoughts! Why one earth should govs hav power to hold back justice delivery? Once a criminal has exhausted all his appeals up to the supreme court and the penalty remains death then send them to the gallows or the firing range!
If you have ever witnessed any of their attacks you won't pity them!

Imo the death warrant signing should be left to the courts and not politicians who are not bold enough to enforce the law. The constitution review should consider this and also the removal of immunity clause for criminal offences. Immunity clause could work for civil cases to avoid distrations but not for criminal charges against govs!
Btw 3gbosas to Gov. Oshiomole
Re: Oshiomhole - Death-Row Convicts Must Die by Wsdm: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Is it not a fact that the so-called amnesty international covertly supported by the Americans are encomium with the truth? Here are some few questions for them: why did'nt they compel the Iraqi judge to grant amnesty to Saddam Hussein? Why did they kill Ghadafi, or amnesty was not in existence at the time? Why did they invade several countries using death as the only campaign of subduing people? Why was the secretary of state ( Hillary Clinton) saying that Asad of Syria must die? Why are they planning to invade Iran now using Israel as a puppet? Are all these not unnecessary blood bath from the most world acclaimed amnesty proponent? They should please keep their amnesty plea to their selves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria / Gov. Fayose Was Been Tear Gas And He Slumped / "No Diaspora IDP Voting In 2019 General Elections." - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.