Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? (16048 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / Customs Officers' Residential Quarters In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by ak47mann(m): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2012
ACM10: I saw Anambra State Univ. Teaching Hospital(ANSUTH) under construction @ Awka. Kudos to Obi administration. Though it's not an architectural masterpiece, but it's a light years ahead of the glorified general hospital called NAUTH @ Nnewi. I will try to snap pictures of it next time.

Work is also ongoing @ old Enugu-Osha rd. from Nkpor to Awka. Even though the quality of the work is below standard. It is still a welcome development and a step in the right direction. I noticed that most of the heavy vehicle ply that route to avoid expressway, which is in a very poor state.
I commend Obi administration for their effort. Though I'm not Obi's fan.
ANAMBRA state revenue has gone up sententiously from oil export we are talking close to 10 billion naira monthly couple with other revenues that comes from main market onitsha,nkpor new parts,pharmaceutical market head bridge,nnewi new parts and old parts etc is getting better....
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by chino11(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2012
ACM10: I saw Anambra State Univ. Teaching Hospital(ANSUTH) under construction @ Awka. Kudos to Obi administration. Though it's not an architectural masterpiece, but it's a light years ahead of the glorified general hospital called NAUTH @ Nnewi. I will try to snap pictures of it next time.

Work is also ongoing @ old Enugu-Osha rd. from Nkpor to Awka. Even though the quality of the work is below standard. It is still a welcome development and a step in the right direction. I noticed that most of the heavy vehicle ply that route to avoid expressway, which is in a very poor state.
I commend Obi administration for their effort. Though I'm not Obi's fan.

ANSUTH, Awka is world class. And for NAUTH, where they are at the moment is just the temporary site. Their permanent site am sure is nearing completion. Hopefully they will move to to the magnificent site real soon.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by chino11(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2012
billante:

@chino what is the level of progress of work at the LG-Anids Entertainment center at awka or has it been abandoned?

By d way, nice work going on at the GRA onitsha project...dats a massive project! Hope it will be completed on schedule

Work at the LG-Anids Entertainment center in Awka has reached advanced stage and its still on-going, because its a massive project being done by LG giant of Korea. Maybe I will soon pass the site and get some snap shots for your consumption. Its a site to behold, it will change the entertainment and hospitality industry for good.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2012
chino11:

Work at the LG-Anids Entertainment center in Awka has reached advanced stage and its still on-going, because its a massive project being done by LG giant of Korea. Maybe I will soon pass the site and get some snap shots for your consumption. Its a site to behold, it will change the entertainment and hospitality industry for good.
This will really be great for Awka...i'm earnestly awaiting the pictures.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by chino11(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2012
^

Hmmmmm

Still in shock for sudden interest. undecided
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by billante(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
chino11:

Pls do get d pictures,i Would love to see
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
chino11: ^

Hmmmmm

Still in shock for sudden interest. undecided
Any development in Igboland tickles my fancy.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by achi4u(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Chino I realy love the way you're updating us with the latest happening in anambra state and its enviro.
what is the 'social life' in Anambra state like(mostly night life life)

thank you.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by chino11(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
billante:

Pls do get d pictures,i Would love to see

This link below will give you idea of how massive the project is..

Will make out time over the weekend to visit the site for appraisal..

http://lganidsmall.com/index.html
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva:
This will really be great for Awka...i'm earnestly awaiting the pictures.

^^^The thing i've noticed is that Anambra peeps online aren't that interested (unlike Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Rivers peeps) in selling themselves on social media like this and skyscrapercity.com; there's some big projects going on by either individual effort or the state gov't but you'd hardly know; if not for the pics posted the other day on the huge hotel project being built at GRA Onitsha (which has reached an advanced stage going by the pics posted) we wouldn't have known it even existed.....but if this was being built in Uyo or Lagos you would have seen details if it here and on skyscrapercity, with renders and updates.

Another thing i'd like to see is more world-class real-estate in cities like Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi; was watching Ifeanyi Ubas' interview on AIT this morning and he was talking of the housing estate he constructed in Lagos (Danmole street i think it was undecided) winning an award and he talked of his landed property on Banana Island as well; i appreciate that he's a business man and goes where he can maximise profit.....but if all high networth umuigbo reason like this then what chance do our cities have to progress?; we have to set the ball rolling and create some traction b/4 others will be tempted to come in and invest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by chino11(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
achi4u: Chino I realy love the way you're updating us with the latest happening in anambra state and its enviro.
what is the 'social life' in Anambra state like(mostly night life life)

thank you.

Nite life particularly in Awka is WOW.. cheesy

Hospitality industry has brought so much fun and relaxation for Onitsha and Nnewi boys who storm Awka on weekend basis beginning from friday nites to chop cash.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by OreMI22: 12:14am On Sep 28, 2014
what is the conclusion
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by MYGFGSGH: 1:06am On Oct 26, 2016
AWKAMADEGUN:

Who told you that there is no ideal and good governance in Anambra state? Is it in your WAWA enugu state that there is ideal government? Stop being deceived by what your governor is doing because he hasn't even done 1/5th of roads done by Peter Obi state-wide.

I know you have not outlived your phobia for anything Anambra..? Well I will soon descend on you badly like Okija_juju did last time
Must you always display your AGBA-ENU Anambra mentality in every issue?
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by o42austino(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2016
friedrice1:
Only Onitsha could boast of a concentration of tall residential buildings with most of them
barely 1.8 meters apart from each other. no other SE states has such concentration.
Enugu has many tall buildings of three to six story building,the only place we build duplex is some parts in new heaven, I dependent layout(You will still see tall buildings here), GRA(You will see some tall buildings here).

Am Igbo man believes In conservation of Land, if ur building a duplex or bungalow peps tends to look at you as land waster and we view tall buildings as been economical viable because of the rant you will collect.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by o42austino(m): 7:46am On Oct 26, 2016
Abagworo:
Why can't these roads be in Aba or Onitsha?
That's Enugu
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2016
o42austino:
Enugu has many tall buildings of three to six story building,the only place we build duplex is some parts in new heaven, I dependent layout(You will still see tall buildings here), GRA(You will see some tall buildings here).
Am Igbo man believes In conservation of Land, if ur building a duplex or bungalow peps tends to look at you as land waster and we view tall buildings as been economical viable because of the rant you will collect.

Tell them bro, we do it tall and taller here.... I am building this one now, and I have many others being built I Owerri and Umuahia. We love tall buildings in the south east. More tall buildings construction here http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1

Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by orisa37: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
They build on their Legacies. You don't just attack one Household but many as the Skyscrapers contain.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by spyder880(m): 5:11am On Oct 28, 2016
braden108:
which of these do you guys use for your 5 storeys , steel rod or steel beam?

Steel rods, according to the specification in the building plans.
Re: Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? by Emmanuelakpan23: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
if I talk now you will say you don't want intellectual mud challenge.where did the poster mention Lagos not to talk of southwest? We are talking of SE states and not SW.Moreover,why is it Lagos all the time? Are there no other tall buildings in the SW apart from lagos? This boasting don too much I swear.
Now don't bother to quote me cos I believe you have read this!
but let me tell you guys sometime it is not all about the tall buildings it Is about the beauty, first how many countries of the world has highrise building they are just few, like ISA, Dubai,Qatar,Canada, but Italy, Russia, London have few skyscraper, and also too much of sky scrapper is not good
(1) it cause damage to land
(2) if you want to renovate is another problem

So that is what I don't love skyscraper much, atleast you can build skyscraper facing the ocean and some few skyscraper in the middle of the city, not all those houses be call tall buildings that are ancient of days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust / Buhari's Affordable Housing Schemes Will Turn Tenants To Home Owners - Shehu / Shettima Building Plastic Recycling Plant, To Employ 10k Youths (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.