Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,102 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? (9336 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by ebere1712: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
ROSSIKE:

OK, so If Igbos want to leave Nigeria without taking the south south, WHAT exactly do you stand to benefit from that that you're not getting now? All I see is losses. You will lose all oil revenues currently accruing to you as a member of the federal republic. Your people based in Lagos, the north etc will all suddenly become aliens - illegal aliens - in their respective bases. These are millions of Igbos we're talking about. They will lose all their citizenship rights in those places. Most will be forced to return to the east. So here we have it: No oil revenues, and a sudden influx of Igbos causing further strain on the limited resources of the region. All Igbo politicians will leave Abuja and head for Enugu, to do what? Fight over palm oil profits? Coal? Apart from suffering decades-long underinvestment, the coal industry as a whole is outdated and redundant as nations move towards renewable energy sources, so you cannot rely on that for any economic upswing in the long run. Lastly, without the south south, Biafra would essentially be land-locked, meaning imports and exports would be dependent on access to other nations etc etc. I mean, WHAT exactly do Igbos stand to benefit from this situation?

The fact is the only way Biafra can make sense is if it takes the south south with it. And that isn't gonna happen. So wake up.

Rossike stop telling us about our own business. Mind yours. Igbo would be land locked (in your mgbati dreams), igbo would be chased out of lagos and abuja and kano; what is your business? Those are the risks involved in investing in foreign lands. Any hostile country to igbos would receive the same amount of venom from igbos. Leave us alone; when the time comes we would solve any resulting problems. Mind ur own mgbati business. Nigeria is a shithole; and is filled with living dead zombies like you. Biafra will always be an option for the igbos. If we all agree to have Biafra today. We would go ahead and have it. There is nothing you zombies can do about it. Mind your own mgbati business; you bloody yoroslave.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Samxiulee: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
ebere1712:

Rossike stop telling us about our own business. Mind yours. Igbo would be land locked (in your mgbati dreams), igbo would be chased out of lagos and abuja and kano; what is your business? Those are the risks involved in investing in foreign lands. Any hostile country to igbos would receive the same amount of venom from igbos. Leave us alone; when the time comes we would solve any resulting problems. Mind ur own mgbati business. Nigeria is a shithole; and is filled with living dead zombies like you. Biafra will always be an option for the igbos. If we all agree to have Biafra today. We would go ahead and have it. There is nothing you zombies can do about it. Mind your own mgbati business; you bloody yoroslave.

but you failed to answer his question about south south,you are only telling him to mind his own business.
Do you want to be a citizen of a land locked country?I admire the igbo for there commercial skills I praise them to high heaven for the feat,but it will be retro progressive if they end up in a biafra without the south south,cos it will be a landlocked country and the citizens will be paying double on import and export duties,also the economic market will be too small for its illustrious citizens who are into commercial activities.
I am for southern nigeria,we all need each other one way or the other,hardly will you hear of igbos being massacred in oshogbo or yenogua or vice versa,we have our differences and similarities unlike the northerners whom we don't have anything in common with.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
North, South, East, West. Are Nigerians better off together or will it be better if we seperate.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Dede1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
youngdady: @ Eziachi & Dede1, like I said earlier, I don't do insult and I truly hope you can make a post devoid of bitterness, self-aggrandizement and your purportedly superior and misplaced logic.

Eziachi cited the current U.K-Scotland relationship as regards Scotland having a country of their own, he however failed to quote where Scotland declared the repuBlic of Scotland before entering a round table discussion with the U.K. . . ooops I forgot, thats not the due process. Can you say same for those declaring Biarfa republic before even agreeing to a referendum

As for you, Dede1, with my little understanding of IGBO Dede is associated with elderly or respected. You've not respecetd yourself or acted elderly as far as I can see. Be that as it may, please explain to me, when a group BZM, insist on having their own country just by waking up some day and declaring a republic without recourse to the aftermath of such action and another group (FG) is ready to vehemently oppose the actions of the first group(and rightly so) since due process wasn't followed even though FG COULD EASILY HAVE INVITED THE GROUP FOR DISCUSSION WHICH IT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DO OR NOT DEPENDING ON THE SINCERRITY OF BZM, does this not amount to war mongering

IF I SENSE INSULT IN YOUR RESPONSE I MIGHT BE FORCED TO IGNORE!!!

Let me inform you there is nothing worth thinking of someone’s moniker. If BZM woke one morning and declare independence, why must such action disturb anybody? Federal government does not own Nigeria but people do. In addition, when certain people who collectively have stake on the entity call Nigeria decide to leave the union, it is imperative to set them loose unless there is unavoidable fear lucking somewhere.

If the BZM could not handle problem that comes with a republic and start dying of hunger, all Nigerians own them is to say-I told you so. I think you will agree with me that it will be a display of idiocy if one should resort to violence to stop a roommate who has decided to seek accommodation someplace else.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
But does the constitution permit such?
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2012
acidtalk: But does the constitution permit such?
Constitution written by Sani Abacha? Give me break!
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sam xiu lee: but you failed to answer his question about south south,you are only telling him to mind his own business.
Do you want to be a citizen of a land locked country?I admire the igbo for there commercial skills I praise them to high heaven for the feat,but it will be retro progressive if they end up in a biafra without the south south,cos it will be a landlocked country and the citizens will be paying double on import and export duties,also the economic market will be too small for its illustrious citizens who are into commercial activities.
I am for southern nigeria,we all need each other one way or the other,hardly will you hear of igbos being massacred in oshogbo or yenogua or vice versa,we have our differences and similarities unlike the northerners whom we don't have anything in common with.

Probably you don't understand the phrase "mind your own business". Biafra will be a a political entity of choice and not by force. Your so called south south or East East will choose where they want to belong, that is their choice. Even Igbo speaking area of those place even chose to remain in Nigeria that is their choice. If they felt Nigeria will best serve their interest, that is their cup of tea. Its not the language you speak that determines your country. If that is so, Yoruba speaking of Dahomey should have been forced into Nigeria or Yorubas in Nigeria forced to join them in Benin republic.
There are German speaking people in Austria and Belgium, so too are Spanish speaking people of France. If Igbo speaking people anywhere now decide to make their country outside Biafra, what is our beef with that?

If we choose to live in a landlocked or sea-locked country, that is where the creator placed us, that should be our worry and not yours. When things are hard and tough, that is when the brain is more effective as necessity as they say-is the mother of all inventions.
If I may recall, Somalia lived by the sea, I can barely see the waves they are making in the world with all the sea they got.

There is no such thing as southern Nigeria when it suits some people and when it doesn't, northerners becomes their twin brothers. Where was southern Nigerian brotherhood between 1967-1970? We don't want another mago-mago brotherhood, every man to his tent, we rather be your neighbour than your marriage mate. Marriage is not a force, sharing a house or a flat is not by force.

Stop your deception of telling us where our sons can trade. The west African region, Africa and whole world is so big for any Biafran to trade and don't give us the nonsense about trade, its an expired tactics. There are more Biafrans in Douala, Bamenda than any city in Nigeria and that is a fact. Biafra investment in Gabon or South Africa is no less secure than the one in Lagos, Abuja or Kano, so what the heck are you talking about?

Only in Nigeria that they get constant threat as to what will happened to the harvest of their hard labour and effort and that same Nigeria is supposed to be their own country. Never had they ever had such CONSTANT harassment/thread outside their country in places Cameroon, Gabon, Togo, Ivory coast, Sierra Leon, Liberia, Equatorial Guinea etc.
You may never have heard Igbos been massacred in Oshogbo or Yenegoua but it was places like that that Igbo properties were declared abandoned property and kept, enjoyed by your so-called mentioned SOUTHERN BROTHERHOOD for many years.

4 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
nnenna.1:
I am neither for nor against Biafra but understand Igbos who agitate for it as a result of whatever perceived injustices they speak out against.

What I am for though is a renewed and unapologetic interest on the part of Igbos in improving Igboland and fostering a more cohesive and recognizable identity.

The biggest folly among Igbos is that we have too many individuals who tread paths that are at odds with the "whole". Pettiness, corruption, pathologies, immorality, apologetic subservience to other groups to the detriment of your own (politically and socially), tendency to find fault in Igbos to please others, disinterest in the economic and infrastructural improvement of the SE, internal division.

Cultural loyalty in all ramifications is more socially advantageous than many people think.

Whether this happens in Nigeria or a newly formed country, I don't care. I would be nice if national referendum on how Nigeria would be structured were to take place though.
Neither for or against is not a position. This is no longer the time to seat of the fence, hoping that something might happend.
There is reaction without an action or a catalyst to help it.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Shouldn't you be asking your fellow Igbo leaders that question? Is it Hausas or Awo that have been governing Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu states etc?
All the so-called people governing Abia etc are the product of Nigeria and its culture of leadership grooming and it not a measure of what Biafra will be like. When the time comes, we will go back to our lay down cultural heritage that produced the likes of Michael Okpara, Akanu Ibiam, CC Ono, Alvan Ikoku, Nnanna Ukegbu, Edwin Kogbara, Kente Giadom, Sam Mbakwe etc

Its the same culture we had used to mould our town union leaders, who unlike Nigeria made leader never misused of community development funds in their care, never use our community development levies to open accounts with Swiss Banks, as they will never live to tell the story. Many of your never knew that 99% of electricity in Biafra today is done through community development effort, so to is 99% of all trunk B roads and not by any governmental authority.

Its only a fool will believe that the likes of present Abia governor will smell leadership inside Biafra without the present injection from Abuja.
But we will cross that bridge when we get there. But one thing is for sure, it will now be our sole problem, we will no longer had anyone to blame but just ourselves if we produce the like of present Abia governor in Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by youngdady: 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dede1:
Let me inform you there is nothing worth thinking of someone’s moniker. If BZM woke one morning and declare independence, why must such action disturb anybody? Federal government does not own Nigeria but people do. In addition, when certain people who collectively have stake on the entity call Nigeria decide to leave the union, it is imperative to set them loose unless there is unavoidable fear lucking somewhere.

If the BZM could not handle problem that comes with a republic and start dying of hunger, all Nigerians own them is to say-I told you so. I think you will agree with me that it will be a display of idiocy if one should resort to violence to stop a roommate who has decided to seek accommodation someplace else.

Dede1, I can see you've decided to do away with the insults, good! Now, I've never indicated I'd prefer any group remain in an unwanted union, however the way the issue is resolved calls for concern.

No group should unilaterally leave without mutual understanding/agreement of all concerned parties, reason is quite simple: to forestall breakdown of law and order in the sense that deciding to leave without clearly stating the terms of secession will not augur well (even in BATTLE, there is rule of engagement).

There're lots of things to put in perspective, who wants to go/stay, boundary adjustments etc.

Its not what we just do without thought process and engaging all stake holders. Anyways, a civil discourse like what we're having now could also go a long way in righting a lot of wrongs.

But deep down in me, I'd rather we resolve and come to an amicable solution.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by NegroNtns(m): 5:20am On Nov 13, 2012
Man, shut this fvckr down.......

Twice Igbo declared Biafra and twice it has failed! What more? Ojukwu is dead there is nothing left in Biafra to cling to.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Man, shut this fvckr down.......

Twice Igbo declared Biafra and twice it has failed! What more? Ojukwu is dead there is nothing left in Biafra to cling to.

Never say never. Maybe Oji Uzor Kalu will come and do what Ojukwu couldn't do.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by geeez: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2012
acidtalk:

Never say never. Maybe Oji Uzor Kalu will come and do what Ojukwu couldn't do.

We are waiting and he better make that happen ASAP
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Sealeddeal(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2012
Everytime Biafra is mentioned,the Sw and North will come out takling about SS so as to make the SS feel that they are not Biafra.Its all about Oil.why are they always talking about SS? What are their concern? I want to answer them here and now so that if there is something they want to take,they should do that before time run out.Biafra is something that God has already approved.We cannot continue to be in bondage with some cursed people who even refused to change their way but instead keep improving in evil doing.The land call Biafra consist of old Eastern region+part of delta.Biafra is equal to old eastern region+parts of delta and old eastern region+parts of delta is equal to Biafra. Some people may have heard of Republic of Niger delta and are happy that Biafra is finally dividing.The question u will ask urself is,'who are Niger Deltas?' Niger delat clamour is a mere clamour of Ijaw people to give themselves a ground fro negotiation in any eventuality.Actually,Ijaw People do not trust Igbo people+other minorities because they(Ijaw) acted badly during the war and after the war.so,they think they will be sidelined.thats their fear.the U can never hear about Niger delta Republic outside Delta and Bayelsa state.Biafra is old eastern region and its non-negotiable.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by ebere1712: 5:39am On Nov 14, 2012
The way Biafra makes you slaves convulse, I wonder if you guys are so inferior that yous can't live by yourselves. We don't care about you at all. How many true born Igbos have you seen in any threads concerning your useless kpomo nations. Mind your business agents of Lucifer.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2012
^^^

Who are you refering to?
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by venom86: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
People stop dragging the country through mud. I know Nigeria has ISSUES, but compare us Congo, Somalia, Sudan, Chad and the like, I think we are better off. We have a long way to go, and we need to fix some innate natural and survive-at-all cost attitudes we have. There's a lot of fixing to do, both structural and cultural. And the first port of call is truly start respecting and loving the Nigerian identity, make it sacred, voice it, and call out those who insult her, spit at her, and abuse her (political office holders and leaders). DO YOUR BIT! The collective effort of all us to be better people will go a long way. And again, our greatest and most valuable natural resource is PEOPLE (our population). A split will make us all suffer, it's the one thing we must guard against. Like I said regional autonomy
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
I really want to know.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Xpaz: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abagworo:

You are wrong on this. I happen to be one of those who stand for one Nigeria and a full fledged Igbo defender as well. All Nigerians are generally not happy with the State of our Nation but disintegration will only give a false solution since we'll still remain same in our different units. Both my father and my grandfather fought for Biafra but today have a different view like myself. Biafra war was more or less a war of survival than war of secession.
You so much wat Okorocha to be Perez.
now let me ask you.
what will your Okorocha do for us?
Will he create anioma state for us so that SE can hv six state like other region?
Will he return our Igbo territory (Obigbo,etche,Egbema & Andoni)DAT WaS giving away to river state.
What exactly can your useless Okorocha do 4 us?

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by BiafranAvatar(m): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abagworo:
Majority of Igbos are indifferent about it. Say 80% and prefer going about their business. To these people Biafra is a nuisance. The remaining 20% are mostly pro-Biafrans and
ro-Nigeriansians like me.

How much do you earn per month
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
stupid thread............... who are IGBOs? I speak igbo but I am a BIAFRAN.......... simple.................. IGBO is just a language not a people....... just as it is in the zoo................ A LANGUAGE and not a people or a nation or whatever rubbish you call it ethnic group trash........ biafra is our IDENTITY
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by IGBOPRINCE: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
acidtalk:

Keep quiet. And stop being a tribalistic biggot. Whether I am Igbo or not is none of your business. NO ONE can ascribe me to any tribe or religion on this forum because to the best of my knowledge I have always been 100% fair to every single tribe and religion on this forum.

Where were you hiding when I openly condemn Seun and his moderators by being bias by only putting damaging news about the igbos on the frontpage?

Bloody hypocrite like you. When you are meant to come and and speak you will hide like a chicken that has AIDS and now you are telling me nonesense.
is this guy still on nairaland? I like people of his likes. They handled issues dispassionately.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Duru1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abagworo:
Majority of Igbos are indifferent about it. Say 80% and prefer going about their business. To these people Biafra is a nuisance. The remaining 20% are mostly pro-Biafrans and few pro-Nigerians like me.

You are a dumbass fence-sitter. Nigeria is a useless entity that cannot be able to clean its gutters. I am not surprise you are pro-Nigeria because your comments are utter filthy
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by BlackTechnology: 1:24am On Nov 06, 2015
Sealeddeal:
Everytime Biafra is mentioned,the Sw and North will come out takling about SS so as to make the SS feel that they are not Biafra.Its all about Oil.why are they always talking about SS? What are their concern? I want to answer them here and now so that if there is something they want to take,they should do that before time run out.Biafra is something that God has already approved.We cannot continue to be in bondage with some cursed people who even refused to change their way but instead keep improving in evil doing.The land call Biafra consist of old Eastern region+part of delta.Biafra is equal to old eastern region+parts of delta and old eastern region+parts of delta is equal to Biafra. Some people may have heard of Republic of Niger delta and are happy that Biafra is finally dividing.The question u will ask urself is,'who are Niger Deltas?' Niger delat clamour is a mere clamour of Ijaw people to give themselves a ground fro negotiation in any eventuality.Actually,Ijaw People do not trust Igbo people+other minorities because they(Ijaw) acted badly during the war and after the war.so,they think they will be sidelined.thats their fear.the U can never hear about Niger delta Republic outside Delta and Bayelsa state.Biafra is old eastern region and its non-negotiable.

God bless you

Biafra has divine backing since Nigeria has refused being honest to the Igbos

As for SS, they are free to remain Nigerians.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by blaqoracle: 4:35am On Nov 06, 2015
acidtalk:
Enough is enough.
It appears while some Ibos are highly in support of the creation of the Republic of Biafra and can even give up their last drop to see to its success. Others on the other hand are indifferent about it while the last set of Ibos still strongly believe in "one Nigeria" and think the issue of creating a republic of Biafra isn't necessary.

Nairalanders from the Eastern (Ibo) part of Nigeria please let us know your take on this issue if you are in Support or Against the creation of Biafran Republic.
honestly, there is no genuine Igbo man that wants Biafra. Biafra is nothing but an object of blackmail, which the Igbos have been using to negotiate for better opportunities since the end of the civil war. The current agitation for Biafra by the igbos is not far from the fact that BOKO HARAM has ultimately reduced the civil war to a mere couldn't play. Consequently the ibis are still shouting for recognition but the more they shout, the less they are heard.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by EternalTruths: 4:47am On Nov 06, 2015
blaqoracle:
honestly, there is no genuine Igbo man that wants Biafra. Biafra is nothing but an object of blackmail, which the Igbos have been using to negotiate for better opportunities since the end of the civil war. The current agitation for Biafra by the igbos is not far from the fact that BOKO HARAM has ultimately reduced the civil war to a mere couldn't play. Consequently the ibis are still shouting for recognition but the more they shout, the less they are heard.

So you are God who knows the heart of genuine Igbo people

Stop deceiving yourself that Igbos hate Biafra

A referendum by the UN will prove you wrong cool
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 06, 2015
acidtalk:
Enough is enough.
It appears while some Ibos are highly in support of the creation of the Republic of Biafra and can even give up their last drop to see to its success. Others on the other hand are indifferent about it while the last set of Ibos still strongly believe in "one Nigeria" and think the issue of creating a republic of Biafra isn't necessary.

Nairalanders from the Eastern (Ibo) part of Nigeria please let us know your take on this issue if you are in Support or Against the creation of Biafran Republic.

What you people don't understand is that Biafra is Igbo and igbo is Biafra. A child born today in Igbo is a biafran.

Can you have israel from the Jew or Jew from a Hebrew? If you can't do that. You can't take igbo from Biafra.

I see you have never believed in a thing. 90% of those not talking about Biafra ara the real biafrans. When the real action come and these noise makers you see everywhere will go into hidding. The real biafrans will show up.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2015
iamkeyz:
stupid thread............... who are IGBOs? I speak igbo but I am a BIAFRAN.......... simple.................. IGBO is just a language not a people....... just as it is in the zoo................ A LANGUAGE and not a people or a nation or whatever rubbish you call it ethnic group trash........ biafra is our IDENTITY

...and you typed all these without making any sense? #Trash

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Ondo State Governorship Primaries, Delegates Seated (Photos) / Looters’ List: Court Throws Out Contempt Suit Against Lai Mohammed / Why We Support Buhari –RBM Convener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.