Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? (3810 Views)

Why Do Christians Believe In These? / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / "What Does The Bible Say About Dinosaurs? Are There Dinosaurs In The Bible?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by ednut1(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by mkmyers45(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
ednut1: have u dug one up b4

Yes i have dug fossils up before right here in Nigeria....

Attached are some images from a work we did when investigating shale at Jessu Formation NE Nigeria

Picture 3 & 4 is ammonite (ammonoidea) fossils, its a just a pity that i don't have one of better quality and resolution at the moment...

ednut1: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/do53pi.html , check dis out

They are frauds everywhere

Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
ednut1: Dinosaur bones to me are created my men, all d well we dig in nigeria, we have neva come across fossil, d dinosaurs bones are always found where no one resides, sometin is fishy about dis whole tin, I was watchin nat geo wild , nd dey saw extint shark bone teeth easily, abeg scientist una dey lie

Dude ur education was a waste.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by mkmyers45(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ammonite

Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by igbeke: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
sarutobie:
Came across that chapter sometime last year..but in verse 19,what did the bible mean by saying 'it ranked first among the works of God'? Any idea?
Perhaps it means the said crature was one of the first set of aniimals that went into extintion. who knows?
One of d things i know abt the Holy Bible is that it will not mention a name or and occurence when there is no reason for it.
Another is that most of the stories sorrounding dinossaurs (except that they truly existed at a point in time), are all based on assmptions which any new discovery tommorrow could alter, but the Holy Scripture says:
" Psalms 119:89 Yahweh, your word is settled in heaven forever" .
Yet another thing I know is dat there are more questions in dis life dan answers. These answers can only be revealed by God thru His Word.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
SHALOM
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by igbeke: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by Infomizer(m): 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
Emusan:

I'm not a god but man with full evidence of God Almighty existence.

I do conceed or reason with other people but the reality of nature with evidence of personal contact with God will never allow me to agree with any fairytale of atheist scientist.

I only try to let other christians who has not had personal encounter with God and ready to compromise their faith in God because of the lies of personal interpretation of facts by some people in our universe like some atheist on NL do to KNOW that not everything......completed in my signature!

Shalom!
I don't think religious folks should accuse people as believing in fairytales. That said, dinos predate humans by millions of years. Science has proven that much. The op's error was in trying to marry epochs that were thousands of centuries apart just to lend credence to his belief system. Nice try though, only that i find it erroneously anachronistic. It is completely illogical to believe in the bible and believe dinos existed. You pick one and drop the other.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by mkmyers45(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
mkmyers45:

Also why is there a lack of DNA in fossils?

Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), the universal carrier of genetic information, is present in all organisms while they are alive. When they die, their DNA begins to decay under the influence of hydrolysis and oxidation. The speed of this decay varies on a number of factors. Sometimes, the DNA will be gone within one century, and in other conditions, it will persist for as many as one million years. The average amount of time detectable DNA will persist though is somewhere in the middle; given physiological salt concentrations, neutral pH, and a temperature of 15 °C, it would take around 100,000 years for all the DNA in a sample to decay to undetectable levels.

If fossils of the dinosaurs were less than 6,000 years old, detectable fragments of DNA should be present in a sizable percent of dinosaur fossils, especially in the Arctic and Antarctic regions where the decay of DNA can be slowed down 10-25 fold. A claim that soft tissues in a Tyrannosaurus fossil had been recovered in 2005 have since been shown to be mistaken,supporting the idea that dinosaur fossils are extremely old.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by mkmyers45(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
mkmyers45:

What happened to aquatic dinosaurs? I need a proper and concise explanation. How did the water affect them? Did they die? If they didn't die where are they? If they did die why did they?
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by UyiIredia(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
dj militant: Yeah,me think so too,but man and dinosoar cannot exist at the same time,dinosoars are too large in size,hence man cannot survive in there era.

I'm pretty sure men, even without modern technology, would have survived in that era.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by chrissy3(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
The book of genesis talks about the begining of man and how our present begun,it did not tell us that its the begining of the earth.let me enlighting you people to a fact.the book of revelation recorded the war in heaven and the casting down of lucifer to earth and it recorded chaos on earth when lucifer was casted and science records an astroid collision with earth.the effect of the astroid you all would agree with me was chaotic and science recorded famaments engulf the sky causing darkness upon earth and in genesis God said let there be light when creation begun and in that darkness sure if after the astroid anything survived without the sun food won't b available and so death by starvation.we also know that the magnitude of the astroid would surely displace the oceans.if you doubt my finkin ask yourself 'why didn't the bible explain how God molded the earth to being round?'.the point is that the creation records of Genesis deals with how man came about not what was before man because it doesn't concern humans.forget about trying to disproof the bible,cause they are series of account that proofs the authenticity of the bible exampl the bible gave description of the earth being round and hangs on nothing long before science made way to go to space and confirm.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by mkmyers45(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
chrissy3: The book of genesis talks about the begining of man and how our present begun,it did not tell us that its the begining of the earth.let me enlighting you people to a fact.the book of revelation recorded the war in heaven and the casting down of lucifer to earth and it recorded chaos on earth when lucifer was casted and science records an astroid collision with earth.the effect of the astroid you all would agree with me was chaotic and science recorded famaments engulf the sky causing darkness upon earth and in genesis God said let there be light when creation begun and in that darkness sure if after the astroid anything survived without the sun food won't b available and so death by starvation.we also know that the magnitude of the astroid would surely displace the oceans.if you doubt my finkin ask yourself 'why didn't the bible explain how God molded the earth to being round?'.the point is that the creation records of Genesis deals with how man came about not what was before man because it doesn't concern humans.forget about trying to disproof the bible,cause they are series of account that proofs the authenticity of the bible exampl the bible gave description of the earth being round and hangs on nothing long before science made way to go to space and confirm.

So are you in support of the God of the Gap theory?
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by sunkoye: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Joagbaje:

Dinosaurs and other ore historic animals existed millions of years ago. Before our present age ,before Adam was created , they were all destroyed in the first world ruled by lucifer who became Satan.
tank you. The lucifer's flood!
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by tpiander: 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
UyiIredia:

I'm pretty sure men, even without modern technology, would have survived in that era.

there isn't much evidence to support the assumption, unless some of the dinosaurs were tamed and protecting humans.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by tartar9(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
it is the only real monster not mentioned in the bible.
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by UyiIredia(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2015
tpiander:

there isn't much evidence to support the assumption, unless some of the dinosaurs were tamed and protecting humans.

There is evidence from jungle tribes still existing today with dangerous wild animals without the benefit of modern tech. If lions and elephants can be tamed how much more dinosaurs ?
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by plaetton: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
UyiIredia:

There is evidence from jungle tribes still existing today with dangerous wild animals without the benefit of modern tech. If lions and elephants can be tamed how much more dinosaurs ?

I am always shellshocked at the way you consistently assault our common sense when you make your ABSOLUTE statements.

You need to learn to distinguish between beer parlour talk and online public discourse.

You said " there is evidence.."

So where is the so-called evidence?

1 Like

Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by tpiander: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
UyiIredia:

Would any humans have the technology at that time, to domesticate huge beasts of that size?

Can you give explanations of how it can be done.

Find a dinosaur egg and raise it?
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by tpiadotcom: 3:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? by bingbagbo(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2015
I LOVE THIS THREAD

I WANNA FIND OUT SOMETHING ANYWAY,

IS THERE SOME SIMILARITY BETWEEN SNAKES AND DINOSAURS?

THANK YOU

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing / Please Can Someone Help Me Find Where God Changed His Word From DEUTRONOMY 22:5 / Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.