Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? (1656 Views)

Part-time Job Opportunities For Undergraduate And Post-graduate Students Only! / Volunteer And Internship Opportunities For Graduates, Professionals & Undergrads / Php Developers for Sn Site! OR Are you a proffessional and can write well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? by eneekaycee(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2006
Good day Fellas! Please I have a little problem which I will like you to help me solve.

I feel I can write well: reports, poetry, anything writable.

How can I use this to make a little money for myself? That is, which company or industry can make use of my talents?

Please anyone who knows of any company or establishment I can apply to contact should please inform me <<snip>>. Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? by Orikinla(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2006
Join the popular newspapers in Nigeria.
Re: Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? by gigitte(f): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2006
almost any company! because companies put out a lot of written material these days and need ppl to edit
do you have a scientific background? excellent! you are better equipped then
publishing houses like macmillian, spectrum, evans etc are also goldmines
advertising and public relations companies, why not be a copy writer?
magazines and newspapers
why not put out a cv for yourself very nice one oh
and market yourself to all these companies
point out that a lot of print media in naija today is poorly written, poorly edited, never following rules of grammar etc etc, which is very true. anyone ever read city people? iyama writing
point out your skills, a few articles you've written. also try to write for newspapers for free usually. my friend has done it (the guardian) and she was only 16/17. that way you can include such in your portfolio
better yourself by reading books such as the chicago manual of style and such which will greatly help your writing and editing skills
on the side, write a novel, novella or short stories
you can do it! we need good english in nigeria lol
if you are desperate, try city people, sell yourself well and bullshit the hell out of them, sound educated and suave cos those ppl have wide circulation but damn do they need better writers and editors
you will also meet very important ppl so you can network with and further yourself
holla back!
Re: Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? by Mutee: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2006
write stories and sell to film or movie producers undecided undecided undecided
Re: Job Opportunities For Someone Who Can Write Well? by eneekaycee(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2006
Thanks folks,I really very much appreciate your contributions.I will still welcome more suggestions.Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Chams Is Recruiting. / Strictly 4 Engineers (urgent!) / Uba Intvw Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.