Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Are You Happy With Your Name? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Happy With Your Name? (10632 Views)

My In - Laws Are Not Happy With Me. / I'm Not Happy With My Hubby / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Feraz(m): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
loving mine which is Uchenna.....
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
bbpreye.:
grin

Fool! Must you exhibit ur igbotic foolishness on a public forum like this? Who told you u are UC?
Mr what is ur own why cursing me did what I said affect or concern u? Did I mention ur name why cant u mind ur biz, dat I mention what some piple perfer 2 call me have become a crime I can see u are nt Igbo cus every Igbo person know dat piple dat bear UCHE are also called UC. Mind u I cant desend so low 2 level by cursing u back cus its nt worth it
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Timijo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siena:

Pastor! never missing, lolz. Always floating around, you know how it is. cool
Why calleth me a pastor? I am not a pastor but a Christian. Anyway, u are welcome. Hw is ya family and parole?
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
holly-pagan:
u silly ghana man must u comment this is nigerian forum
O boy leave dat low life he hate what he cant understand
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by dokunbam(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
i love my names cos sometimes pple dey fight to call me sef, my maternal side call me by my second name and my paternal side call me by my first name. my names rock and BAM, meaning sophisticated, expensive.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Meklex(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
mine, native= Emeka English= Alex, my surname is superb, e get swag and its a head turner, I get attention just b'cos of it,.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by kaydibs(f): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love love my names. Though I have a really cool english name, I still prefer to be called by my native name which is anulika. Means joy/happiness. I bring joy into the lives of people. Wats there not to like about my native name? Wouldn't change it for anything
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by MissOpe(f): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
My name Lydia...... But I love being called by my native name..Opeoluwa.... Or busayo.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by omoajiri(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Venchy: I'm sure there people on this NL that spells their names in a different way and I wonder WHY?

Chinese, Srilanka, India, even an English man will not change or spell his or her name wrongly let alone changing.

Bro & Sis, be yourself, whatever will be will be.

My name is ISMAILA but I'll prefer the last alphabet A to be taken off because it's an Arab name and it's spells wrongly and it should be ISMAIL.

I LOVE THE NAME AND THE WAY IT'S BEEN SPELT IN NIGERIA BECAUSE IT REFLECT WHERE I COME FROM.
I'm with U on this Ismaie'l. I also bear that name & find it very insulting if I'm called Ismaila of which I usually don't respond to.
I just have 2 introduce myself wt my Islamic name to people I know are muslims & I use my native name for others..
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by kaydibs(f): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
chucky234: I extra love my native name which is Chukwuyenum,funny enough no one knows me by my native name and my parents prefers Chuck.
More confusion as my English names are Chuck and Collins, people mistake Chuck for Chuks,I have tried to differentiate the two to people to no avail,I even went as far as telling them that my Chuck is the same as Chuck Norris.
Can you imagine comparing myself to that hairy ugly Chuck Norris.
LoL. You should have compared it to Chuck Bass
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by MissOpe(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Some irhobo names are very funny to we yorubas...e.g
Orobosa ...meaning you see pussy and run......
Obominiru...... Meaning ur pussy has hair...
Very funny...
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by MissOpe(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Some irhobo names are very funny to we yorubas...e.g
Orobosa ...meaning your see pussy and run......
Obominiru...... Meaning ur pussy has hair...
Very funny...

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by udokpuenyi(m): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
At birth my father named me Ugochukwu while my grandma called me Chikezie.The church named me Collins, all are good names with godly meanings but I would have prefer if my real name is this my forum name (Udokpuenyi- You cannot use rope to drag an elephant). I would have named myself udokpuenyi C. Udokpuenyi, the name sound so thick like the one we hear in Nigerian senate(Udoma C udoma) and in in the bible like Nebuchadnezzer
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by harlos: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
I so much love my name cos the meaning is what everybody wants from God though most people don't call by it...
Iyonu olorun(pls who knows the english translation).
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by saydfact(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
I guess you have some to sell? what's the price.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by BabaEto1: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
I am sooooo pleased with my name BABATUNDE and I prefer it to any foreign or English name. its sheer colonial mentality that make people to abandon their native name for foreign names they don't know the meanings. African names are loaded with meanings that in most cases have a lot to do with the circumstances surrounding someone's birth.

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by sheblayze(f): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Absolutely, yes!

Of course now...wealth!
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
Although my first name is jewish in origin (or irish ??) and my last name welsh, tongue...i am happy with my name.

At least my name isn't keisha, Bobeesha, monaynay and the likes lolz.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
*Kails*:
Although my first name is jewish in origin (or irish ??) and my last name welsh, tongue...i am happy with my name.

At least my name isn't keisha, Bobeesha, monaynay and the likes lolz.

Lol correction my name is both arabic and jewish in origin. (irish lmao)
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by jimino(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
bola4dprec: Jimmy is simply means replace, in nutshell to take the place of (another), as through force
tanx bros bola4dprec.
D name doesnt make any sense
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by toygod2: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
I think,im begininn to like them
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by samueljude1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love my ibo name so sweet and lovely!
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Ndoz(m): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
I luv ma names Hanoruo Nna-Dozie Solomon Ndukauba Ifeanyi jnr
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Akposkool(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siena:

Omo Urhobo? wink
isoko
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by mikron(m): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
YES SIR. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER, I LOVE MY NAMES
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Shugamania(f): 2:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Of course i am, i wont change it for anything... And i just luv it when it's called in full..
Boluwatifeloshenshola smiley
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 10, 2012
Me name is quite fitting.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by greatgod2012(f): 3:22am On Nov 10, 2012
kunletiwoo: He's great indeed. I've reserved that name for my first daughter smiley

thanks, my brother.
How now, its been long i saw ur lovely and reasonable comments in family section, any problem? Sincerely i was thinking about privately mailing u b4 i saw this.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 10, 2012
funny enough, i prefer my igbo name to my english name
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by onuwaje(m): 6:46am On Nov 10, 2012
Since i entered high school i haven't really fancied the english name ish... Presently in the university most people i meet find it hard to pronunce my name... So i tend to shorten it for them(ORITSEGBUBEMI -BEMI)smiley... To me native name is most prefered by me because it gives individuals who hear the name a chance to know where we re from... English name ko english name ni
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Ehijess(f): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2012
I love love both my native and english name,it is rare,welcoming and pure native. Ehionye means my destiny and jessica - God is watching
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by pweetyface(f): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2012
I love both my names.....infact I have pet names nd diff names called by diff people,dey are all lovely.......I love all d meaning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone / A Strange Woman In My Home! Please How Do I Go About It? / Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.