Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists (10393 Views)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / Stop Arguing With Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2012
diehard: @Logicboy, i am surprise you can allude to a link to provide support to your argument, when you recently accuse me of copy and pasting articles to support my point. All you've done all day is to tactical dodge the point My Anony has been making. And as for wiegraf, it is no use answering your comment cos most are really merry go round.

Dude forget the guy abeg. he thinks it is by font size and the number of times you shout "debunked". I asked him for an objective basis for morality and all he did was ramble then quote me out of context and declare himself "winner". I laugh in swahili. Anyway I'm not surprised, I don't really expect him to do any better actually.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 7:22am On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

In essence, you're running off?
You could have just said so rather than wharrgarbl again
This is still clearly LALALALALALALALALALA. No shananigans can cover that. Blatantly ignoring how altruism aids the group. Or how we have intelligence and so can extend on our own in built moral system. Come up with ethics, religions and such (which consciously value altruism in this day and age). There's a half point there, you're not looking at the full picture because its conclusions do not agree with what some shepherds said ~2000 years ago, and said goatmen happened to brainwash your ancestors
Train, then please come up with something better next week
As I said, I have no interest in your foolishness at this time, if you can't follow an argument right, then that's your problem. Feel free to continue your rant from here onwards. If you like you can feature goatmen, cattlemen or whatever have you, I am not interested.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by smd(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2012
I'm an angnostic but am more of atheism than theism. For all aurgument abt god or no god atheist av it. Every right thinking person will go with atheists. And every hypocrites and cowards will go with theists. Atheists are logically correct but fear will not allow theists to for once agreed with them.

1 Like

Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 11, 2012
smd: I'm an angnostic but am more of atheism than theism. For all aurgument abt god or no god atheist av it. Every right thinking person will go with atheists. And every hypocrites and cowards will go with theists. Atheists are logically correct but fear will not allow theists to for once agreed with them.
Lol. Do atheists come pre-packaged with logic?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Do atheists come pre-packaged with logic?
Every humam comes pre-packaged with logic. Some humans just decide not to use theirs fully..

A truely wise man is not cowed by knowledge :-)
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by smd(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. Do atheists come pre-packaged with logic?

one thing I knw for sure we all av ability adgudge logically. Ok, think of ds, God created man and he claimd that he loved them according to bible. Why all ds calamities he created cos he created all things ? He is tht hw to shw he loves us?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2012
musKeeto:
Every humam comes pre-packaged with logic. Some humans just decide not to use theirs fully..

A truely wise man is not cowed by knowledge :-)
Are you serious? As in the concept of tabula rasa is no longer true?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2012
smd:

one thing I knw for sure we all av ability adgudge logically. Ok, think of ds, God created man and he claimd that he loved them according to bible. Why all ds calamities he created cos he created all things ? He is tht hw to shw he loves us?
Are you taking it back?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2012
Reyginus: Are you serious? As in the concept of tabula rasa is no longer true?
An ability to comprehend and make sense of situations... not logic per se.

Tabula rasa remains true. It doesn't negate logic in any way... or would you say animals don't use logic also?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by cyrexx: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2012
smd: I'm an angnostic but am more of atheism than theism. For all aurgument abt god or no god atheist av it. Every right thinking person will go with atheists. And every hypocrites and cowards will go with theists. Atheists are logically correct but fear will not allow theists to for once agreed with them.

thats why its almost impossible to upload sense into the very hard drive of these religious folks. Somewhere in their mind it has been pre-programmed that god is true and everyman is a liar. For the fear of losing their salvation, they must close their minds to all voice of reason and logic that refutes their religious claims. Its funny because the same christians here are frustrated that religious muslims too exhibit their traits of close-mindedness and they cant reach them with their gospel because they are as close-minded as they are and the muslims will perish forever in hell, while they will go to heaven for exhibiting the same close-minded behaviour.
Funny and pathetic

Talk about how religion screw up human beings' minds

1 Like

Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by wiegraf: 8:07am On Nov 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
As I said, I have no interest in your foolishness at this time, if you can't follow an argument right, then that's your problem. Feel free to continue your rant from here onwards. If you like you can feature goatmen, cattlemen or whatever have you, I am not interested.

cheesy
Naughty anony. What sort of christ like behavior have you picked up these last few weeks? Calling my argument stoopid then me foolish. And in the same thread. You sound mad (though I actually prefer this version of you). This is the first thread I personally am seeing you get this mad. And I might be the only one I remember you directly insulting before. I'm quite honored, this is very touching. Btw, where do I rant? They literally were goatmen

Dohohohoho

Oh yes, you say I can't follow an argument (you make so many baseless assumptions/accusations btw, assumptions in particular though). You point out altruism is incompatible with 'survival of the fittest'. I point out altruism is one of the tools of 'survival of the fittest'. I'll add that in fact, even without observing altruism, if you put all the elements of evolution together and do the math you would predict altruism. You rant and xter abuse* to distract and escape. This, good ser, has been a total failure on your part. Perhaps next time you should find something you can defend or stick to arguing about things like "who's strongest? god, satan, FSL or spiderman?" etc

*you won't get anywhere with that btw, I'm not particularly well liked already so even if I cared you couldn't do any more harm
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 11, 2012
musKeeto:
An ability to comprehend and make sense of situations... not logic per se.

Tabula rasa remains true.
Nice of you.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Femmymata2(m): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
But it has been demonstrated that the universe has a beginning
Will it be illogical to doubt this 'demonstration'.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by cyrexx: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2012
^^

funny he is refering to scientific theory of Big B4ng as true and he is plugging his highly superstitious and totally unscientific theory of yahweh as the cause of big b4ng.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by diehard(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2012
"Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. Matthew 7:6
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by wiegraf: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2012
diehard: "Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. Matthew 7:6

Even to mock, or whatever you're attempting to do, you need to quote?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by cyrexx: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2012
diehard: "Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. Matthew 7:6

see these confused schizos following an incoherent religious code.

These same bible you quoted also mandated you to make disciples of all nations. If those nations close their minds to new ideas like you christians do too, they become despicable pigs and swines to you. What a bunch of confused schizophrenics

I wonder why your puny yahweh god will depend on confused schizos to spread his message and he cant do nothing for himself except to threaten punishment in a mythical place for those who are dead and gone.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by diehard(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2012
cyrexx:

see these confused schizos following an incoherent religious code.

These same bible you quoted also mandated you to make disciples of all nations. If those nations close their minds to new ideas like you christians do too, they become despicable pigs and swines to you. What a bunch of confused schizophrenics

I wonder why your puny yahweh god will depend on confused schizos to spread his message and he cant do nothing for himself except to threaten punishment in a mythical place for those who are dead and gone.

You really sound afraid and i wonder why? i just post a comment and it seems to prick you enough to rant about it. Only the wise will understand what that means
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Kay17: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2012
diehard: @Kay 17, God is the grand designer of the universe and He loves order. That is why there is law governing the universe and its planetary systems. The earth is at the right distance from the sun, anymore closer it'll be too hot to sustain life, any further it'll be too cold for most species to survive. And by the way laws are not made by chance, they come from well thought out plans and purposes.

That didn't answer my question. Why was design NECESSARY for creation??
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by cyrexx: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2012
diehard:

You really sound afraid and i wonder why? i just post a comment and it seems to prick you enough to rant about it. Only the wise will understand what that means

no, im not afraid. i'm calmly stating the facts that the religious folks will never grasp, they will rather project false ideas on people, for example you decide to falsely project fear on me, thinking i am afraid instead of you understanding and offering rebuttal to my post.

only the hopelessly foolish will think he is wise and everyone else is a fool unless they agree with his narrow-minded view, and i want to believe you are not a fool who thinks he is wise and everyone else who has contrary views is not wise
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
diehard: @Logicboy, i am surprise you can allude to a link to provide support to your argument, when you recently accuse me of copy and pasting articles to support my point. All you've done all day is to tactical dodge the point My Anony has been making. And as for wiegraf, it is no use answering your comment cos most are really merry go round.

See this dishonest fellow? Are you seriously claiming that I dodged Anony's questions?

-Anony made a foolish claim that atheists have no basis for saying that slavery is wrong (as a silly defense for slavery in the bible)

-I told Anony that I am not moral because of my atheism but I am noral because I am human and logical

[size=14pt]-I gave him an evolutionary basis and logical basis for human morality (we evolved sone instincts (some of which are morals to survive and adapt to our environment)
[/size]
-All Anony did was to make foolish claims about evolution. He couldnt provide a basis for human morality

[size=14pt]-I showed you guys a link to many journals explaining evolution and morality. Foolish enough, none of you bothered to open it and read

-You and Anony, were foolish not to even bother to open and read on article on a widely studied subject of evolution and morality then you guys still deny it
[/size]

Lets look at some of his foolish claims about evolution by Anony

Mr_Anony:
-All humans are the same species and therefore equal (This premise is false) There is no such thing as equality when talking about evolution or species

How can someone say that there is no equality in evolution? So, animals from the same species do not have the same equal body structures? Or does anony have two heads that are giving him contradictory ideas? Arent we humans the same species with the same 4 limbs, a brain and two eyes?

Mr_Anony:
Lol so evolution now has causal properties lol. I thought evolution was actually describing the process of change and was not the agent of change itself. Well, why am I even arguing with your ignorance? You need to go get schooled up mate.

1) Anony is denying that evolution has causal properties. Fail. Evolution is the reason we have natural immuninties to many bacteria. It is the reason why some bacteria will become resistant to drugs (because they evolve)

2) Anony is making a false dichotomy between agent of change and process of change. He wants to say that evolution is only the process of change while something like survival is the agent of change. Fail.

Natural selection, adaptation are all part of evolution. Evolution has a broader meaning than just "change".
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Dude forget the guy abeg. he thinks it is by font size and the number of times you shout "debunked". I asked him for an objective basis for morality and all he did was ramble then quote me out of context and declare himself "winner". I laugh in swahili. Anyway I'm not surprised, I don't really expect him to do any better actually.

Please look at the coment above
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Delafruita(m): 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
didnt the bible say "he who calls his brother a fool isx in danger of hell fire"
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by wiegraf: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
Yes, @diehard, I'm still waiting for you to show me the merry go round. I'd like to believe you are capable of forming your own thoughts, yes? You don't just photocopy everything, yes? Could you pls show it to me?
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by cyrexx: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
Delafruita: didnt the bible say "he who calls his brother a fool isx in danger of hell fire"

LOL,

anony is not really in danger of hell cos he knows how to rationalise the glaring facts from the bible to say whatever he wants it to say

grin grin grin grin
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
This thread really showed the true colour of Anony......I think I am going to make another thread on the denial of knowledge.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by diehard(m): 5:50am On Nov 12, 2012
@Logicboy03, Mr Anony wasn't the one denying the obvious truth here. No matter the evidence shown to you via logic, you've made up your mind never to accept it. so was is the use!!
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Kay17: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2012
Mr diehard

I'm still awaiting your response.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2012
diehard: @Logicboy03, Mr Anony wasn't the one denying the obvious truth here. No matter the evidence shown to you via logic, you've made up your mind never to accept it. so was is the use!!

Did Anony put any evidence forward?

Notice that he never put any source of morality forward
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Kay 17:

That didn't answer my question. Why was design NECESSARY for creation??
What exactly does this question mean? Would you mind explaining it a bit because I don't quite get it.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf:

cheesy
Naughty anony. What sort of christ like behavior have you picked up these last few weeks? Calling my argument stoopid then me foolish. And in the same thread. You sound mad (though I actually prefer this version of you). This is the first thread I personally am seeing you get this mad. And I might be the only one I remember you directly insulting before. I'm quite honored, this is very touching. Btw, where do I rant? They literally were goatmen

Dohohohoho

Oh yes, you say I can't follow an argument (you make so many baseless assumptions/accusations btw, assumptions in particular though). You point out altruism is incompatible with 'survival of the fittest'. I point out altruism is one of the tools of 'survival of the fittest'. I'll add that in fact, even without observing altruism, if you put all the elements of evolution together and do the math you would predict altruism. You rant and xter abuse* to distract and escape. This, good ser, has been a total failure on your part. Perhaps next time you should find something you can defend or stick to arguing about things like "who's strongest? god, satan, FSL or spiderman?" etc

*you won't get anywhere with that btw, I'm not particularly well liked already so even if I cared you couldn't do any more harm
Lol, not mad, bored. I don't see the sense in repeating a position over and over again if you wouldn't engage it with some seriousness.
Re: Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
Delafruita: didnt the bible say "he who calls his brother a fool isx in danger of hell fire"
yes it did and I didn't call him a fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Own The Rooster? Bible Quiz! / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Church Offers Prayer Space For Muslim Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.