Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Agnosticism Not Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Not Atheism (2947 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agnosticism Not Atheism by daryoor(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
There has been too much attention giving to atheist. thats not what annoys me what annoys me is the way nairalanders group agsnosticism as being a branch or thesame as atheism.
to put clearly, an atheist believes there is no God while An agnostic does not deny the existence of God
and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether
or not they exist. a person who claims, with respect to any particular question,
that the answer cannot be known with certainty.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
The thing confuse me o... cheesy
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
An agnostic is an atheist with no balls.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03: An agnostic is an atheist with no balls.

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2012

Lololol. But it's not always true.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
All atheists are agnostic.

People fail to realise this fact

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2012

An atheist is a christian without faith.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
musKeeto:
An atheist is a christian without faith.

Or a muslim without faith?

nonsense
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

Or a muslim without faith?

nonsense
Christian. A Good Samaritan wannabe. wink
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Dsage1: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
@op, get your fact right,Agnoticism is also Atheism.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
musKeeto:
Christian. A Good Samaritan wannabe. wink

KMA kiss
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03:
KMA kiss

Isn't that Safagmite's job? cool
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
musKeeto:

Isn't that Safagmite's job? cool

grin grin grin grin

You don craze finish
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by ijawkid(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Both atheists and agnostics are birds of a feather..........

Confused fellows......

Lol....

3 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
ijawkid: Both atheists and agnostics are birds of a feather..........

Confused fellows......

Lol....

Both Jehovah Witnesses and catholics are birds of the same feather

Confused fellows

lol
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by wiegraf: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
@moskeeto : well played, good ser. Well played

@logic: is it me, or are your posts getting funnier. The one just now with tpia on the other thread. That was mean..and funny, thank you very much

@topic
They are sort of similar, sometimes just a matter of degree. Sometimes a matter of outlook. As there's no evidence for a god (and no logic to support one), an atheist sees even considering the notion in your worldview as illogical, maybe. Or something similar

There, at least I'm not totally off topic

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by ijawkid(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

Both Jehovah Witnesses and catholics are birds of the same feather

Confused fellows

lol

You no we aint related @ all.....

The opposite of a JW is a catholic.......lol..
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

You no we aint related @ all.....

The opposite of a JW is a catholic.......lol..
Yeah, opposite feathers on the same chicken a55.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto:

Muskeeto, you don dey give some coded yabs.....
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by ijawkid(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto:

Mumu boy.....
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Mumu boy.....
grin
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by daryoor(m): 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
let me try to flip this around to see if i can this clear.

If mr A says there no life in mars that all the space expeditions and images sent back to earth by nasa proves its a large chunk of red nothingness.
Then mr B says nasa has been lying over the year that martians exist and that nasa has kept it secret over the years that images and videos of the civiliztion there is hidden from the public.
Then mr C says he doesnt know if there life in mars since he hasnt been there to see for himself.
Is mr C saying thesame thin as mr B?
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by onetrack(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
A 'strong atheist' believes that there is logical proof that God does not exist--they are 100% certain.

A 'weak atheist' usually called an 'agnostic atheist', believes that until proof of a god can be demonstrated, they believe that God does not exist but admit that it is possible--in other words God has a less than 50% chance of existing in their view.

An agnostic believes that God has a 50/50 chance of existing.

I am an agnostic atheist. If God were to appear before me and demonstrate some amazing feat that clearly breaks the laws of physics/reality, and I'm sure I'm not hallucinating, and I have other atheist friends report that they saw the same thing, then I would believe. But don't hand me a book of dusty old stories and say the proof is in there.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
onetrack: A 'strong atheist' believes that there is logical proof that God does not exist--they are 100% certain.

A 'weak atheist' usually called an 'agnostic atheist', believes that until proof of a god can be demonstrated, they believe that God does not exist but admit that it is possible--in other words God has a less than 50% chance of existing in their view.

An agnostic believes that God has a 50/50 chance of existing.

I am an agnostic atheist. If God were to appear before me and demonstrate some amazing feat that clearly breaks the laws of physics/reality, and I'm sure I'm not hallucinating, and I have other atheist friends report that they saw the same thing, then I would believe. But don't hand me a book of dusty old stories and say the proof is in there.

Bunch of BS......No one can disprove a negative. All atheists are agnostic on a scale of 9/10
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by okeyxyz(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
Bunch of BS......No one can disprove a negative. All atheists are agnostic on a scale of 9/10

what the heck are you on about? an agnostic is simply a man sitting on the fence. Evidence tells him there is no god but logic tell him there could be, therefore for him, it is possible for god to exist even though we can't see it now but perhaps we'd discover god sometime to come.

So if you wanna be atheist please be one, if you wanna be agnostic then please be one, Don't try to spin the two as one. They are two mutually exclusive positions. I remember 'outing' you as a god believer on two threads before. Are you now uncomfortable with your atheism that you want to be validated by agnosticism? grin grin

Like I said, You are free to change positions, don't blur the lines. It's not cool!!

2 Likes

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

what the heck are you on about? an agnostic is simply a man sitting on the fence. Evidence tells him there is no god but logic tell him there could be, therefore for him, it is possible for god to exist even though we can't see it now but perhaps we'd discover god sometime to come.

So if you wanna be atheist please be one, if you wanna be agnostic then please be one, Don't try to spin the two as one. They are two mutually exclusive positions. I remember 'outing' you as a god believer on two threads before. Are you now uncomfortable with your atheism that you want to be validated by agnosticism? grin grin

Like I said, You are free to change positions, don't blur the lines. It's not cool!!

Why dont you stick to talking about your christianity? You evidently dont know what you are talking about.

Can you 100% say that anything doesnt exist? No. Can you prove that the force doesnt exist? No. You cant prove a negative. You cant prove a negative.

Prove that an invisbible unicorn doesnt exist. You cant. You know that there isnt evidence for it and no rational reason to believe in it but you cant prove that it doesnt exist.

On a scale of 10, most atheists would be at 9/10 when it comes to being agnostic towards god. We know that tere isnt evidence for him but we cant prove that he doesnt exist

On a scale of 10, agnostics would range from anywhere from 1-5 because either they dont know or thy are skeptic.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by okeyxyz(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why dont you stick to talking about your christianity? You evidently dont know what you are talking about.

Can you 100% say that anything doesnt exist? No. Can you prove that the force doesnt exist? No. You cant prove a negative. You cant prove a negative.

Prove that an invisbible unicorn doesnt exist. You cant. You know that there isnt evidence for it and no rational reason to believe in it but you cant prove that it doesnt exist.

On a scale of 10, most atheists would be at 9/10 when it comes to being agnostic towards god. We know that tere isnt evidence for him but we cant prove that he doesnt exist

On a scale of 10, agnostics would range from anywhere from 1-5 because either they dont know or thy are skeptic.

Cheii!!! strike three!!! grin grin
Now I know you are truely confused.
You mean to tell me that all this while you'd been going around swearing by your grand mother's tonto that there is absolutely no god, is all for nothing? Mehn you use the name of atheism in vain. I talk am b4 say you be impostor.
Please there's no shame in changing your position, just simply switch to agnostism and be done with it. All your atheist sins will be forgiven, afterall when a moslem converts to christianity(or vice versa) they are not ashamed to say they were once moslems.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

Cheii!!! strike three!!! grin grin
Now I know you are truely confused.
You mean to tell me that all this while you'd been going around swearing by your grand mother's tonto that there is absolutely no god, is all for nothing? Mehn you use the name of atheism in vain. I talk am b4 say you be impostor.
Please there's no shame in changing your position, just simply switch to agnostism and be done with it. All your atheist sins will be forgiven, afterall when a moslem converts to christianity(or vice versa) they are not ashamed to say they were once moslems.

You are so proud to be ignorant
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by turnstoner(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
The fact that there is an epistemological difference between atheism and agnosticism should suffice! No more of this nonsense!
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
turnstoner: The fact that there is an epistemological difference between atheism and agnosticism should suffice! No more of this nonsense!

The turner of stone has spoken!

Unfortunately, it is a blurry difference
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by turnstoner(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

The turner of stone has spoken!

Unfortunately, it is a blurry difference
Actually, its the stoner of turns!

A blurry difference is a difference. You know, as we used to say: nearly can not kill a bird or a miss is as good as a mile!
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
here we go again..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Nights Of Glory 2013 / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / Is It Possible To Have Sex In A Dream And Feel It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.