Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters (11037 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Security, Power Or Electoral Reforms: Which Should Be Given Urgent Focus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Dainfamous: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
We are getting somewhere wink
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ujchief(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Regarding the office of electoral commissioner and tribunal, i'll suggest for it to be the sole duty of council members to apoint prior to election, and the tenure to elapse after the coronation of the new Eze, when its obvious there are no other matters arising from the election.
This constitution amendment we're undergoing now will make the work of the electoral bodies easier.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by 9jaIhail(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
Umu igbo udo diri unu.

As a Code of Conduct for Elected Official and ground for removal – Member i wish to state the laws our elected officials are to abide and work with.

Permit me to first address one issue that almost jeopardized our just concluded election.This is not a law but personal appeal. I wish to urge that we forgive any brethren who had in the pass denigrated or insulted igbo leaders,pass/present or sister states,and many more.But if anyone commit such acts in the future after this law had been approved and signed such person is to be ban not to contest or participate in any position in igbo leadership at least for three (3)years. After three years the person is expected to tender a clear and sound apology to igbo public not (INDIRECT APOLOGY)

I will begin with nomination process guidelines then move to other areas.All igbo sons/daughters are qualified to be nominated hence you are above 18years but you must have below qualities/requirement before standing or accepting your nomination.

Nominations Guidelines
Section A
Qualifications
A forumer shall be eligible to nominate 2
forumers only or be nominated if:

1. Such forumer is an identified Igbo poster

2. Such forumer has been a registered poster at least three months prior to the election (a waiver of nominations by 10 eligible forumers shall however suffice)

3. Nominees must at the very least accept their nomination, which shall also count as a self nomination.

4. Two nominees to amass the highest nomination shall be polled alongside the incumbent Eze, subject to the outcome of any or all petition against their candidacy.

Qualities and responsibilities expected from Eze and Eze nwanyi Ndi Igbo Nairaland

An aspiring Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland is expected to be one who:

1 understands and listens to Ndi Igbo, place igbo agenda in heart before Nigeria agenda.
2 enlightens Ndi Igbo
3 guides, but does not dictate to, Ndi Igbo
4 enables and empowers Ndi Igbo
5 motivate Ndi Igbo
6 inspires Ndi Igbo
7 credits Ndi Igbo
8 helps Ndi Igbo
9 leads Ndi Igbo by example.
10 serves Ndi Igbo
11 Always act fast to present facts to correct any misinformation or false propaganda carry out by any group or region targeting to rubbish igbo name.It is not necessary you have to involve in fights but come out when the need be address Ndi Igbo and drop a comment or present them with facts that can lay the false propaganda by the enemies to rest.

12 Don't fight Enemies of Ndi Igbo with apology.

13 always act fast to correct your mistake whenever you made one before it generated confusion or controversy among igbo's possibly apologize to them because you are elected to serve them.

All these written above is applicable to Eze/eze nwanyi.Any Eze who failed to abide by the laws written above,the law makers shall discuss and take a decision either to remove him/her or to call the eze/eze nwanyi to order.

About Electoral committee it is my humble request that PointB should continue acting as the Electoral commissioner for now.Reason because the Eze Ndi igbo Nairaland election still a new born baby changing of commissioner may set us back after been progressive in our two pass elections. This is just opinion.If igbo public insist on changing it then i shall come out with terms.

My colleague Afam i urge you to look into my presentation and make some add and remove some which you think it is not necessary.While igbos on this forum are looking into this laws written above i shall add or remove if anyone come up with good idea/suggestion or recommendation.

==============ADDITIONAL RULES ADDED=========================THE ABOVE AND BELOW RULES ARE TILL INTACT=================
I wish to add that any elected Eze Ndi igbo should not be insulted publicly or privately by igbos,anyone who publicly insult Eze/Eze nwanyi Elect shall be sanction from participating in any igbo gathering for at least 1 month.If same person repeated such offense him/she shall be sanction for 6months.Any grievances you have against any Elected Eze shall be report to the council for quick resolve.
=============================================================================================================================
I wish to inform Igbo public that learning of igbo language has been added in our new constitution/law. Please our incumbent Eze and incoming ezes and Eze nwanyi,should take note:Learning of igbo language had been added to their task.It is now their obligation to find a workable avenue/tools to organize igbo language learning for our brethren who cannot read or write igbo.
============================================================================================================================
those nominated for the posts of Eze and Eze nwanyi must accept their nominations, failure to do so is akin to disqualification. Prior to the election, the contestants must present their manifestos, they must convince us (electorates) of their Igboness, either language or stating their state, LGA,Town,village and kindred
===============================================================================================================================
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Ngwakwe: 4:26am On Nov 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Nwanne in actual sense you and i knew that the bolded can't be possible. It is hard for you to expect half of those who had voted me to turn against me. I have observed some things that is going to be helpful in ngwakwe previous suggestions,will be back later to look into it and update the rules before 2am my time.Hopefully my colleague Afam will also look into what we have gathered so far. I still maintained and preferred that any elected official who fall victim of the law his/her matter should be handle by the electoral board or eze council.The person can be send a message of caution if the offense was considerable if not that person stand automatic sack.Though the decision or judgement has to be based on the voice of the majority igbo.

The overall aim of this reform is to have checks and balances in our institutions.

And my humble submission is for us Igbo Electorates to put up a guide to checkmate the Electoral Commissioner on when to put up an issue to a vote of the whole house, hence the 1/3 signatures of the voters of which the officer received his mandate.

Secondly, any decision on whether to proceed with the impeachment will have to be made by 50.1% of the people (Igbo electorates) present online as at the time of the new poll within a specific period of time (say two days or so) to avoid been seen as a witchhaunt against one of our own leader by certain clique or faction.

Lastly but not the least, any issue relating to the throne and the parliament should be handled by the Eze and his cabinet.

This is the explanation of the submission I proposed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Ngwakwe: 4:51am On Nov 13, 2012
Please, any proposal/proposals should be organised into sections and sub-sections as to allow voting based on clause by clause consideration to avoid inserting 3rd term agenda in a well crafted Constitution.

Referandum should be passed by not less than 60% of vote cast in support.

We should avoid pit-holes and certain ambiguous terms that should require Supreme Court explanation in this constitution.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2012
ifyalways: uhm,what do we define as ridicule or insult?
Who decides when one has done both ?

If actually one is guilty of that and is nominated for a post what does it say?some Igbos didn't see the so called ridicule and if s/he wins what's the message?s/he actually spoke the minds of Igbos on Nld, no ?

I'm yet to see a reason,just one .For which a bonafide Igbo should be disqualified.

+1000
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ujchief(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2012
@pointB,
so far, many proposals have been made, so whats the way forward? Are we adopting them by default are passing them into a vote?
We've got lots of things to do, lets start adopting some of these proposals b4 this thread looses steam.
1. I made a proposal about appointment and tenure of electoral commissioner and tribunal.
2. Ngwakwe made a proposal about conditions for removal of elected office holders. His proposal has recieved lots of suports already.
3. We discuss about adopting the profiling method for acception nominations and votes.
Please do consider these proposals and adopt or bring them up for a vote.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by 9jaIhail(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2012
Ngwakwe: Let all Igbo sons and daughters learn how to separate their personal opinions from legal/proven facts on which judgements are based.

Having considered the implications of the above statement. I advice that all proven Igbo sons and daughters be allow to vote and be voted for.

To buttress my point further, it is the duty of the election commission to give time for at least three or four nominated candidates to present their manifestos and also form alliance to campaign.

It is then the duty and function of each candidate to present to the Nl Online Igbo electorates their views, belief and vision. It also include their ability to dig into the posts of their opponent and quoting them as to educate the electorates why such candidates should be ditched.

Let allow superior arguement to win. These are my humble take.

Ikology: Greetings my people, 'ndi nwe mu na ndi mu nwe, ekene mu unu' The issue of who should be allowed to vie for the post of Eze or Ezenwanyi ndigbo Nl is been overflogged, those nominated for these posts must accept their nominations, failure to do so is akin to disqualification. Prior to the election, the contestants must present their manifestos, they must convince us (electorates) of their Igboness, either language or stating their state, LGA,Town,village and kindred, issues regarding their Igboness should be used as campagne against them. Let the electorate decide,

The two above suggestions are similar and had been added into the constitution last night.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Odunnu: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2012
Am I just seeing this thread? Na wa o. Una don dey do secret society meeting for NL?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
ujchief: @pointB,
so far, many proposals have been made, so whats the way forward? Are we adopting them by default are passing them into a vote?
We've got lots of things to do, lets start adopting some of these proposals b4 this thread looses steam.
1. I made a proposal about appointment and tenure of electoral commissioner and tribunal.
2. Ngwakwe made a proposal about conditions for removal of elected office holders. His proposal has recieved lots of suports already.
3. We discuss about adopting the profiling method for acception nominations and votes.
Please do consider these proposals and adopt or bring them up for a vote.

My brother.
Your proposal on appointment of tribunal is noted. It will be adopted provided there is no counter proposal or objection.

Ngwake proposal on removal of elected official has not be adopted. There is a another proposal by 9ja_I_hail. Besides, his proposal needs to be reconciled with yours. Don't forget you proposed that electoral officers mandate expires at the end of a successful election. This implies that there won't be an active electoral officer for some period within a tenure. This creates a gap in Ngwake's proposal.

Profiling has been agreed in principle. But the raging controversy over basis for disqualification or not to disqualify leaves a big question on what to look for when profiling and what to do with 'actionable' results.

I think we still have some fine tuning to do on these proposals so far.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
Odunnu: Am I just seeing this thread? Na wa o. Una don dey do secret society meeting for NL?

Secret society meeting for where? We fit? Lol
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Odunnu: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
So how come I havent seen it until today?
BTW, i'm still in pg3 and appears we already have enough suggestions.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

The two above suggestions are similar and had been added into the constitution last night.

Ok some suggestions have been added into the constitution already?? Have people agreed to it? If na so my own and Ifyalways own nko? When una go put am for constitution?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ebere1712: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
PointB:

My brother.
Your proposal on appointment of tribunal is noted. It will be adopted provided there is no counter proposal or objection.

Ngwake proposal on removal of elected official has not be adopted. There is a another proposal by 9ja_I_hail. Besides, his proposal needs to be reconciled with yours. Don't forget you proposed that electoral officers mandate expires at the end of a successful election. This implies that there won't be an active electoral officer for some period within a tenure. This creates a gap in Ngwake's proposal.

Profiling has been agreed in principle. But the raging controversy over basis for disqualification or not to disqualify leaves a big question on what to look for when profiling and what to do with 'actionable' results.

I think we still have some fine tuning to do on these proposals so far.
PointB, I like the work you have been doing so far, and as a son of the soil; I am thrilled that we as Igbos (under your initiative), have been able to come this far. However I would like yous to be more organised and get more people onboard, by showing your commitment to transparency. The Eze-nwanyi of nairaland, is not above the Igbo amala. Infact, I will like to go ahead to say that it would be unacceptable to most Igbos, for the powers that should rest with the people, to be relegated to a few electoral officers. I would like to make a range of suggestions based on the different scenarios that I can envisage. I think this could be a good template for a better organised and transparent discussion for this thread. So I will start by placing the code of conduct atop the scenarios because I think that is where we are at now.

CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ELECTED IGBO NAIRALAND OFFICIALS
I would suggest now that the role of the eze and eze nwanyi of nairaland be carefully defined here. I would also suggest that the Eze or Eze nwanyi have no previous relationship history. I would also suggest that the Eze/Ezenwanyi be delegated the duty of calling for a voting exercises. This should include the duty to call for dethronement voting. Anyway these are just suggestions. UmuIgbo have the final say.

[center]Scenario Election[/center]
Every scenario can be discussed and edited by umuigbo. This is just a template

1) Eze would call for an election. Elections, as I understand, shall be held yearly.
2) Voters registration period be commenced at a time specified by the current Eze
3) The Eze would have to nominate his officials (Electoral, administrative, or any other positions he/she deems necessary)
4) Voting would be started at a time specified by the Eze and last for at least 2 weeks. May be extended by the Eze's appointed electoral commission.

[center]Scenario Early Election[/center]

This scenario is necessary when it is deemed by Eze/Eze-nwanyi, that the Eze/Eze-nwanyi has/had broken the
code of conduct for elected nairaland personalities
or for any other applicable reason.

[center]Scenario Making/amending constitution[/center]

Here I would suggest we use and organised system to keep track of suggestions.

Every subject should be done one after the other. Crossing between subjects should be illegal and anybody caught distracting this important process should be excommunicated by the order of the Eze Igbo of nairaland.

1) All suggestions made by eligible umuigbo should be compiled. Concisely stating each the person's nairaland ID and his/her suggestion.
Any of these suggestion that receives enough support from umuigbo, should then be discussed extensively and if accepted by a majority should be passed into law by the Eze.

Please UmuIgbo lets use this generic template to keep out ideas organised

Igbo kwezuonu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
goldylock:

Ok some suggestions have been added into the constitution already?? Have people agreed to it? If na so my own and Ifyalways own nko? When una go put am for constitution?

Every opinion will be taken into consideration before the final document will be drawn.

Let's just keep them coming...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ifyalways(f): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
I'll love to hear more from you,Eze Only Truth.my thoughts are that we are a group,a people and not a poltical party.Having that in mind,we are bound to have conflicting opinions on issues concerning Ndi and Ala Igbo.How do we handle our differences,tolerate each others views without necessarily seeing each other as sell outs or sabo?
Onlytruth:

That is exactly what this process is trying to design and define. That very issue is very important because I see no future in an institution that can be poopooed by anyone just because the leader of that institution is powerless. If we allow that to happen willy nilly, then we might as well kiss the whole thing goodbye.

BTW, I believe that this question is similar to asking "how does anyone define beauty?" We are humans, and there can be a broad agreement as to what is beautitul.
That is why beauty pageants are possible. That is why "beautiful" women are harder to get than ugly ones. lol.
So, let's not pretend that most people don't know when they are insulting their fellow humans.

I am ready to discuss this more. . .
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ifyalways(f): 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
ebere1712:
PointB, I like the work you have been doing so far, and as a son of the soil; I am thrilled that we as Igbos (under your initiative), have been able to come this far. However I would like yous to be more organised and get more people onboard, by showing your commitment to transparency. The Eze-nwanyi of nairaland, is not above the Igbo amala. Infact, I will like to go ahead to say that it would be unacceptable to most Igbos, for the powers that should rest with the people, to be relegated to a few electoral officers. I would like to make a range of suggestions based on
the different scenarios that I can envisage. I think this could be a good template for a better organised and
transparent discussion for this thread. So I will start by placing the code of conduct atop the scenarios because I think that is where we are at now.

I would suggest now that the role of the eze and eze nwanyi of nairaland be carefully defined here. I would
also suggest that the Eze or Eze nwanyi have no previous relationship history. I would also suggest that the Eze/Ezenwanyi be delegated the duty of calling for
a voting exercises. This should include the duty to call for dethronement voting. Anyway these are just suggestions. UmuIgbo have the final say.

1) Eze would call for an election. Elections, as I understand, shall be held yearly.
2) Voters registration period be commenced at a time specified by the current Eze
3) The Eze would have to nominate his officials
(Electoral, administrative, or any other positions he/she deems necessary)

4) Voting would be started at a time specified by the Eze and last for at least 2 weeks. May be extended by the Eze's appointed electoral commission.

This scenario is necessary when it is deemed by Eze/Eze-nwanyi, that the Eze/Eze-nwanyi has/had
broken the or for any other applicable reason.

Every subject should be done one after the other.
Crossing between subjects should be illegal and anybody caught distracting this important process should be excommunicated by the order of the Eze Igbo of nairaland.

1) All suggestions made by eligible umuigbo should be compiled. Concisely stating each the person's nairaland ID and his/her suggestion.
Any of these suggestion that receives enough support from umuigbo, should then be discussed extensively and if accepted by a majority should be passed into law by the Eze.

Igbo kwezuonu.
@bolded(3), I suggest the Eze selects his cabinet
mbers.The cabinet members would in turn nominate and elect candidates for other positions ie electoral etc.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
we are progressing

[size=14pt]igbo kwenu!
[/size]

God bless ndigbo! cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
what exactly is the essence of this exercise??
i mean, does the eventual winner get a pat on the back?? kiss on the cheek?? or something??

i dont know but this joint is choked up with so much bitching, finger-pointing, suspicion and skepticism.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2012
ebere1712:
PointB, I like the work you have been doing so far, and as a son of the soil; I am thrilled that we as Igbos (under your initiative), have been able to come this far. However I would like yous to be more organised and get more people onboard, by showing your commitment to transparency. The Eze-nwanyi of nairaland, is not above the Igbo amala. Infact, I will like to go ahead to say that it would be unacceptable to most Igbos, for the powers that should rest with the people, to be relegated to a few electoral officers. I would like to make a range of suggestions based on the different scenarios that I can envisage. I think this could be a good template for a better organised and transparent discussion for this thread. So I will start by placing the code of conduct atop the scenarios because I think that is where we are at now.

I would suggest now that the role of the eze and eze nwanyi of nairaland be carefully defined here. I would also suggest that the Eze or Eze nwanyi have no previous relationship history. I would also suggest that the Eze/Ezenwanyi be delegated the duty of calling for a voting exercises. This should include the duty to call for dethronement voting. Anyway these are just suggestions. UmuIgbo have the final say.

3) The Eze would have to nominate his officials (Electoral, administrative, or any other positions he/she deems necessary)

This scenario is necessary when it is deemed by Eze/Eze-nwanyi, that the Eze/Eze-nwanyi has/had broken the or for any other applicable reason.

Every subject should be done one after the other. Crossing between subjects should be illegal and anybody caught distracting this important process should be excommunicated by the order of the Eze Igbo of nairaland.

Igbo kwezuonu.

My brother thank you,
It's true I have not put in my usual zeal in this process. The problem is that I am really constrained for time (and my technology of contribution is limited to a small hand-held device), besides I don't want to appear to be 'hijacking' the process. Lol.

I like the points you have highlighted and of course will see how it all fits it. Perhaps you should explain what you mean by not having 'previous relationship.'

But I can assure you that in the seemingly chaos there is organisation. Don't forget I am not doing this alone. Eze Nwayi elect and my self are supposed to co-ordinate this Electoral Reform section, I believe she is taking notes. 9ja_I_hail has also be doing a good job in the moderation effort. 9ja_-_hail and Afam are detailed to moderate the Code of Conduct, while Ujchief moderate Agenda for the Incoming Eze and other matters. However, the detailed compilation you suggested is time consuming, a luxury many cant afford presently. I don't mind if you can help with that.

Now I agree we should clarify further the role the Eze/Eze Nwayi should perform, and perhaps what 'power' they can exercise, and perhaps the instrumentality of exercising such power. Before that we may need to also itemise the code of ethics for those who subscribe to this process. Such code of ethics will serve as a yardstick for determining who qualifies for what.

The Electoral Officers are not as 'powerful' as some of us imagined. What happened in the past is what needed to be done to move us forward. Let me remind you, that the first election was a one man show, the second had four people. It means we are moving forward. And today, we are still looking for ways to better institutionalised the process of selecting them.

Let me touch briefly again on Eze Nwayi (even though I am tired of explaining it). Unlike Okija-juju, complaints against her was raised in the middle of an election. I don't know anywhere candidates are disqualified in the middle of an election. If there is, it is unfortunate that our electoral rule did not envisage nor made provision for that. But if Umu Igbo insists she must leave, the fair and just way to achieve that is to transparently agree to process of removal of elected offical. Which can be put to use every now and then. Until then, we need to recognise her as Eze Nwayi. I have no personal interest in the matter, I only want what is fair for all. To destroy is very easy, the hardest thing to do is to build. That is why I appreciate all those who stick around here to give their input despite their objections. That in my book is the truest form of commitment. Giving you inputs despite your misgivings. Very few people are able to do that.

The most I can promise is to resume here with full vigor as soon as I am a little freer. This process is schedule to run for some time.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Ank(m): 6:22am On Nov 14, 2012
ifyalways: I'll love to hear more from you,Eze Only Truth.my thoughts are that we are a group,a people and not a poltical party.Having that in mind,we are bound to have conflicting opinions on issues concerning Ndi and Ala Igbo.How do we handle our differences,tolerate each others views without necessarily seeing each other as sell outs or sabo?
Ihope I am not stepping on toes on this, but here is my perspective on this.
Americans will say, "if it quacks like a hawk, walks like a hawk and looks like a hawk, then it is a hawk.
I do not personnally think that any body will be labelled sell out or sabo by one isoloated 'tangential'opiniun or comment on issues concerning igbos. There must have been a pattern, some previous opinions that will lead to such a conclusion, it seems to me.
Osadebe of the blessed memory in one of his musics noted,"that to do the right thing does not mean to raise your hand, but to do what is right in the eyes of man and in the eyes of God". So, nobody here is a child, we are all adults and/or professional and will know our ssbos when we see one. Just my two cents.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by biafranbaby(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2012
So where is the talked about election tribunal that was supposed to sit before coronation?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 14, 2012
Lol. I think this is a busy period for many of us. I haven't been posting but have read every post and like the suggestions thus far. We shouldn't be discouraged by what some may deem a lack of interest or motivation. Many of us have seen of what Eze Ndi Igbo is capable. The constitution drafting over the summer was impressive. We can do it again. So, let's continue voicing opinions and ideas to take the best strides forward.

I'll compile "minutes" (if you will) of suggestions from this thread as ebere smartly suggested. I hope no one has a problem with that. If there are no objections. I'll hold onto them and post them in the future if/when needed.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Onlytruth(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
ifyalways: I'll love to hear more from you,Eze Only Truth.my thoughts are that we are a group,a people and not a poltical party.Having that in mind,we are bound to have conflicting opinions on issues concerning Ndi and Ala Igbo.How do we handle our differences,tolerate each others views without necessarily seeing each other as sell outs or sabo?

Ify, thanks for this question. I believe that Ank gave the best answer possible on general individual disagreements.
On disagreement with the Eze, I can say that it has been happening constantly throughout my tenure. It is part of what makes us Igbo, what makes us a strong people.
The Eze must not impose his opinions, and I try not to: I persuade strongly, but that's it. I have personally on several occassions disagreed with some of our brothers and sisters on a number of issues; but that is where the disagreement ended. Respectful disagreement with the Eze (or anyone for that matter) is what we all want; what we are actually working towards, hoping to achieve with this document.
My particular interest is that the Eze should not be insulted and ridiculed. I know how particularly painful this issue is (talking from experience). We have politicians who are PAID and make serious money, but DO NOTHING for us to defend our interests; yet we revere and honor them. This job comes with some collateral bagages which the Eze will have to bear on his head. None here will help him with that. Therefore it is very important that we encourage, protect and defend the Eze because he is working for us. The Eze is Ndigbo here. An attack on the Eze (whether verbal or non-verbal) is an attack on Ndigbo as a whole. I have to say these to help us protect this institution.
Thanks my sister.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Onlytruth(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
ogugua88: Lol. I think this is a busy period for many of us. I haven't been posting but have read every post and like the suggestions thus far. We shouldn't be discouraged by what some may deem a lack of interest or motivation. Many of us have seen of what Eze Ndi Igbo is capable. The constitution drafting over the summer was impressive. We can do it again. So, let's continue voicing opinions and ideas to take the best strides forward.

I'll compile "minutes" (if you will) of suggestions from this thread as ebere smartly suggested. I hope no one has a problem with that. If there are no objections. I'll hold onto them and post them in the future if/when needed.

Thanks sister Ogugua88, please compile and present it to us here so that we can all keep track and work from there.
Yes, we are all very busy, but that is why this job is sacrificial in nature. We shall get there as you noted.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ujchief(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
i gues Eze Onlytruth will have to use his veto power to make a implement lots of proposals and laws. It will be one of the greatest achievement of this tenure.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ujchief(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
I guess Eze Onlytruth will have to use his veto power to implement most of the proposals made so far. It will be one of the greatest achievements of this tenure to succesfully establish laid down guidlines and principles for elected Ezes/ezenwanyi and electoral guidlines.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
My brother Ujchief,
Maybe you should start your part on setting Agenda and Other Matter for the Incoming. I am very busy now, and mostly on the move. Will resume fully on this thread by next week.

A lot still need to be done. And I don't particularly like have measure.

@9ja_I_hail,
I received your mail. Sorry I am unable to respond now. My mobile device acts funny each time I click reply button. Rest assured, I will address your concern in the affirmative.

@ all, this process is far from over. Let's not forget it is scheduled to run till december. So let's keep our contributions coming. The debate is still on.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Onlytruth(m): 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ogugua88, I saw you just a while ago on this thread. I thought you promised to collate and present everything we've done so far.
Let's see how far.

The same appeal goes to all the officials of this process. The process will run till late December but we need to keep things fresh.
Jisienu ike!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by EzePromoe: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
Onlytruth: Ogugua88, I saw you just a while ago on this thread. I thought you promised to collate and present everything we've done so far.
Let's see how far.

The same appeal goes to all the officials of this process. The process will run till late December but we need to keep things fresh.
Jisienu ike!
Only if the thread will still be alive till then. The thread is dying a slow death. Too dull. sad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by EzePromoe: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
Onlytruth: Ogugua88, I saw you just a while ago on this thread. I thought you promised to collate and present everything we've done so far.
Let's see how far.

Jisienu ike!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Onlytruth(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Only if the thread will still be alive till then. The thread is dying a slow death. Too dull. sad

My brother the only reason for running this long is to ensure that at least most of our people have enough knowledge regarding this process.
You know our people. Soon you will see someone coming to Nairaland to ask question like "when did we choose an Eze?"; "when did we enact any electoral laws"; believe me I've seen it happen here several times.
I understand your point though about the dullness of the whole thing now. cry Let's keep hope alive though. I may ask for an earlier end of the process if the dullness continues.
Thanks for your unalloyed support my brother. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Lawal Kaita, Former Kaduna Governor / God Will Not Allow Any Other Party In Lagos Except APC – Oba Akiolu / Some Members Of LP In Ogun Back Doyin Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.