Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

On The Subject Of Rape - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On The Subject Of Rape (917 Views)

Black Man Writes A Letter To The White Woman Who Falsely Accused Him Of Rape / Why Are Girls Scared Of Rape? / Help Needed On The Subject Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Subject Of Rape by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
Without meaning to give offense to anyone this issue has bothered me a lil.
Do ladies who have been raped tend to be more free with sex than others or is the reverse the case?
If they are what can one do to help?
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by Busta(f): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2008
Nahh, I don’t think so. I oppose that they become free with sex.

RAPE is “the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse”. Someone being forced into doing what they do not wanna do. How and why would the same person decide to start giving it out freely?

Secondly, forced intercourse is actually painful and can bruise the woman both physically and emotionally. Especially in a situation where the woman is a virgin and has neva done it before. Why in turn would such a woman wanna go thru the ordeal again? Especially in a situation where the woman is a virgin and has neva done it before.

I think it is the reverse as pple have intercourse willingly and enjoy this will give it freely than someone that was raped.
At least, this is in ma own opinion.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by adeboo(f): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
I think they see sex which is something that is supposed to be sacred as an assault on their body.
So in turn i dont think they enjoy sex afterwards.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by boronze(m): 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ poster
it depends on d female ,as some become frigid sexually,while some turnout to be more promiscous than obj
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
*****thread too sensitive to get involved. . . . but subscribing anyway*****
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by Faitymine(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hmmmmm, Hell Razor! cry cry cry
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hmm, it is the reverse case i think. They have been violated so i doubt they will be more free with sex. Rape is not sex. Rape is not about lust, passion etc but rape is a violation of a womans' rights concerning her body, so if anything, they won't be 'free' or 'as' free. What I think anyway. undecided
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by Mandora(f): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2008
2 Poster: i'd say u mr wit seay need 2 have ur head xamined if u think a rape victim wld b freer wit sex. Incase u didnt knw, rape is a tramautic incident!
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by LordReed(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2008
Mandora:

2 Poster: i'd say u mr wit seay need 2 have your head xamined if u think a rape victim would b freer wit sex. Incase u didnt knw, rape is a tramautic incident!
Look I know it's traumatic but my experience wit people says that despite dat they do not become frigid but d opposite is the case. In fact they have a lil ruthless streak in them dat seems to almost compel them n it makes me wonder.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by jkpretty(f): 8:52am On Feb 04, 2008
Raped victims mostly result in frigidity, or they hate sex/men

If they end up being free, is either they enjoyed it while being raped or they were not virgins when they were raped. But really even if they were not virgins the trauma could still make them frigid.

@Poster perhaps if guys were raped they are the ones that become free.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by blacklion(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2008
REED,

I think you are mixing up child abuse and rape. Psychologists say women who were sexually abused as kids often develop feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness which leads them to become promiscuous or frigid later on. I've never heard that rape victims become promiscous but I have heard and read that they may become frigid. I actually have a friend whose babe who used to cry bitterly whenever they had sex; she later told him about being raped by some cultists in her school.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by LordReed(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Blacklion
Mayb u are rite. Cos in mentioning rape I have included all forms of forced sexual experiences.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
It cld actually result in either end of the spectrum, total repression or wanton expression. many factors involved. age is one, the assailant is another, circumstances surrounding the act etc. Try'n read up on post traumatic stress disorder vis-a-vis rape and u'll get a betta hang of what i'm sayin.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
@lamidebaby
Will do dat thanks.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by nyinyi: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hi pple i believe that yes most girls become frigid but in most cases though rare u c some actually enjoying sex it all depends on the immediate guy who goes next if hes the paitent type then he can intro d girl into d pleasures of sex but lets face most guys only think of their pleasure so i belive dat giaven the chance and incentive d girl mit actually come to enjoy sex
c ya
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by choco4life(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2008
Come to think of it, is there any difference between rape and consensual sex especially to non virgins. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . permit me, at least some people have sex violently(three thrusts per second) and not complain.
Re: On The Subject Of Rape by LordReed(m): 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2008
There is a difference btw violent consensual sex n rape in that though they may b similar in physical outcome (hurting, bruising, tearing even death) the emotional trauma for rape victims is far worse.

(1) (Reply)

Your View About Valentine / Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? / Guys Only: What To Do When Another Guy Is Making A Move On Your Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.