Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan (8665 Views)

Nigeia Will Be History If I Am Arrested Asari Dokubo / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan / Boko Haram Will Soon Be History. Jonathan In France. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by zegtech(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan said in Maiduguri yesterday that the Boko Haram insurgency would soon become a history.

The president, who stated this in his condolence message to the family, the government and people of Borno State over the killing of General Mamman Shuwa, said he was passionate about restoring peace to Borno, Yobe and all other crisis-ridden states in the north.

The Civil War veteran was killed last Friday at his Gwange residence in Maiduguri.

Jonathan, who message was delivered by the Minister of State for Youths Development, Inuwa Abdulkadir, described the slain retired general as a nationalist that worked tirelessly for the nation’s unity.

Jonathan, who said he was deeply pained by the spate of killings in parts of the north and was working assiduously to restore peace there, added: “The Boko Haram crisis cannot be aligned to any religion as no religion preaches violence. It is just that some guys are hiding under the guise of religion to ferment trouble, but it is a well known fact that no religion condones violence, we pray that the situation becomes history soonest.”

Responding, Governor Kashim Shettima described Shuwa as a tower of strength to many, his community and the government.

“General Shuwa was an iconic soldier, astute administrator and quintessential community man. He was living with the people, fought for the people and died for the people. While his colleagues were living in Asokoro and Lagos, Shuwa lived in the density Gwange area and identified with the people. We are definitely going to miss not only his intellect, but his useful advises,” the governor said.

Other members of the delegation such other ministers of state as Alhaji Bukar Tijjani (Agriculture), Yerima Ngalma (Finance) and Ambassador Bashir Yuguda (Sports).

The president has been criticized for failing to visit Borno and Yobe States, the hotbed of the Boko Haram crisis where thousands of people have been killed.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/180833-boko-haram-will-soon-be-history-jonathan?device=desktop
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by eduson55(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
by our money for settlement.
nonsensicalitalized nonsense
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Redmosquito(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Minion: Ur Painfulness! GEJ has promised to wipe out Bokoharam for good grin
Hades: Mtcheww!! Tell me better news jare! Shay royal meal still dey for house?
Minion: undecided

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Oh I thought he even went to Borno himself! Im no fit na.mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by jhydebaba(m): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by jhydebaba(m): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Even den no born pressy well make he step Borno but den fit dey post corp members there.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by teniyi(m): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
An often repeated statement

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by SisiKill1: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Okay, as much as I am not a big fan of GEJ, I really wish these reporters would stop twisting his words just to make him look like something he isn't. The title of this article is really very deceptive. undecided

He did not say Boko Haram will soon be history. . .saying that would imply he is actually doing something towards that goal and we all know that's not who he is.

What he said is "we pray that the situation becomes history soonest"

. . . Now THAT is the GEJ we know and love! THE ACTIONLESS/PRAYER WARRIOR KING!! cool

20 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by fergusen: 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
I pray so
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by otokx(m): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
President sef dey fear to enter Maiduguri.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by mojounited(m): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
With all due respect Mr President, STFU for once...! angry

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by safarigirl(f): 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
How many times have we heard this gist? It's pretty hard to believe when members of the sect keep pulling off Houdini-style disappearing acts and escape tricks....so forgive us Mr. President, if we sensible Nigerians, take this news with just a pinch of salt.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Yinkay: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
We are on top of it!!!
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mr president is clown ....lol
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by azimibraun: 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Head of CIA resigns for sleeping with another woman hvin bin married for 37yrs.. Naija frm start till date nobody hs resigned for failure to perform dia official duties let alone fo adultery.. Hw boko wan take stop wen its a money makin venture for those in d security circle? Bizness is booming for our security chiefs and security contractors and dia cronies in d presidency. Jtf na hammering hustle o!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Agiliti(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
zegtech: It is just that some guys are hiding under the guise of religion to ferment trouble, but it is a well known fact that no religion condones violence, we pray that the situation becomes history soonest.”
less talk, more action
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by kaydibs(f): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
I kinda feel sorry for d dude. Seems confused to me

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by olatunde1234: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bokoharam will be history when he leave the office by 2015

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by yohannazack(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dis our presido too fear o. Na to dey send indigens of crisis affected areas to represent him, small shame no dey at all. I pray GOD wil allow dis bh cup to pass sha. But dis tin dey funny me, gej no get new words fo condolence, e be like say na names of person dem dey change but d content remain d same. Dis kind of presido (phd) sef, god wil help him sha.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by azimibraun: 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
Working ways by stephen marley blasting in my ear drum abt nw and I jst remember growing up back in d 80's wen life ws plenty fun all we did back den a as a ppl ws 2 work and pray and merry.. Nw I honestly cnt define Nigeria. I need help in defining the new nigeria.. Anybody?
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by justsayemma(m): 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
D last tym i went shopin,talk was stil cheap.we r tired of his story,y innocent lives r bein wasted.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by highlandre(m): 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Can we get someone to dirty-slap this man called GEJ? Somebody should remind Mr. President that people are dying everyday as a result of his empty security promises.

I don't want to hear anything from this weakling of a president jor!
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by babaowo: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
yeah they will, Insha Jesus!!!
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by PastorOla1: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Wait and see, the blood of the innocent will soon cry in this nation.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
So he has changed from "we are on top of the situation" to "it will soon be History".
Na wetin we go hear next?
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Oh, my Gawwwd, this mad man wont shut the hell up and go join his portly illiterate wife in the Gym.
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by AZeD1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
I thought he said they will be history in June when he went to South Korea earlier this year?
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by lacasa: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
A-ZeD:
I thought he said they will be history in June when he went to South Korea earlier this year?

This is Part 2 grin
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by poweredcom(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nobetoday we don dey hear this from the lame duck cowboy president
Re: Boko Haram Will Soon Be History – Jonathan by azimibraun: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
Confusion!! Confusion!! Confusion!!
I hv never bin more afraid than I am nw of Nigeria.. While Boko is wasting lives swiftly up north, else wia in d country d slightest allegation/accusation of theft, molestation or witchcraft is one gruesome beaten and burning alive death for u. I am very scared honestly. Horrifyin/gruesome death is very handy in naija nw. Mob jungle justice scares d shit out of me more than a boko bomb.God change my folks for good pls sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N15bn Loan Approved For Locally-made Buses / Fasheun's OPC Faction Clashes With Police While Launching UPN / Arewa Consultative Forum Divided Over Buhari’s Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.