Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers (22116 Views)

A Thread For Professional & Intending Truck Drivers / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers / Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Dereformer(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Come o did any ACA ie chartered accountant apply?
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Ninilowo(m): 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
If you mention Garri too much, you may be banned on Nairaland. I THINK ANYONE POSTING EPISTES LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED TOO. This is too long joor.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by dnawah(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
Billyonaire: They are paid per trip. A haulage from PH to kano earns average of 400k. Am sure some people will venture it 3 times a month and earn 1.2million
what?i dont regret y i no apply o!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by ijigbamigb(m): 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
I just wish our government will play it roles in ensuring the safety of these graduates. Our roads are porous and our highways have become offices for robbers and hijackers.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by dnawah(m): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
johnstar: easy baby, der is a job on ground nw, a fwnd of my need abt 3 female 2 drive his keke maruwa undecided undecided, u gals will b ridding d keke 4rm ikeja 2 ajah. will u apply, juz snd me ur cv tongue
i beg no kill me,u funny o!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by qutemichelle: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
All this truck drivers are paid per trip.. I know that because my bf is into haulage and logistic business and he pays he's truck drivers over 200k per trip... So if u are smart and sharp,u will go like 2 to 3 times in a month.. If he pays them like that,imagine wat dangote will pay the graduate drivers,even more.. So don't sit down and laugh at them when they are earning better than people working there butts off every day
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by toluene12: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
People keep saying graduates look down on jobs beneath their dignity, yet 13,000 of them applied for 100 slots. Anyway call it whatever they like it remains underemployment, and for me there's no applause in that.
For the successful applicants I wish them luck in their new endeavour, at least its a huge relief waking up n knowing u have a job. It does a lot to a man's confidence.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by UmarSanda: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Its so good out here in Zaria, NITT is a very big skool close 2 d skool of aviation, they have great instructors and modest facilities.

We are been take cared of wella, we were given buckets, chairs n table, water dispensers, new TV wit cable, bedsheets every 2wks, plus a very good acomodation, infact d AC 4 my room too much, and of course 3 square meal.

Infact am enjoying maself here. Make i go watch ManU vs Aston Villa match jare.

Believe me 2 guys were calld yesterday 2 complete d 100,cos som ppl faild 2 report expecialy girls. Na wa o, gatecrashers stil follow us reach here.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by nenepea(f): 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
laodedRay: cryCongratulations to our new "breeds" of truck drivers. This is what my country has turn graduates into!
sorry! LoadedRay, you are still living in stoneage. This is breath of FRESH AIR indeed.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by oshyno(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Umar Sanda: Its so good out here in Zaria, NITT is a very big skool close 2 d skool of aviation, they have great instructors and modest facilities.

We are been take cared of wella, we were given buckets, chairs n table, water dispensers, new TV wit cable, bedsheets every 2wks, plus a very good acomodation, infact d AC 4 my room too much, and of course 3 square meal.

Infact am enjoying maself here. Make i go watch ManU vs Aston Villa match jare.

Believe me 2 guys were calld yesterday 2 complete d 100,cos som ppl faild 2 report expecialy girls. Na wa o, gatecrashers stil follow us reach here.

Lol at gatecrasher still follow una reach there. Guy am happy 4u.Just keep ur head up n cool n u will become anoda Dangote. All d best.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
Booty4me: Abeg who read that thing make him summarize for me
u no go school?
abeg read am ursef jorr angry angry
mey wey reach only primary six i read an understand the topic wella grin
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
ijigbamigb: I just wish our government will play it roles in ensuring the safety of these graduates. Our roads are porous and our highways have become offices for robbers and hijackers.
What you noted are the only demerits I find about the program. Bad roads and bandits on th highway.
Dereformer: Come o did any ACA ie chartered accountant apply?
I read on a different forum about an accountant with a 2.1 accounting degree and Ican that applied for the same job.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by MOBBDEEP: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Billyonaire: They are paid per trip. A haulage from PH to kano earns average of 400k. Am sure some people will venture it 3 times a month and earn 1.2million

I no sabi every & I stand to be corrected/taught, but I wonder the value of what they are hauling that a truck driver will be paid 400grand despite the fact that he's not the owner of the truck.
Take for instance, an average truck hauls about 600 bags of cement which put the total value at 900k if we use 1,500 per bag. I'm just thinking how possible it is to pay the driver 400grand for only his driving service.
Even the independent truck owners get paid around 250k.
Like I said, I wish to be educated if I'm incorrect.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by owobokiri(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
How many kids will strive to graduate from college if they know that they will end up as truck drivers in a company owned by a man whose academic credentials is in tatters? How does this help education in the end? Methinks this illiterate fake billionaire is busy demoralizing our kids with this thing. If he wants to help the unemployed, why not set out 100 billion naira in a bank and ask graduates to come up with solid inventive ideas on how to start up businesses, then the best ideas will be rewarded with interest free grants from there?
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by cecegorz(m): 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
Billyonaire: each of those drivers will be millionaires within months cos there are so many deals in the sector.
Not really bro.
Let's just say, they will be comfortable paying their bills and taking care of their families.
Earning millions in salary and being a millionaire are miles apart.

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by abdulkayus(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
owobokiri: How many kids will strive to graduate from college if they know that they will end up as truck drivers in a company owned by a man whose academic credentials is in tatters? How does this help education in the end? Methinks this illiterate fake billionaire is busy demoralizing our kids with this thing. If he wants to help the unemployed, why not set out 100 billion naira in a bank and ask graduates to come up with solid inventive ideas on how to start up businesses, then the best ideas will be rewarded with interest free grants from there?

c dis illitrate, who told u Dangote is an illitrate billionaire? FYI, Dangote has a degree in business admin frm cairo university, in which after he graduated, he borrow money frm his uncle to start business and repay d uncle back in full in 6 months tym. Siddon there dey yarn shit, cis u hear misinformed ppl sayin he is illitrate, so u too follow d bandwagon.
Na even d illitrate dey make money nowadays. Name dem, bill gate, late steven job, mack zuckerberg. Better go use ur brain dude.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by qutemichelle: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
owobokiri: How many kids will strive to graduate from college if they know that they will end up as truck drivers in a company owned by a man whose academic credentials is in tatters? How does this help education in the end? Methinks this illiterate fake billionaire is busy demoralizing our kids with this thing. If he wants to help the unemployed, why not set out 100 billion naira in a bank and ask graduates to come up with solid inventive ideas on how to start up businesses, then the best ideas will be rewarded with interest free grants from there?

And he should do that because u made his money with him abi? See ur mouth! U are not glad he is helping people who have been sitting at home doing nothing,u asking him to set aisde 100 billion#ode
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by omenziate(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
O boy, dis country dey hot o. Dat Msc own sef shock me to my marrows. Morale to read for undergraduates go drop by 20% after dis kind news.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Ignatio(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
Those that dropped their banking job for this should be flogged. >:<
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sijo01:

nah, thanks for the offer. Mi nor interested. I prefer a verrrry big truck.

This girl is up to something. See her mouth...."I prefer verry big truck" She even emphasize the " very"smiley Why big? Can't you go for small or intermediate?
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by queensmith: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
are there no women in the scheme? no female applicants? mshew, why am i not surprised, and they call this a forward movement
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by PHIPEX(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
So you can only work in a company owned by someone who is more educated than you? Do you know how many Engineers that work in Dangote group? I believe that one of the reasons why we still have a high rate of unemployment in the country is pride among our graduates that is why some graduates look down on others who take up entreprenuership after graduation. If a Nigerian graduate can be a taxi driver in New York why can't a graduate be employed as a driver in Dangote group?
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by basher(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
This kind of professionalising scheme should be introduced into the Nigerian police force. If only states were allowed to set up & control their own police forces!

Speaking about police, won't they be targeting these ajebutter truck drivers? Double roger for dangote driver!

1 Like

Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by luluosas(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Jarus: Hmmmnnn, no be small thing o

Meanwhile, the man that expects to be paid 250-300k is dreaming sha.
I don't see Dangote paying such for a driver abeg. A fresh grad/entry level earns btw 80-100k in Dangote. Max 150k for the drivers.
He may not be paid that much but, his passion for the job makes him stand-out. What do you think?
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by luluosas(m): 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Are you for real? How many graduates have your PhD President Jonathan employed since 2010? I think you just spoke with your anus!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Sijo01(f): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
Danka7777:

This girl is up to something. See her mouth...."I prefer verry big truck" She even emphasize the " very"smiley Why big? Can't you go for small or intermediate?

the biger the better..... I wanna be the lord of the road with ma big truck.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Raxxye(m): 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chei!!! See money!!! Why I no apply sef?
But wait o, na only 100 dem take out of the thousands wey apply? The others nko? Even with their masters degree, dem dey make guy for them for truck-driving job! Nigeria bad sha!!
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by mkoabiola: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
Man must chop if not hunger go waya d graduate.
Certificate is jus a paper,na skills matter alot
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by ochallo: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
obo_man: Everything shouldn't be about the money..... You become graduate to earn a career, not a living.... A career is lifelong, and I don't think being a truck driver is the raason why people go to university....

That being said, should I attack Dangote for providing a means of livelihood for people? NO

I will surely blame the government......

Nigeria's main problems are 3, that can easily be tackled...... If we solve the problem of electricity, roads and security, we are on the right track. I have recently just left University like most of these graduates, and want to start an Ice-cream business. I have already made contacts, thanks to mobile technology, now I need good roads to transport my raw materials and finished goods in and out of my factory. I also need constant electricity to run my gadgets.

I have neither good roads nor constant electricity. Now I need to buy generator, and now I need to constantly fuel my generator...... Look at them huge costs used to start up businesses in 9ja.....I'm entrepreneurial, my parents could easily raise me capital, but I need my government to do her bit.

If we could protest against fuel hike as a People, I don't know why we can't tell our government to fix electricity within three months or we all go on strike indefinitely.

Soldiers, Police, teachers, everyone..... We invade National House of Assembly and camp there until our demands are met........

Constant Electricity alone can reduce unemployment in Nigeria by 30%.

wow, i am happy that there are still right thinking Nigerians in this country. God bless you my brother and may all your good dreams and endeavors be successful.
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by ochallo: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

I no sabi every & I stand to be corrected/taught, but I wonder the value of what they are hauling that a truck driver will be paid 400grand despite the fact that he's not the owner of the truck.
Take for instance, an average truck hauls about 600 bags of cement which put the total value at 900k if we use 1,500 per bag. I'm just thinking how possible it is to pay the driver 400grand for only his driving service.
Even the independent truck owners get paid around 250k.
Like I said, I wish to be educated if I'm incorrect.

i think they would be hauling cocaine. LOL
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
some siddon dey analyse dangote,some siddon dey blame government,while others dey chop free food,sleep for correct room,and will still get paid,in life i have learnt no guts no glory,n pride always come before a fall..dangote boys enjoy ur experience n ur new wealth,u guys got what it takes to make it,desire,hunger,zeal,reminds me of the movie wallsttreet,where gekko says he always employs the hungry,because the welfed and soft are of no use in a cutthroat world
Re: Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers by spartanian(m): 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
those illiterate Dangote truck drivers are being paid on average 30k per month so maybe d graduate drivers will be paid about 60- 80k per month.
mind you fleet managers in Dangote get around 170k every month nd fleet officers about 100k on average.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mum Wants Me To Take Over Her School But I Want Something Else. / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.